Demogorge vs Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Fight off world somewhere...

Who wins?

leonidas
this is a weird fight and hard to call. both have quite a wide range of showings. at their best of course parallax slaughters (if we assume zero hour parallax is something to consider here) but if we go by more 'regular' versions it's maybe closer. without a host parallax is harder to place in terms of overall power. it depends a little too, on just how 'sated' demogorge is. how many gods has he devoured? thor has battled atum, and thor and a few others have beaten demogorge, but demo has also been on levels that place him at....very high levels. more powerful than multiple elder gods....

then you wonder if demo could absorb parallax. i don't think so--no godly or traditional 'demonic' energy to absorb, but....maybe he could. if so, clearly he'd win. if not, it would depend on demo's level. i'd say demogorge could win, but more often than not, he'd need to be at a very high level to do so. given just, 'typical' levels, i'd say parallax takes it though, and certainly at the highest levels it isn't close.

still, tough battle to call imo, given the odd natures of both characters.

TethAdamTheRock
Weird fight

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
this is a weird fight and hard to call. both have quite a wide range of showings. at their best of course parallax slaughters (if we assume zero hour parallax is something to consider here) but if we go by more 'regular' versions it's maybe closer. without a host parallax is harder to place in terms of overall power. it depends a little too, on just how 'sated' demogorge is. how many gods has he devoured? thor has battled atum, and thor and a few others have beaten demogorge, but demo has also been on levels that place him at....very high levels. more powerful than multiple elder gods....

then you wonder if demo could absorb parallax. i don't think so--no godly or traditional 'demonic' energy to absorb, but....maybe he could. if so, clearly he'd win. if not, it would depend on demo's level. i'd say demogorge could win, but more often than not, he'd need to be at a very high level to do so. given just, 'typical' levels, i'd say parallax takes it though, and certainly at the highest levels it isn't close.

still, tough battle to call imo, given the odd natures of both characters.

Definitely not zero hour. I want to see how far up the food chain Atum can go. Hes definitely above elder god but im not sure if cosmic is a good place for him either. Then like u said parallax is a weird entity to place without a host

leonidas
atum, on his own, with nothing to draw on isn't nearly as powerful. atum wouldn't have a chance in this. i'm not certain atum--at his based level--is even definitely above someone like thor but he can easily absorb thor and gain power releasing the demogorge. but someone like, say, superman or ss would likely beat atum imo since he couldn't absorb their power--least based on what i've seen of him and the way his powers are supposed to work....if someone has more info on him though, i could be wrong with at least some of this assessment.

the Darkone
Atum form 1 form is more powerful than any other sky father like Odin, Zeus and Vishnu combine, but when he turns into demogorge parallax attacks will be fueling him since he is energy and life force absorber.

Remember the Demogorge put the fear of God in set and chthon elder gods elite, only arcane magic has a chance of hurting atum/demogorge

TethAdamTheRock
I also remember thors hammer bouncing right off of him when he threw it at him
Now let's compare that to what Thor did in fear itself to Angrir and Hulk
I honestly think that the god blast wouldn't even hurt him.

Also that same Set that he fought, it took a cosmic cube used by Reed Richards to stop him. The cosmic cube was also left completely drained out of power while set was just banished

TethAdamTheRock
Set searching through all alternate earths.

This is before being defeated by a cosmic cube

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/seteldergod7.jpg

TethAdamTheRock
Dr strange uses a cosmic cube to destroy his serpent crown
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/5/56904/1595710-1466340_marvel_team_up_annual_1982_39.jpg

TethAdamTheRock
Picture of the elder gods, showing Nightmare and Shuman Gorath are in fact "Elder Gods" and a few others we have never seen.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/35816/1668656-1546651_monsters.jpg

TethAdamTheRock
Odin and all of Asgard was created by Demogorge

https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8ffa03e5c23a4785f9e0c0e64c881866?convert_to_webp=true

TethAdamTheRock
Demogorge wins

leonidas
i have no idea what all those multiple posts were supposed to show. thor's hammer never bounced off atum, it passed through him once. if you're talking demogorge, i don't recall that.

as far as parallax's attacks fueling demogorge--love to see a scan of a non-godly entity fueling him. as i said, parallax is not a demon or god. i don't see how he'd be able to absorb anything parallax did. if someone has proof that says otherwise, let's see it.

parallax with a host would win this. zero hour is spite. hostless? too tough to call.

