MCU Loki vs Movie Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nusa105
Morals on
No BFR
Fight til Death or KO

Who wins?

carthage
Magneto collapses the building on him

ShadowFyre
Well, could go either way depending on one thing. Do they have prior knowledge of each other and powers? If not, Mags may try something that would kill a regular human only to find out that Loki is much faster and stronger/durable than a regular human. Loki is still bulletproof, stronger than an average Asgardian and judging by no injuries after what Hulk put him through, not going to be put down by anything but a house sized object or bigger being dropped on him. Which takes a lot of time, and Eric does not have shields like comic books. A lot of people are going to give Eric the auto win and they really shouldn't.

Practical power gives MCU Magneto the 6/10 over Loki though. Especially if he knows how tough he is then he can put more power into it. Mags is a beast but he is a glass canon. He can easily deal with most anybody in MCU powerwise, but one magical dagger, or illussion, or teleport up close and Loki can literally snap him like a twig.

Good match.

FrothByte
Magneto definitely has much more raw power but is also a lot less durable. Also have to consider that Loki has access to illusions and ranged attacks. I don't know, it could go either way. I guess it depends on how far apart they start and how much knowledge of each other they have.

If they have no prior knowledge or start pretty close to each other then I have to give the win to Loki. He's just much quicker on the draw than Magneto is. If they have knowledge of each other and start far enough apart to give Magneto time to launch a powerful enough attack then Magneto probably wins.

And before anyone says "But Magneto can simply crush Loki's armor", remember that Loki can call upon his armor at will (see Avengers) and seems to be able to magically appear and disappear at will.

Time-Immemorial
Loki

quanchi112
Loki wins.

The Sorrow
Loki pulls a Coulson on Maggy.

Loki wins.

Surtur
Do any of these people even really have morals? Loki murdered a bunch of people, Magneto did too, and he was willing to murder a teenage girl just because he was pouting that people had a problem with mutants. Oh and he was willing to murder some 13 yr. old kid too. I'm confused as to why you said "morals on".

FrothByte
To be fair, we don't know if Magneto really was willing to kill that kid or if it was just a threat. But yeah, morals on doesn't really do much. Loki isn't a mutant and Magneto isn't Loki's family, so I don't see how they'd hesitate to kill each other.

juggerman
Seeing the title I instantly thought Magneto wins but after some thought Loki would probably.

Mags needs shields

Arachnid1
Mags. Everyone who calls him a glass canon is right, but he's just too much of a powerhouse, they are both surrounded by metal, and Mags can just fly out a window and bring the entire building down on Loki's head. There's also the fact that loki uses metal knifes and whatnot as offensive output. I've never seen Loki punch someone before, and thats basically what he'd have to resort to here. Even if he's not wearing his armor, Magneto should be able to feel all the metal on him, so an illusion would be worthless. There was also mags being quick enough to reflect individual bullets in First Class, so throwing knifes wont do anything here.

I'll give Loki a few wins on the off chance that he manages some sort of trickery, but Mags takes the majority by just collapsing the entire building. Mags 8/10

EDIT:
Though I did just realize an argument I made awhile back in the Magneto vs Thor thread. The armor and weapons Loki and Thor use aren't any kind of earthly metal. For that reason, there it's hard to assume that Mags can control their metal. Especially when there are so many non magnetic earthly metals.

This may net Loki more wins. I'd still give Mags the majority, since as stated, he can just bring down the entire building, and Loki cant fly.

Utrigita
Magneto for the overall win, I find it hard, based on the way Magneto act in the movies in regards to metal, that Loki can sneak up on him or get close to him in a meaningful way, not that it couldn't happen I just find it unlikely.

quanchi112
Nah, Loki wins.

juggerman
Originally posted by Arachnid1
EDIT:
Though I did just realize an argument I made awhile back in the Magneto vs Thor thread. The armor and weapons Loki and Thor use aren't any kind of earthly metal. For that reason, there it's hard to assume that Mags can control their metal. Especially when there are so many non magnetic earthly metals.

