Place your bets on which film will be greater ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Civil War vs. Batman v. Superman

CosmicComet
Civil War, pretty confidently.

It will outdraw BvS too.

-Pr-
More money? Civil War; it's an Avengers movie. They always make bank?

Which will be better? Civil War most likely. By how much, is anyone's guess.

juggernaut74
Marvel.

BruceSkywalker
Said already in the Civil War thread a while back.. BVS ain't got nothing on Cap Civil War... I do think Batman V Superman will be good but will it be great I will not know until friday

CPT Space Bomb
In terms of money? I think it could be close. Hell, I think BvS might even out-earn Civil War.

However, I don't have any doubt that Civil War will be superior. It's not even really fair to be honest. We're comparing a movie with TONS of prior history between the feuding sides and a movie with 0 history (on screen of course). So, no matter how good BvS is; the odds are stacked against it.

quanchi112
I meant in terms of quality to be clear.

tkitna
CW

HulkIsHulk
Civil War. I have no faith in Snyder. In fact I am hoping BvS won't do so good that WB finally chucks Snidey out that we can have good DC films. Maybe kerping him around as an action coordinator if they want him to stay, not as the director

queeq
I think Civil War. I expect SvsB to be overblown and overdark...

steverules_2
Civil war is gonna knock it out the park, whoever voted BvS must be smoking something crazy

Dunno what's going on with Doomsday facepalm

Kazenji
Golgo has to be one of the ones that voted for BvS.

steverules_2
And Abhi, thinking about it

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kazenji
Golgo has to be one of the ones that voted for BvS. Pretty much.

CPT Space Bomb
I find it odd that there are closet voters.. Too ashamed to stand up and take credit for voting BvS.

The forum posts are pretty much all in agreement however...CW will be superior.

jaden101
On previous form CW as WS was far better than MoS.

Good to see the more serious comic movies this year. Makes a change from the GotG, Deadpool type stuff. Will be odd seeing how Ant-man fits in to a film with a more serious tone though.

playa1258
Civil War is becoming overhyped just like AOU was.

jaden101
Originally posted by playa1258
Civil War is becoming overhyped just like AOU was.

It could well suffer from the "too many characters" issue again especially when it's introducing more. That's partly the reason why QS and SW and ultimately Ultron himself felt like hollow characters in AoU, because they simply were competing for screen time with too many other characters.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Civil War is becoming overhyped just like AOU was. Oh be a man and say you think batman will be better. Admit it, punk.

Patient_Leech
I voted for BvS. I really don't have much interest in either, though, because I'm gettin pretty bored with comicbook films. Civil War looks like it's going to be too long with too many characters and BvS will likely not repeat well, because I didn't really like Man of Steel nearly as much the 2nd time. But I like darker stuff, so BvS is my vote.

That being said, Captain America 2 was surprisingly good. Definitely one of the better comic films.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I voted for BvS. I really don't have much interest in either, though, because I'm gettin pretty bored with comicbook films. Civil War looks like it's going to be too long with too many characters and BvS will likely not repeat well, because I didn't really like Man of Steel nearly as much the 2nd time. But I like darker stuff, so BvS is my vote.

That being said, Captain America 2 was surprisingly good. Definitely one of the better comic films. Same directors as for Winter Soldier for Civil War. Trust me Civil War all the way.

Time-Immemorial
We are gong to build a wall. And Mexico is going to pay for it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Said already in the Civil War thread a while back.. BVS ain't got nothing on Cap Civil War... I do think Batman V Superman will be good but will it be great I will not know until friday

thumb up

Not much to say after this. It should be obvious that Civil War may come close to being one of the biggest, if not the biggest, comic book movie successes.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
We are gong to build a wall. And Mexico is going to pay for it. laughing out loud

|King Joker|
Marvel is more consistent with the quality of their films, so I'm betting Civil War will be better.

I hope Batman v Superman is better though, because I'm more of a DC guy, TBH. I really love the MCU and can't deny the quality of the majority of their films (but Iron Man 3 can suck my dick).

Darth Thor
Civil War will likely be better based on comparing Winter Soldier to Man of Steel. Plus can't wait to see Spider-Man with the Avengers.

But both movies will be good/great. This thread is just Quanchi telling everyone Marvel is still better, because he's crapping his pants at all the positive buzz BvS is suddenly getting.

playa1258
Civil War in both.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Civil War will likely be better based on comparing Winter Soldier to Man of Steel. Plus can't wait to see Spider-Man with the Avengers.

But both movies will be good/great. This thread is just Quanchi telling everyone Marvel is still better, because he's crapping his pants at all the positive buzz BvS is suddenly getting. Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

Haters will be so relieved they won't feel like the odd balls for hating on this now.

It's getting slammed by critics/movie reviewers all over Get your story straight you're all over the map. Emotional spaz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.