Darth Marr runs a PT Jedi Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
Interested to see how powerful people believe Darth Marr to be.

Round 1: Quinlan Vos (Legends)
Round 2: Plo Koon
Round 3: Qui-Gon Jinn
Round 4: Shaak Ti (ROTS)
Round 5: Kit Fisto

Boss: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Duels take place within the Jedi Council Chamber, Marr gets full rest and heal between rounds.

JKBart
Quinlan Vos - wins 7-8/10.
Plo Koon - loses, probably somewhere around 3/10.
Qui-Gon Jinn - 7-8/10.
Shaak Ti - 8/10.
Kit Fito - 2/10.
Obi-Wan Kenobi - 0/10.

Deronn_solo
Dies at Plo, KEK.

ILS
dat order though

S_W_LeGenD
He should clear, IMO.

Beniboybling
Interesting to see Koon held in such high esteem.

hutchy1345
Plo is defo better than qui-gon imo

Nephthys
Nah.

Beniboybling
Meh, Qui-Gon was able to match Darth Maul blow for blow on Tatooine, and engaged him in a marathon duel on Naboo.

Plo Koon didn't do so well against his less talented brother and altogether lacks a comparable showing.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dies to kenobi, not sure about he others.

ILS
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Meh, Qui-Gon was able to match Darth Maul blow for blow on Tatooine, and engaged him in a marathon duel on Naboo.

Plo Koon didn't do so well against his less talented brother and altogether lacks a comparable showing. He was seconds from death on Tatooine, and was being toyed with on Naboo for the most part. According to pretty much every source.

S_W_LeGenD
I am not sure how Obi-Wan Kenobi can tackle Darth Marr in an all-out bout.

carthage
I'd say loses all but maybe Qui Gon

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Beats all but Kenobi smile

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
I'd say loses all but maybe Qui Gon
Nonsense.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
I am not sure how Obi-Wan Kenobi can tackle Darth Marr in an all-out bout.
With a lightsaber and Jedi powers.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ILS
He was seconds from death on Tatooine, and was being toyed with on Naboo for the most part. According to pretty much every source. Sources state he was on the back foot on Tatooine, and Maul applied Sokan on Naboo. What you're saying seems exaggerated and baseless, I assume you have material I'm unaware of.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
With a lightsaber and Jedi powers.
Very convincing.

ILS
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I assume you have material I'm unaware of. Apparently, the TPM novel. And the movie.

In the movie he gets onto the ramp gasping for breathe like a thirsty dog, and most other sources confirm that even despite Maul starting the fight with a leg injury, Jinn was exhausted and in desperate need to run.

"Applied Sokan". Maul isn't a practitioner of Sokan, not sure how you can arrive at this conclusion but call me baseless. Especially when, again, most evidence suggests Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were being controlled for the entire fight, and that Maul was doing so with "astonishing ease".

There's a lot more than that but I lack the effort to sift through every version of the fight. Qui-Gon by himself is a 30 second affair for Maul.

Beniboybling
Right, but if Qui-Gon were about to die, it begs the question of why it took longer for Maul to defeat him the second time around, when not injured, and with his saberstaff in full play. erm

And by Sokan I mean using the environment to your tactical advantage, which is what Maul did. He lured Jinn into an environment were he could defeat him without interference, and with Jinn's stamina depleted, not for the lols.

P.S. He performed acrobatics with "astonishing ease", not held his own in combat.

Tondemonai
Clears for sure.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Beats all but Kenobi smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.