Wonder Woman Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Wonder Woman has her shield, lasso, and shield.

http://i65.tinypic.com/21m9avt.jpg

vs

http://i63.tinypic.com/2mevbiw.jpg

juggernaut74
Wonder Woman is cooler.

Zack Fair
Thor has better hair. Therefor he wins.

Inhuman
Ends in sex

TH3_V01D
She goes MGR Raiden mode on Thor with her sword, Wondy would gut him like a fish, she actually showed skill unlike Thor.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Inhuman
Ends in sex / Thread

relentless1
Wonder Woman, she was able to chop Doomsday, shed chop Thor too, the only thing that may stand in her way is durability; even tho she took a couple shot from Doomsday, they were blocked by here shield but she's DID have a smile on her face as if she was enjoying the challenge so maybe she wasn't in over her head and COULD tank a direct blow from DD, hard to say for sure.

Khazra Reborn
Diana didn't have enough screen time to judge how she'd stack up against someone like Thor.

We know her sword would be able to cut him, but as of now Thor has way better showings of power and skill.

Thor ftw.

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
Wonder Woman, she was able to chop Doomsday, shed chop Thor too, the only thing that may stand in her way is durability; even tho she took a couple shot from Doomsday, they were blocked by here shield but she's DID have a smile on her face as if she was enjoying the challenge so maybe she wasn't in over her head and COULD tank a direct blow from DD, hard to say for sure.

Doomsday wasn't as skilled as Thor, nor did he have a weapon he could block with.

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by Silent Master
Doomsday wasn't as skilled as Thor, nor did he have a weapon he could block with.

Doomsday doesnt need to be skilled becuase his stats completly outclass Thor or any MCU villain to date

He would rip Thor in half

Silent Master
Originally posted by TH3_V01D
Doomsday doesnt need to be skilled becuase his stats completly outclass Thor or any MCU villain to date

He would rip Thor in half

I'm glad that you agree with me about Thor being more skilled.

Zack M
How skilled is Thor compared to WW?

TethAdamTheRock
Wonder Woman is far stronger

Silent Master
Originally posted by Zack M
How skilled is Thor compared to WW?

Right now Thor has the edge, but that might change after her solo movie.

carthage
Close fight

Arachnid1
Ends in sex It's been a long time since I've seen this

You make me proud

BruceSkywalker
Thor wahcks that biatch up

quanchi112
Originally posted by TH3_V01D

He would rip Thor in half Thor puts the hammer on DD's chest and laughs. Marvel is superior.

carver9
Wonder Woman did have a prolong fight against Doomsday and she was also hit a couple of times by him. Her bracers attack was nasty as well. Crazy durability showings, high end strength... the girl is a monster. I dont know if Thor would've done as good against Doomsday as she did.

playa1258
Diana wins 8/10. Thor is the only Avenger with a chance.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Diana wins 8/10. Thor is the only Avenger with a chance. Based on ? She needed help against a foe without skill. Based off what does she take out Thor ? Quit being biased.

playa1258
You are the one being biased. You can't give a DC character any credit.

Psychotron
Ends in sex

Nah, Thor's too good-looking for this slag. She probably wins the fight though.

carver9
You are the one being biased. You can't give a DC character any credit.

You're pretty biased bro. All of your posts shows it.

quanchi112
You are the one being biased. You can't give a DC character any credit. Incorrect you are saying she defeats Thor who has far greater skill and power showings just because WW with help injured DD which was insignicant anyways.

playa1258
Diana has the tools to wins this.

quanchi112
Diana has the tools to wins this. Based on ?

Zack M
Diana has the tools to wins this.

Most definitely.

playa1258
Sword, brackets,shield,lasso.

The physical power to win.

Silent Master
Of course she can win, but for now I still give Thor the majority.

playa1258
Only way Thor gets a majority is by setting the hammer on her. Assuming she is not worthy in the first place.

Silent Master
Or by hitting her with it.

playa1258
She has the skill and equipment to limit that.

Silent Master
And he has the skill and abilities to circumvent her defenses. Remember, I'm not saying it's a stomp, I'm just saying that for now Thor has the edge.

WW is actually one of my favorite characters and I'm hoping her solo movie is better than BvS, though that shouldn't be too hard.

playa1258
It's going to be, same with Suicide Squad.

Can't get any lower.

Silent Master
It's going to be, same with Suicide Squad.

Can't get any lower.

Catwoman says hello.

Arachnid1
Diana wins this without too much struggle.

playa1258
Catwoman says hello. Not DCEU. I never watched that trash.

carthage
Thor will totally tag her even though she's faster, can deflect Mjolnir with her shield, and absorb his AOE blasts with her gauntlets.

FrothByte
There's no evidence she's faster. We can assume she's stronger based on her jumping strength. She might be more durable, though I don't think she ever took a full hit from Doomsday. Mostly she deflected them with shield and bracers.

