Thor May Cry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF DELPH
Trying to gauge where Dante, Virgil, and Trish stack up against comic characters.

So, starting with Thor since he also has magical abilities.

Round 1: Thor Vs. Trish
Round 2: Thor Vs. Virgil
Round 3: Thor vs. Dante
Round 4: Trish and Virgil vs. Thor
Round 5: Dante and Virgil vs. Thor
Round 6: All vs Thor

Does Thor lose any round or clear with ease?

SquallX
Jesus man no. No one in the Devil May Cry verse would last a micro second against Thor.

Thor would annihilates all of the DMC Verse all at once.

Plus it's Vergil, not Virgil.

Surtur
I really can't see how they even inflict harm onto Thor. Maybe make this animated Thor. Even movie Thor would be less of a stomp.

EDIT: Wow two people think he'd lose to Trish. I..what?

One_Angry_Scot
You'd probably need Majin Dante to put more power into the battles. While Dante himself isn't a slouch when it comes to strength I don't think he's up there with Thor.

StiltmanFTW
Thor is too weak.

SquallX
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
You'd probably need Majin Dante to put more power into the battles. While Dante himself isn't a slouch when it comes to strength I don't think he's up there with Thor.

Not even Majin would be considered a threat. One of the things that makes Dante so haxs are his gears, and Thor's immune to all of them.

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by SquallX
Not even Majin would be considered a threat. One of the things that makes Dante so haxs are his gears, and Thor's immune to all of them.

Oh yeah sure. I just meant like he'd be the bare minimum that would be required. I reckon he was more strong than we think though. He's meant to be even more powerful than Sparda. He's one of them characters where we can't be 100% sure where his power is.

deathslash
Not even Majin would be considered a threat. One of the things that makes Dante so haxs are his gears, and Thor's immune to all of them. he's immune to time stopping and a sword that cuts through dimensions? This is news to me.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by deathslash
he's immune to time stopping and a sword that cuts through dimensions? This is news to me.

Welcome to KMC.

Thor and Supes get wanked to the point of bleeding here. Smh.

Thor gets wrecked, he's no fighter.

Surtur
Thor's hammer used to stop time right? So I wouldn't be surprised if somehow it could protect him from one, but I'd want to see a feat of it.

As for a sword that cuts through dimensions..was it specifically meant for that or is it just so powerful it can do that?

SquallX
he's immune to time stopping and a sword that cuts through dimensions? This is news to me.

Pretty sure Thor's survived worse.

True Yamato does cut through Dimensions., Dante who's far below Thor have survived multiple cuts from Vergil.

Also, Yamato's dimension cuts aren't that powerful, and there limited to specific aspects.

carver9

True Yamato does cut through Dimensions., Dante who's far below Thor have survived multiple cuts from Vergil.

Also, Yamato's dimension cuts aren't that powerful, and there limited to specific aspects.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud laughing out loud What's so funny bro?

deathslash

Also, Yamato's dimension cuts aren't that powerful, and there limited to specific aspects. you're not addressing dante's insane healing factor though. One which iirc Thor doesn't have (on that sort of level).

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What's so funny bro?

His post.

Damborgson
you're not addressing dante's insane healing factor though. One which iirc Thor doesn't have (on that sort of level).

Has he heed from ashes before?

Stoic
Dante would need a few more levels to compete. Unfortunately the games never lasted that long.

HulkIsHulk
Thor takes them on together twice in numbers and that group doubled in power and makes them cry like btches so bad that they dissolve in the ocean if tears
On a more serious note, Thor walks all over them. DMC is a seriously overrared verse with absolutely overrated characters. Atleast God of War and Asura's Wrath have some concrete feats. Most of what DMC fanboys call feats are nothing more than hyperbole and speculation, and the few feats they g
have put them below most conic top tiers. The fanboys actually claim that they are above top tiers and would slice them to pieces. SMH

SquallX
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud laughing out loud

You idiot, have even played the original series?

SquallX
you're not addressing dante's insane healing factor though. One which iirc Thor doesn't have (on that sort of level).

