Strongest DBZ character vs Boros

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who is the strongest DBZ character Boros can beat one on one?

Estacado
Id say anyone below 1st form Frieza pretty easily.

His hex regen powers would keep him in the game plus that knee to the moon is nasty move.

NewGuy01
He's physically above a lot of guys whose energy attacks dwarf his.

Estacado
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He's physically above a lot of guys whose energy attacks dwarf his.
thumb up
Gotta agree on that we have never seen anyone in DBZ punch or kick someone from 1 planet to another.

It mostly concetrates on energy feats and not striking ones those are pretty unimpressive imo.

Save Beerus vs Champa and Beerus vs Goku.

NewGuy01
It's exactly why I have a hard time with DBZ crossover fights. Their energy attacks and physical prowess are so unbalanced...

carver9
Kid Goku was throwing beings cloud height with ease. I have no doubts that adult Goku could throw someone a lot farther than that. Hell, the Anime had Ginyu tossing beings out of orbit effortlessly.

https://youtu.be/mNQ_M2jgf8k

StiltmanFTW
Power levels in the original DB anime were already pretty damn high, yeah. It gets often forgotten.

In Z, beings like Superman are getting lol'd at.

carver9
Pretty much. Especially when you have Goku during his kid days tanking attacks that would be a high end ft for a Herald. Piccolo/Junior ending blast against Goku and Goku enduring it (at a power level of 300) was hellava crazy.

StiltmanFTW
I loved that Junior version of Piccolo used every ki attack at his disposal against Goku.

He had some pretty awesome ones. Kamehameha-like beams, AoE beams, piercing beam from the mouth, etc...

It's a shame that he started just spamming Makankosappo later in the series (esp. in the movies) sad

carver9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I loved that Junior version of Piccolo used every ki attack at his disposal against Goku.

He had some pretty awesome ones. Kamehameha-like beams, AoE beams, piercing beam from the mouth, etc...

It's a shame that he started just spamming Makankosappo later in the series (esp. in the movies) sad

Yep. They rarely if ever use their tactics anymore. Look at all the things Roshi did in his fight against Goku.

Estacado
Originally posted by carver9
Kid Goku was throwing beings cloud height with ease. I have no doubts that adult Goku could throw someone a lot farther than that. Hell, the Anime had Ginyu tossing beings out of orbit effortlessly.

https://youtu.be/mNQ_M2jgf8k
Wouldnt say that was out of orbit.....ermm

carver9
hhhhmmm

SSJGGogeta
Why is this so hard for people to understand? The Z-fighters don't magically lack physical strength. They can use their ki to augment their physical attributes, like strength, speed, durability, etc. But they RARELY ever need to amp their strength to lift something. Hell, the one time that happened was in the anime, when Cell stopped a planet sized asteroid with one hand.

Why do you think they can bat away planet+ busting attacks with one hand? Unless they can strike with similar force, they wouldn't be able to budge the attacks. Even during the Frieza saga, we see near planet level striking power.

Which is why the Super characters are planet busting on ACCIDENT with their punches and kicks, and Goku and Beerus clashing produces enough force to universe bust.

@ the thread: Boros is presumably around Saiyan saga Vegeta. And that's being extremely generous, so his regeneration shouldn't make a big difference.

NewGuy01
The problem is, Super is the first time we see physical strength on that level; and solar systems don't even register as a blip compared to a universe, much less planets. Physical feats in DB have always massively lagged behind Ki feats.

danteiscool
Not really, more along the lines of being rather subtle and never really taken into consideration given the flashiness of energy attacks.

Like SSJGGogeta said, it takes strength of an equal or even greater level to swat aside energy attacks that can blow up planets and the likes. Plus the mere fact that characters who can survive planet+ (and onwards) busting blasts can still be heavily damaged and even KOed/killed by physical blows.

NewGuy01
Yeah, I know, my issue is with Akira and those working with him having no sense of scale. It's the primary source of confusion in these DB crossover debates, because unlike Ki control which can be explained, strength is strength. A blow with the force equivalent of an exploding star isn't just going to crack stone on impact, but it does anyway.

The implication of their strength is there, but their feats are complete shit.

Jmanghan
We serious rn?

