Possible terrorist attacks in Brussels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Seems like a coordinated attack similar to the Paris attacks not too far in the past,. Ironically, this comes after the apprehension of Salah Abdslam wanted to commit more terrorist attacks?

Do you think the Religion of peace strike again here?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/brussels-explosions/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/paris-attack-suspect-wanted-restart-article-1.2570950

ArtificialGlory
Almost definitely the Religion of Peace(tm) at it again. We'll know soon enough.

Q99
I think it more likely to be the death-cult known as Isis rather than any religion associated with peace, honestly (fun fact: Isis hates other muslims a ton).

Anyway, my heart goes out to those injured and killed, and I *also* hope unrelated people don't get scapegoated for it.

Bentley
Awful news, I learned about this because I work at web monitoring so it has been slowly but implicitly presented to me sad

My prayers for them in these trying times.

Ushgarak
Death count unclear at this point. BBC have changed their heading from '13 dead' to 'many dead'. The Belgian PM is quoted as talking of 'scores' of dead, but as he also said 'scores' of injured, this might all be a mix up. It's going up though.

Some relevant analysis (from the BBC):

-

The information we have so far suggests the bombings at Brussels airport happened before any security checks, in the public drop-off area. So it doesn't look like a security lapse at the scanning area.

There is a limit to what you can do at airports to stop this sort of attack. Prevention is more reliant on getting intelligence beforehand. American Airlines has told us they were not the nearest check-in desk.

-

BBC security correspondent Frank Gardner says it is "not a surprise" that this attack has taken place but says it is "shocking it was so successful".

He said since the Since Charlie Hebo attacks in Paris in January last year, which killed 12 people, there had been a number of terror cells "on the loose" that had been inspired by so-called Islamic State and had access to weapons and explosives.

He said Belgian intelligence services had been playing "catch-up" since then and did not have a "very good system" of sharing information across the various authorities.

He said attacks in Britain had been prevented by Muslim communities reporting suspicious behaviour to police but this was not yet happening in Belgium.

-

That last one is interesting- I had thought before that in the UK we hadn't got very far with getting insider relations with the Muslim community- programmes like PREVENT, which is the anti-terror outreach programme, had received a lot of criticism.

But now I am hearing that it;s paying off and Muslims are speaking out against their extremists. That's good to hear and that's very relevant in these times of high racial tensions- demonising the entire Muslim community causes them to shut up, not help out.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Q99
I think it more likely to be the death-cult known as Isis rather than any religion associated with peace, honestly (fun fact: Isis hates other muslims a ton).

Anyway, my heart goes out to those injured and killed, and I *also* hope unrelated people don't get scapegoated for it.

Well said.

Ushgarak
I know this is obvious, but someone has to make the relevant analysis. Also from BBC.

-

The Brussels attacks bear the hallmark of the Islamic State (IS) militant group, according to Belgian jihadist analyst Pieter Van Ostaeyen.

He told Belgium's Het Nieuwsblad newspaper he was surprised by the nature of the operation: "I had expected that something would happen but not on this scale. This is really highly coordinated," he said.

Mr Van Ostaeyen said the attacks were most likely a response to the counter-terror operation in Brussels last week and that they were probably "pulled together at very short notice".

Bardock42
Well, the short notice thing doesn't seem obvious. And is worrying. On the other hand perhaps it makes sense that particular short planning stages have a chance to be successful as they may be less likely to be caught.

Quincy
Death count up to 28 by recent reports.

Omega Vision
Most of my family lives in Brussels, so far no bad news...

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Most of my family lives in Brussels, so far no bad news...

Glad to hear that!

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carthage
Seems like a coordinated attack similar to the Paris attacks not too far in the past,. Ironically, this comes after the apprehension of Salah Abdslam wanted to commit more terrorist attacks?

Do you think the Religion of peace strike again here?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/22/europe/brussels-explosions/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/paris-attack-suspect-wanted-restart-article-1.2570950

The Religion of Peace was aiding and abetting these criminals in the ghetto's of Brussels, area's where cops are not allowed to go.

Just another example of how Islam is allowed to spread and continue to conduct terror and indirect terror on our world today. The people that still support Islam will die just the same as the people who do not.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Q99

Pew research says this is not limited to ISIS.

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

Lucius
Originally posted by Q99

No, no it was probably Muslims. Spoiler warning, ISIS is Islamic. Stop ****ing apologizing for these people. Stop trying to defend them. From one liberal to another, own up to the goddamn ****ing fact that some of these Muslims, happen to be violent murderers who need to eat a bullet.

KidRock
radical islamic terrorists at it again?

nooo way

Originally posted by Q99

This is has nothing to do with a religious group..this is the cause of the death cult known as the ISLAMIC state of Iraq and Syria.

Makes perfect sense.

Surtur
On the radio some people were saying this was revenge for the recent capture of that one terrorist.