There healing factors are not that great actually. It's great in there own verse, but outside of said verse, it's pretty basic.

I would put there healing factor on Angel's level.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What's so funny bro?

Every myth about Thor.

Mister Hyde, 1st appearance:

Hyde: Ok, Thor. I'm ending it now. *pulls out a handgun*

Thor: NO! Without my hammer to deflect the bullets, I'll die!

Not the exact quotes, but the meaning very much preserved.

And that's when Thor's comics were written by the God of Marvel Comics. Thor should consider himself lucky that bullet in the Black Panther comic only rendered him uncoscious.

abhilegend
Thor will cry.

http://www.bite.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/thor-crying.jpg

StiltmanFTW
All he can do. Especially nowadays.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a104/chubbs019007/gifs/tumblr_lx9fffjKTU1r0s9tc.gif

One Big Mob
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Every myth about Thor.

Mister Hyde, 1st appearance:

Hyde: Ok, Thor. I'm ending it now. *pulls out a handgun*

Thor: NO! Without my hammer to deflect the bullets, I'll die!

Not the exact quotes, but the meaning very much preserved.

And that's when Thor's comics were written by the God of Marvel Comics. Thor should consider himself lucky that bullet in the Black Panther comic only rendered him uncoscious. Thor got turned into couscous by a bullet?

StiltmanFTW
laughing

You bet he did. Canon.

SquallX
This place is getting more idiotic everyday with the low bawll of characters.

PIS/CIS is never allowed in a forum fight.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, only the highest showings ever are allowed. My bad, Squallossus thumb up

Thor's piercing durability always sucked.

One Big Mob
This place is getting more idiotic everyday with the low bawll of characters.

PIS/CIS is never allowed in a forum fight. You can't blame the forum when only one man on this forum lowballs anyone:

Mungi.

And that's when he lowballs our intelligence when he assumes we want to know more than passing knowledge of his z listers.

StiltmanFTW
KM won't stop carving through our skulls till we learn every single one of 3042 origins of Hawkman.

leonidas
thumb up

One Big Mob
KM won't stop carving through our skulls till we learn every single one of 3042 origins of Hawkman. Now that you mention the Carve, it'd be an interesting teamup.

Mungi feeds him respect threads in pms and Carver carves his way through threads copy and pasting whole sections. Nobody knows a ****ing thing about the characters Carver is debating so he's free to lowball the opposition with no fear.

"And this is why Puck beats Superman

-------------------------------

Puck beats Rhino in 30 punches
www.hulkhasbuckets.carve/9

--------------------------------"

*scan of Superman getting knocked out by Titus*

StiltmanFTW
hulkhasbuckets... laughing out loud

SquallX
Yeah, only the highest showings ever are allowed. My bad, Squallossus thumb up

Thor's piercing durability always sucked.

No you idiot, it's not just that. We Thor's average are tiers above anything in the DMC Verse. But the fact that you're lowballing him shows how pathetic you are.

celeyhyga17
locolaugh

StiltmanFTW
No you idiot, it's not just that. We Thor's average are tiers above anything in the DMC Verse. But the fact that you're lowballing him shows how pathetic you are.

Cry more.

Your boner on the likes of Superman and Thor is legendary laughing out loud

SquallX
Cry more.

Your boner on the likes of Superman and Thor is legendary laughing out loud

While you're stupidity and low balling of comics characters are only rivaled by Quan and caver.

StiltmanFTW
Come, Squall. I'll whisper something in your ear... Goku still rapes Superman 10/10.

SquallX
Come, Squall. I'll whisper something in your ear... Goku still rapes Superman 10/10.

What does Goku have to do with Thor vs the Dmc verse?

you must really like Goku's cock so much, and that's why you're bringing him up in fight he's not even him.

StiltmanFTW
He's in your head, though.

That's right. Get mad, Squall big grin

celeyhyga17
Same could be said about u.
hmm

StiltmanFTW
Yes, I know laughing out loud

biscuits

LordofBrooklyn
Stillborn, will be put out of his misery soon enough.

celeyhyga17
lol1

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Stillborn, will be put out of his misery soon enough.