This may net Loki more wins. I'd still give Mags the majority, since as stated, he can just bring down the entire building, and Loki cant fly.

I don't think movie Mags is limited to magnetic metal. All the info given on him was "controls metal". Had non metallic metal been an option, they could have build a prison from it for him or used it to make the guns instead of plastic in X-3

FrothByte
Originally posted by juggerman
I don't think movie Mags is limited to magnetic metal. All the info given on him was "controls metal". Had non metallic metal been an option, they could have build a prison from it for him or used it to make the guns instead of plastic in X-3

Still, he's so far only controlled Earthly metals. Asgard is a completely different world. Who knows if their "metal" even shares the basic elements as ours. Plus Loki's daggers seem to sheen with magic.

TheVaultDweller
Wait, didn't X-verse Adamantium come from space? I swear I remember it being part of the plot of that awful Origins movie. Anyway, unless Magneto goes balls to the wall from the get go, and literally collapses the building around them on Loki the moment the match starts, he likely gets a dagger in the back or something.

Arachnid1
Adamantium from space? Jesus that sounds horrible. That combined with the idea that Mags has the ability to control metal instead of just those susceptible to magnetism would go a great deal towards the idea that Mags would be able to control Loki's metal... if Origins wasn't retconned.

Then again, it was the events of origins that was retconned. The physics should still be in place. Mags may be able to control the metal, in which case he stomps

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, IIRC, part of the plot of them visiting that one shithole country was because Stryker was looking for adamantium meteorites or some such nonsense. I don't remember it too well though, because that movie was really bad.

juggerman
Originally posted by FrothByte
Still, he's so far only controlled Earthly metals. Asgard is a completely different world. Who knows if their "metal" even shares the basic elements as ours. Plus Loki's daggers seem to sheen with magic.

As others have stated, Adamantium was a stupid space metal. That's goes a long way in Mag's favor of controlling "other metals". I'm not 100% sure he could control Asgadian metal but more is in favor of it than against imo

FrothByte
As others have stated, Adamantium was a stupid space metal. That's goes a long way in Mag's favor of controlling "other metals". I'm not 100% sure he could control Asgadian metal but more is in favor of it than against imo

Don't know. Seems dangerously close to a no limits fallacy. Heck, we don't even know if Asgardian weapons and armor ARE made of metal.

Has there ever been any hint that they were?

juggerman
Don't know. Seems dangerously close to a no limits fallacy. Heck, we don't even know if Asgardian weapons and armor ARE made of metal.

Has there ever been any hint that they were?

I don't think it would be a no limits fallacy since he can't control any amount of metal. He clearly has limits as to how much he can control/lift at once. Would you have the same stance for Pyro controlling different kinds of fire?

As far as the weapons go; I don't think they have been called metal directly but they certainly look like they are. More points to them being some kind of metal than not

carthage
Isn't he seen controlling every known metal in the comics and even stated too as much?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, IIRC, part of the plot of them visiting that one shithole country was because Stryker was looking for adamantium meteorites or some such nonsense. I don't remember it too well though, because that movie was really bad.

Yes it came from the sky.

juggerman
Originally posted by carthage
Isn't he seen controlling every known metal in the comics and even stated too as much?

In the comics I think he is limited to magnetic metals. I remember Ironman specifically using non magnetic armor to fight Magneto.

But comic Mags' powerset is magnetism based. He can create/manipulate magnetic waves. Movie Mags' powerset is only "controls metal". Magnetism isn't mentioned or shown to be a factor in the films.

FrothByte
I don't think it would be a no limits fallacy since he can't control any amount of metal. He clearly has limits as to how much he can control/lift at once. Would you have the same stance for Pyro controlling different kinds of fire?

As far as the weapons go; I don't think they have been called metal directly but they certainly look like they are. More points to them being some kind of metal than not

Well, their armor seems to come and go at will. So I wouldn't count on Magneto being able to control Loki's armor.

juggerman
Well, their armor seems to come and go at will. So I wouldn't count on Magneto being able to control Loki's armor.

