Most Transparent Administration in History

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
Turns out, the promise of the president of Obama to make his administration the most transparent in history have fallen short of his promise. Over 5550,000 Freedom of Information Act requests have been denied.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2015/03/16/has-obama-delivered-the-most-transparent-administration-in-history/

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/06/04/obama-administration-denied-550000-foia-requests-journalists-describe-stonewalling

Stigma
Obama. It's very transparent that he is shady thumb up

Raisen
Stigma. What do you most of your polish peers think about president obama

snowdragon
Obama is just using political language spin.

Stigma
Originally posted by Raisen
Stigma. What do you most of your polish peers think about president obama Well, in my country America has a prevalent positive image, however, most think Obama is form over substance. Most think he is more of a celebrity than a true leader.

Raisen
lol. that's what i always thought about obama myself. it's funny that he's more of a celebrity than an actual celebrity (trump)

Slay
Originally posted by Stigma
Well, in my country America has a prevalent positive image, however, most think Obama is form over substance. Most think he is more of a celebrity than a true leader.
Bruh, from my experience living in the Czech Republic and having traveled to Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Hungary numerous times; most young Eastern-Europeans have some nigh horny obsession with America. They instantly get hard/wet at the mere mention of the US. It's like they all wished they were American and they all want to go on holidays there/move there. How different it is in Western-Europe were so many people look down on those from the Greatest Nation on Earth. Must be jealousy, amirite?

Stigma
Originally posted by Slay
Bruh, from my experience living in the Czech Republic and having traveled to Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and Hungary numerous times; most young Eastern-Europeans have some nigh horny obsession with America. They instantly get hard/wet at the mere mention of the US. It's like they all wished they were American and they all want to go on holidays there/move there. How different it is in Western-Europe were so many people look down on those from the Greatest Nation on Earth. Must be jealousy, amirite?
This is true, especially concerning popular culture. Poles will adopt any pop cultural trend from the US (music, americanized food or enternainment) without giving it a second thought.

To give an example, there are more McDonalds and Starbucks in my city than you can imagine and at the movies, comicbook flicks like Avengers rule supreme.

This is largely due to an idealized vision of the US as the land of the free and the land of opportunity.

When it comes to politics though, young Poles are largely disillusioned. If I were to desribe major political figures seen through an average young Poles' eyes, it would be:

Obama - like a Hollywood actor, friendly and smiley, the good guy

Putin - someone to be feared and a guy that plays other political leaders swiftly, the villain

Merkel - malicious and ugly, an old witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.