Punisher/Daredevil vs. Bane/Black Widow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
*Hand to hand only

*Matt as of Season 2

Round 1: Punisher vs. Bane
Daredevil vs. Black Widow

Round 2: Bane vs. Daredevil

Punisher vs. Black Widow

tkitna
RD 1 - Bane and Widow

RD 2 - Bane and Widow

Inhuman
Team 2 because of Widow

BruceSkywalker
haven't watched season two of Daredevil yet, but I would think Bane/Widow take this

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Inhuman
Team 2 because of Widow This. Widow carries them to victory.

TheVaultDweller
I'm a couple of episodes into season 2, and not so sure. Matt's striking power looks a lot better and more consistent so far, and his suit is pretty damn sturdy. Also, Frank has ridiculous levels of damage soak. At one point he drops about 15 feet, bounces lower back first off the edge of a metal warehouse thing, drops another dozen or so feet to the ground, and gets up and continues fighting right after. That should have snapped his spine, but it hardly slowed him down. And while not quite on par with DD, he is pretty skilled in H2H. But I still need to finish watching all of it before I can decide.

deathslash
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I'm a couple of episodes into season 2, and not so sure. Matt's striking power looks a lot better and more consistent so far, and his suit is pretty damn sturdy. Also, Frank has ridiculous levels of damage soak. At one point he drops about 15 feet, bounces lower back first off the edge of a metal warehouse thing, drops another dozen or so feet to the ground, and gets up and continues fighting right after. That should have snapped his spine, but it hardly slowed him down. And while not quite on par with DD, he is pretty skilled in H2H. But I still need to finish watching all of it before I can decide. thumb up this. Though punisher wasn't on matt's level, he was still up there and in their first fight, he was quite easily man handling him even though Murdock got the drop on him. Hell, even a heavily injured and still bleeding Frank managed to beat down some thugs immediately after getting shot a couple times.

Arachnid1
I wouldn't say that. Didn't Punisher beat the shit out of him and then run away the first time they fought? He could have finished him, but he just took off. It only took a few hits too, which means he has some crazy striking power. Then DD caught up to him for a round 2 and beat him, so Castle had to pull a gun on him. So far, whenever they fought, they've been dead even. 1 for 1.

Despite that, I wouldn't put either of them on Widows level just yet, as awesome as they are.

deathslash
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I wouldn't say that. Didn't Punisher beat the shit out of him and then run away the first time they fought? He could have finished him, but he just took off. It only took a few hits too, which means he has some crazy striking power. Then DD caught up to him for a round 2 and beat him, so Castle had to pull a gun on him. So far, whenever they fought, they've been dead even. 1 for 1.

Despite that, I wouldn't put either of them on Widows level just yet, as awesome as they are. I remember the first scuffle when punisher left Murdock on the ground and the second scuffle when punisher pulled a gun on him, but in their third fight, punisher won again. What's more impressive is that he won after Murdock got the drop on him again and hit him off of a f*cking water tower and after he took a few swat bullets to the arms. In their fourth fight, punisher beat him into the ground again and only lost when he got taken from behind while he was trying to deal with the dogs of hell. You know what, I've throughly convinced myself that punisher wins against either of his opponents.

wakkawakkawakka
Black Widow may be the better combatant but the damage soak DD and Punisher display is pretty high: even if she carries her team it won't be an easy win. Also both DD and Punished appear to be superior to Baleman so I'm not sure how well Bane will do against either of them.

Ultimately I'd give R1 to Bane and BW with R2 being a split: Black Widow wins her fight while Daredevil wins his.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by deathslash
I remember the first scuffle when punisher left Murdock on the ground and the second scuffle when punisher pulled a gun on him, but in their third fight, punisher won again. What's more impressive is that he won after Murdock got the drop on him again and hit him off of a f*cking water tower and after he took a few swat bullets to the arms. In their fourth fight, punisher beat him into the ground again and only lost when he got taken from behind while he was trying to deal with the dogs of hell. You know what, I've throughly convinced myself that punisher wins against either of his opponents. I've only seen up to episode 7 so far.