For now, Thor still has way better skill showings and higher power output. I give Thor the majority. Might change my mind once we see more of WW.

P.S. - WW was the best thing in BvS. Probably the only good thing in that movie.

Psychotron
Originally posted by FrothByte
P.S. - WW was the best thing in BvS. Probably the only good thing in that movie.

Dude, what? She can't act.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron

Why? What scene did her acting fail at? Can you tell me what she did/didn't do that makes you think she can't act?

Psychotron
What scene did her acting fail at?

All of them. She had the same range as a T-800, her deliver was completely flat. The actress can barely speak English. The fight scenes were pretty bad too, a 100lb waif making tough faces just looks silly.

quanchi112
Why? What scene did her acting fail at? Can you tell me what she did/didn't do that makes you think she can't act? I agree she was the best thing in this film hence why it failed on so many levels.

Zack M
There's no evidence she's faster. We can assume she's stronger based on her jumping strength. She might be more durable, though I don't think she ever took a full hit from Doomsday. Mostly she deflected them with shield and bracers.

For now, Thor still has way better skill showings and higher power output. I give Thor the majority. Might change my mind once we see more of WW.

I wonder how her bracers will stack up to Thor's energy attacks.

Darth Thor
Thor wins. Mjolnir > Sword+Lasso.

Yeah the WW Solo movie could be horrendous.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M
I wonder how her bracers will stack up to Thor's energy attacks.

It would probably absorb the Lightning the way it absorbed Doomsday energy attacks.

However I doubt it'd have an answer to Thor's Tornado's/Hurricanes.

carver9
WW stomps

Khazra Reborn
What is Diana winning being based on? She has literally one feat, cutting Doomsday. We don't even know if she can fly, what if Thor heads skyward and gives her the Destroyer treatment?

TheVaultDweller
Going with Thor until WW gets more feats. The little we saw at the end of BvS is not enough to draw a proper conclusion about her capabilities IMO.

carver9
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
What is Diana winning being based on? She has literally one feat, cutting Doomsday. We don't even know if she can fly, what if Thor heads skyward and gives her the Destroyer treatment?

She was fighting him solo while Superman hinted for the knite. She held Doomsday in place with her Lasso until Superman got there. Withstood hits from him. Bracers knocked him back along with the heat vision. Sword lopping off limbs. Yeah, she stomps this.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by carver9
She was fighting him solo while Superman hinted for the knite. She held Doomsday in place with her Lasso until Superman got there. Withstood hits from him. Bracers knocked him back along with the heat vision. Sword lopping off limbs. Yeah, she stomps this.

Cool feat for her lasso. But dodging a few shots from a giant, doesn't equate to beating Thor. She still doesn't have enough.

Silent Master
Just because she'd beat the Hulk doesn't mean she'd beat Thor.

carver9
Cool feat for her lasso. But dodging a few shots from a giant, doesn't equate to beating Thor. She still doesn't have enough.

So I can hold Doomsday in place with the lasso? Think about it.

Dodging? Doomsday was bouncing her all across the field and she was still smiling at the Battle. She soloed him while Superman was gone and was lopping off limbs. That's more than enough. That showing alone proves that she would've done much better against Ultron....someone who Thor struggled against.

carver9
Just because she'd beat the Hulk doesn't mean she'd beat Thor.

Ok.

TheVaultDweller

You realise you are debating with the guy who once claimed that Thor was "damaged significantly" by his scuffle with Ultron Prime, during the Sokovia battle? Apparently having a reddish mark on your one cheek is significant damage now. Carver has massive butthurt against Thor because he knows that, while Hulk is physically stronger, Thor is more powerful overall.

carver9
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
You realise you are debating with the guy who once claimed that Thor was "damaged significantly" by his scuffle with Ultron Prime, during the Sokovia battle? Apparently having a reddish mark on your one cheek is significant damage now. Carver has massive butthurt against Thor because he knows that, while Hulk is physically stronger, Thor is more powerful overall.

I said that?

Khazra Reborn
So I can hold Doomsday in place with the lasso? Think about it.

Dodging? Doomsday was bouncing her all across the field and she was still smiling at the Battle. She soloed him while Superman was gone and was lopping off limbs. That's more than enough. That showing alone proves that she would've done much better against Ultron....someone who Thor struggled against.

Maybe, especially when you consider that most versions of the Lasso make the person captured do whatever Diana wants. Never mind the fact that Thor actually has legitimate feats of strength, where as Diana doesn't yet.

Cool man, based on all of Thor's durability feats, that's not exactly something that he'd be incapable of replicating, besides, Thor has WAY more options to beat Diana than Doomsday.

Thor never really seriously fought Ultron. She didn't solo shit, she fought DD briefly, she was never within sniffing distance of winning.

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
I said that?

Yes, you did.

