Shang Chi vs (classic) Iron Fist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Danny from his earliest days, when his Iron Fist use was limited.

Vs current Shang, with Stark Tech.

Who wins?

One Big Mob
Is Iron Fist asian in this thread or is he just a KKK robe shade of white?

StiltmanFTW
Shang should stomp.

Experience + Stark tech.

He performed pretty damn well against Gorgon, who has demolished modern Elektra twice.

cdtm
Originally posted by One Big Mob
Is Iron Fist asian in this thread or is he just a KKK robe shade of white?

Iron Fist is asian what? eek!

StiltmanFTW
Just a reference to the recent outrage that Marvel did not cast an asian to play Danny laughing out loud

People are retarded. Guess they'll want White Black Adam next.

One Big Mob
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Just a reference to the recent outrage that Marvel did not cast an asian to play Danny laughing out loud

People are retarded. Guess they'll want White Black Adam next. I read one yesterday that said a black person would be fine because black people do martial arts...

White Adam. Shazoo

Stoic
I don't know why they can't just make new characters, with new one of a kind power sets? I can understand the female characters taking more dominant roles, and I agree with this because there is a record high number of female comic readers these days, but they really should stop removing the originals and replacing them to appease affirmative action.

Wei Phoenix
I read one yesterday that said a black person would be fine because black people do martial arts...

White Adam. Shazoo

Wesley Snipes and Michael Jai White are strong candidates.

The Sorrow
Love seeing the hate from d-low racists when white characters are replaced by minoritys. Let the tears flow.

abhilegend
Wait, what?

One Big Mob
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Love seeing the hate from d-low racists when white characters are replaced by minoritys. Let the tears flow. Except Iron Fist was casted as a white man and racists are complaining about him not being asian or black. They even had a petition before hand to make him anything but white.

You love that too?

The Sorrow
Except Iron Fist was casted as a white man and racists are complaining about him not being asian or black. They even had a petition before hand to make him anything but white.

You love that too?
I get why they would want him to be Asian because it makes sense with his backstory but it's all ridiculous tbh. Unless the ethnicity of said person is integral to the core of the character then there shouldn't be an issue of colour.

Tbf though comics (particularly Marvel) have been whitewashed for the longest time so I get the frustration with wanting Iron Fist being cast as anything but a white male.

One Big Mob
I get why they would want him to be Asian because it makes sense with his backstory but it's all ridiculous tbh. Unless the ethnicity of said person is integral to the core of the character then there shouldn't be an issue of colour.

Tbf though comics (particularly Marvel) have been whitewashed for the longest time so I get the frustration with wanting Iron Fist being cast as anything but a white male. So you don't love that is what you're saying? How soon the tune changes

Henry_Pym

Tbf though comics (particularly Marvel) have been whitewashed for the longest time so I get the frustration with wanting Iron Fist being cast as anything but a white male. that first sentence is pretty racist, bro.

What about losing your parents and learning martial arts is inherently Asian? Should Batman also be Asian? What about Daredevil? At what level of being a martial artist must you be Asian? laughing out loud

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
that first sentence is pretty racist, bro.

What about losing your parents and learning martial arts is inherently Asian? Should Batman also be Asian? What about Daredevil? At what level of being a martial artist must you be Asian? laughing out loud
He has a significant asian supporting cast in his books, there are no asian or even asian american representatives on the big screen, and there's like 2 on the small screen for Marvel. A white male going to a mostly asian centric city, and pretty much surpassing all of the long term students to become the "best" and champion... like that hasn't been done a million times before.

Yeah because his parents dying is the only part of his backstory.

cdtm
Just like Batmans, amiright?

Iron's Fists parents death is what motivated him to give up immortality, and hunt down their killer... His confrontation was a major part of his character development.

In fact, Gotham essentially ripped off that story when Bruce found Match's Malone. Right down to the killer ending his own life, when the boy he orphaned refused vengeance..

DarkSaint85

Tbf though comics (particularly Marvel) have been whitewashed for the longest time so I get the frustration with wanting Iron Fist being cast as anything but a white male.

Then don't be lazy, and shoehorn ethnic actors into 'white' roles.

Then turn around and say, gee, look, we're so affirmative! We have a black Johnny Storm!

That's just pandering, and lazy. Actually put some effort into developing ethnic roles and characters, rather than just casting actors.

Edit: although, most Asian roles are pretty racist. Silver Samurai, Sunfire (geddit? Because he's from the Land of the Rising Sun!) Jubilee (her name is a portmanteau of Jubilation and Lee, geddit? and her power is fireworks!), Katana, Shang-Chi, Shen Kuei, Armor (her powers derive from her ancestors!) Cho (he's, like, really good at maths! And possibly bad at driving!), the list is pretty long, especially of the more famous characters.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
We have a black Johnny Storm!

http://i67.tinypic.com/30jqviw.jpg

cdtm
Then don't be lazy, and shoehorn ethnic actors into 'white' roles.

Then turn around and say, gee, look, we're so affirmative! We have a black Johnny Storm!

That's just pandering, and lazy. Actually put some effort into developing ethnic roles and characters, rather than just casting actors.

Edit: although, most Asian roles are pretty racist. Silver Samurai, Sunfire (geddit? Because he's from the Land of the Rising Sun!) Jubilee (her name is a portmanteau of Jubilation and Lee, geddit? and her power is fireworks!), Katana, Shang-Chi, Shen Kuei, Armor (her powers derive from her ancestors!) Cho (he's, like, really good at maths! And possibly bad at driving!), the list is pretty long, especially of the more famous characters.

Yep.

Of course, Japanese Manga hits on every stereotype that exists (How many samurai do they have?), and could be outright racist when portraying other asians.

Still no justification for what we do in the west, though. (And even looking strictly at western works, there's a huge difference between Usagi Yojimbo and some half baked asian stereotype..)

StiltmanFTW
Random IF question.

He's so f*cking rich, why he never uses that cash in a way Batman does?

cdtm
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Random IF question.

He's so f*cking rich, why he never uses that cash in a way Batman does?

He's got super powers. smile

What's he gonna do, toss a fistarang?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
He's got super powers. smile

What's he gonna do, toss a fistarang?

So had Moon Knight. And he still used his $ well to aid him in fighting crime stick out tongue

cdtm
True.

Truth is, those guys are scientist's, while Danny's just a 70's era relic who knows kung fu.

He doesn't even run his business, he has his lawyer do it, while he tags along with Cage.

I love the guy, but there's a reason everybody was yelling "YOU DID WHAT?!?" at him every ten pages in Heroes for Hire. smile

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
He doesn't even run his business, he has his lawyer do it, while he tags along with Cage.

That's what I wanted to know.

That lawyer never thought of f*cking Danny in the ass, kinda-sorta similar as Rocky got in Rocky V?

DarkSaint85
That's because that's his lawyer, not his accountant.

Jesus, Stilt, get your facts right.

cdtm
That is a puzzle. Even loyalty should only go so far when the son of the guy you worked for kills a multi billion dollar deal with the Chinese, because he heard bad things about them on the news.

My personal theory is: "Hey Danny, gimmie a dollar".

Cage is looking out for him. Danny's Cage's sugar daddy, basically.

StiltmanFTW
That's because that's his lawyer, not his accountant.

Jesus, Stilt, get your facts right.

Lawyers f*ck their clients all the time...

But yes, it was the accountant who f*cked poor Paulie in R5.

DarkSaint85
Concession accepted; I will add your scalp to my bedpost.

StiltmanFTW
Instead of posting here, finally see Rocky 6... you noobzor...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.