Ironman's armor technically can come and go at will too. Doesn't make it a different material. (Yes I know these a difference of how it comes and goes but the point remains)

Their armor could have easily been made out of some kind of metal and then enchanted to appear when needed. That wouldn't change the material it was made from tho.

FrothByte
Ironman's armor technically can come and go at will too. Doesn't make it a different material. (Yes I know these a difference of how it comes and goes but the point remains)

Their armor could have easily been made out of some kind of metal and then enchanted to appear when needed. That wouldn't change the material it was made from tho.

My point is that even if it was metal and even if Magneto can control it, Loki can just magic it away. Whether that applies to his daggers as well I don't know.

juggerman
My point is that even if it was metal and even if Magneto can control it, Loki can just magic it away. Whether that applies to his daggers as well I don't know.

Oh I misunderstood what you meant there. Yeah I think Loki could disappear it when needed.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes it came from the sky.

I was fairly sure it was that, but it's been a few years since I watched that entire movie from start to finish. Way too many parts that just weren't very good for me to sit through it again.

On a random note, I keep hearing rumours that the next Wolverine movie is going to be Old Man Logan, so hoping that if it is true, they don't screw it up. They'd have to swap other people in for characters like Hawkeye.

juggerman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
They'd have to swap other people in for characters like Hawkeye.

And Hulk. And Red Skull. And I'm sure I'm forgetting others

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, there are a handful of characters they would need but don't have the rights to, so would have to replace. I was just too lazy to be arsed to list them all, so just threw Hawkeye out as an example. laughing

TheGrat1
Loki would probably start monologuing and Magneto, not knowing who this fool is, will try something simple to kill him. It won't work and then he'll redouble his efforts by collapsing the skyscraper on him. Magneto 9 out of 10.

Estacado
Magneto rapes.

carthage
Magneto SlAUGHTERHOUSE

Darth Thor
Well yeah it's very different post Apocalypse.

Zack M
MAGNETO.

FrothByte
Magneto attacks Loki, discovers it's a clone then gets stabbed in the back

Darth Thor
Magneto attacks Loki, discovers it's a clone then gets stabbed in the back

Wait until you see Apocalypse.

Adam Grimes
Magneto attacks Loki, discovers it's a clone then gets stabbed in the back Erik would sense that knife and send it right through Loki's ass. thumb up

Estacado
Erik uses his new powers to defend himself.
Then dumps a city on Loki.

quanchi112
Isn't he seen controlling every known metal in the comics and even stated too as much? Films are different, sport.

quanchi112
Loki wins.

Estacado
Originally posted by quanchi112
Films are different, sport.
In the movie he pretty much does the same...ermm

BTW movie isnt even out in the states yet you keep spamming Loki wins.

Great job jackass.thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
In the movie he pretty much does the same...ermm

BTW movie isnt even out in the states yet you keep spamming Loki wins.

Great job jackass.thumb up Yes, as with what I've seen Loki wins. So should we stop all versus threads because the movie hasn't appeared stateside, jackass. You've always been an idiot.

Estacado
You moron Ive said it because there is no way you could have seen the movie....haermm

Anyways since you know everything...how is Loki getting past Erik's shields?

quanchi112
You moron Ive said it because there is no way you could have seen the movie....haermm

Anyways since you know everything...how is Loki getting past Erik's shields? Mystique didn't seem to have a problem. He hit the dirt. Magneto didn't look that impressive against Wolverine either. This is Loki the guy who can fake his own death and get Erik to drop his guard. Loki is the trickster, kiddo.

Estacado
Lulz jackass watch the movie.

Magneto now has magnetic fields that cant be passed by unlike in the previous movies.

Nice try though.

Shows you havent seen Apocalypse and dont even know what you are talking about...

quanchi112

Magneto now has magnetic fields that cant be penetrated.

Nice try though.