Not by your paw, you yappy chihuahua.

Genii96
Vergil could actually kill him with yamato,especially the 'thousand blade technique' he uses at the final fight,his summoned swords also ignore physical durability too,

SquallX
Originally posted by Genii96
Vergil could actually kill him with yamato,especially the 'thousand blade technique' he uses at the final fight,his summoned swords also ignore physical durability too,

bINyQWt4Db4

StiltmanFTW
Squall May Cry

Genii96
How does thor stack against teleporters?

MF DELPH
Bump

Astner
Yamato was used to separate the human world from the demon world. That's pretty much the only feat from Devil May Cry of any value to this thread.

Surtur
Originally posted by Astner
Yamato was used to separate the human world from the demon world. That's pretty much the only feat from Devil May Cry of any value to this thread.

Was it some kind of interdimensional key thing or just so powerful it could tear open a dimension or whatever? Yes I played the game but...my god the storyline is awful I tuned most of it out.

Astner
It wasn't specified.

SquallX
Originally posted by Surtur
Was it some kind of interdimensional key thing or just so powerful it could tear open a dimension or whatever? Yes I played the game but...my god the storyline is awful I tuned most of it out.

It's just a key.

Yamato plays the same role as the Amulets the twins received from Eva. In DMC3, is the complete Amulet, the blood of Sparda and the blood of the priestess that sealed the Temin-Ni-Gru, a gateway to Hell.

Surtur
So then I don't see why that says anything about its destructive power.

EcstaticGrace
Not that knowledgeable on DMC characters but can't Thor be pierced he's not really invulnerable to piercing weapons shown by his arm being cut off by Frost Giants or other incidents.

Couldn't Dante just use Quicksilver and stabbed him in the head?

deathslash
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Not that knowledgeable on DMC characters but can't Thor be pierced he's not really invulnerable to piercing weapons shown by his arm being cut off by Frost Giants or other incidents.

Couldn't Dante just use Quicksilver and stabbed him in the head? one low showing doesn't mean that we discount his entire history. He's shown that he he can't be cut easily. Also, it's not like he was cut by a random sword or anything. He got his arm hacked off by a frost giant wielding jarnborn, a mystically enchanted ax that has cut everything from sky fathers to celstials.

ShadowFyre
Ive played most of the DMC games. They are awesome, but take on a DC or Marvel herald, especially one of the big ones is a bit beyond them. And Jarnborn cuts through abstracts like butter. Hardly a low showing.

Astner
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
And Jarnborn cuts through abstracts like butter.
What?

deathslash
What? it's cut up celstials, beyonders, apocalypse (not an abstract, I'm just saying), gor the god butcher, and several others.

ShadowFyre
What? I said " AND JARNBORN CUTS THROUGH ABSTRACTS LIKE BUTTER" Thats what it does, it was even supposedbly cutting the Destroyer armor and the only time to my knoedge that it has been damaged was by the 4th host. Id it had the enchantments like Mjolnir it would be as Hax as Majestics Creation Blades.

EcstaticGrace
one low showing doesn't mean that we discount his entire history. He's shown that he he can't be cut easily. Also, it's not like he was cut by a random sword or anything. He got his arm hacked off by a frost giant wielding jarnborn, a mystically enchanted ax that has cut everything from sky fathers to celstials.

deathslash
it certainly isn't unthinkable that he could be cut, but the real question here is what feats does dante's sword have to suggest that it could do such damage. You yourself said that you don't know very much about DMC, so do you know of any character or object in DMC that has the level of durability that Thor has that dante has cut through? Also, what are the numerous other times that Thor has been cut? Do you have any examples that aren't involving deus ex style plot device weapons or outright examples of PIS?

Genii96
It's just a key.