Theres no way to deny what I just posted. That boulder wouldn't have even tickled Hulk. You can bring up blasts if you want...unknown level of blasts but that doesn't help anything here. Hell, Ultron slamming Thor through some buildings damaged him significantly.

carver9
Maybe, especially when you consider that most versions of the Lasso make the person captured do whatever Diana wants. Never mind the fact that Thor actually has legitimate feats of strength, where as Diana doesn't yet.

Cool man, based on all of Thor's durability feats, that's not exactly something that he'd be incapable of replicating, besides, Thor has WAY more options to beat Diana than Doomsday.

Thor never really seriously fought Ultron. She didn't solo shit, she fought DD briefly, she was never within sniffing distance of winning.

thumb up

So her pulling on the lasso and gaining leverage was pointless?

So he can hang with Doomsday? I honestly doubt it. To each his own.

WTF. So his showing against Ultron wasn't serious. Please explain why.

carver9
Yes, you did.

Lol...crazy you remember everything I say. Thor wasn't able to counter Ultron after that building smash but he wasn't significantly damaged.

TheVaultDweller
Don't flatter yourself. I don't take note of everything you say. I just tend to remember things I find particularly laughable.

Edit: I am not really trying to take a swipe at you, but even you have to admit that you occasionally say some suspect things in the heat of the moment, the previous post being an example.

Khazra Reborn
So her pulling on the lasso and gaining leverage was pointless?

So he can hang with Doomsday? I honestly doubt it. To each his own.

WTF. So his showing against Ultron wasn't serious. Please explain why.

In the way that Diana hung with Doomsday? Absolutely.

He wasn't trying to fight Ultron, he was stalling for Vision, or whoever it was

EDIT: Ok, hold on a second. I'm not one to usually bring cross thread shit up, but I was reading the the Hulk vs. Doomsday thread, and you think that Hulk would kill Doomsday. Yet, Thor who had a fight with Hulk, in closed in quarters while holding back, can't even hang with Doomsday, and then somehow by proxy loses to Wonder Woman? Please expound.

FrothByte
WW only held Doomsday with her lasso for a limited amount of time before Batman shot DD with his kryptonite canister and Superman jammed that spear into DD.

Arachnid1
WW stomps the shit out of Thor

FrothByte
WW seems to be stronger, but that's all we can really say about her. We don't know if she's more durable than Thor because most of the hits she took from Doomsday were either glancing hits or were blocked by bracers and shield.

We can't say she has better fighting ability because Doomsday wasn't exactly a skilled fighter, plus WW had help.

We also don't know if she can match Thor's power output. Her bracer blast was pretty awesome but I'm unsure if that's enough to match some of Thor's lightning and charged strikes.

Till we know more of WW, Thor simply has too many feats and too many advantages.

Arachnid1
Despite that, we know she can use the bracers to absorb large quantities of energy, so lightning is useless. Her sword could definitely peirce Thor if it can take a limb off of Doomsday, so any hit of hers connecting is going to be fatal for Thor. That sword is just too much of an advantage. I agree that her limits are a bit unknown, but a potential 1-hit kill weapon combined with what we've seen would definitely net her the win

FrothByte
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Despite that, we know she can use the bracers to absorb large quantities of energy, so lightning is useless. Her sword could definitely peirce Thor if it can take a limb off of Doomsday, so any hit of hers connecting is going to be fatal for Thor. That sword is just too much of an advantage. I agree that her limits are a bit unknown, but a potential 1-hit kill weapon combined with what we've seen would definitely net her the win

Only if she blocks the lightning. Thor has been shown to be able to fork his lightning. WW didn't easily take off DD's hand. She put effort into that. Thor has been stabbed with Gungir IIRC and was still fine. Thor also has armor. Calling WW's sword an insta kill weapon is a bit of an exaggeration methinks.

We can just as easily say that WW won't survive a full hit to the face from Mjolnir.

carver9
Sigh

Arachnid1
Only if she blocks the lightning. Thor has been shown to be able to fork his lightning. WW didn't easily take off DD's hand. She put effort into that. Thor has been stabbed with Gungir IIRC and was still fine. Thor also has armor. Calling WW's sword an insta kill weapon is a bit of an exaggeration methinks.

We can just as easily say that WW won't survive a full hit to the face from Mjolnir. Mjolnir and Gungir didn't take a limb off a being who tanked a nuke, reentry, and full on hits from Superman in one swipe. Not the same at all. If it can take a limb off of DD, it can definitely do the same or worse to Thor, armor or not.

And WWs bracers absorbed DDs AOE attack from all around her. It's not like he blasted her with heat vision from straight on. She should have no problem absorbing the lightning from whatever angle it comes from.

FrothByte
It wasn't an AOE attack. It was heat vision directed at Batman. The AOE blast she took on her shield. Thor has shown he can split his lightning and hit multiple targets like when he took out the leviathans. Unless you're claiming that WW can somehow draw all attacks into her bracers... which you'll have to prove.

Again, she didn't easily lop off DD's hand. If you really want to claim that her sword can one-shot someone of Thor's durability you'll have to prove it.