Time-Immemorial
3 Americans dead at the American Airlines ticket counter who were coming home.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Lucius
No, no it was probably Muslims. Spoiler warning, ISIS is Islamic. Stop ****ing apologizing for these people. Stop trying to defend them. From one liberal to another, own up to the goddamn ****ing fact that some of these Muslims, happen to be violent murderers who need to eat a bullet.
I don't think Q was defending ISIS. Q was saying there's always a danger of people not distinguishing between ISIS and Muslims in general.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Surtur
On the radio some people were saying this was revenge for the recent capture of that one terrorist.
I hope that's not true. I don't want to think that ISIS can plan and execute a successful attack with only a few days' preparation.

Time-Immemorial
I don't think Q was defending ISIS. Q was saying there's always a danger of people not distinguishing between ISIS and Muslims in general.

Again Pew Reseach debunks this claim. And people who think like this are the ones that enable ISIS, including Q99.

carthage
Its pretty obvious Q will resort to the same retarded memes blaming Western civilization/foreign policy, saying Refugees are "fleeing from the same violence, claiming that Muslim communities are marginalized, i,e typical excuse making for Muslim savagery.

Of course as many of you may know this isn't going to be the last attack committed by radicals. It wont end and everyone is going to have to keep listening to people make excuses for Islamic terror. I think its funny that these people come to Europe wanting to escape the same "terror" they perpetrate in ultra-orthodox countries, and yet still enact it on the Westerner's that give them sanctuary.

Ushgarak
Could we not get into this sort of thing in this thread please? People are dead and that sort of blame game is very unseemly. We should be talking about the incident here, not making accusations.

Surtur
I hope that's not true. I don't want to think that ISIS can plan and execute a successful attack with only a few days' preparation.

Well they gave two alternatives. One was that this was revenge. The other was that the guy who was captured had other terrorist attacks planned and when his capture was announced they just did it anyways.

The keep saying an attack was expected, just not of this magnitude.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Could we not get into this sort of thing in this thread please? People are dead and that sort of blame game is very unseemly. We should be talking about the incident here, not making accusations.

Who should we blame?

Ushgarak
You don't need to blamer anyone at all except the evil people who did this. You can go argue the wider social contexts somewhere else.

Time-Immemorial
I am blaming the people who did this, and the ideology that has allowed this to happen.

Ushgarak
Ok, let me make this super-clear as you seem to have difficulty following this- I don't want to hear crap about how 'liberals are to blame' and I will start throwing out bans if I see any more comments specifically blaming a poster.

That sort of attitude is outrageous in a thread like this. This is not the place for your juvenile political posturing.

Shameful.

Robtard
Radio news said death toll was over 30 and over 120 injured with at least one confirmed suicide bomber. Awful.

Surtur
Yep, unfortunately I heard the death toll was like 34 with the authorities in the area the attack happened saying they are likely more to come. So it's likely in the end the number might be a bit higher.

Time-Immemorial
The world is facing a one sided war.

ArtificialGlory
Damn, and it seemed that the Belgian authorities were working so hard to prevent this sort of thing from happening. Terrible.

Stigma
Originally posted by Q99
I agree. ISIS is a radicalized muslim group that even goes as far as attack other muslim groups that are not radical. They also hate the West at large, particularly liberty, women's rights and religious pluralism.

Originally posted by Q99

I second that thumb up Let us all unite and pray for the victims.

Originally posted by carthage
Its pretty obvious Q will resort to the same retarded memes blaming Western civilization/foreign policy, saying Refugees are "fleeing from the same violence, claiming that Muslim communities are marginalized, i,e typical excuse making for Muslim savagery.

Of course as many of you may know this isn't going to be the last attack committed by radicals. It wont end and everyone is going to have to keep listening to people make excuses for Islamic terror. I think its funny that these people come to Europe wanting to escape the same "terror" they perpetrate in ultra-orthodox countries, and yet still enact it on the Westerner's that give them sanctuary.
Well said thumb up

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by Stigma
I agree. ISIS is a radicalized muslim group that even goes as far as attack other muslim groups that are not radical. They also hate the West at large, particularly liberty, women's rights and religious pluralism.

I second that thumb up Let us all unite and pray for the victims.

Well said thumb up
Isis is radical? Are you saying they aren't following their religion? Because they are.

Time-Immemorial
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3503928/Two-explosions-heard-Brussels-Airport.html

jaden101
Originally posted by Peace Keeper
Isis is radical? Are you saying they aren't following their religion? Because they are.

Nah. He's saying they like skateboarding and being totally bodacious.

Time-Immemorial
Trump predicted this and NYT mocked him for it

Y9JBQvGJ4as

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/world/europe/trump-finds-new-city-to-insult-brussels.html?smid=tw-share

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Y9JBQvGJ4as

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/world/europe/trump-finds-new-city-to-insult-brussels.html?smid=tw-share
NostraDONmus.

Time-Immemorial
I guess the NYT feels like a bunch of jackasses now.

