Darth Malgus vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Both are in their prime; battle takes place on Tatooine.

Bonus: If Kenobi loses, add Clone Wars Ahsoka.

Tondemonai
Kek Malgus. Tbh it's insulting putting Malgus up against someone as weak (comparatively) as Kenobi.

carthage
Malgus in a spectacular fight, though sabers goes to Ben

Emperordmb
Kenobi takes sabers, Malgus takes force and all out.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Kek Malgus. Tbh it's insulting putting Malgus up against someone as weak (comparatively) as Kenobi.
>loses to TOR protags
> insulting to go up against one of the most powerful Jedi of all time

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
Malgus in a spectacular fight, though sabers goes to Ben Bonus round?

NewGuy01
Could go either way, but I'm inclined to lean Malgus for a majority.

With Ahsoka, the Jedi should win most of the time.

Syndicate
Malgus for both.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Could go either way How far below Dooku do you think Malgus is?

Nephthys
Malgus ragdolls wtf is this shit?

Originally posted by Tondemonai

thumb up

JKBart
Obi-Wan is totally outmatched as a duelist. Malgus well before his prime was defeating Aryn, Jedi as fast as Obi-Wan and far more powerful. Prime Malgus was capable of combating Hero of Tython with the aid of Barsen'thor and two greatest non-Sensitive warriors of the Republic.

Hero of Tython alone is combatant superior to Obi-Wan by a whole tier - blitzing Sith warriors superior to Bela Kiwiks, his saber ability trumping Lord Praven way before his prime, with Lord Praven defeating one of the best duelists of the Order at this time. So basically Praven and Obi-Wan are comparable, and you have Hero of Tython superior to Obi-Wan tier even before Chapter 2 of TOR.

Malgus gave a hell of the fight to HoT's superior version supported by equally great Jedi in the person of Barsen'thor, and two of the greatest warriors galaxy ever saw (Smuggler & Trooper). Obi-Wan doesn't stand a chance as a duelist, he will be absolutely crushed by Malgus in a duel.

And let's not even mention Force powers. Malgus was capable of effortlessly choking three members of the strike team at the same time, continuing the lightsaber fight in the meantime. One of them was HoT, who could defend against Vitiate's Force power long enough to prevail with lightsaber. And Malgus was still capable of choking him effortlessly in the meantime of a duel.

Malgus utterly stomps. Darth Caedus vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi would be a closer fight.

hutchy1345
Ur saying malgus>caedus?

JKBart
Yeah Caedus is Thanaton tier smile

ILS
yeah, keep lowballing thanatin

Nephthys
I'm not sure any mortal could stand up to Thanaton's full powers. Could you really say the same of Caedus?

ILS
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not sure any mortal could stand up to Thanaton's full powers. Could you really say the same of Caedus? Thanaton is not to be underestimated. He cannot be defeated by conventional means.

Emperordmb
thumb up Thanaton have insurmountable power, suggesting Caedus can beat him is fanon nonsense.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Sinious
How far below Dooku do you think Malgus is?

How far below Dooku do you think Kenobi is?

Nephthys
In the Force? Pretty ****in' far.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Nephthys
In the Force? Pretty ****in' far.

Well to be fair by the time of RotS Kenobi was capable of breaking out of one of Dooku's force grips given a few seconds.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Syndicate
Well to be fair by the time of RotS Kenobi was capable of breaking out of one of Dooku's force grips given a few seconds.

Well... that fight on the invisible hand didn't go to well for him

|King Joker|
Well to be fair by the time of RotS Kenobi was capable of breaking out of one of Dooku's force grips given a few seconds. When did Kenobi do that?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by |King Joker|
When did Kenobi do that?

Syndicate
Hmmm. I checked the novelization and the RT but haven't found it yet. Maybe it was in the comics.

EmperorSidious2
Malgus.

obi wan would either stalemate magus or beat him in sabers.

force- Malgus

all out. Due to Malgus' overwhelming force advantage and ability to hold off Obi wan in sabers, he wins IMO.

Sinious
How far below Dooku do you think Kenobi is? Originally posted by Nephthys
In the Force? Pretty ****in' far. thumb up

Dooku ragdolled Kenobi without any trouble. I doubt Obi-Wan can do any better against Malgus.

NewGuy01
Hmmm. I checked the novelization and the RT but haven't found it yet. Maybe it was in the comics.

Maybe it never happened.

|King Joker|
Maybe it never happened. lol thumb up

Nephthys
Well Obi-Wan did solo Dooku that one time.

JKBart
Maybe it never happened.

Golocaust was featured in books but it didn't happen either so there's some truth in this yes

Syndicate
Maybe it never happened.