I have no problem thinking the sword can cut Thor. Just don't think it's some kind of lightsaber going through androids.

FrothByte

Arachnid1
It wasn't an AOE attack. It was heat vision directed at Batman. The AOE blast she took on her shield. Thor has shown he can split his lightning and hit multiple targets like when he took out the leviathans. Unless you're claiming that WW can somehow draw all attacks into her bracers... which you'll have to prove.

Again, she didn't easily lop off DD's hand. If you really want to claim that her sword can one-shot someone of Thor's durability you'll have to prove it. The first one I'll give you. I cant prove it until I rewatch the movie unless someone else chimes in, but I remember it being the AOE attack she saved Batman from that scene. If it was the heat vision, then she should still be able to block a pretty large angle by hiding behind the shield.

That burden of proof is on you for the second one though. If you're saying she cant take a limb or worse off Thor, you need to prove that Thor, even with his armor, is somehow more durable with that Doomsday despite DDs durability feats being the best on screen for any being in any superhero movie. I'd agree if he still had his Ultron feat of surviving the exploding city, but someone recently debunked that (which sucks since that was one of my favorite feats of his). If you can't, she can easily 1-hit kill Thor with it.

carver9
The first one I'll give you. I cant prove it until I rewatch the movie unless someone else chimes in, but I remember it being the AOE attack she saved Batman from that scene. If it was the heat vision, then she should still be able to block a pretty large angle by hiding behind the shield.

That burden of proof is on you for the second one though. If you're saying she cant take a limb or worse off Thor, you need to prove that Thor, even with his armor, is somehow more durable with that Doomsday despite DDs durability feats being the best on screen for any being in any superhero movie. I'd agree if he still had his Ultron feat of surviving the exploding city, but someone recently debunked that (which sucks since that was one of my favorite feats of his). If you can't, she can easily 1-hit kill Thor with it.

Loki stabbed Thor with a small blade...had him limp and holding his side. Wonder Woman sword would easily cut through him.

Robtard
While it's silly to assume WW's sword wouldn't hurt Thor, let us not overplay Thor being stabbed by Loki, it hurt him, yes, but he recovered quickly enough to put the beat-down on Loki to the point Loki had to flee or face a Thor that was no longer holding back because of family sentiment.

FrothByte
The first one I'll give you. I cant prove it until I rewatch the movie unless someone else chimes in, but I remember it being the AOE attack she saved Batman from that scene. If it was the heat vision, then she should still be able to block a pretty large angle by hiding behind the shield.

I'm not saying she can't cut or dismember Thor, I'm saying it won't be as easy as just landing 1 hit unless it's a ridiculously clean hit. Asgardians are bullet proof, Loki has survived the vacuum of space, Thor has multiple durability feats (don't know who debunked that Ultron feat - was it legit?), Thor has been stabbed by two weapons that hurt him but didn't seriously injure him. Thor has been one of the most durable superheroes we've had in recent years. You can't just say WW can one-shot him with her sword without backing that up with something. As I mentioned, WW struggled to cut DD's hand. She can probably cut his head off given a proper hit, but I doubt she can get a fatal hit with just one shot against his armor.

Did you know that it's easier to land a fatal shot with a stab than with a cut? You only need 4 ounces of pressure to land a fatal thrust on someone with a sharp sword. Pretty sure that's a lot less pressure than that needed to cut off someone's hand.

Of course, this is considering that WW can actually land a hit. Right now Thor has way more skill feats than WW.

carver9
Originally posted by Robtard
While it's silly to assume WW's sword wouldn't hurt Thor, let us not overplay Thor being stabbed by Loki, it hurt him, yes, but he recovered quickly enough to put the beat-down on Loki to the point Loki had to flee or face a Thor that was no longer holding back because of family sentiment.

Holding back? When was it said that he was holding back?

Robtard
Holding back? When was it said that he was holding back?

His speech about brotherhood, family and trying yet once again to get Loki to see the error of this ways through reason. Which coincidentally ended right after Loki sneak-stabs Thor and Thor immediately kicks Loki's ass and Loki has to flee. That.

9jqZQWuuaF8

You don't really think a hammer-less wounded Thor is more formidable than a Mjolnir wielding unwounded Thor, do you?

carver9
His speech about brotherhood, family and trying yet once again to get Loki to see the error of this ways through reason. Which coincidentally ended right after Loki sneak-stabs Thor and Thor immediately kicks Loki's ass and Loki has to flee. That.

WTF man. When has Thor ever not hold back.? The only time you all say he isn't holding back is when he does good. Nothing in that fight proves he was holding back and he hit Loki twice when he gained the advantage and Loki was ok afterwards. So again I ask, when did Thor actually not pull his punches? Was he holding back against Kurse?