Yamato plays the same role as the Amulets the twins received from Eva. In DMC3, is the complete Amulet, the blood of Sparda and the blood of the priestess that sealed the Temin-Ni-Gru, a gateway to Hell.
Its not just a key,it can cut through dimensions,and and cut someone far away from the person. One solid blow put dante out of commission when he faced vergil. Not saying dmc wins though

Astner
it's cut up celstials, beyonders, apocalypse (not an abstract, I'm just saying), gor the god butcher, and several others.
It cut up a Celestial because it was enchanted to cut through Apocalypse's armor which was made from Celestial technology, Gorr was squishy but could regenerate with the power of his sword, and the Beyonder battle was complete horseshit.

I suppose you could argue that the Celestials are lesser Abstracts.

deathslash
It cut up a Celestial because it was enchanted to cut through Apocalypse's armor which was made from Celestial technology, Gorr was squishy but could regenerate with the power of his sword, and the Beyonder battle was complete horseshit.

I suppose you could argue that the Celestials are lesser Abstracts. 1. Celstials are abstracts
2. You can't discount the beyonders just cause you want to, that's not how this works.
3. beyonders are abstracts. Note how they killed all the other abstracts including the living tribunal (you don't get much more abstract than that).

Just saw your edit.

StiltmanFTW
1. Celstials are abstracts

Jobstracts, if anything.

Astner
You can't discount the beyonders just cause you want to, that's not how this works.
No. But I can discount it on the basis that it's inconsistent with the overall portrayal of the Beyonders.

beyonders are abstracts. Note how they killed all the other abstracts including the living tribunal (you don't get much more abstract than that).
In Marvel Abstract is a category of beings, not a denotation of power.

EcstaticGrace
it certainly isn't unthinkable that he could be cut, but the real question here is what feats does dante's sword have to suggest that it could do such damage. You yourself said that you don't know very much about DMC, so do you know of any character or object in DMC that has the level of durability that Thor has that dante has cut through? Also, what are the numerous other times that Thor has been cut? Do you have any examples that aren't involving deus ex style plot device weapons or outright examples of PIS?

Is there anything that has failed to cut Thor that isn't PIS is more the question I'd need answered probably to answer yours.

Can't really say I consider any showing in DMC PIS considering they don't have much contradicting them since they appear less then comic characters.

Astner
Just saw your edit.
Yeah. They should be Abstracts since The One Above All (Celestial) did appear with the other Abstracts in the Dimension of Manifestations.

deathslash
No. But I can discount it on the basis that it's inconsistent with the overall portrayal of the Beyonders.

In Marvel Abstract is a category of beings, not a denotation of power. I really don't see how it's inconsistent. High level Asgardian weaponry has consistently hurt abstracts level beings and jarnborn already had some feats to suggest that it could hurt some abstracts.

On kmc, abstract is a denotation of power, not a category of character. The same way that skyfathers on kmc isn't just restricted to actual lords of pantheons. In our tiers, abstracts are beings that are above skyfathers.Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Is there anything that has failed to cut Thor that isn't PIS is more the question I'd need answered probably to answer yours.

Can't really say I consider any showing in DMC PIS considering they don't have much contradicting them since they appear less then comic characters. the only times that I've seen Thor get cut involve either Asgardian weaponry (some of which are actual plot devices), adamantium (another plot device), jarnborn (yet another plot device), and mystically enchanted weapons. Now if you can give me one example of a character or object with durability on par with thor, I will concede this point, however as it is now, I don't think that date can cut him.

Genii96
It cuts through celestials because it's enchantment specificallyy allow that,I didn't see any beyyonder get sliced by it,and gorr isn't an abstract

EcstaticGrace
I really don't see how it's inconsistent. High level Asgardian weaponry has consistently hurt abstracts level beings and jarnborn already had some feats to suggest that it could hurt some abstracts.

On kmc, abstract is a denotation of power, not a category of character. The same way that skyfathers on kmc isn't just restricted to actual lords of pantheons. In our tiers, abstracts are beings that are above skyfathers. the only times that I've seen Thor get cut involve either Asgardian weaponry (some of which are actual plot devices), adamantium (another plot device), jarnborn (yet another plot device), and mystically enchanted weapons. Now if you can give me one example of a character or object with durability on par with thor, I will concede this point, however as it is now, I don't think that date can cut him.