His strongest attack was only able to destroy the world.

Something Frieza was capable of doing.

It's xyz!
It's no surprise Toriyama a added them after Frieza. Master Roshi blew up the moon at 130 and super saiyan Goku was at 15,000,000
Surely at that power he could destroy the sun?! Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Power levels in the original DB anime were already pretty damn high, yeah. It gets often forgotten.

In Z, beings like Superman are getting lol'd at.

EmperorThanos
Frieza should win. He is only weaker in terms of striking but has the advantage everywhere else

NewGuy01
Originally posted by It's xyz!
It's no surprise Toriyama a added them after Frieza. Master Roshi blew up the moon at 130 and super saiyan Goku was at 15,000,000
Surely at that power he could destroy the sun?!

And yet EoZ Goku and Vegeta at SSJ1 had no way of stopping a blast with enough energy to destroy "10 earths." And their power levels at that point should have been in the billions, or approaching that.

Galan007
Originally posted by It's xyz!
and super saiyan Goku was at 15,000,000 *150,000,000

And yet EoZ Goku and Vegeta at SSJ1 had no way of stopping a blast with enough energy to destroy "10 earths." Anime filler line. The canon manga dialogue doesn't mention anything about '10 earths' or whathaveyou:
http://i.imgur.com/UIYqLhA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ShOdBe2.jpg

SSJGGogeta
Yeah, I know, my issue is with Akira and those working with him having no sense of scale. It's the primary source of confusion in these DB crossover debates, because unlike Ki control which can be explained, strength is strength. A blow with the force equivalent of an exploding star isn't just going to crack stone on impact, but it does anyway.

The implication of their strength is there, but their feats are complete shit.

A punch thrown with the force of an exploding star is going to cause a chain reaction of atomic explosions that destroy the solar system. The difference in DBZ is that the characters can control their ki to stop from destroying the environment around them. This has been a major plot point since Dragon Ball, when Roshi was pretending to be Jackie Chun. Even novices like Goten and Trunks know this, and refrain from destroying the solar system with their Super Saiyan energy blasts.

What you're saying is like me claiming that the Flash's infinite mass punch has less force than a punch thrown by Tyson; It's not that he CAN'T destroy the planet with said punch, it's that it's not his GOAL to do so. If the Flash is trying to defend Earth, by killing a badguy threatening it, then what's the point if he blows up Earth himself? He directs his attack at his target, just like the Z-fighters do. Why do you think Superman and Doomsday didn't destroy Earth when they were fighting? If I'm in a fight, and I punch someone in the face, it doesn't magically break everything in the vicinity that isn't sufficiently durable to withstand said punch. You can't compare the scale of these though. This is a cartoon, but the same logic applies, even if the physics are different.

And yet EoZ Goku and Vegeta at SSJ1 had no way of stopping a blast with enough energy to destroy "10 earths." And their power levels at that point should have been in the billions, or approaching that.

Come on, NewGuy, using non-canon filler dubbing-errors? You're better than that. erm

NewGuy01
I keep getting them mixed up!crybaby

SSJGGogeta
I keep getting them mixed up!crybaby

It's okay, we forgive you. hug

As long as you stop trying to downplay the phuck outta DB... glare

cdtm
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
It's okay, we forgive you. hug

As long as you stop trying to downplay the phuck outta DB... glare

Agreed.

Stop downplaying DB, Newguy. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/pile.gif

The Merchant
Boros can beat 23rd budokai Goku since even though 23rd Budokai Goku has more power than Boros his super KHH can shatter the Moon and scales from Roshi his speed is lacking. Raditz era Goku and Piccolo and above one shot him however.

As for the physical strength thing mentioned earlier there are characters in DB who laugh off energy blasts that can destroy a planet with no damage but a punch from a stronger opponent they can get wrecked by.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by The Merchant
Boros can beat 23rd budokai Goku since even though 23rd Budokai Goku has more power than Boros his super KHH can shatter the Moon and scales from Roshi his speed is lacking. Raditz era Goku and Piccolo and above one shot him however.

As for the physical strength thing mentioned earlier there are characters in DB who laugh off energy blasts that can destroy a planet with no damage but a punch from a stronger opponent they can get wrecked by.

thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.