Silent Master
WTF man. When has Thor ever not hold back.? The only time you all say he isn't holding back is when he does good. Nothing in that fight proves he was holding back and he hit Loki twice when he gained the advantage and Loki was ok afterwards. So again I ask, when did Thor actually not pull his punches? Was he holding back against Kurse?

You need to watch the movie.

CPT Space Bomb

9jqZQWuuaF8

You don't really think a hammer-less wounded Thor is more formidable than a Mjolnir wielding unwounded Thor, do you? Rob is right, you have to have some intelligence to not have to be told explicitly when someone is holding back. Thor has always tried to reason with Loki...he loves him as a brother.

Robtard
WTF man. When has Thor ever not hold back.? The only time you all say he isn't holding back is when he does good. Nothing in that fight proves he was holding back and he hit Loki twice when he gained the advantage and Loki was ok afterwards. So again I ask, when did Thor actually not pull his punches? Was he holding back against Kurse? Watch the scene I just posted and see how easily Thor puts Loki down after he's wounded and without his hammer.

Thor generally holds back when facing Loki, because of the family thing. Why would he hold back against Kurse? Not sure anyone's said Thor holds back against Kurse.

CPT Space Bomb
Watch the scene I just posted and see how easily Thor puts Loki down after he's wounded and without his hammer.

Thor generally holds back when facing Loki, because of the family thing. Why would he hold back against Kurse? Not sure anyone's said Thor holds back against Kurse. Yah, Thor got his ass kicked against Kurse. But that's not surprising seeing as Kurse is supposed to easily outmatch Thor. Only thing that stopped Kurse was a magic "Black Hole" grenade.

carver9
Watch the scene I just posted and see how easily Thor puts Loki down after he's wounded and without his hammer.

Thor generally holds back when facing Loki, because of the family thing. Why would he hold back against Kurse? Not sure anyone's said Thor holds back against Kurse.

Lol..so what I'm gathering is, he held back against Loki, Hulk, Ultron, Ironman...lol, am I missing someone?

carver9
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, Thor got his ass kicked against Kurse. But that's not surprising seeing as Kurse is supposed to easily outmatch Thor. Only thing that stopped Kurse was a magic "Black Hole" grenade.

I say he held back against Kurse.

Robtard
Since "Thor" it's pretty much been depicted that Thor could wipe the floor with Loki if he wanted, even when Loki has powerful weapons at his disposal (Gungir, mind-scepter) Thor is still superior.

Even Loki knows this when he causally states Thor's power regarding how Thor could have kicked every Frost Giants ******* in.

CPT Space Bomb
Lol..so what I'm gathering is, he held back against Loki, Hulk, Ultron, Ironman...lol, am I missing someone? Nope, that's about it. Think about it. Think about What Thor's top feats are, and what he can do. Destroyer armor is above any of the people you listed, so Thor displayed more of his powers. Sure, the Ultron plan he had with Vision seemed a bit dumb (it was a setup for the audience to appreciate Vision more), but the rest are legit. Thor isn't going to kill any of those guys. He can't "Cut loose".

As far as Kurse? He wasn't holding back he just got caught by surprise. He had no idea how powerful Kurse was. For Kurse to casually swat Mjolnir traveling at full speed when Hulk couldn't even lift it off the ground...let that sink in there Carver.

Robtard
Lol..so what I'm gathering is, he held back against Loki, Hulk, Ultron, Ironman...lol, am I missing someone?

Bro, my advice to you is to rewatch the films:

-Loki's his brother and he generally hold back because of that bond. But by the events of Thor: The Dark World, Thor seems to not be so lenient anymore, but that changes again mid-film, we'll see how Thor handles Loki killing their father in Thor: Ragnarok

-Hulk was his teammate and going all out would have risked destroying the hellicarrier and killing everyone

-Ironman he knew was a "mortal" and we see Thor being dismissive to Tony at the being

-Ultron he held back at the end due to plot-device. We literally see/hear Thor comment that he was just stalling Ultron long enough for Tony to do his thing

The one person he outright tried to kill when he lost his temper was Captain America, if it wasn't for Cap's shield being vibranium and deflecting the energy of the blow, Cap would have been a pancake, but that was more or less a scene to illustrate Thor's power and what Cap's shield can do with said power

CPT Space Bomb
Also, regarding Ultron. Keep in mind this was Ultron at his most powerful. The only person to fight him was Thor. Vision cheap shotted him (due to the plan with Thor).

Hulk was only able to damage Ulron after he got triple teamed by Thor, Vision and Iron Man going full energy blast on him. The fight with Thor was to legitimize Ultron's physical power before he got melted.

Arachnid1
I'm not saying she can't cut or dismember Thor, I'm saying it won't be as easy as just landing 1 hit unless it's a ridiculously clean hit. Asgardians are bullet proof, Loki has survived the vacuum of space, Thor has multiple durability feats (don't know who debunked that Ultron feat - was it legit?), Thor has been stabbed by two weapons that hurt him but didn't seriously injure him. Thor has been one of the most durable superheroes we've had in recent years. You can't just say WW can one-shot him with her sword without backing that up with something. As I mentioned, WW struggled to cut DD's hand. She can probably cut his head off given a proper hit, but I doubt she can get a fatal hit with just one shot against his armor.

