Malgus vs Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tondemonai
Both in their prime

Sabers, Force, All-Out

Battleground: Oddessen forest

I hold Malgus above Dooku, but I've seen so many people mentioning Dooku in Malgus related threads and Malgus in Dooku related threads I thought this needed its own thread.

Nephthys
Malgus is overall superior. Dooku might have a slight edge in sabers but Malgus is more powerful.

Personally speaking I don't think Dooku is more powerful than any of the Force Using TOR protags and if Malgus could choke them out mid-duel I'm not sure what kind of a fight Dooku can put up.

Syndicate
Malgus is physically superior, Malgus has the form advantage, they should be around par when it comes to power in the force and Dooku is more skilled. I'd say Malgus barely takes it.

EmperorSidious2
They are definitely in the same tier of both power and skill.

Physically Malgus holds the edge. However i would give the slight nod to Dooku in terms of sabers, due to his showings against Anakin and Obi wan and Yoda, and the accolades he received from the jedi order and Sidious and feats during his time as a jedi.

in the force it gets trickier. Honestly i can see this going either way. So for the sake of argument i would call this to be even.

all out- I would go Dooku. He has roughly 20 years more experience which really doesn't matter since Malgus has been out in the field for 40+ years. However I don't see Malgus doing a swell against Obi wan and Anakin as Dooku did or performing as well against Yoda as Dooku did, and in the force its arguably a tie, so Dooku's eve so slight saber advantage brings him to a slight victory.

Emperordmb
I'd side Malgus for his physical and Force edge in a great fight.

NewGuy01
Dooku for a modest majority.

I still don't understand how in HoT threads Neph preaches that he's got a leg up on the rest of his era, but then finds it reasonable in Malgus threads to turn around and say Malgus could reliably ragdoll any 3 of the protags at once.

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd side Malgus for his physical and Force edge in a great fight.

carthage
It comes down to blades, as neither really have an advantage in the force and Dooku is the superior duelist. It's a great fight though

ILS
Dooku, oops

FreshestSlice
Dooku.

JKBart
Sabers only it's probably even. Malgus is up there with Dooku, given his ability to contend with HoT, Barsen'thor and 2 great republic warriors at once (or Nox, Wrath, BH that defeated Obi-Wan level guy and Agent that survived Darth jadus - even better).

Force only Dooku doesn't stand a chance. I'm not going to go through Malgus's feat of choking 3 of the protags at once again - simply put, Malgus can choke out Hero of Tython who can defend against Vitiate's power long enough to batter through with the saber... and two other guys, both of them completely effortlessly, as seen by the fact he could still fight the 4th combatant in that time. Dooku gets Force Crushed on the spot.

All out Dooku's skill doesn't make a difference, Malgus can one shot him as soon as Dooku draws his saber.

FreshestSlice
The fact that you use a random int generator in a flashpoint that does even require 2 let alone four people, of more than one of the same class I might add, as evidence is pretty kekworthy. Guess when two people can go he can only choke one, and when one goes, nobody. And choking out someone and still losing is pretty sad, imo, but maybe that's just me.

JKBart
THere's some truth about it, but even choking out Hero of Tython alone is at least Kun-tier, since Vitiate on a dark side nexus couldn't prevail against HoT with his Force power, after HoT fought dozens of Sith Lords and dozens of troopers. smile

FreshestSlice
Malgus didn't prevail either, so it's not "Kun-tier" in the slightest. You're acting like Malgus actually won, when he lost. Badly. And the Vitiate fought in the Dark Temple isn't even Kun tier, lulz.

carthage
He's trolling you, Einstein

JKBart
Dark Temple Vitiate was creating physical illusions that actually were like independent beings and they were actively fighting HoT. That feat is already above RotS Sidious, Kun, etc. And HoT fought through dozens of fully trained Sith Warriors stationed as Vitiate's temple guards, so they were obviously part of the elite forces. HoT fought above a hundred of them, all the time on the dark side nexus.

FreshestSlice
Yep, you're right. T7 is FotJ Luke status.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by carthage
He's trolling you, Einstein
You're acting like I don't follow Bart around the forum responding to everything he says, or anyone for that matter, with confrontation. People actually make these arguments, so it's good for the soul to shit on them.

JKBart
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yep, you're right. T7 is FotJ Luke status.

I know it's meant to be irony but to be honest T7 is like Boba Fett tier given his raid with HoT on the Dark Temple kek. Maybe even IG-88 tier but that's kinda stretching it.

FreshestSlice
Is there any actual proof that the Imperial Guard is anything but a bunch of fodder in expensive armor? Hell, couldn't the HoT have just killed everything before T7 was even involved? Not to mention they had time to expend more energy, fight and army, and Vitiate still lost.

Also, didn't Boba Fett lose to a child anyway? Is that really someone you want to be compared to?

Tondemonai
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
The fact that you use a random int generator in a flashpoint that does even require 2 let alone four people, of more than one of the same class I might add, as evidence is pretty kekworthy. Guess when two people can go he can only choke one, and when one goes, nobody. And choking out someone and still losing is pretty sad, imo, but maybe that's just me.

In 'canonical' interpretation (I'm fully aware that it's not cannon), you assume it's the four Protags (one of each class with the powers/equipment/etc. of both advance classes) of whichever faction 'canonically' enacted the mission/fight.

FreshestSlice
That isn't canonically correct in anyway. it's an assumption made by people who red the encyclopedia, which besides being outdated wrong in certain areas, never actually states anything remotely like that. It basically says, "There strongest heroes went," even when they were far from the strongest in either faction.

McP
Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.