TethAdamTheRock
i have no idea what all those multiple posts were supposed to show. thor's hammer never bounced off atum, it passed through him once. if you're talking demogorge, i don't recall that.

as far as parallax's attacks fueling demogorge--love to see a scan of a non-godly entity fueling him. as i said, parallax is not a demon or god. i don't see how he'd be able to absorb anything parallax did. if someone has proof that says otherwise, let's see it.

parallax with a host would win this. zero hour is spite. hostless? too tough to call. Demogorge and it bounced off him.

The scans were to shower the power levels atum surpassed all the gods of the earth all at the same time

Unless you think parallax can take on Odin, Zeus, Set, Chthon Gaea, Thor and their entire pantheons..? All at the same time ?

That's more than billions of people

the Darkone
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Odin and all of Asgard was created by Demogorge

https://qph.is.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8ffa03e5c23a4785f9e0c0e64c881866?convert_to_webp=true
There is no true origin behind asgard

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by the Darkone
No it wasnt, the energies that Demogorge release form the hell lords of Earth. Asgard has no connection Elder Gods except for Gaea who is the mother of Thor and that's it. Odon is a descented from Ymir the first God of Asgard then Buri, Bor then Odin and his siblings. Read the scan then. It said what I just said.

Demorgorge created Ymir.

the Darkone
Read the scan then. It said what I just said.

Demorgorge created Ymir.

That scan is outdated, there is many origins to Asgard none of them are right or wrong.

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by the Darkone
That scan is outdated, there is many origins to Asgard none of them are right or wrong. There's actually a recent scan confirming it

the Darkone
Asgard's true origin is unknown due to the cycle of Ragnaroks. According to one story, originally there was a void, Ginnungagap, bounded on either side by Muspelheim, the land of fire and Niflheim, the land of ice. When fire and ice met, they combined to form a giant named Ymir and a cow named Audhumbla who nourished Ymir. She survived by licking the salty ice blocks. From her licking emerged Buri who fathered Bor and through him the Asgardian race. Bor took the frost giant Bestia as his wife and fathered three children: Odin, Vili, and Ve. Bor is attributed with founding the city of Asgard and being its first king. The three brothers eventually slew Ymir and from his body made the Earth and humanity. After Bor's disappearance and the deaths of his brothers in battle with Surtur Odin became the sole ruler of the gods.

Another version states Asgard as it exist now only came into being about two thousand years ago. Every few thousand years Asgard is destroyed in Ragnarok only for a new Odin to form, rebuild the city and start the cycle anew with the gods living similar lives as they did before with slight differences. This cycle was perpetuated by mysterious beings called Those Who Sit Above in Shadow so they could feed off the energy released before being broken by Thor.

Another version given recently by Odin states when Odin and his brothers were children Bor took a seed from a dimensional rift and planted it in the ground creating the World Tree. It is unknown if this merely connected the nine worlds, created all of them including Asgard, or some combination.

Another version suggests the beings who became known as the Norse gods were formed from the "godstuff" scattered by Atum the God-Eater after he slew the evil elder gods. This godstuff was shaped by early human perceptions which formed all modern pantheons. The gods then eventually traveled from Earth to the dimension that became known as Asgard.

Another version suggests the gods were originally tribes of mortals that somehow ascended to godhood and eventually moved to Asgard.

It is unknown to what extent any of these stories are true. It is possible several of them are true or bits and pieces from various ones from the true origin. It is also possible none of them are true.

the Darkone

parallax with a host would win this. zero hour is spite. hostless? too tough to call.

Hostless I agree will be to tough to call, Demogorge sole purpose is to devour the gods that his purpose, but cosmic entities unknown

leonidas
Demogorge and it bounced off him.

The scans were to shower the power levels atum surpassed all the gods of the earth all at the same time

Unless you think parallax can take on Odin, Zeus, Set, Chthon Gaea, Thor and their entire pantheons..? All at the same time ?

That's more than billions of people

what book was it where it bounced off him?

atum's power level didn't surpass anyone's at its base. thor was able to harm atum INSIDE atum's own realm. as demogorge he was essentially immune to all of the gods' powers and could devour them. so, yeah, he can beat them. parallax is completely different. demogorge wouldn't be able to devour him and with a host parallax has better feats--some far FAR better feats. he's kryptonite to gods, but he's not fighting one here. we don't even know what level he's supposed to be at here. against the skrull gods though he was put down because he absorbed too MUCH godly energy iirc and he didn't really come across as all that awesome in that arc.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.