Did you know that it's easier to land a fatal shot with a stab than with a cut? You only need 4 ounces of pressure to land a fatal thrust on someone with a sharp sword. Pretty sure that's a lot less pressure than that needed to cut off someone's hand.

Of course, this is considering that WW can actually land a hit. Right now Thor has way more skill feats than WW. Thors durability feats don't mean much when she dismembered someone with durability feats that dwarfed his. You keep saying she had to put in effort to cut off DDs arm, but it was done in just one swipe. She wouldn't even struggle doing it to someone far below DDs durability level. It really makes no sense to think she cant 1-shot him with a slice of the sword, since it will literally go through any body part it connects with like butter.

And yeah, I understand that stabs are likely more lethal and easier to kill people with, but that doesn't really factor in when the person in question can cleave you in two as easily as they can poke you

That last part is an argument I can get behind though. Thor was able to weave between Hulks attacks easily to the point where Banner couldn't really tag him. Its arguable that he could hit WW before she gets her slice in, even if Doomsday couldn't really get a hit on her with any attack (he was fighting 3 people after all), and the fact that WW is likely much faster than Thor. You could also take the Quan route and say that Thors hammer would kill WW in one shot despite how highly unlikely it is since I cant back it up with durability feats with WW due to her being skillful enough to avoid damage. This is a cheese argument, but I cant do much about it until WWs next showing, and people will continue to claim she's a glass cannon until then.

FrothByte
Thors durability feats don't mean much when she dismembered someone with durability feats that dwarfed his. You keep saying she had to put in effort to cut off DDs arm, but it was done in just one swipe. She wouldn't even struggle doing it to someone far below DDs durability level. It really makes no sense to think she cant 1-shot him with a slice of the sword, since it will literally go through any body part it connects with like butter.

And yeah, I understand that stabs are likely more lethal and easier to kill people with, but that doesn't really factor in when the person in question can cleave you in two as easily as they can poke you

That last part is an argument I can get behind though. Thor was able to weave between Hulks attacks easily to the point where Banner couldn't really tag him. Its arguable that he could hit WW before she gets her slice in, even if Doomsday couldn't really get a hit on her with any attack (he was fighting 3 people after all), and the fact that WW is likely much faster than Thor. You could also take the Quan route and say that Thors hammer would kill WW in one shot despite how highly unlikely it is since I cant back it up with durability feats with WW due to her being skillful enough to avoid damage. This is a cheese argument, but I cant do much about it until WWs next showing, and people will continue to claim she's a glass cannon until then.

Well yeah, I can easily say Thor can kill WW with a clear shot of Mjolnir, especially a charged strike... but I honestly think these 2 combatants are durable enough to survive a few blows from each other, and that includes a sword strike. Do I believe WW can cut limbs off Thor? Yes I do, I just think it needs to be a very clean hit at a very precise angle that probably won't be doable in a full fight. The way I see it is she gets a few glancing hits on Thor which won't really do much damage.

Anyway, let's move away from that argument. There's no proof that WW is faster than Thor. She jumped pretty fast, but that's leg strength not exactly speed. As I said in my original post, WW doesn't really have the feats to beat Thor at the moment. Thor was able to dodge shots from Ultron's drone point blank range (after party fight) so he's pretty fast and skilled himself when he needs to be.

carver9
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Nope, that's about it. Think about it. Think about What Thor's top feats are, and what he can do. Destroyer armor is above any of the people you listed, so Thor displayed more of his powers. Sure, the Ultron plan he had with Vision seemed a bit dumb (it was a setup for the audience to appreciate Vision more), but the rest are legit. Thor isn't going to kill any of those guys. He can't "Cut loose".

As far as Kurse? He wasn't holding back he just got caught by surprise. He had no idea how powerful Kurse was. For Kurse to casually swat Mjolnir traveling at full speed when Hulk couldn't even lift it off the ground...let that sink in there Carver.

I know what Loki and Hulk can do as well and neither displayed that power against Thor. I guess they held back as well.

confused

carver9
Bro, my advice to you is to rewatch the films:

-Loki's his brother and he generally hold back because of that bond. But by the events of Thor: The Dark World, Thor seems to not be so lenient anymore, but that changes again mid-film, we'll see how Thor handles Loki killing their father in Thor: Ragnarok

-Hulk was his teammate and going all out would have risked destroying the hellicarrier and killing everyone

-Ironman he knew was a "mortal" and we see Thor being dismissive to Tony at the being

-Ultron he held back at the end due to plot-device. We literally see/hear Thor comment that he was just stalling Ultron long enough for Tony to do his thing

The one person he outright tried to kill when he lost his temper was Captain America, if it wasn't for Cap's shield being vibranium and deflecting the energy of the blow, Cap would have been a pancake, but that was more or less a scene to illustrate Thor's power and what Cap's shield can do with said power

He knew Cap was mortal as well and tried to kill him. So the question is, who has Thor went all out against?