He won the first fight legitly.

He won the second fight by pulling a gun on DD as DD was beating him down. That was Murdocks win IMO.

He won the third fight when DD went deaf like earlier in the episode and passed out from his concussion. He was in a worse condition, though this is because he was shot. I'd say this fight is a dead tie.

I haven't seen them fight again yet. Punisher is in custody where I am so far, so I don't know about a fourth fight. So far though, its pretty even.

deathslash
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I've only seen up to episode 7 so far.

He won the first fight legitly.

He won the second fight by pulling a gun on DD as DD was beating him down. That was Murdocks win IMO.

He won the third fight when DD went deaf like earlier in the episode and passed out from his concussion. He was in a worse condition, though this is because he was shot. I'd say this fight is a dead tie.

I haven't seen them fight again yet. Punisher is in custody where I am so far, so I don't know about a fourth fight. So far though, its pretty even. if you're to the part where he's in custody, then you've already seen the fourth fight. It was on the rooftop right after frank killed that irish gang member right in front of murdock. Punisher had him on the ground coughing up his blood and could have pressed the advantage, but instead decided to take down the dogs of he'll with his grenade launcher.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Matt had a bullet ricochet off his head not that long before fighting Frank that last time, and was suffering from what appeared to be a heavy concussion. The guy was visibly unsteady a few times, his hearing came and went, and he even started bleeding from the nose at one point. So it wasn't like he was 100% going in. He basically went after Frank the moment his hearing came back and he could get rid of Karen.

And as someone else mentioned, the issue with Widow is the fact that she usually resorts to her gear to take down tougher opponents. She has never dropped anyone as tough as Frank or Matt using pure H2H.

Inhuman
Good points for Team 1

deathslash
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Matt had a bullet ricochet off his head not that long before fighting Frank that last time, and was suffering from what appeared to be a heavy concussion. The guy was visibly unsteady a few times, his hearing came and went, and he even started bleeding from the nose at one point. So it wasn't like he was 100% going in. He basically went after Frank the moment his hearing came back and he could get rid of Karen.

And as someone else mentioned, the issue with Widow is the fact that she usually resorts to her gear to take down tougher opponents. She has never dropped anyone as tough as Frank or Matt using pure H2H. thumb up he wasn't at 100%, this much we know. However, we shouldn't forget that Frank also wasn't at the top of his game when the fight really started. He was thrown off a water tower and as the fight went on, he was the only one that ate several bullets.

I see Natasha snapping punisher's arm, kicking him in the face, thinking that it's over, and walking away and then being completely surprised by a hand grabbing her neck and choke slamming her into the ground over and over again.

TheVaultDweller
Honestly, Widow might have had trouble with Frank, even with her gauntlets, considering it took being tranq'd in the neck and multiple tazers to the chest to render him unconscious.

Inhuman
In the water tower fight Punisher was shot by one of the cops in the arm while fighting DD.

TheVaultDweller
Watching episode 8 and Matt had a pretty sick reflex feat. He dodged and then used his right hand to catch an arrow on his left side, shot at him from behind.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by deathslash
thumb up he wasn't at 100%, this much we know. However, we shouldn't forget that Frank also wasn't at the top of his game when the fight really started. He was thrown off a water tower and as the fight went on, he was the only one that ate several bullets.

Well, that last fight on the roof also had multiple parts. Matt got loose and Frank shot that guy, and then Matt beat Frank down to the ground, but then left him to go check on the guy. Then they scuffled again and Frank beat him down with the butt of his rifle. Then he blew up the bikes, at which point Matt had gotten back on his feet, and who then proceeded to grab Frank with the chain and KO him. And then Matt still kicked the crap out of like 20 bikers armed with melee weapons after that, while trying to get Frank safely out of there. So I would hardly call that a victory for Punisher. Anyway, I would argue that they are close enough in overall ability that external factors, like injuries etc., would tip the victory to either side. What I meant initially was that Matt seemed a more polished martial artist, where as Frank seemed more of a brawler, but no less deadly because of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.