Shows you havent seen Apocalypse and dont even know what you are talking about... This is all of his showings not just the latest film. I told you I didn't see the latest film. That's also a no limits fallacy you complete moron. You're upset Loki wins. Who will you fanboy next ?

I'm sure you will try to attach yourself to my Thanos in a few years you pathetic loser.

Estacado
Loki wins.
I told you I didn't see the latest film.

thumb up
Nice job making yourself look like a complete idiot.

Adam Grimes
So DD is meltdowning already. Lol.

quanchi112
thumb up
Nice job making yourself look like a complete idiot. Loki wins based off the other films magneto has appeared in. It's like a superman nutcase saying you haven't read the latest issue disregard all the rest and let's just focus on one showing. Loki wins. Cry more, fanboy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
So DD is meltdowning already. Lol. Yes, Estacado is melting down alright.

Estacado
So now that Erik's powers have been upgraded to whole new levels.

Lets use a weaker version of him because quan doesnt like Loki's odds now.

Great logic.

Darth Thor
Well you've called him out on his BS. As countless others have before him.

Arachnid1

Magneto now has magnetic fields that cant be passed by unlike in the previous movies.

Nice try though.

Shows you havent seen Apocalypse and dont even know what you are talking about... They added his shields? F*ck yes!

playa1258
Typical Quan in this thread. He probably has WS being able to solo the Xverse.

quanchi112
So now that Erik's powers have been upgraded to whole new levels.

Lets use a weaker version of him because quan doesnt like Loki's odds now.

Great logic. I haven't seen the film yet but you can't ignore all his other showings since apoc upgraded him as a horseman. That's what he does that doesn't make this the standard magneto, sport.

Darth Thor
Estcado you probably really should have added spoiler tags when discussing new abilities in Apocalypse.

Arachnid1
I haven't seen the film yet but you can't ignore all his other showings since apoc upgraded him as a horseman. That's what he does that doesn't make this the standard magneto, sport. If he keeps the power upgrade, it definitely makes him the standard Mags

Darth Thor
Backsdown112 is just butt hurt.

Magneto is one of the top dogs in comic book movies now. As he should be.

playa1258
Anything that surpasses the MCU in power or skills gives Quan the butt hurt.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Anything that surpasses the MCU in power or skills gives Quan the butt hurt. Nothing has so why would I be upset.

playa1258
Reeve Superman is vastly stronger than any Avenger.

Arachnid1
Even MoS Supes is lol

quanchi112
Reeve Superman is vastly stronger than any Avenger. Hulk would crush him.

carthage
Lmfao

Darkstorm Zero
Magneto. While Loki is obviously very powerful and durable, he is not tested in the rigors of combat often, and frequently ends up in the dirt, ala Hulk smashing him aside.

Erik's powerset is VASTLY improved now, and judging from what i saw, it is indeed a permanent boost. He is able to control the magentic waves of the entire planet, he can pull on even unprocessed metal ores from the deep earth, and was yanking up major cities worth of metal globally. All the while maintaining a shield even Quicksilver couldn't get through.

Unfortunately, I have not seen anything from Loki directly that can combat all that, even at his best with the staff.

playa1258
Yet Phoenix and Apocalypse are more powerful right?

quanchi112
Lmfao You know this to be true.

carthage
Certainly you jest you silly man

Darkstorm Zero

Yep.

This may help out those who have not seen the new movie It contains a power list, even for the new characters like Apoc, and updates for all the others.

Darth Thor

Yep. Although Phoenix doesn't have the level of control Eric has.

And Quicksilver's easily the next most powerful.

carthage
Magneto was tearing nickel, cobalt, and other metals out of the ground and, at a Pentagon meeting the literally state He'll destroy the whole world and will affect landmasses when he was floating over Cairo and tearing the metals out of the ocean floor. He also was destroying San Francisco and Sidney by ripping the metals out of the earth. Holy ****, Loki gets godstomped

Darth Thor
^ Yep.

Damn that's making me think the movie wasn't as bad as I initially thought. Because for all it's faults at least it got Magneto's power right! Something all the previous X-Films failed to do.

