You ever see anyone die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
When I was 15 yrs old, I saw a man running to catch the Metro, which would be much like a NYC Subway train, except for the fact that all Metro's are underground, and in Montreal, QC, Canada. Anyway, I remember standing upstairs waiting for a friend when I saw this man in a suit running to catch the Metro at top speed. I could tell that he had leather, and wooden soles on his shoes by the sound of the patter. He was unable to stop and slid off of the platform as the train was entering the station, and it caught him in midair. At that moment all time stood still for me. It was as if an eternity had passed in an instant as I saw the man in midair just before he was struck dead. I've always wondered why it seemed to take so long for the train to hit him according to my perceptions? Was it me going into shock? Does time stand still the moment before a person dies? I was just wondering if anyone had more insight on why that happened to me?

Henry_Pym
Can't explain how you felt, but I've had a few moments around death I'd rather not revisit.

Mindset
Yes.

In your case it was adrenaline heightening your perceptions.

ArtificialGlory
Yeah, I've seen people die, but those were deaths by 'natural causes'. Time seemingly stood still for you because of the adrenaline rush you got.

Mindship
I've come close: got to my father-in-law's apt about an hour after he died, just layed down in his bed and died (the aide called us to tell us he passed away "just now"wink. Saw the body, touched it to say goodbye. He was 93 and had been withering away for months.

As for the perceptual time-slow: you were in the moment, the here/now, not in distractive inner-dialogue commentary (as we typically are). It's like athletes "in the flow" in the heat of competition.

Tattoos N Scars
My mom. I was holding her hand in the hospital when they unhooked her life support. Hardest day of my life.

Raisen
stoic. the adrenaline excuse is bs.
you legitimately have super powers. you can slow time if you focus or something traumatic happens.
i recommend that you go out to the worst neighborhood near you. RIGHT NOW. and combat crime.
don't worry about the weapons. you have super powers.

jaden101
Saw a young lad jump from the 15th floor of a tower block and hit a metal fence at the bottom and get chopped in half.

Mindship
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
My mom. I was holding her hand in the hospital when they unhooked her life support. Hardest day of my life. That's intense, man. God bless you for your courage and being there for her.

Originally posted by jaden101
Saw a young lad jump from the 15th floor of a tower block and hit a metal fence at the bottom and get chopped in half. Also intense, but in a whole other !!!!! way.

Surtur
I guess the answer is "sort of". I saw someone get shot, but they didn't actually die from the wound right before my eyes, but in the hospital later on. It was not someone I knew. It was Halloween and I was 14.

I remember how one of the people involved in the incident had on one of those scream masks..because the movie "Scream" was popular at the time. Then after that I'd always get creeped out seeing that mask.

Adam-David
Yep. It's part of my day to day job, never nice. Also seen the aftermath of a suicide. Just awful sad

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Raisen
stoic. the adrenaline excuse is bs.
you legitimately have super powers. you can slow time if you focus or something traumatic happens.
i recommend that you go out to the worst neighborhood near you. RIGHT NOW. and combat crime.
don't worry about the weapons. you have super powers.

laughing out loud

Raisen, I see masterbruce aka Starscream taught you well in the superheroing arts thumb up

--
As for the thread, yes, I have. Haven't experienced any weird time slow thing, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.