NemeBro
I know what Loki and Hulk can do as well and neither displayed that power against Thor. I guess they held back as well.

confused Hulk can punch people. This is about the extent of his powerset.

Thor can do more than that, but only fought him as a brick.

Thor held back (and was also weakened), Hulk was enraged and didn't hold back. I'm sorry if this upsets you.

Inhuman
He knew Cap was mortal as well and tried to kill him. So the question is, who has Thor went all out against?

Probably the begging of Thor 1 even though he seems like he was having fun wrecking those Ice giants like nothing. Even killed that giant beast like it was childs play.
Against the Destroyer as well. But the truth of it is that up to now we still havent seen a full bloodlusted Thor yet.

Khazra Reborn
I don't think anyone would argue that Diana's sword wouldn't cut Thor. But he's not some giant raging cave troll like Doomsday. He's a skilled warrior, and as far as we know right now, more skilled than WW. She's not just going to own him with her sword.

carver9
Probably the begging of Thor 1 even though he seems like he was having fun wrecking those Ice giants like nothing. Even killed that giant beast like it was childs play.
Against the Destroyer as well. But the truth of it is that up to now we still havent seen a full bloodlusted Thor yet.

SMH.

quanchi112
Thor wins.

carver9
Originally posted by NemeBro
Hulk can punch people. This is about the extent of his powerset.

Thor held back (and was also weakened), Hulk was enraged and didn't hold back. I'm sorry if this upsets you.

So he held back against Kurse as well? Ultron? The ending fight against Loki? A tornado isn't stopping Hulk. Thor lightning isnt stopping Hulk. So I'm trying to figure out what in the world you are talking about.

Time-Immemorial
Could go either way. She took DD head on. Thor took someone on less powerful then DD and got wrecked. He is going to have a hard time dealing with her speed. That shield and armor and gauntles can block the hammer.

Arachnid1
So he held back against Kurse as well? Ultron? The ending fight against Loki? A tornado isn't stopping Hulk. Thor lightning isnt stopping Hulk. So I'm trying to figure out what in the world you are talking about. Thors lighting would definitely trash the Hulk.

A tornado would render him helpless. Neme got it on point.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Hulk can punch people. This is about the extent of his powerset.

Time-Immemorial
Thors lighting would definitely trash the Hulk.

What do you think the Lightning would do to Hulk vs Doomsday.

carver9

Examples of Thor lightning being able to trash the Hulk.

quanchi112

A tornado would render him helpless. Neme got it on point. You underestimate the powerhouse of the avengers. Get real.

Time-Immemorial
Examples of Thor lightning being able to trash the Hulk.

Thors lightning>Chitari weapons>Hulk

carver9
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Chitari weapons took Ironman out, Ironman armor absorbed and withstood Thor lightning.

Time-Immemorial
Did I say anything about Ironman, who is above Hulk anyways.

Silent Master
Chitari weapons took Ironman out, Ironman armor absorbed and withstood Thor lightning.

Try watching the movie.

Inhuman
If you put WW in the Ice giants scenario instead of Thor . She would have a harder time doing what Thor did with ease. Even the big beast Thor killed would take several hacks and dodging from WW to defeat.

carver9
Did I say anything about Ironman, who is above Hulk anyways.

WTF

Time-Immemorial
If you put WW in the Ice giants scenario instead of Thor . She would have a harder time doing what Thor did with ease. Even the big beast Thor killed would take several hacks and dodging from WW to defeat.

Not really. She would speed blitz them all and use her Gauntles to clear them with that aeo attack.

Time-Immemorial
Try watching the movie.

laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
When did Chitauri weapons take out Tony? His one suit got banged up in the helicarrier turbine, and his other suit crapped out when he went through the portal, but which suit got taken out by their actual weapons?

Time-Immemorial
They never did, Carver is lying or didnt watch the movie.

carver9
https://youtu.be/xlE1j9YEgss

7 minutes and 20 seconds.

TheVaultDweller
laughing laughing laughing

So Tony crash landing after blowing up a Leviathan from the inside, getting shot a few times, and then getting back into the fight after that scene (y'know, considering he still carried the nuke into the portal), is him "getting taken out" by Chitauri weapons? At best, they provided a mild delay.

carver9
laughing laughing laughing

So Tony crash landing after blowing up a Leviathan from the inside, getting shot a few times, and then getting back into the fight after that scene (y'know, considering he still carried the nuke into the portal), is him "getting taken out" by Chitauri weapons?

He was down for a bit after that. The nuke scene happened some minutes after. We clearly see him standing up, get shot twice and is laid out.