In fact All the top tier level mutant powers in this were pretty beastly, to the point where I'd place Xavier as like the 5th most powerful mutant in the film.

Estacado
Yup amped Charlie could mindphuck the whole world.

Darth Thor
Well even "Amped" Charlie might not be able to mind phuck Apocalypse, Phoenix (let loose), Eric (because of the helmet), or Quicksilver (assuming QS can see Charlie).

That's why I put Charlie as the 5th most powerful mutant in this film. but obviously placing Eric and Peter above him are circumstantial. As it depends on the helmet and QS knowing where Charles is and that he's about to mind phuck him.

Estacado
My bad I meant to say he could telepathically link himself to everyone on Earth.Since that's why Apoc needed him as a host to be everywhere.

But yeah I agree.

Darth Thor
^ thumb up

playa1258
I think Eric,Xavier and QS should be tied for third.

Estacado
Imo

Apoc
Phoenix
Erik
Charles
QS

Should depend on if Peter could punch Charlie to death before he could do anything.

carthage
Phoenix shouldn't be far behind Apocalypse in raw power, but its hard to say if she could overwhelm him similarly seeing as he was engaging all of the Xmen simultaneously and they couldn't beat him. I'm sure if he wasn't as hampered he could withstand a direct attack, and then be able to respond. So for the moment I'd rank him as greater

Apocalypse
Phoenix
Erik (With helmet to resist tp/his full potential realized)
Charles
Quicksilver
Storm
Everyone else

KingD19
Imo

Apoc
Phoenix
Erik
Charles
QS

Should depend on if Peter could punch Charlie to death before he could do anything.

He could. Time is basically frozen for him.

Estacado
Anyways as long as power output goes.

Id say Charles should be above him.

Since he is able to link to every mind without Cerebro now.

In a fight QS should be able to win though....

playa1258
Erik curbstomps.

carthage
Anyways as long as power output goes.

Id say Charles should be above him.

Since he is able to link to every mind without Cerebro now.

In a fight QS should be able to win though....

It depends on the circumstances, if Magneto has his helmet on Charle's TP is next to useless. But Magneto without if yeah, Erik will be stopped if he attempted to use his full power like he did in their last battle with Apocalypse.

Darth Thor
I think Eric,Xavier and QS should be tied for third.

That's fair. It's all down to circumstances between those 3.

All ridiculously powerful though.

KingD19
When it comes to raw power and speed on the draw, QS is the most powerful.

Magneto can do the most damage physically.

Charles the most mentally.

In a fight, Peter would win more often than not though. Neither Charles nor Erik will have moved before they get a punch to the gut.

Darth Thor
^ Depends on the stips. If they both begin standing next to one another, and someone says 3, 2, 1 Go! Then obviously QS would win, because that's his power. But if Magneto is ready for the fight before it starts, then QS can't win.

Depends entirely on circumstance.

KingD19
We see it takes a bit for Erik to form his shields. Peter would deck him before that.

Darth Thor
Unless his shields are already up at the start of the fight. Like they were in Apocalypse.

Like I said depends on the stips and circumstances. If his shields are already up, QS can't win. If they're standing a few feet from each other with no active use of powers, and someone shouts 3,2,1,GO, then QS wins in 0.00032 seconds.

carver9
Quicksilver? I thought he was battling Loki and unless there are showings of Loki moving at high speed, Magneto kills him, with ease, and yes, he will have enough time to put up shields.

Darth Thor
^ We went of track. Not sure how long Eric takes to put his shields up tbh. Might take a few minutes. But it's not like he's completely defenseless without them either.

quanchi112
Erik curbstomps. Bs, I saw this film and he didn't do anything special.

quanchi112
Certainly you jest you silly man Hush, infidel.

HellRider
Magneto would unleash a barrage of metal at Loki, leaving a crater of destruction. After a while Magneto floats down to observe the aftermath and he disables his magnetic shield since he thinks he won. Loki sneaks behind him and gives him the Coulson treatment.