FinalAnswer

Considering Islam has very specific rules on warfare, and how they're not supposed to slaughter women and children, or vandalize and destroy property, then no, they're not properly following Islam, hence why the rest of the Islamic world denounces them.

KidRock
Ok, let me make this super-clear as you seem to have difficulty following this- I don't want to hear crap about how 'liberals are to blame' and I will start throwing out bans if I see any more comments specifically blaming a poster.

That sort of attitude is outrageous in a thread like this. This is not the place for your juvenile political posturing.

Shameful.

Ironically, this post reflects the current European ideology of, "If you discuss the root cause of all this violence, we will shun you from society and lock you up for being insensitive"

This attack will turn out like every other one has. People will change their Facebook picture to the Belgian flag, people will write #BelgianStrong and politicians will stand up at the podium and say, "This..is a terrible tragedy"

And that will be the end of it, until the next attack..rinse and repeat.

Ushgarak
It doesn't reflect anything remotely of the sort- what a foolish statement. I asked for this thread to stay respectful and for wider debate to go on in one of the many other threads where these arguments go on and on. If you had bothered to read my posts properly you would have known that. You don't know a damn thing about my political views on the subject- you're just looking to cause trouble. My telling people to keep stuff out of this thread has nothing to do with discussing the root cause or not- it is everything to do with people not being disrespectful imbeciles shamefully looking to make cheap political points out of a tragedy. Now you've joined that group of people that should be ashamed.

Take your politics out of this thread. Consider this a warning.

KidRock
I am truly ashamed of myself.

RIP to the victims.

#BelgianStrong

Now onto more pressing matters:

Whats on reality TV tonight, anyone know?

Ushgarak
How about something actually on-topic and relevant?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35876809

Hunt on for suspect.

Raisen
Originally posted by KidRock
Ironically, this post reflects the current European ideology of, "If you discuss the root cause of all this violence, we will shun you from society and lock you up for being insensitive"

This attack will turn out like every other one has. People will change their Facebook picture to the Belgian flag, people will write #BelgianStrong and politicians will stand up at the podium and say, "This..is a terrible tragedy"

SPOT ON. but they won't see it this way and take offense.

Astner
Are you insinuating that we should persecute an entire ethnic group for the actions of a few people? No. The only people that should be held accountable for this act are the terrorist themselves.

jaden101
Originally posted by KidRock

Sounds familiar in relation to another problem involving mass killings in another country.

Tattoos N Scars
Thoughts and prayers with those affected. On a lighter note, this should make van Damme target ISIS

Time-Immemorial
Cleary these suicide bombers were in retaliation to the arrest of their leader 4 days ago. Mind you this is the guy that chickened out on the night of the Paris attacks.

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Considering Islam has very specific rules on warfare, and how they're not supposed to slaughter women and children, or vandalize and destroy property, then no, they're not properly following Islam, hence why the rest of the Islamic world denounces them. Thanks for proving you dont know jack about islam.

Those rules only apply to other Muslims, not to infidels. Its like the oft quoted "killing one man is like killing the whole world." ONLY applies to Muslims killing other Muslims.

God......you people are ridiculous.

FinalAnswer
Thanks for proving you dont know jack about islam.

Those rules only apply to other Muslims, not to infidels. Its like the oft quoted "killing one man is like killing the whole world." ONLY applies to Muslims killing other Muslims.

God......you people are ridiculous.

Those rules were set up when Islam was going about conquering foreign regions that held different religions, so no, they don't apply to just to Islam. Further more, the people of those regions that they incorporated were usually Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians, which applied the Dhimmi status to them, which protected them under Islamic laws.

Try again thumb down

Peace Keeper
Those rules were set up when Islam was going about conquering foreign regions that held different religions, so no, they don't apply to just to Islam. Further more, the people of those regions that they incorporated were usually Christians, Jews and Zoroastrians, which applied the Dhimmi status to them, which protected them under Islamic laws.

Try again thumb down
Quote the scripture.

Time-Immemorial

Try again thumb down

You have no proof of what you say.

It's xyz!
At the end of the day, terrorist attacks has nothing to do with Islam as far as I know. Also, racist doctrine is bad.

We should look at peaceful protest.

I don't know solutions.

FinalAnswer
You have no proof of what you say.

Quote the scripture.

As I said before, the Islamic empire was filled with people of other religions, and randomly slaughtering them would only have pissed people off and caused unnecessary revolts and loss of manpower. Furthermore, they benefited greatly from the Jizya tax that non-believers were to pay. Sorry, but the burden of proof is on you, you're the one claiming the Islamic doctrine of war only applies to other Muslims. thumb down

Ushgarak
Well, again, a protracted argument about what Islam does or does not stand for really belongs in another thread, where again such arguments are already present.

Q99
There's also the matter that Isis, specifically, views other muslims as their number-1 enemy and one of their biggest reasons for striking Europe is to stir up Islamophobia. So it kinda plays into Isis's hands as well.