Piercing Durability doesn't Equate to Blunt Force Durability Wonder Woman is a good example of that. A bullet doesn't have the durability of Wonder Woman but is still able to pierce her flesh.

If every time Thor's been harmed by a piercing weapon is PIS I find that a bit funny to think that's its not just that he can be consistently harmed by piercing instruments.

deathslash
Piercing Durability doesn't Equate to Blunt Force Durability Wonder Woman is a good example of that. A bullet doesn't have the durability of Wonder Woman but is still able to pierce her flesh.

If every time Thor's been harmed by a piercing weapon is PIS I find that a bit funny to think that's its not just that he can be consistently harmed by piercing instruments. currently, I'm pretty sure that guns are hilariously beneath wonder woman.

Are you actually going to list any of the times that he's been "harmed" by these weapons or are you just going to keep saying that he's been stabbed and slashed by a bunch of different weapons and we should take your word for it? Seriously, you need to actually list something other than him losing an arm to an ax that has cut up other herald level characters.

EcstaticGrace
currently, I'm pretty sure that guns are hilariously beneath wonder woman.

Are you actually going to list any of the times that he's been "harmed" by these weapons or are you just going to keep saying that he's been stabbed and slashed by a bunch of different weapons and we should take your word for it? Seriously, you need to actually list something other than him losing an arm to an ax that has cut up other herald level characters.

If your speaking about the Deadshot shooting Wonder Woman instance to I found it really convenient that none of those bullets made skin contact. Nonetheless point still stands with PreFP Wonder Woman.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11125/111252882/4979622-5464516155-20378.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11125/111252882/4979506-1310315654-1rPm9.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Thor's piercing durability level was never one of his strong assets. Every objective fan knows that.

deathslash
If your speaking about the Deadshot shooting Wonder Woman instance to I found it really convenient that none of those bullets made skin contact. Nonetheless point still stands with PreFP Wonder Woman.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11125/111252882/4979622-5464516155-20378.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11125/111252882/4979506-1310315654-1rPm9.jpg what are those scans from? Do you have issue numbers or the context behind them?

StiltmanFTW
First one is from when Thor fought Crusader... probably their first fight, iirc? The villain is powered by his faith.

The second one is relatively recent. It's been posted here a few times, including the Ownage thread. It's not contradicting anything, actually...

celeyhyga17

I suppose you could argue that the Celestials are lesser Abstracts.
Virtually nothing short of uber power can damage the Destroyer armor.

http://i.imgur.com/G2VAVV6.jpg

And wrecked Galactus's jaw in the future.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/3/39001/3839205-t2.png

StiltmanFTW
Marvel still haven't revealed what it's actually made out of, have they?

celeyhyga17
Marvel still haven't revealed what it's actually made out of, have they?
Nope.

deathslash
First one is from when Thor fought Crusader... probably their first fight, iirc? The villain is powered by his faith.

The second one is relatively recent. It's been posted here a few times, including the Ownage thread. It's not contradicting anything, actually... how powerful is the crusader? Give me a rough estimate of what tier he's in and anything else that he's cut.

What was he cut by in the second scan? Was it a specific type of metal ?
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Virtually nothing short of uber power can damage the Destroyer armor.

http://i.imgur.com/G2VAVV6.jpg

And wrecked Galactus's jaw in the future.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_super/3/39001/3839205-t2.png it's funny that Thor cut the destroyer's arm and then in secret wars, he cut off and took the destroyer's arm with jarnborn again.

EcstaticGrace
how powerful is the crusader? Give me a rough estimate of what tier he's in and anything else that he's cut.

What was he cut by in the second scan? Was it a specific type of metal ?
it's funny that Thor cut the destroyer's arm and then in secret wars, he cut off and took the destroyer's arm with jarnborn again.

I'd be surprised if Crusader is above the 10-20 tonner range.

The second scan is Iceman's ice cutting through him there's instances with stuff like Rhino with the Asgardian Serpents horn stabbing through Thor, I believe and instance of a bullet piercing his flesh (Though that might be PIS and I don't really know where it's from so take that as you will) Loki stabbing through him as well as Wolverine who in physical strength isn't really a 5 tonner but his weapon is sharp I still believe it requires physical strength to be able to pierce through bone whereas skin should be easier.

