Red Dead Redemption 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

The rumor mill is in full swing boys. Apparently, RDR2 is going to be revealed at E3 this year. I'm definitely in. I enjoyed Red Dead way more than all the GTA titles combined, and it's definitely in my top ten games of all time.

NemeBro
BILL, I IMPLORE YOU, THINK ABOUT THIS!

Arachnid1
You implore me??? You always were one for fancy words. Implores? I-I implores you to go back and tell them to send someone just a little bit more impressive next time.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Arachnid1
http://fraghero.com/rumor-red-dead-redemption-2-details-leaked-e3-reveal-planned/

The rumor mill is in full swing boys. Apparently, RDR2 is going to be revealed at E3 this year. I'm definitely in. I enjoyed Red Dead way more than all the GTA titles combined, and it's definitely in my top ten games of all time. You're my boy. thumb up

jaden101
Here's hoping it's John and not fagit Jack.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
You're my boy. thumb up http://replygif.net/i/1171.gif

Originally posted by jaden101
Here's hoping it's John and not fagit Jack. I miss John too, but he's dead

I'd rather have a new character than be Jack again though

Tzeentch
The next protag should be trans imo.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Tzeentch
The next protag should be trans imo. And Asian. They don't have enough representation in Western movies.

NemeBro
Originally posted by jaden101
Here's hoping it's John and not fagit Jack. While John is way cooler than his son, he's dead and gone.

I suspect the story will be about Jack's life as an outlaw before he finally pulls himself out of that life and becomes a writer, which is hinted to happen in GTA when you find the book "Red Dead" by a "J. Marston".

Either way though, Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Rockstar game and one of my favorite games of all time, so I am cautiously optimistic.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
While John is way cooler than his son, he's dead and gone.

I suspect the story will be about Jack's life as an outlaw before he finally pulls himself out of that life and becomes a writer, which is hinted to happen in GTA when you find the book "Red Dead" by a "J. Marston".

Either way though, Red Dead Redemption is my favorite Rockstar game and one of my favorite games of all time, so I am cautiously optimistic. Good taste in games. This, Udertaile, Dark souls, Old School Thief. You've discovered a ton of badass games before I've played them (I played RDR at launch, but all the others). What are your top games neme

|King Joker|
Yeah, RDR is probably my favorite game I've ever played, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. I didn't care for Jack at all, but the article said there may be more than one playable character, so I guess all the Jack-haters won't have to suffer that much, lol. (Assuming Jack is one of the playable characters).

Adam Grimes
There's also the possibility of the game being a prequel, with John running around with Dutch's gang, expanding on their past in a far wilder world. I doubt it, though.

Smasandian
It's probably going to be a new protagonist. Every Rockstar game does that.

Tzeentch
That's my general assumption. I mean RDR is in itself a sequel and it's an entirely new character. I can't imagine why they'd break that pattern now.

Adam Grimes
Well, all the rumours point at the name being Red Dead Redemption 2: Legends of the West.

Considering the first part is called Red Dead Revolver, why would they keep the 'Redemption' title if it's not going to be a sequel/prequel?

Ps: I know the name can be a herring or whatever, just playing DA

Smasandian
Originally posted by Tzeentch
That's my general assumption. I mean RDR is in itself a sequel and it's an entirely new character. I can't imagine why they'd break that pattern now.

I agree. In fact, it would be entirely disappointing if they did a follow up with RDR storyline. Rockstar games are not about an immersive world and story but an homage to a certain type of popular culture.

GTA3 - any Italian mobster film/book
Vice City - obviously Miami Vice and etc.
San Andreas - South Central/NWA
GTA4 - a more modern mobster film/book plus heaps of 9/11
GTA5 - current culture, modern society.
LA Noire - LA Confidential, Chinatown, old cop movies
RDR - The Searchers, a bit of spaghetti westerns, John Ford movies

I also read that Red Dead Revolver has more homages to Spaghetti westerns than Redemption but I never played it.