Time-Immemorial
Salah Abdeslam was part of Brussels bomb plot, so its official, there are ISIS cells in Europe

http://www.politico.eu/article/salah-abdeslam-was-part-of-brussels-bomb-plot/

And up to 5000 in Europe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/isis-up-to-5000-jihadists-in-europe-after-returning-from-terror-training-camps-daesh-islamic-state-a6885961.html

It's xyz!
http://time.com/4267339/brussels-terrorist-attacks-latest/

Surtur
Salah Abdeslam was part of Brussels bomb plot, so its official, there are ISIS cells in Europe

http://www.politico.eu/article/salah-abdeslam-was-part-of-brussels-bomb-plot/

And up to 5000 in Europe

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/isis-up-to-5000-jihadists-in-europe-after-returning-from-terror-training-camps-daesh-islamic-state-a6885961.html

They just need to execute Salah now.

Stigma
They just need to execute Salah now.
There is no death penalty in the EU.

It's xyz!

Y9JBQvGJ4as

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/28/world/europe/trump-finds-new-city-to-insult-brussels.html?smid=tw-share Nigel Farage warned Belgium about immigration in 2013 referring specifically to ISIS, Syria and refugees.

Clearly doesn't want to send weapons to the Middle East, clearly doesn't want open borders.

1Ryf3uX78so&rdm=1y61s74lz

Time-Immemorial
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/23/manhunt-on-for-belgian-bomb-maker-terrorists-idd-1-arrested-in-overnight-raids.html

The bombmakeris dead.

Time-Immemorial
Two of the suicide bombers were brothers.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/brussels-attacks/brussels-attacks-suicide-bombers-were-brothers-n543956

Surtur
There is no death penalty in the EU.

Damn that sucks.

Time-Immemorial
No one even cares

Time-Immemorial
Trump saw the writing on the wall.

Now the world has seen it.

The Captial of the EU now cowers in fear to the society they let take over their streets.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/262258/isis-takes-capital-european-union-daniel-greenfield

Time-Immemorial
Elected Muslim Representatives trying to make Belgium have Sharia Law

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3442/belgium-islamic-state

We are elected Islamists but above all we are Muslims," Ahrouch said. "Islam is compatible with the laws of the Belgian people. As elected Muslims, we embrace the Koran and the tradition of the Prophet Mohammed. We believe Islam is a universal religion. Our presence on the town council will give us the opportunity to express ourselves," said Ahrouch, who refuses to shake hands or make eye contact with females in public.

Omega Vision
Elected Muslim Representatives trying to make Belgium have Sharia Law

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/3442/belgium-islamic-state

We are elected Islamists but above all we are Muslims," Ahrouch said. "Islam is compatible with the laws of the Belgian people. As elected Muslims, we embrace the Koran and the tradition of the Prophet Mohammed. We believe Islam is a universal religion. Our presence on the town council will give us the opportunity to express ourselves," said Ahrouch, who refuses to shake hands or make eye contact with females in public.
This is just fear mongering. There's a much greater danger of Belgium splitting into two countries along linguistic lines than there is of Sharia law taking over.

Look at the date on that article: it's four years old. Suffice it to say, this guy's Islamic revolution is never happening.

Time-Immemorial
The date proves everythinglaughing out loud

Oh its fear mongering?

Interesting, the city was just bombed by ISIS, the leading state of Sharia Law.

Omega Vision
Oh its not?

Interesting, the city was just bombed by ISIS, the leading state of Sharia Law.
A terrorist attack doesn't equal an Islamic revolution, now you're just talking nonsense. Besides, if you actually understood that article you'd know that that MP and his party were going to try to use legislation to promote Islam in the government. Crazy and backward an idea as it is, it isn't the same as blowing people up.

It is fear mongering because you're trying to use the recent terrorist attack to make it seem like Muslims are taking over Belgium. You should be ashamed of yourself for using this incident to promote your prejudice.

Time-Immemorial
A terrorist attack doesn't equal an Islamic revolution, now you're just talking nonsense. Besides, if you actually understood that article you'd know that that MP and his party were going to try to use legislation to promote Islam in the government. Crazy and backward an idea as it is, it isn't the same as blowing people up.

It is fear mongering because you're trying to use the recent terrorist attack to make it seem like Muslims are taking over Belgium. You should be ashamed of yourself for using this incident to promote your prejudice.

Islam's goal is to take over Europe. I'm pretty sure they are accomplishing this rather effectively on their end.

They have a hold on some of the largest oil reserves.
No one can or will defeat them.
Now they are taking over the rest of Europe.

This is happening through using peoples soft hearts against them.

Omega Vision
Islam's goal is to take over Europe. I'm pretty sure they are accomplishing this rather effectively on their end
Islam isn't a hive mind. You're talking about Muslims as if they're the Borg.

If you want to respect the people who died in these tragedies and the nation of Belgium, please just stop.