Nibedicus
Phoenix
Apoc
Xavier/Magneto
QS

I mean, yeah I know Apoc was fighting the other X-Men as well as Charles when he was Phoenix anally raped him. But Phoenix anally raped him. I don't think the other X-Men would have made a difference at that point. IMO, anyway. They were already bloodied and beaten (w/o Apoc really exerting himself) by the time Jean unleashed and literally took him down easily, he never stood a chance

FrothByte
Magneto definitely has more raw power. A lot more. Problem is how fast he can use it. He's pretty darn fast with small metallic objects (necklace for example) but we know that's not going to hurt Loki. To actually do some damage to Loki, Eric will need to do something big. The question therefore is if he'll be able to do that before getting a dagger in his chest.

carthage
How is Loki getting through his shield when Quicksilver couldnt?

FrothByte
How is Loki getting through his shield when Quicksilver couldnt?

1. Quicksilver never really tried to break through. He pushed at it a bit and said he couldn't. Didn't really put effort into it.
2. Loki is quite a lot stronger than Quicksilver
3. We don't know how long it takes Magneto to set-up that shield. We knows he's never been able to quickly just make it, and he might not have time to put it up before he gets a knife in the chest.

Nibedicus
Well, a knife is metal so I'm thinking there's a good possibility that Magneto would be able to detect it and go stabby stab on Loki before he stabby stabs Magneto.

Arachnid1
Magneto was tearing nickel, cobalt, and other metals out of the ground and, at a Pentagon meeting the literally state He'll destroy the whole world and will affect landmasses when he was floating over Cairo and tearing the metals out of the ocean floor. He also was destroying San Francisco and Sidney by ripping the metals out of the earth. Holy ****, Loki gets godstomped This. At this point, screw bringing down the building. Mags just flies up and destroys the whole city with Loki inside. Loki stands absolutely no chance now.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Well, a knife is metal so I'm thinking there's a good possibility that Magneto would be able to detect it and go stabby stab on Loki before he stabby stabs Magneto.

Good point. Still the question remains if he'll be able to have reflexez fast enough to do it and if he can NoT fall for the illusions and if he can shield himself from Loki's blasts. Magneto will need to pay attention to a lot of things if he wants to survive the opening of this match whereas Loki's durability allows Loki to concentrate on offense.

If Magneto can survive the oepning moments and he gets himself in the air then he'll be at an advantage to bombars Loki witb attacks.

Nibedicus
Good point. Still the question remains if he'll be able to have reflexez fast enough to do it and if he can NoT fall for the illusions and if he can shield himself from Loki's blasts. Magneto will need to pay attention to a lot of things if he wants to survive the opening of this match whereas Loki's durability allows Loki to concentrate on offense.

If Magneto can survive the oepning moments and he gets himself in the air then he'll be at an advantage to bombars Loki witb attacks.

Why not just stab Loki with his own knives soon as the fight starts?

Magneto loves to use his opponents' weapons against them after all.

I don't think he even needs to fly. Just as soon as the fight starts: STAB!

KingD19
Magneto in his younger days was fast enough to deflect a bullet. Now with his force fields and massive upgrade, I doubt anything metal can even touch him without his say so. Illusions or not, if Loki tries to stab him, Mags will sense it if he hasn't already taken his weapons.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Nibedicus
Why not just stab Loki with his own knives soon as the fight starts?

Magneto loves to use his opponents' weapons against them after all.

I don't think he even needs to fly. Just as soon as the fight starts: STAB!

And Loki could also use illusions as soon as the fight starts. It's also unclear whether Loki's daggers are magical or not. Sometimes he's able to pull them out of nowhere, sometimes he's disarmed of them.

Darkstorm Zero
Illusions would fool the ordinary senses, but any magnetic pull from Loki's armor or weaponry is a dead givaway to Magneto.

Speaking of... Loki's armor could be used to crumple him into a greasy mess.