There is probably people who are much smarter who can probably do a better job than myself but the point is there. It doesn't seem Rockstar cares about making a continuous storyline(even though GTA does have some character appearances).

Jmanghan
Red Dead Revival.

Smasandian
Actually, I heard there is a rumour that it's going to be called Red Dead Revue.

Instead of open world, it's a dance/mini-game collection. It has a Rock Band type music game where you can play in a band with a banjo, grand piano and drums. It also has DDR-ish dance game and an FMV sketch based mini-game.

It will probably look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfzctaJZ_M

|King Joker|
don't scare me like that

Jesus McBurger
This needs to happen

NemeBro
Good taste in games. This, Udertaile, Dark souls, Old School Thief. You've discovered a ton of badass games before I've played them (I played RDR at launch, but all the others). What are your top games neme Souls Series
The Elder Scrolls
Undertale
LISA
Mass Effect 2 (I'm still too scared to play 3)
Fallout: New Vegas
Red Dead Redemption
Mount and Blade: Warband
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Spec Ops: The Line
Star Fox 64
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Fable: The Lost Chapters

A few games that come to mind when I think about my favorites.

Arachnid1
Souls Series
The Elder Scrolls
Undertale
LISA
Red Dead Redemption
Star Fox 64

A few games that come to mind when I think about my favorites. I completely missed Spec Ops last gen, though I heard good things about it.

I missed NV too, I heard it was basically a FO3 expansion

Mass Effect 2 is in my top 10 too. 3 isn't as good IMO, but it still has some golden moments. The extended cut does wonders for the ending, and the DLCs are awesome. You should give it a go when they do the eventually 3pack remaster of the series.

I'll give a couple of those a go

Smasandian
Yeah, Spec Op is pretty good. It's a very interesting idea but it got lost in the shuffle of all the other modern warfare type games. But it was fun.

Jmanghan
Souls Series
The Elder Scrolls
Undertale
LISA
Red Dead Redemption
Star Fox 64

A few games that come to mind when I think about my favorites. Dragon's Dogma tho, bruh.

Demonic Phoenix
https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/allgamesdelta/1/Red-Dead-sequel-map-leak.jpg

Apparently, that's the map for 2. Gonna be a prequel

Adam Grimes
Everyone in this thread owes me a beer if it ends up being a prequel.

Jesus McBurger
If it's a prequel, then I hope to see John when he was running in the gang, it would be cool if they had like heists and stuff

Adam Grimes
The map has been "confirmed" to be legit.

This is the map without the stupid purple lines that look like rivers + RDR map
http://i.imgur.com/M8pJT4V.jpg

Demonic Phoenix
Are Nuevo Paraiso, West Elizabeth & New Austin going to be a part of RDR2?

Adam Grimes
Nope. Just a combination of both maps for comparison's purposes. I thought the same sad

jinXed by JaNx
Fukin prequels I hate fukin prequel bullshit. It'd be better to do both

Tzeentch
The protagonist should be Bonnie MacFarlane desu.

Nemesis X
John having his life story shared throughout the game was more than enough to explain what transpired prior to the events of RDR so please, for the love of everything, no prequel!

Adam Grimes
But a sequel wouldn't make sense historically nor thematically...

Smasandian
Why?

Adam Grimes
Red Dead Redemption was about the death of the old west. And the post-game missions take place in 1914, and the last stagecoach robbery in RL, considered by historians to mark the end of the old west, happened in 1915.

KCJ506
Honestly, I'd be much more excited if Rockstar finally announced Bully 2.

Smasandian
I tried to play Bully 2 and I thought it was overrated. Not sure why the game was well received.

KingD19
Bully was pretty awesome. It was basically GTA in the schoolyard. A sequel, maybe in high school or college would be awesome.

I am so hoping that this rumour is true.

Other games have come and gone, but RDR has really stuck with me.