Robtard
These attacks also seem to weaken their "take over", with the backlash against Islam as a whole

Time-Immemorial
Islam isn't a hive mind. You're talking about Muslims as if they're the Borg.

If you want to respect the people who died in these tragedies and the nation of Belgium, please just stop.

So wait this is about me, someone who is not ok with this. This is not about the problem or the people who died?

If you want to respect those people, then answer the following question.

Why did they bomb them?????? Everyone keeps apologizing for the problem. No one actually has a plan to fix it.

Destroy ISIS. Its that simple.

YET NO ONE WILL DO IT.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard
These attacks also seem to weaken their "take over", with the backlash against Islam as a whole

So they are doing more attacks and this is weakening them??

That goes against all comon sense or logic, it only proves one thing.

They are getting stronger.

This is the same group that Obama and everyone else said was the "JV Team."

They have not been contained or destroyed.

A promise Obama said he would do!

Robtard
So they are doing more attacks and this is weakening them??

That goes against all comon sense or logic, it only proves one thing.

They are getting stronger.

This is the same group that Obama and everyone else said was the "JV Team."

They have not been contained or destroyed.

A promise Obama said he would do!

That comment was in regards to you claiming Islam is taking over Europe (if such a thing is possible for a group like ISIS to do)

Bombings that cause people to blanket all Muslim as terrorist and strengthen public prejudice against Muslims/Islam won't do that.

The bombs/attacks are there because ISIS wants the West to by-and-large openly hate on Muslims/Islam, as to create a Us/Them environment. The mentality you have against Muslims/Islam, is what ISIS wants to ingrain in Westerners.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Robtard

Bombings that cause people to blanket all Muslim as terrorist and strengthen public prejudice against Muslims/Islam won't do that.

A belief that believes in suicide bombings and holy wars has no problem conducting this kind of pscy-ops against its enemy.

FinalAnswer
A belief that believes in suicide bombings and holy wars has no problem conducting this kind of pscy-ops against its enemy.

Suicide bombing is against traditional Muslim beliefs tho.

Time-Immemorial
Suicide bombing is against traditional Muslim beliefs tho.

Actually that not entirely true.

Suicide is forbidden, but killing, and having yourself be the cause of death against the infidels, you go straight to heaven.

Robtard

Suicide is forbidden, but killing, and having yourself be the cause of death against the infidels, you go straight to heaven.

Citation needed:

Time-Immemorial
I'm curious though, since when did anyone follow all the rules written in the scripture. Since when did believing in any religion make you perfect.

FinalAnswer

confused

Time-Immemorial
As posted above...

I'm curious though, since when did anyone follow all the rules written in the scripture. Since when did believing in any religion make you perfect.

Time-Immemorial
Never fear!

A renewed commitment, without any plan on defeating ISIS. With 9 months left in office.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/03/23/obama-lands-argentina/82151328/

Oh and here is a big one.

ISIS DID IT.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brussels-attacks-isis-claims-responsibility-deadly-bombings-airport-subway/

Time-Immemorial
DP

Time-Immemorial
Brussels knew about this before.

Brussels attacks: suicide bomber was known militant deported from Turkey to Europe, president says

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/12202656/Brussels-bombing-Belgium-terrorist-attacks-Isil-live.html

jaden101

Why did they bomb them?????? Everyone keeps apologizing for the problem. No one actually has a plan to fix it.

Destroy ISIS. Its that simple.

YET NO ONE WILL DO IT.

That's not a plan. That's a goal. The plan is what you will do to achieve that goal.

So...What's your plan?

Time-Immemorial
Destroy ISIS, its really not that complicated.

jaden101
Again; that's not a plan.

If you were the coach of a team would you go into a game with the sole preparation and planning being shouting at the top of your voice at your team "WIN THE GAME" and then just let your players run around randomly with no tactics planned out?

Time-Immemorial
Nice try but it wont work. I know what you are trying to do.

jaden101
Nice try but it wont work. I know what you are trying to do.

I'm trying to get you to state a feasible plan.

Time-Immemorial
Im not falling for this.

jaden101
Falling for what?

You're forever going on about there being no plan.

Gimme a plan. Any plan.

Time-Immemorial
If I give you a plan you will just dissect it and act like you are a great military commander and say it wont work.

jaden101
I promise I won't say a word.

Time-Immemorial
Invade, destroy. Set up a two state solution.

KidRock
Originally posted by jaden101
Falling for what?

You're forever going on about there being no plan.

Gimme a plan. Any plan.

Carpet bomb every ISIS stronghold into dust, use a multi-national force to close off every border around Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and a couple other ME countries. Use air patrols to bomb anyone trying to sneak over the border.

How do you beat cancer? You stop it from spreading, then you shrink it down as much as possible until it's destroyed.

jaden101
Ok. That's definitely part of a plan.

Using your cancer analogy. Hasn't it already spread? Libya, Nigeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Burkina Faso, Niger. Not to mention that most attacks in Europe were by so-called home grown terrorists. There's even been 7 ISIS inspired attacks in the US

How about funding, communication and ideology?