KingD19
Yeah. That big honking helmet of his is a target.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Illusions would fool the ordinary senses, but any magnetic pull from Loki's armor or weaponry is a dead givaway to Magneto.

Speaking of... Loki's armor could be used to crumple him into a greasy mess.

Loki has shown the ability to call and dispel his armor at will. Both him and Thor actually. I doubt Magneto can control that. Even if he did Loki can just will his armor away.

Darkstorm Zero
Loki has shown the ability to call and dispel his armor at will. Both him and Thor actually. I doubt Magneto can control that. Even if he did Loki can just will his armor away.

Just out of minor curiosity, do you think the armor would still be able to vanish away if it's already in a magnetic field like that?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Just out of minor curiosity, do you think the armor would still be able to vanish away if it's already in a magnetic field like that?

Yes. Because the fact that it can vanish in thin air means it doesn't exactly follow the same physics as our normal world. So it's highly doubtful Magneto's powers can hold it if it wants to magically vanish.

Besides, we don't even know if their armor is made out of metal.

KingD19
Looks like metal.

It clanks like metal when it's shot or hit.

The Asgardians clearly wear stuff like plate and chainmail. Thor's hammer was "forged", meaning it involved blacksmithing and metal work.

Even Sif's armor is bulletproof, as well as her shield.

Pretty good evidence it's metal. Strong metal, but still metal.

Also if Magneto can drag Mystique against her will with something as small as a bullet/fragment in her leg. After Apocalypse boosted his powers, he should be able to yank Loki around by the iron in his blood.

FrothByte
Originally posted by KingD19
Looks like metal.

It clanks like metal when it's shot or hit.

The Asgardians clearly wear stuff like plate and chainmail. Thor's hammer was "forged", meaning it involved blacksmithing and metal work.

Even Sif's armor is bulletproof, as well as her shield.

Pretty good evidence it's metal. Strong metal, but still metal.

Also if Magneto can drag Mystique against her will with something as small as a bullet/fragment in her leg. After Apocalypse boosted his powers, he should be able to yank Loki around by the iron in his blood.

Iron in his blood? Unless otherwise enhanced like in X2 (or was that x3?) I don't recall Magneto ever manipulating amyone's blood iron. Also, what explanation do you have for Loki and Thor being able to dress in armor at will?

Darth Thor
Asgardians generally have a lot of metal on them. And if Loki has no metal on him (makes it all disappear), then that means no Scepter either.

So I'm not sure what chance Loki stands with his strength and illusions alone.

KingD19
Just because they can summon armor at will, doesn't mean it's some mystical non-metal armor that looks and acts exactly like metal armor. Odin himself said for Asgardians, Magic = Science. So yeah there's far more evidence that it's highly advanced, very durable metal, but still metal. Than it's just some copycat non-metal that does all the same jobs.

And Apocalypse Magneto is advanced beyond X2 Magneto, who still hadn't had his greatest power showings yet. If all it took was a few iron tablets to make those three impressively sized orbs, then at this point he should be able to draw together the iron in your blood considering he could rip the metal out of the deepest parts of the Earth's infrastructure from miles above ground.

Also the reason he never again used the iron in the blood trick was that never again was he imprisoned in a facility with nothing but polymers, ceramics, glass and plastic where his powers were useless.

quanchi112
How is Loki getting through his shield when Quicksilver couldnt? You are an idiot.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Asgardians generally have a lot of metal on them. And if Loki has no metal on him (makes it all disappear), then that means no Scepter either.

So I'm not sure what chance Loki stands with his strength and illusions alone.

His strength is more than enough to snap Magneto's neck.

Look, I'm not saying Loki wins. Just saying that at the beginning of the match before Magneto has a chance to fly up, put up his shields and launch some strong attacks that he'll need to be very careful, as Loki has more than enough power to take him out in one shot.

FrothByte
Just because they can summon armor at will, doesn't mean it's some mystical non-metal armor that looks and acts exactly like metal armor. Odin himself said for Asgardians, Magic = Science. So yeah there's far more evidence that it's highly advanced, very durable metal, but still metal. Than it's just some copycat non-metal that does all the same jobs.