TheVaultDweller
Nope. We see him get shot after killing a Leviathan and that's it. Shooting someone a few times and briefly knocking them down is not the same as taking them out. Case in point, Tony is still seen conscious and fighting off the Chitauri who had been surrounding him when Fury calls him about the nuke. So no, the Chitauri did not take out Iron Man anymore than they took out any of the other Avengers during that fight.

Psychotron
WTF

He did lose to Iron Man.

quanchi112
He did lose to Iron Man. Context.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by quanchi112
Context. Funny how you forget about 'context' when kryptonite is involved.

Or really any DC character you're attempting to lowball.

Thors lightning>Chitari weapons>Hulk thumb up

Psychotron
Context.

That's rich coming from you.

Zack Fair
Thor wins.

He needs to make it quick though. And he probably would. That sword is just too dangerous, and Dianas other gear too.

Close fight though.

Darth Thor

thumb up

quanchi112
Funny how you forget about 'context' when kryptonite is involved.

Or really any DC character you're attempting to lowball.

thumb up Lies.

quanchi112
That's rich coming from you. I never ignore the context. In fact from now on you can call me, Mr. Context.

roughrider
Did it look like this Wonder Woman from DOJ didn't have the ability to fly? She did take epic battle leaps at Doomsday, but...

And I get why earlier she was flying away commercially, it was part of maintaining her undercover identity.

Still, footage clips we've seen from her upcoming solo movie shows her riding a horse often to get places.

Maybe they are being true to the character before COIE in 1985, where she couldn't fly. But I would prefer she had some power of flight instead of the silly invisible jet.

quanchi112
She shouldn't be able to fly IMO.

Psychotron
I never ignore the context. In fact from now on you can call me, Mr. Context.

Ms. Ignore Context more like.

quanchi112
Ms. Ignore Context more like. Such as ?

Psychotron
Such as ?

Kryptonite and Superman reluctance to fight.

FrothByte
Originally posted by roughrider
Did it look like this Wonder Woman from DOJ didn't have the ability to fly? She did take epic battle leaps at Doomsday, but...

And I get why earlier she was flying away commercially, it was part of maintaining her undercover identity.

Still, footage clips we've seen from her upcoming solo movie shows her riding a horse often to get places.

Maybe they are being true to the character before COIE in 1985, where she couldn't fly. But I would prefer she had some power of flight instead of the silly invisible jet.

I'd prefer if she didn't fly personally. Just allow her to jump really far... which is what it looked like when she fought DD. I just think her fighting abilities will be better portrayed if she didn't fly, because if she could fly then it wouldn't make sense for her to stand on the ground and go melee.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Thor wins.

He needs to make it quick though. And he probably would. That sword is just too dangerous, and Dianas other gear too.

Close fight though.

thumb up

quanchi112
Kryptonite and Superman reluctance to fight. He fought and his powers returned. He wasn't strong enough to best batman with the attacks he used.

Zack Fair
lol

Psychotron
He fought and his powers returned. He wasn't strong enough to best batman with the attacks he used.

Except Superman had Batman at his mercy at the start of the fight, but I wouldn't expect you to pay attention to context.

quanchi112
Except Superman had Batman at his mercy at the start of the fight, but I wouldn't expect you to pay attention to context. He isn't ruthless so quit ignoring that crucial weakness of the boyscout. Superman didn't even want to kill Zod. It's in character you tard.

Psychotron
He isn't ruthless so quit ignoring that crucial weakness of the boyscout. Superman didn't even want to kill Zod. It's in character you tard.

That just supports my point that Superman didn't want to fight, you idiot.

quanchi112
That just supports my point that Superman didn't want to fight, you idiot. He was going to fight just not kill. He lost. You're an idiot. Batman won. Superman didn't just there and not fight.

Psychotron
He was going to fight just not kill. He lost. You're an idiot. Batman won. Superman didn't just there and not fight.

No, he didn't. He had Batman at his mercy at the roof but he tried to talk to him instead. Superman didn't want to fight, and you know it.

quanchi112
No, he didn't. He had Batman at his mercy at the roof but he tried to talk to him instead. Superman didn't want to fight, and you know it. So you also believe Superman is an idiot and he lost the fight. I agree. Kudos to me.

Henry_Pym
Thor crushes her.

Time-Immemorial
I dont think he crushes her, she has all of her godly weapons and armor and is extreamly fast.

Henry_Pym
She has no real feats, all we know is she could survive a backhand from Doomsday.

Thor has better speed feats.

Time-Immemorial
She took on Doomsday...thats a huge feat.

Henry_Pym
So did Batman... In more scenes, and he didn't get touched.

Time-Immemorial
He's god damn Batman though.

Silent Master
No, he was the Punisher wearing a bat costume.

Zack M
He's god damn Batman though.

thumb up

Psychotron
So you also believe Superman is an idiot and he lost the fight. I agree. Kudos to me.

Yeah, he was being an idiot trying to spare someone's life. Get lost, troll.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>