Asmodel Vs Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/4405/229485-97283-asmodel.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel//universe3zx/images/7/73/GhostRiderDan02.jpg

Kazenji
Blaze wins...since that's the picture for Ghost Rider you used.

riv6672
Any reasoning behind that?
I'm not picking a winner, i just like to know why others do.

One Big Mob
Was Ghost Rider actually that big in a comic?

quanchi112
Asmodel wins.

Surtur
In all seriousness yes Asmodel wins. I remember him fighting Electric Superman. Who even though he didn't have his normal powers at the time I still am pretty sure ES was more powerful then Ghost Rider.

abhilegend
Asmodel ****ing stomps.

Sin I AM
If asmodel "kos" blaze will that mean zarathos comes into play?

riv6672
^^^no idea, leaving it up to you guys.
This site has had GR beat pretty much everyone at point or another.

leonidas
asmodel stomps him. pretty sure his heavenly light would literally incinerate gr. he's basically exactly what it was designed to eradicate.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by leonidas
asmodel stomps him. pretty sure his heavenly light would literally incinerate gr. he's basically exactly what it was designed to eradicate.

Not really. True he can be koed but iirc only god could destroy him

leonidas
huh? gr can be ko'd? of course. and god is the one who supplies the power of the light, so..... confused

even if you say it's dc's god, it should still basically destroy him, if not outright dead, close enough to be an easy win here. asmodel could likely just ko him purely physically anyway.

riv6672
I thought GR wasnt strictly a demon. Or did thst change?
I recall once Dr. Strange needed "demon flame" or something for a spell, but GRs didnt work.

leonidas
he's not strictly a demon, but his power stems from hell. he pretty hard to convince me heaven's light wouldn't pretty much end him. as i said, asmodel probably wouldn't need it anyway. he was immensely powerful.

One Big Mob
Wasn't Ghost Rider from Heaven in one of those volumes? I seem to remember him fighting angels and being like God's wrath or some shit.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Wasn't Ghost Rider from Heaven in one of those volumes? I seem to remember him fighting angels and being like God's wrath or some shit.

This. Before the new riders showed up he fought on the side of heaven and was no longer a demon. Might need a gr fanboy to clear shit up

leonidas
hmm, don't recall that, but yeah, that would change the light aspect at least, but i don't think it matters anyway because of the physical difference.

Diesldude
Originally posted by quanchi112
Asmodel wins.
What happened here?

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Diesldude
What happened here?

The Pic of Ghost Rider chosen is from about the most crappy version.

CosmicComet
GR wins, if you don't like it, screw you.

riv6672
Martian Manhunter didnt get "the light"...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/120679/2374681-charge.jpg

...likely because Asmodel didnt think him a big enough threat. If he makes that mistake with GR, would the penance stare hurt the angel?

I'd like to hear what you guys feel about that scenario, since i'm pretty sure the light would hurt GR.

Kazenji
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, don't recall that, but yeah, that would change the light aspect at least, but i don't think it matters anyway because of the physical difference.

it was from the series Daniel Way started up and Jason Aaron basically saved it

Originally posted by Sin I AM
This. Before the new riders showed up he fought on the side of heaven and was no longer a demon. Might need a gr fanboy to clear shit up

you would be right.

riv6672
Interesting... thumb up

Pillow Biter
I think Ghost Rider's demonstrated power levels have been a lot swingier than Asmodel's. I think that typically, Ghost Rider is outmatched to seriously outmatched here. However, some references to his potential power level suggest that Ghost Rider has the potential to be at least on Asmodel's level, if somehow truly unleashed.

riv6672
I think it hurts GR that writers all seem to want to re-invent him, creating multiple versions, with multiple power levels/feats.

Pillow Biter
Or maybe that is what is best for the character. A motorcycling Demon really isn't intended to be a cosmic class, elite top tier. It's okay that maybe he has this uber potential, but you wouldn't want to consistently show him operating at that level.

One Big Mob
I rode a motorbike once. Straight into a tree. Never again, never before.

Man was not meant to ride on two wheels. Atvs is where it's at. If Ghost Rider rode around on an atv I think he would connect with more people

riv6672
Originally posted by Pillow Biter
Or maybe that is what is best for the character. A motorcycling Demon really isn't intended to be a cosmic class, elite top tier. It's okay that maybe he has this uber potential, but you wouldn't want to consistently show him operating at that level.
Oh i agree GR shouldnt be some cosmic class character.
I was just saying every writer wants to do his own spin on him, and its just multiple versions running around for no real reason, as none of them ever really catch on.
I think GR peaked with both Blaze (with shotgun) and Ketch running around. Then it just went down hill.

Kazenji
I did like the female Ghost Rider (Alejandra Jones) shame it didn't catch on.

Surtur
I honestly think regardless of which GR that Asmodel would win. I'm going to post his powers description from wiki:

"In his angelic form, Asmodel is invulnerable, has powerful reality-warping powers that could change the face of the world by force of will, can manipulate psionic energy, possesses unlimited telepathy and telekinesis, has total mental control over anyone or thing he wishes, has control over the weather or the elements, and can command and transform energy and matter. He is able to recover from injury practically instantaneously, and he has demonstrated superhuman physical strength rivaling, if not exceeding that of the Martian Manhunter and Superman (in his Blue energy form). Asmodel also demonstrates several angelic abilities and attributes in this form:

He uses a different form of Zauriel's sonic flash, identified as a sub-sonic attack with enormous power; Asmodel himself claims that his was the voice that shattered the walls of Jericho
A form of Laser vision that was able to damage the Martian Manhunter
The Light of Heaven projected directly from his eyes, driving all but the purest souls insane.
According to the Ultimate Guide to the Justice League of America, a beat of Asmodel's heart was as thunderous as a thousand atomic bombs.
According to the DC Comics Encyclopedia Asmodel also possessed immortality, wielded a flaming staff, possessed super speed and flight, incredible military leadership skills (having few rivals), and acidic blood (according to the Ultimate Guide to the Justice League of America his blood is the universal solvent).
Able to create mortal bodies for himself to inhabit or transform into his angelic form at will.

He retains his power in his mortal body; he was able to breathe on the surface of the moon and demonstrated enough strength to kill the Manhunter"

I realize this is wiki and obviously not always the best source, but I just love that they for some reason said his heartbeat was like a bunch of nukes. Oh and his blood is the "universal solvent" because why wouldn't it be?

quanchi112
Asmodel does win this fairly easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.