How would you tackle those aspects?

Time-Immemorial

Using your cancer analogy. Hasn't it already spread? Libya, Nigeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Burkina Faso, Niger. Not to mention that most attacks in Europe were by so-called home grown terrorists. There's even been 7 ISIS inspired attacks in the US

Oh yea, so lets let them continue to grow. DO you know anything about ISIS or the land they hold and what it means?

ISIS is the truest form of Islam, and if they hold land, they are considered legitimate in the eyes of the Koran, and people will continue to flock to them and be inspired until we take their land.

jaden101
So you can take the "state" away from Islamic State. That I agree with. Does that eliminate the threat? We took Afghanistan away from Al Qaeda but they increased their capability until we started seizing financial assets and removing their primary fundraisers.

It's xyz!
Destroy ISIS, its really not that complicated. Or we could tell the politicians to stop selling them guns and rescuing refugees.

Time-Immemorial

Stigma
Damn that sucks.
Yeah. I hope death penalty will be reinstalled in the nearest future.

Currently 61% of Poles are for death penalty, and as the terrorist attacks conducted by radical Muslims are going to roam Europe, I foresee these numbers going higher.

On the other hand, death penalty is at odds with the EU law, thus either change the EU law first or the dissolution of the EU will take care of that problem.

Stigma
This is fresh info related to the terrorist attack. I'll translate:

http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/swiat/belgia-alarmy-bombowe-w-antwerpii-i-leuven/mk0kyf

Two bomb alerts in Belgium

In a nutshell:

First bomb threat was identified in Antwerp, possible bomb found at a bus stop on Sale Street around 8 a.m. today.

After 9 a.m. second bomb threat in Leuven, a city about 25 kilometres from Brussels. Possible bomb found at a train station, later the alarm was identified as false.

Stigma

Time-Immemorial
Oh you mean to tell me it's not just the radicals that are crazy and mentally ill, it's all of them?

Stigma
It seems that those children were brainwashed by the Muslim terrorist views (probably at home), so yeah, it's a much larger group than many may assume.

Time-Immemorial
Six arrests underway in Brussels related to the bombings in Brussels.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/mar/25/brussels-attacks-arrests-belgian-police-raids-live

Time-Immemorial
12 Americans Injured

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/American-Victims-Killed-Wounded-Brussels-Belgium-Terror-Attacks-373090401.html

KidRock
So you can take the "state" away from Islamic State. That I agree with. Does that eliminate the threat? We took Afghanistan away from Al Qaeda but they increased their capability until we started seizing financial assets and removing their primary fundraisers.

The point is, it's a start..it's doing something to stop the spread and the problem.

If my bedroom is on fire, and it spreads to the bathroom, I don't just say, "Well that's that" I stop it before the whole house burns down.

Unfortunately, Saudi's fund ISIS, along with the US (indirectly) so cutting off their funding is a bit of a problem.

Time-Immemorial
Most of these people love the migration who live in Europe would never take in refugees, they just want everyone else to be ok with it.

Same with ISIS. Thought process is now from Obama is, hand up and dont do anything, and just "ignore it."

While calling them "weak"

Time-Immemorial

Time-Immemorial
Muslim woman rips up Israeli flag at Brussels memorial.

http://www.jpost.com/International/VIDEO-Muslim-woman-rips-up-Israeli-flag-at-Brussels-makeshift-memorial-449080

Stigma
Damn, if terrorists plan to bomb nuclear power plants.... then the sh*t just got real.

France has 58 operating nuclear power plants, a few more are in Germany, the UK and some smaller EU countries like the Netherlands or Slovakia. Very bad news if terrorists target those plants.

Ushgarak
That's not news- they've always wanted to do that. The point is they can't; the security is too good. That's why they only hit open public areas.

(Not to mention that it's incredibly unlikely they'd even know how to blow up a nuclear plant in a particularly dangerous manner)

Stigma
That's not news- they've always wanted to do that. The point is they can't; the security is too good. That's why they only hit open public areas.

(Not to mention that it's incredibly unlikely they'd even know how to blow up a nuclear plant in a particularly dangerous manner)
Perhaps. Although I'm always of opinion not to underestimate the terrorists and prepare for the worst. Hopefully it's like you said.

Ushgarak
It's not underestimation of any sort- it's entirely based on what we see and know of them. All they have is relatively small bombs (enough to kill people at point blank range- nasty enough but no threat to anything major) and virtually no technical skills.

In fact, probably the only dangerous thing a terrorist could do with a nuclear plant is turn it off and try and wait for a meltdown. But this assumes they can take total control of the plant and subvert all security, and as the meltdown can take days, it's a pretty crappy plot.

Stigma
It's not underestimation of any sort- it's entirely based on what we see and know of them. All they have is relatively small bombs (enough to kill people at point blank range- nasty enough but no threat to anything major) and virtually no technical skills.

