Midnighter(no weapons) vs Wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peace Keeper
I've read a lot of midnighter and his powers make him basically the greatest close quarter fighter in comics.
Im super impressed.

So...can he beat wolverine without his weapons? Regular wolvie.

StiltmanFTW
He cannot.

Dick came close to whooping his ass.

Peace Keeper
The bat family does crazy shit all the time. That showing is inconsistent with his entire history of crazy shit like kicking away tank shells, burts of supersonic and faster speed, out reacting flash like characters...etc

StiltmanFTW
You should've specified pre-nu Midnighter, then stick out tongue

Wolverine does crazy shit, too. Like one-shotting a Thing-lv brick with a single karate chop wink Manifest Destiny.

Sin I AM
90s logan was like wbh level without the wishing well. If thats what u mean by regular

Flyattractor
What kind of weapons does Midnighter carry around?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Sin I AM
90s logan was like wbh level without the wishing well. If thats what u mean by regular
WBH had no powerboost from the wishing well, whrther you like it or not.
And Manifest Destiny was published in 2008. Since, we are talking about high end feats, does Logan beating the tar out of the bulletproof Nuke with only headbutts while being deprived of his healing factor count?

StiltmanFTW
Wouldn't call it high end. Sure, Nuke is tough as f*ck, but still.

Making the Hulk bleed with a single headbutt is closer to that wink

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Peace Keeper
I've read a lot of midnighter and his powers make him basically the greatest close quarter fighter in comics.
Im super impressed.

So...can he beat wolverine without his weapons? Regular wolvie. I've read zero Midnighter and I can safely say he is not.

You're wrong and you made this thread under false pretenses. It's fair to say I hate this thread.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wouldn't call it high end. Sure, Nuke is tough as f*ck, but still.

The thing is, Wolverine didn't have the strength or durability provided by his healing factor on that occasion.
And Nuke, as you said is tough as hell.
He is bulletproof and grenade proof and has shrgged off being caught in RPG explosion
Daredevil whaling on him barely stunned him.
In their first fight Cap charged him shield-first and took them off a building that KOd them both. The other fight a bloodlusted Cap pummeled him bloody with his shield
Soaked a lot of hits from US Agent in their fight and didn't go down
Bucky had to stomp on his face multiple times while he was stunned from an explosion to take him down
He has survived being diced by laser weapons that went right through Luke Cage
Yet Wolverine equalled or surpassed that with his headbutts, I'd say that's a great feat

RadZoa
What exactly does "greatest close quarter fighter" mean? As in most skilled? I'm pretty sure Karate Kid takes that title as far as comics go. If you mean highly formidable because of skill+stats then yeah I can agree with that.

From what I've read from others Wildstorm Midnighter would probably beat Wolverine's ass. Have no idea what New 52 Midnighter can do though.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Making the Hulk bleed with a single headbutt is closer to high end wink
You're right in that making Hulk release his grip with a headbutt is high-end, but you are wrong in that he made Hulk bleed. It was Logan who bled from it. After the hit, its his head which is bloody, not Hulk's. Anyway, Logan has made Minotaur bleed as well

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
The thing is, Wolverine didn't have the strength or durability provided by his healing factor on that occasion.
And Nuke, as you said is tough as hell.
He is bulletproof and grenade proof and has shrgged off being caught in RPG explosion
Daredevil whaling on him barely stunned him.
In their first fight Cap charged him shield-first and took them off a building that KOd them both. The other fight a bloodlusted Cap pummeled him bloody with his shield
Soaked a lot of hits from US Agent in their fight and didn't go down
Bucky had to stomp on his face multiple times while he was stunned from an explosion to take him down
He has survived being diced by laser weapons that went right through Luke Cage
Yet Wolverine equalled or surpassed that with his headbutts, I'd say that's a great feat

Richards has said that Wolverine retained his strength. The mini was full of errors.

Nuke also fought Mister X in hth and did well. It was a stalemate.

Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful feat, I agree... but making Savage Hulk bleed or dazing that Minotaur* (or whatever it was) that fought Hercules, those were truly high-end feats in the headbutt department wink

* Wolverine/Hercules mini, the one in which Logan kills Matsuo... but he gets resurrected, so he can die again in the Psylocke mini... at least that's how I understood it. It must've been taking place before Psylocke mini, despite the issue release dates.

StiltmanFTW
You're right in that making Hulk release his grip with a headbutt is high-end, but you are wrong in that he made Hulk bleed. It was Logan who bled from it. After the hit, its his head which is bloody, not Hulk's. Anyway, Logan has made Minotaur bleed as well

His forehead was bloody, but it could've been very well blood from Hulk's nose...

Impossible to tell for sure, because of the coloring. There are writers who made Hulk bleed green as he's supposed to, and there are ones that don't give a shit.

HulkIsHulk
True that

Surtur
Midnighter from pre DcNu from what I remember was actually quite potent. Above bullet timing, even having feats of blitzing people with super speed if I recall. Also quite strong too, able to kick back tank shells easily and easily rip out a dudes spine. I'm not saying he wins, but if they have him in the nuDC losing to members of the bat family he's been downgraded. Except wait he has that feat against martian manhunter. I'm not sure what is going on at DC.

Anyways don't know about nuDC, but his battle computer thingie also gave him some sort of precog like powers as I recall.

Sin I AM
WBH had no powerboost from the wishing well, whrther you like it or not.

Wtf is this mickey mouse shit. Are you taking the piss?

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by RadZoa
What exactly does "greatest close quarter fighter" mean? As in most skilled? I'm pretty sure Karate Kid takes that title as far as comics go. If you mean highly formidable because of skill+stats then yeah I can agree with that.

From what I've read from others Wildstorm Midnighter would probably beat Wolverine's ass. Have no idea what New 52 Midnighter can do though.
I meant his power set and abilities make him the top of the heap.
He'd beat kk in h2h imo.
I had no idea wtf nu52 means. Is he not the same as he was 5 years ago?

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I've read zero Midnighter and I can safely say he is not.

You're wrong and you made this thread under false pretenses. It's fair to say I hate this thread.
You wot m8? Do you know who I am, m8???

One Big Mob
Originally posted by Peace Keeper
You wot m8? Do you know who I am, m8??? If you and me were to fight right now in the streets, I would swifty slide across the concrete and double boot you square in the balls.

Decter
Midnighter should win

Peace Keeper
This thread iis booty.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.