And Apocalypse Magneto is advanced beyond X2 Magneto, who still hadn't had his greatest power showings yet. If all it took was a few iron tablets to make those three impressively sized orbs, then at this point he should be able to draw together the iron in your blood considering he could rip the metal out of the deepest parts of the Earth's infrastructure from miles above ground.

Also the reason he never again used the iron in the blood trick was that never again was he imprisoned in a facility with nothing but polymers, ceramics, glass and plastic where his powers were useless.

IIRC, Magneto needed that guard to drink something specific to amplify the iron in his blood. He has never shown the ability to just do it to anyone.

KingD19
IIRC, Magneto needed that guard to drink something specific to amplify the iron in his blood. He has never shown the ability to just do it to anyone.

Notice I said in my post X2 Magneto did need the iron tablets, but this was before he really started flexing his magnetic muscles. He got a serious upgrade from X1-X3. And he had insane feats in DoFP, and Apocalypse has pushed him to the point that if you think he can't rip iron from your blood when he can rip any metal from multiple miles below the Earth on a planetary scale, I don't know what to tell you.

Darth Thor
His strength is more than enough to snap Magneto's neck.

I don't think anyone would argue that.

Look, I'm not saying Loki wins. Just saying that at the beginning of the match before Magneto has a chance to fly up, put up his shields and launch some strong attacks that he'll need to be very careful, as Loki has more than enough power to take him out in one shot.

If the fight starts off close up, with shields down for Eric and hardly any metal on Loki, then of course Loki would take it.

So yes, I'm not denying Loki can be a serious threat to Eric either, even though my earlier post may have sounded like it.

FrothByte
Notice I said in my post X2 Magneto did need the iron tablets, but this was before he really started flexing his magnetic muscles. He got a serious upgrade from X1-X3. And he had insane feats in DoFP, and Apocalypse has pushed him to the point that if you think he can't rip iron from your blood when he can rip any metal from multiple miles below the Earth on a planetary scale, I don't know what to tell you.

No limits fallacy. Magneto has never shown the ability to just rip up anyone due to their blood iron, not without some kind of supplement. Until such time as he has proven he can do so with feats, then he can't.

KingD19
So it's a no limits fallacy despite his power being raised to God-like levels?

Is it a no-limits fallacy to say MCU Hulk could lift the Eiffel tower if his powers were raised to near infinite levels on screen and we already know what he was capable of before?

FrothByte
So it's a no limits fallacy despite his power being raised to God-like levels?

Is it a no-limits fallacy to say MCU Hulk could lift the Eiffel tower if his powers were raised to near infinite levels on screen and we already know what he was capable of before?

It's a no limits fallacy because it's not a question of how much metal he can move but whether or not there is enough iron in the blood to be magnetized. Apocalypse increasing Magneto's powers does not increase the iron in people's blood.

You can give Hulk unlimited strength, he still won't be able to stop a tidal wave by pushing on it.

quanchi112
No limits fallacy. Magneto has never shown the ability to just rip up anyone due to their blood iron, not without some kind of supplement. Until such time as he has proven he can do so with feats, then he can't.

thumb up

Newjak
Magneto

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
Magneto Loses.

Arachnid1
Magneto thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up thumb down

TH3_V01D
Magneto

quanchi112
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Magneto Based on ?

Arachnid1
Magneto thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up thumb down

Adam Grimes
thumb up thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up thumb down

Arachnid1
thumb up thumb up

carthage
thumb up

quanchi112
thumb up thumb down

quanchi112
thumb up thumb down

thumb down

Arachnid1
Magneto

Magneto

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb down https://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-22-2015/t_l9xu.gif

quanchi112
thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

thumb up

https://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-22-2015/t_l9xu.gif thumb down

thumb down

thumb down

thumb down

thumb down

Time-Immemorial
thumb upthumb down

The Ellimist
What about Magneto's shields?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.