You could be right. I thought I remembered a source for something like that but maybe not.

cs_zoltan
It's in the junior novel Syn.

FreshestSlice
thumb up

Dooku ragdolled Kenobi without any trouble. I doubt Obi-Wan can do any better against Malgus.
Malgus isn't as powerful as Dooku, and I'd hardly call exhausting yourself without trouble.

Syndicate
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It's in the junior novel Syn.

Thanks Zolt. Alright guys let me find a copy of the Junior novelization and I'll post it here.

Aurbere
Can't wait for Syndicate to post... nothing.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Aurbere
Can't wait for Syndicate to post... nothing.

Found it. smile

"He reached for the Force to counter Dooku, but the attack had been too sudden." - RotS Junior Novelization.

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Malgus isn't as powerful as Dooku, and I'd hardly call exhausting yourself without trouble. Except he was able to do it instantly while kicking Anakin's ass. I can only imagine him being able to ragdoll Obi-Wan even quicker in 1v1. Even if I were to accept Malgus' inferiority to Dooku in the force, it is still clear that there isnt a significant gap between them. He has good lightning and TK feats against Leneer, not to mention a great speed feat. Malgus in multiple occasions ragdolls Jedi and most of his impressive feats happen before his prime. Its ambiguous who FE Malgus fought, but that doesn't mean that he isn't capable of standing his ground against a strike team of 2 force users from either side. There are cutscenes that show Malgus TKing the strike team, after all.

|King Joker|
Found it. smile

"He reached for the Force to counter Dooku, but the attack had been too sudden." - RotS Junior Novelization. Kenobi didn't break out of shit.

Aurbere
Found it. smile

"He reached for the Force to counter Dooku, but the attack had been too sudden." - RotS Junior Novelization.

Yup. He uh totally broke out of that Force grip.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-03/enhanced/webdr04/24/15/anigif_enhanced-25243-1395690798-1.gif

Syndicate
Uh, what are you two talking about? I never said he broke out of anything. Just that he could have if he hadn't been caught off guard and he'd had a little more time.

Sinious
That's still so pathetic compared to Malgus lol

Aurbere
Uh, what are you two talking about? I never said he broke out of anything. Just that he could have if he hadn't been caught off guard and he'd had a little more time.

Should'a could'a would'a, Syndicate.

Syndicate

Aurbere
...?

|King Joker|
Uh, what are you two talking about? I never said he broke out of anything. Just that he could have if he hadn't been caught off guard and he'd had a little more time. Kenobi preparing to counter Dooku with the Force before he was in Dooku's grip doesn't mean he can actually break out of said grip once in it, which is what you claimed he could do when you said: "RotS Kenobi was capable of breaking out of one of Dooku's force grips given a few seconds." Hell, Kenobi calling on the Force in an attempt to counter Dooku doesn't necessarily mean that counter would have been successful, even if Kenobi was fast enough to respond.

cs_zoltan
Aurb you should 10/10 go back to retirment.

The context is obviously implies that Kenobi could've broken out, or why even write that shit in the first place?

Aurbere

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2zfinDPfS1rqffkwo1_500.jpg

Proof or you're a liar.

NewGuy01
Found it. smile

Ngl I wasn't aware of this, fair find. It's more or less just support for an idea that was already fairly obvious, though.

cs_zoltan
Kenobi lowballing is real.

Look at their mother****ing individual feats and then read the quote again, and then tell me that Kenobi couldn't break out...

NewGuy01
I'm not sure it's as much about breaking out as it is about stopping it from happening in the first place.

Syndicate
Kenobi lowballing is real.

Look at their mother****ing individual feats and then read the quote again, and then tell me that Kenobi couldn't break out...

Hey buddy. I believe he could have done it. Like you I don't think they would have stated that if he couldn't have.

|King Joker|
I'm not sure it's as much about breaking out as it is about stopping it from happening in the first place. thumb up

Fated Xtasy

The context is obviously implies that Kenobi could've broken out, or why even write that shit in the first place?

Attempting to counter is very different from actually doing it, t'is fairly obvious that even if he had succeeded in countering, it would have done little more than cushion the damage, at the very best.

FreshestSlice
Except he was able to do it instantly while kicking Anakin's ass.
Turns out if you exert all the energy you can at once, some amazing things can happen.

That's nice. It still doesn't make him as powerful as Dooku. And his Lightning is nowhere near as impressive as you're trying to make it seem when it can be stopped by simple insulation.

There's also dialogue where Malgus gets solo'd, and this was well before said flashpoint was changed to the solo option being the "story mode." Sure, Malgus is impressive but saying, "Dooku did it so Malgus can too," is retarded.

JKBart
Lmao that's even a debate? Let me repeat

lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.