Can't believe it came out 6 years ago.

|King Joker|
I would be fine if RDR2 took place before RDR, but personally I don't want it to be focused on John. I think his story has been told and I don't want things to get muddled or whatever. I'd rather it be a completely new cast of characters.

Arachnid1
This got teased this morning on their twitter!

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/10/16/rockstar-seemingly-teasing-red-dead-redemption-announcement

jaden101

jaden101
Stand in front of a runaway train

Smasandian
So there going for the Magnificent 7 look.

I think a cool idea would be to play as a sheriff.

Kazenji
They've already tried multiple character's for GTA 5, So yeah possibly more for this game.

Kazenji
Red Dead Redemption 2 is official

trailer coming Thursday.

Smasandian
Yep. Supposedly online is a major part of the game.

And not really a surprise considering how well GTA Online did.

However, if there is any decrease in SP content compared to other Rockstar games then they can go **** themselves because GTA Online is a piece of shit.

dvampire
Which is better? Uncharted or red dead?

Smasandian
Depends what Uncharted you are talking about?

And both are completely different games and genres.

Personally, I loved both Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption during first playthrough. However, I think Red Dead Redemption is probably the better game in the end. It's fantastic.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Smasandian

However, if there is any decrease in SP content compared to other Rockstar games then they can go **** themselves because GTA Online is a piece of shit.

Agreed with GTA online

I played for a while but it was meh, If folks out there like it good for them.

dvampire

Personally, I loved both Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption during first playthrough. However, I think Red Dead Redemption is probably the better game in the end. It's fantastic.

In uncharted, never pick up the shot gun, it only leads to your death because the enemies will sweat you(surround you)! I have the uncharted collection and are currently playing 1. Why is red dead redemption is better? I'm thinking of buying the game next. That really was my first choice when I was in the local store(buying red dead redemption), but I didn't see it so I got uncharted(I read about 3 when they trapped me in the hospital. Thank Jehovah for Obama!).

Arachnid1

Personally, I loved both Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption during first playthrough. However, I think Red Dead Redemption is probably the better game in the end. It's fantastic. As a whole, Red Dead is way better imo. Great single player with an actually well done open world and story, fun game mechanics, and one of the greatest DLC expansions ever made. Uncharted 2 is the best uncharted by far, but I don't think it compares to Red Dead.

Kazenji
Trying to compare apples to oranges.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
Agreed with GTA online

I played for a while but it was meh, If folks out there like it good for them.

Yeah.

I just hated how ****ing obtuse the system was. In order to play with a friend, I had to login into my own session (which took forevvveeeerrrr) and then they had to join my session (again, forreeeevvvveeeer) and then meet up somewhere in the map.

Then to do activities, I had to start one but drop out whenever I wasn't hosting because there is no mechanic to allow a friend to join a mission with you. If you were not hosting, it was impossible for you to join a mission. Th worst part is when you were not quick enough to exit out of the mission (and sometimes you started the activity in a few seconds) you had to exit it when it started up. Which then made you go through the entire ****ing process of starting your own session and then friend joining the session.

Sometimes it took about half an hour to do on activity. Even worst, the co-op missions had to unlock similarly to the single player portion so you couldn't just start up a co-op mission. It was so ****ing brutal.

And if you had join and all is good......after the mission was over, you were most likely going to get kicked out of your session and you would have to do whole thing over again!

The funny thing....The Division is fantastic for co-op play. Both players log into the game and it takes about 20 seconds to join a friend's server instance. You can fast teleport directly to player and the group sticks together for every mission.

Arachnid1
Trying to compare apples to oranges. Third person single player games with a strong focus on story and shooting mechanics can definitely be compared.

Kazenji
Third person single player games with a strong focus on story and shooting mechanics can definitely be compared.

And one's a open world game with lots of activities and missions and the other is game with linear gameplay.