In fact, probably the only dangerous thing a terrorist could do with a nuclear plant is turn it off and try and wait for a meltdown. But this assumes they can take total control of the plant and subvert all security, and as the meltdown can take days, it's a pretty crappy plot.
The way you put it sounds plausible.

I was also thinking about someone working with the terrorists from the within or perhaps they will indeed be able to seize control of a nuclear plant for some time on their own, perhaps in countries with *weaker* Intelligence Agencies.

Ushgarak
The thing is, they can't really manage complex plots like that- too many links where it can go wrong, too many things to go wrong on the day.

They've been talking about this incident as if it was some masterpiece of planning, but that's a relative judgement. All they did was walk into crowded places and hit the explode button. The pre-planning was no more complex than arranging to meet your friends somewhere- which admittedly can easily go wrong, but it;s hardly a megatriumph when it goes right. They speak about the airport bomb allowing the second bomber to move on to his target without being stopped as if this was some Machiavellian piece of brilliance, but it's all just really basic and banal.

That's about all they can manage. I mean, did you see Abdeslam's escape plan after Paris? He called some Belgian friends of his and asked to be picked up. He didn't even plan it. If they'd been out, he'd have been screwed. If they had said no, he'd have been screwed. If any of the many police checkpoints that stopped them had been doing their job, he'd have been screwed. It was a terrible escape plan. They're relying on getting lucky all the time.

They basically can't plan, so they can't hit anything big. So they go for the soft targets.

Time-Immemorial
The way you put it sounds plausible.

I was also thinking about someone working with the terrorists from the within or perhaps they will indeed be able to seize control of a nuclear plant for some time on their own, perhaps in countries with *weaker* Intelligence Agencies.

Every time a terrorist attack happens people down play it and say it can never happen. It keeps happening.

The moment you under estimate the enemy is the day they attack and get stronger.

There are no go spots in UK where police are afraid to go. This is only going to worse until the world wakes up. This is not the first and it surely is not the last.

AlmightyKfish
Yeah there really aren't no go spots here the police are afraid of. Trump or someone claimed that up a while ago and the head of the Metropolitan police shot it down as idiocy.

Ushgarak
Every time a terrorist attack happens people down play it and say it can never happen. It keeps happening.

The moment you under estimate the enemy is the day they attack and get stronger.

There are no go spots in UK where police are afraid to go. This is only going to worse until the world wakes up. This is not the first and it surely is not the last.

Three statements, each of which is outright untrue. The middle one might have been relevant if anyone was doing that, but they aren't.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Yeah there really aren't no go spots here the police are afraid of. Trump or someone claimed that up a while ago and the head of the Metropolitan police shot it down as idiocy.
Problematic that TI apparently gets his information on foreign countries from Donald Trump.

Surtur
Saw this morning that two american siblings were killed in the attacks.

Time-Immemorial
Problematic that TI apparently gets his information on foreign countries from Donald Trump.

Baseless and idiotic claim with zero proof.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Bhahahahahahahahahaha, I guess everyone is lying but you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3352406/Scotland-Yard-mocks-Trump-s-claims-London-police-terrified-Muslim-areas-officers-claim-tycoon-RIGHT.html#ixzz3tqrtjF3R

Time-Immemorial
Oh look there is no go zones in brusseles as well, where the gunmen in Paris where form. Molenbeek.

Europe Police work is trash

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-terror-attacks-visiting-molenbeek-the-police-no-go-zone-that-was-home-to-two-of-the-gunmen-a6735551.html

Bardock42
Oh look there is no go zones in brusseles as well, where the gunmen in Paris where form. Molenbeek.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-terror-attacks-visiting-molenbeek-the-police-no-go-zone-that-was-home-to-two-of-the-gunmen-a6735551.html

From the article:

So there are no official no-go zones in Belgium. The guy then goes on to suggest that there may be places police don't generally go, but how much that is just his opinion we don't know.

However many parts in the article suggest that police do go into Molenbeek:

TLDR:There are no no-go zones in Belgium

Ushgarak
Bhahahahahahahahahaha, I guess everyone is lying but you.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3352406/Scotland-Yard-mocks-Trump-s-claims-London-police-terrified-Muslim-areas-officers-claim-tycoon-RIGHT.html#ixzz3tqrtjF3R

No, you are wrong, and that article does nothing to say there are no-go areas. They do not exist.

If there ever are areas police in London are wary to enter, it's never because of some religious takeover- it's in periods of poverty/gang related unrest.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Bardock42
From the article:

So there are no official no-go zones in Belgium. The guy then goes on to suggest that there may be places police don't generally go, but how much that is just his opinion we don't know.

However many parts in the article suggest that police do go into Molenbeek:

TLDR:There are no no-go zones in Belgium

Incorrect, it says right there their are no go places. Meaning the police don't go their in fear of their survival.