Dante's weapons are tied to his soul I believe and get stronger with the magic in him. I'm not that knowledgeable on Dante when I brought up the idea of using Quicksilver and stabbing Thor I was curious to if there was a way for Thor to counter this

deathslash

The second scan is Iceman's ice cutting through him there's instances with stuff like Rhino with the Asgardian Serpents horn stabbing through Thor, I believe and instance of a bullet piercing his flesh (Though that might be PIS and I don't really know where it's from so take that as you will) Loki stabbing through him as well as Wolverine who in physical strength isn't really a 5 tonner but his weapon is sharp I still believe it requires physical strength to be able to pierce through bone whereas skin should be easier.

Dante's weapons are tied to his soul I believe and get stronger with the magic in him. I'm not that knowledgeable on Dante when I brought up the idea of using Quicksilver and stabbing Thor I was curious to if there was a way for Thor to counter this iceman's ice? That's a low showing for sure. I'm not sure about the rhino showing, but the asgardian serpent is on the level of a skyfather, so I don't consider that to be a bad showing. Lori uses magic and asgardian weapons, so I still don't consider that to be a low showing and wolverine has pierced everything from meta level characters to abstract level characters (his claws are a plot device in and of themselves).

Thor could counter it by using his soul sucking power.

celeyhyga17

Dante's weapons are tied to his soul I believe and get stronger with the magic in him. I'm not that knowledgeable on Dante when I brought up the idea of using Quicksilver and stabbing Thor I was curious to if there was a way for Thor to counter this
Crusader claimed he had the strength of 100,000 warriors. He is probably far beyond a 10 - 20 to tonner.

He could probably cut Thor. Will it do enough debilitating damage to stop Thor before he eats Mjolnir? Doubt it.
http://i.imgur.com/xz7F3U6.jpg

EcstaticGrace
iceman's ice? That's a low showing for sure. I'm not sure about the rhino showing, but the asgardian serpent is on the level of a skyfather, so I don't consider that to be a bad showing. Lori uses magic and asgardian weapons, so I still don't consider that to be a low showing and wolverine has pierced everything from meta level characters to abstract level characters (his claws are a plot device in and of themselves).

Thor could counter it by using his soul sucking power.

The problem I'm having is how would he use the soul sucking power if Dante uses Quicksilver.

In terms of the ice thing low showing or not there's nothing to my knowledge to contradict it.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Crusader claimed he had the strength of 100,000 warriors. He is probably far beyond a 10 - 20 to tonner.

He could probably cut Thor. Will it do enough debilitating damage to stop Thor before he eats Mjolnir? Doubt it.
http://i.imgur.com/xz7F3U6.jpg

I honestly don't know how to take that it seems pretty plausible though that he's strong but the strength of 100,000 warriors mean he's as strong as all of them combined? Or that he's fueled in the sense he could singlehandedly go against that amount of characters?

I could take it as the first though.

celeyhyga17
I honestly don't know how to take that it seems pretty plausible though that he's strong but the strength of 100,000 warriors mean he's as strong as all of them combined? Or that he's fueled in the sense he could singlehandedly go against that amount of characters?

I could take it as the first though.
He was definitely talking about strength since he spoke of his "sinews" bursting with the strength of one hundred thousand warriors.

CosmicComet
Random bump.

Dante or Vergil unironically wins this easily.

DMC lore and scaling chain is broken. With high level demons that are so fast they surpass the time axis. Basically Wally West type shit. And high level demons that can casually create an infinite sized universe with a flap of their wings.

Even a high mid-level demon is so strong that it could hold up the entirety of the Demon World, which is stated multiple times to be infinite in size.

Then by end of series Dante and Vergil are casually far beyond those same demons, to the point they would be fodder in comparison.

StiltmanFTW
Loses in round 1.

2016 was full of thorbags, but now everybody knows Thor can't even handle Aquaman, Cyclops or Hank Pym.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.