Smasandian
Yeah. I agree. Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption are different enough that somebody could like one over the other based on what genre it is.

For instance, a friend of me hates open world games but enjoys games like Uncharted.

Kazenji
I just think they could've name this game something else rather then re-use the Redemption part of the name.

Arachnid1
Yeah. I agree. Uncharted 2 and Red Dead Redemption are different enough that somebody could like one over the other based on what genre it is.

For instance, a friend of me hates open world games but enjoys games like Uncharted. Agreed on that point, but they are still comparable in many aspects

I just think they could've name this game something else rather then re-use the Redemption part of the name. Yeah, they should have changed it up to keep with tradition. The numbering scheme feels really off

Anyways, we've got a trailer. I like the forest/lake setting mixed with the desert. It looks more varied than the first game.

gmA6MrX81z4

jaden101
PnCX8npep7k

Smasandian
It looks good!

For the little that was shown.

Adam Grimes
I hope the online isn't the main focus and doesn't become a microtransaction shitfest like GTAV erm

Smasandian
Me too. GTA Online is a piece of crap.

But supposedly they made half a billion bucks on that thing....not sure who in the right mind would ever spend a single ****ing cent....but whatever.

jinXed by JaNx
I so hope you can bury people in this one. In the first game if you hogtied a woman and equipped your knife you would slit her throat. It doesn't work on men. I had hours of fun hogtying and slitting the throats of women. The only thing missing was being able to bury their bodies. Someone needs to design a game that allows to dig holes and bury people...,come on, Rockstar.

|King Joker|
Do you guys think RDR 2 will be focused on John Marston again?

Impediment
I honestly hope it's a prequel with more focus on the old west.

Smasandian
I don't see Marston being the main character. Don't all Rockstar game use new characters as main?

All GTA games have unique main characters so I cannot see them using Marston again.

But I do see him being referenced or play a larger role than that if a prequel.

Kazenji
Off Rockstar's Facebook page

Arachnid1
F63h3v9QV7w

That looks so damn good. I like the new protagonist too. He's not a goody two-shoes like Marston so it looks like we'll have the opportunity to be bigger degenerates this time around.

Smasandian
Depends....I have no problem in playing a character who is "bad" but I don't know if I'm going to enjoy playing as a a character that big of a dick.

I need some redeeming qualities.

Arachnid1
I don't mind playing a bad character on one of two conditions.

1. He has an awesome redemption story arc
2. He gets his comeuppance at the end and gets it big

This game is already confirmed to be a prequel since Dutch and his gang are back, and Morgan seems to be a close friend to Dutch. That means Marston is somewhere out in the world too, maybe even at the point in his life where he's part of the gang. This main character is probably pretty big and he didn't cross paths with Marston in the second game, which means he probably dies at some point during this. He'll get his eventually. Hopefully Marston offs him.

You know, it'd actually be really cool to see a flawed younger Marston. I bet he was quite the degenerate outlaw himself in those days.

Smasandian
I don't know. I think most people want to play as a character that has good in them.

The closest I believe to a character who is a terrible person is Trevor from GTA5. However, you also played as Mike and Franklin who were good guys (even though highly flawed).

Still, Trevor was very consistent with his traits and loyalty was one of them.

Granted, it's just a short trailer and who knows what's going to happen but Morgan looks like a ****ing ******* and I don't think I want to play as a piece of shit. And I don't think a lot of players do as well.

ares834
No PC release date?

Damn.

-Pr-
I hope this one is on PC. I never got to play the first one, and I don't plan to buy a ps4 or XBone any time soon.

Smasandian
I'm not sure if there is going to be a PC release.

There wasn't one for the first.....

BackFire
This looks awesome.

Kazenji
This is why i like to have both PC & one of the consoles, For when some of the games that don't get released on PC.

cdtm
Never got past the first mission of the original

Same reason I never get anywhere in GTA's, spent over 40 hours killing people and getting busted by law enforcement.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.