Time-Immemorial
More on the No Go places

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5177/no-go-zones-britain

"A recent study by the think tank Demos found that native white Britons are increasingly abandoning parts of the country where Muslim immigrants have become the majority of the population. Demos wrote:

"In these areas, departing white British are replaced by immigration or by the natural growth of the minority population. Over time, the end result of this process is a spiral of white British demographic decline."

More white genocide for diversity with the "religion of peace."

jaden101
More on the No Go places

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5177/no-go-zones-britain

"A recent study by the think tank Demos found that native white Britons are increasingly abandoning parts of the country where Muslim immigrants have become the majority of the population. Demos wrote:

"In these areas, departing white British are replaced by immigration or by the natural growth of the minority population. Over time, the end result of this process is a spiral of white British demographic decline."

More white genocide for diversity with the "religion of peace."

Some facts. At the last census the uk Muslim population was 2.4%

There is only 1 city in Britain where the Muslim population is above 25% and that's Blackburn. There are none above 50%

There was only 1 constituency at the last election where whites were a minority (tower hamlets in London) and even then it was still 47% white. Tower Hamlets also has the highest proportion of Muslims anywhere in the uk and they're still outnumbered by non muslims

So no. There is no "no-go" areas for white people or police in Britain.

The idea is sheer nonsense.

Time-Immemorial
I posted multiple sources all correlate the same thing. They are all lying?

Robtard
Edit: Never mind, you were specifically referring to that study

FinalAnswer
Incorrect, it says right there their are no go places. Meaning the police don't go their in fear of their survival.

5eBT6OSr1TI

jaden101

I can't speak to the non UK ones but those ones are patently false, yes.

It's xyz!
Does the word possible have to be in the title?

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

It's xyz!
With regard to lots of Muslims in the uk, yes there are a lot, and yes they have their ghettos and yes they are scum.

But you know what? They'll end up destroying themselves while whites live in posh rural areas.

It's kind of sad that were used to it, but college liberals constantly talk about how not all Muslims are terrorists and trying to explain to them that it's the terrorists we need to keep out is just not worth it anymore.

They read the guardian thinking its sensible just because it downplays terror. I stopped reading the guardian the second it spoke well of miliband.

Now I just wish people would understand that when Syrians start killing each other, it's probably not a good idea to let them in the country.

Time-Immemorial
Not all Muslims are terrorists but All Jihadi's are Muslim.

I agree with everything you said.

It's xyz!
5eBT6OSr1TI

Ushgarak

You never check your sources is the problem.

Take the second one you posted. Did you actually check to see if it actually had any evidence, anywhere, of what you were saying, or was it just a bunch of people saying it- which is no better than some random saying it.

Take the data points. That Demos study with withdrawn (you'll see the link is dead). Your 'source' says that whites are a minority in Leicester. That's just idiocy- you're not a minority if you are by far the largest group (and incidentally, the Muslim population there is about 5%; the largest minority influence there is Indian Hindus).

So, yes, your sources are crap, and the phenomenon you refer to does not exist.

Stigma

Time-Immemorial
You never check your sources is the problem.

Take the second one you posted. Did you actually check to see if it actually had any evidence, anywhere, of what you were saying, or was it just a bunch of people saying it- which is no better than some random saying it.

Take the data points. That Demos study with withdrawn (you'll see the link is dead). Your 'source' says that whites are a minority in Leicester. That's just idiocy- you're not a minority if you are by far the largest group (and incidentally, the Muslim population there is about 5%; the largest minority influence there is Indian Hindus).

So, yes, your sources are crap, and the phenomenon you refer to does not exist.

Apparently I was correct, from what Stigma posted. Thanks for trying though.

Thanks Stigma.

Time-Immemorial
3 More Terrorists charged in Belgium

http://abcnews.go.com/International/brussels-anti-terror-raids-continue-police-make-arrests/story?id=37947557

Ushgarak
Apparently I was correct, from what Stigma posted. Thanks for trying though.

Thanks Stigma.

Apparently again you can't be bothered to read anything, as Stigma was not talking about the UK as your sources were- and in any case, Stigma is just posting more nonsense theorising from the same crappy thinktank you were using.

Are you ever going to start using your brain in debates? Are you ever going to do people the courtesy of actually taking care to check things and read posts properly. All you ever seem to do is propagandise rather than engage and then try to crow over flase victories in a way that is simply trollish.

You've had enough warnings for your poor interactions with others. I've told you before your behaviour just improve. You're out of warnings now- it's a ban next time I see you acting this way.

Take oart in debates properly or stay out.

Stigma
Apparently again you can't be bothered to read anything, as Stigma was not talking about the UK as your sources were- and in any case, Stigma is just posting more nonsense theorising from the same crappy thinktank you were using.
Why do you thnk that think tank is crap?

Ushgarak
Covered above when TI posted them as a source. They're clearly appalling- they're just throwing out statements with no backup.

Time-Immemorial

Time-Immemorial
And here is my original post talking about Brussels having no go zones. Nothing here is talking about the UK. ITs talking about Brussels where the actual attacks came from.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>