ESB Luke: where do you rank him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So All you need to know states Luke was "easily defeated" by Vader, which as far as I know, is the only canon sources that mentions Luke's fight with Vader.

So where does he rank?

Seems like there's something to Filoni's comments about Luke being below Council Members, at least as of ESB.

Discuss below.

Emperordmb
If I were going to judge Luke, I'd do so by his feats and accolades.

If Filoni mentions the Council Members, I don't take it seriously. Otherwise Coleman Trebor>ROTJ Luke and Grievous, which is completely ****ing ridiculous.

I'm not sure where I place him, but Filoni's statements have jack shit to do with it.

Aurbere
Where do you rank him?

JKBart
Overall, likely one tier beneath Adi Gallia/Even Piell, two tiers beneath Imperial Guardsmen from the Dark Temple.

|King Joker|
TPM Kenobi level, maybe.

cs_zoltan
No mother****ing idea about ESB Luke

Fated Xtasy
It's one am here so pardon the grammar.

The way I see it, being easily defeated by Vader is one thing...

But Vader is impressed by his overall ability that also says a lot.

As for where exactly I rank him though?

It's hard to say, he's arguably below Kanan and by virtue of that he's below Seventh Sis too.

I've got no idea honestly.

Sinious
Originally posted by JKBart
Overall, likely one tier beneath Adi Gallia/Even Piell, two tiers beneath Imperial Guardsmen from the Dark Temple.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

It's hard to say, he's arguably below Kanan and by virtue of that he's below Seventh Sis too.

Eh.

Emperordmb
Yea... No. Luke is at least above Kanan.

Darth Abonis
Really low. He had almost no experience and only lasted long against Vader due to the former going easy on him, and his own ingenuity.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yea... No. Luke is at least above Kanan.

Hence "arguable"

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No but he's saying ESB Luke is inarguably superior to Kanan.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No but he's saying ESB Luke is inarguably superior to Kanan.

Eh.

I'll wait to see post ESB/Pre ESB Luke do something more substantial before I place him above anyone.

|King Joker|
Wouldn't Luke's performance against Vader (i.e. kicking Vader off the platform, striking Vader's shoulder) put him at least above Kanan?

Nephthys
Low

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Wouldn't Luke's performance against Vader (i.e. kicking Vader off the platform, striking Vader's shoulder) put him at least above Kanan?

The quote that says vader easily dispatched of Luke made me reanalyze the fight.

One can assert that Vader did hold up back severely, if he was able to casually end Luke's assault.

FreshestSlice
Implying he wasn't holding back against Kanan AND Erza at the same time, then sure, kek.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Implying he wasn't holding back against Kanan AND Erza at the same time, then sure, kek.

Never said that, you derp.

What I'm actually saying is that Kanan's training under actual Jedi Masters like Depa, and discipline in an actual form gives him an edge against Luke as he is better trained than ESB Luke is.

Consider this:

He's dueled a magnaguard, was being beaten back by a skilled swordsman with a lightsaber... yet said person didn't even have a connection to the force.

Not to mention he was casually, very casually, beaten back by Vader even before TPM.

In every scenario Post-ANH and ESB Luke has been, Kanan would perform better. You can't say it's untrue.

hell, ESB! Luke and Kanan may even be in the same tier given how their respective fights with Vader went.

The only reason I have Kanan above Luke is because he has more TK feats and integrates them in combat quite fluidly. Other than that they're more or less on the same tier.

But when, and i do mean when, Luke gets OP feats in TK, then I'll be swayed.

tl;dr I'm rite ur wrong suck it

FreshestSlice
Never said that, you derp.

You really didn't need to.

all the keks in the world towards this one. Kind of retarded because Luke was trained by two actual Jedi, both above Depa in just about everything, as well as a having considerable training elsewhere.

And? I'd put both of those things, it was more than one magnaguard by the way, above Kanan, lel.

Vader's done the same to Kanan, kek.

It's untrue.

Where Luke did better than Kanan? Not really.

Kanan losing and running away in pretty much every encounter shows how fluid his TK is?

Kanan doesn't have OP feats in TK and has shit overall combat feats, so I won't be putting him above anyone worth mentioning here.

Fated Xtasy
Y u so mean? sad

Beniboybling
So where does he rank?Above Kanan. smile

Emperordmb
thumb up Freshest laying down the law.

At least Vader was taking his duel with Luke somewhat seriously.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Above Kanan. smile

sad

Originally posted by Emperordmb
thumb up Freshest laying down the law.

At least Vader was taking his duel with Luke somewhat seriously.
arguable af.

Unlike your arguments, which are flawed from conception. big grin

|King Joker|
Mad Kanan lowballing from Freshest, ngl.

arguable af. then like????? Argue it? ?

xtasyyyyy y u make no sennnnssseeeee

FreshestSlice
https://media.giphy.com/media/JkIEI8qHZnRZK/giphy.gif

Fated Xtasy
Mad Kanan lowballing from Freshest, ngl.

then like????? Argue it? ?

xtasyyyyy y u make no sennnnssseeeee

I like????? am???????

|King Joker|
I thought you were responding to "Freshest laying down the law" with "arguable af" which wouldn't make sense seeing as how you haven't responded to him

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x447/Gonzonian/Whatever.gif

FreshestSlice
http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11117/111173561/4887380-3524428454-46401.gif
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111155790/4930724-5069217893-d2935.gif

I don't see Luke topping this tbh. You need real Jedi training to get shit on that badly.

Emperordmb
Yeah Luke's performance against Vader was substantially more impressive.

Fated Xtasy
I thought you were responding to "Freshest laying down the law" with "arguable af" which wouldn't make sense seeing as how you haven't responded to him

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x447/Gonzonian/Whatever.gif

I don't have my usual equipment because my pc's getting fixed.

I plan on responding to mr lowball soon.

Not respond to dmb soon, I actually mean it this time.

|King Joker|
Not respond to dmb soon, I actually mean it this time. Hm?

Fated Xtasy
LOL @Joker's edit.

I remember the movie..nice one.

@freshest. Way to sum up the fight in just two gifs. Playa.

FreshestSlice
He threw a ***** over ten feet. That's just sad.

ILS
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11117/111173561/4887380-3524428454-46401.gif
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111155790/4930724-5069217893-d2935.gif

I don't see Luke topping this tbh. You need real Jedi training to get shit on that badly. lmfao

NewGuy01
He's probably not all that far off from the level where Kanan and Ezra are now, tbh, but he's definitely more naturally talented and resourceful than either.

Fated Xtasy
I'm actually surprised you kinda/sorta/not really agree with me here.

Train me as your last and most powerful apprentice! Dew it!

S_W_LeGenD
On par with Anakin Skywalker (AotC), IMO.

Syndicate
Higher then average I'm willing to bet.

Beniboybling
No shit. smile

chilled monkey
The quote that says vader easily dispatched of Luke made me reanalyze the fight.

One can assert that Vader did hold up back severely, if he was able to casually end Luke's assault.

Quotes should be taken with a grain of salt. They certainly shouldn't be treated as concrete facts, seeing as they are usually contradicted by what actually happens in the story.

Now I can buy Vader holding back somewhat since he wanted Luke alive, but keep in mind that Vader is a Sith. Their typical mentality is "if you're that weak that I can easily kill you when I'm barely trying then you're not worth my time."

My point is, Vader wasn't holding back "that" much. He certainly didn't let himself get booted off a ledge or let Luke tag his shoulder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.