Ahsoka Tano vs The Emperor's Wrath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Ahsoka as of Rebels. The Wrath as of the end of Act 2. Fight takes place on flat, neutral terrain.

Tondemonai
Wrath wins. By that time he's already beaten Nomen Karr, Darth Vengean (IIRC, can't remember it was him but none the less it was Baras' master) with the help of Lord Draaug, a guy who was considered a living weapon, etc. He definitely wins, though it's definitely not a stomp.

Nephthys
Wrath

|King Joker|
Feats / accolades for the Wrath?

Beniboybling
Assuming FE Malgus is capable of taking on post-Act 3 Wrath + 3 protags, I find it unlikely he'd be capably of contending with Vader before his prime - at all really.

If anything his inability to stand against Vengean without support proves as much.

I'd bet on Ahsoka, pending Twilight of the Apprentice.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Assuming FE Malgus is capable of taking on post-Act 3 Wrath + 3 protags,
FE Malgus can't even take on one of them, tho
And kek, Wrath didn't need support to take on Vengean. Barris wanted to get his other apprentice back. It's obvious who actually one that battle if you payed attention to the dialogue.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
FE Malgus can't even take on one of them, tho
And kek, Wrath didn't need support to take on Vengean. Barris wanted to get his other apprentice back. It's obvious who actually one that battle if you payed attention to the dialogue. Is there actual clear proof of that though?

Baras says he'd need Draahg just to reach Vengean, and Draahg's flattery is hardly credible considering he's a lying snake. Not that that actually proves he could win on his own anyway.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The incredible draahg gets raped midway through the fight, tho

|King Joker|
Assuming FE Malgus is capable of taking on post-Act 3 Wrath + 3 protags, If that's the case Ahsoka should definitely take this...

Beniboybling
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The incredible draahg gets raped midway through the fight, tho Ah that is true, looking over it again.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I love how people pretend Malgus legitimately taking on the 4 'tags (and then giving them some hell of a fight) wouldn't put Malgus decidedly above Vader.

FreshestSlice
Is there actual clear proof of that though?

The fact how you can talk about how you solo'd him and his entire army afterwards? Like even before they made it piss easy to do it.

Nephthys
Assuming FE Malgus is capable of taking on post-Act 3 Wrath + 3 protags, I find it unlikely he'd be capably of contending with Vader before his prime - at all really.

If anything his inability to stand against Vengean without support proves as much.

I'd bet on Ahsoka, pending Twilight of the Apprentice.

Vengean had spent the entirety of your assault on his forces prepping and amping himself and the Wrath had to fight through masses of Sith to get to him.

Beniboybling

FreshestSlice
Dialogue isn't a game mechanic. Are you retarded? And since both sides couldn't have gone anyway, that reasoning is stupid.

Beniboybling
You said it was "piss easy" to beat him, I assume your referring to the boss difficulty, which is an irrelevant game mechanic.

And how does your argument that any one of the 8 protags defeated him eliminate the problem of multiple conflicting outcomes? It's obvious both sides went but only one reached him, or that that only one was sent in seperate continuities, by any line of reasoning.

carthage
Will depend on how she fights this Wednesday

Also loling @ Wrath beating Malgus on his own

FreshestSlice
You said it was "piss easy" to beat him, I assume your referring to the boss difficulty, which is an irrelevant game mechanic.

No, I meant since they added it as "story mode" specifically to solo. It was able to be solo'd before, and the dialogue is from before this.

No, it's only obvious that at least a protagonist went, but the idea that the empire sent an agent that doesn't even need to be there, a Dark Council Member, oh, and this random Bounty Hunter, along with the Wrath to go kill any one one person, is pretty unbelievable in itself, but that the Republic also sent its two greatest Jedi, when they didn't do that to even face Revan or the Dread Masters, along with a Smuggler with no connection to the government and a trooper that should be leading Havoc, is nonsensical. It always has been.
Originally posted by carthage
Also loling @ Wrath beating Malgus on his own
Because? It'd be one thing if it wasn't even possible, but it is, extremely so. the idea that Malgus is some sort of Vader-tier combatant needs to die.

Nephthys
He is tho

|King Joker|
who wins this fight, fresh

FreshestSlice
Are you joking? Easily Ahsoka. It's only Act II Wrath.

carthage

Because? It'd be one thing if it wasn't even possible, but it is, extremely so. the idea that Malgus is some sort of Vader-tier combatant needs to die.

First off I never claimed Malgus was Vader tier, he's close but he'd never take a round. Secondly, the quote outright says a team was needed to take Malgus down. If you've got any evidence that Wrath took/could take Malgus per feats than by all means.

|King Joker|
Are you joking? Easily Ahsoka. It's only Act II Wrath. smile

FreshestSlice
First off I never claimed Malgus was Vader tier, he's close but he'd never take a round.
No, he really isn't. and being close to Vader makes you in his tier. That's basic Engrish.

No, the quote says the Empire and Republic sent its greatest heroes, which means the player without saying the player, to defeat Malgus. It gives no indication of team size, or even the fact that a team is even there. Finally, actual in game evidence shows it's possible by the fact they recorded for and allow these possibilities to play. Seriously.

|King Joker|
That's basic Engrish. smile smile

Beniboybling
No, I meant since they added it as "story mode" specifically to solo. It was able to be solo'd before, and the dialogue is from before this.Which is also a game mechanic added to all the flashpoints.

But yes I'm aware the dialogue is prior, but not seeing anything that specifically states it was a solo op.Lol, all I see here is personal opinion. Its long been established that all the protagonists are among the "galaxies greatest champions" - and frankly seeing as several of them have taken on and taken down powerful Jedi and Sith, its hardly unwarranted.

On the other hand, the idea that they would send one individual to take on not just Emperor Malgus, but his entire space station of elites (oh and planetary army) is what is ridiculous, clearly not a solo mission.

Not sure what point you are trying to make regarding the Dread Masters or Revan, when sizeable strike teams of the same individuals were dispatched to face both of them.

Beniboybling
No, the quote says the Empire and Republic sent its greatest heroes, which means the player without saying the player, to defeat Malgus. It gives no indication of team size, or even the fact that a team is even there. Finally, actual in game evidence shows it's possible by the fact they recorded for and allow these possibilities to play. Seriously. Heroes i.e. plural. Lol.

carthage
Canon Vader in skill has nothing placing him over Malgus, Composite Vader with Legends feats does. Unless you think Malgus would die to Ben Kenobi or non force sensitive Karbin, Malgus is as skilled as current Vader like it or not.

It says heroes plural, which indicates a team. So unlless you've got actual evidence Wrath beat him alone, you've got no case and we really don't know how many and or what participants were involved hence why you should argue by feats and not lowballing lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Ahsoka feats superior to beating Master Wyellett? smile

NewGuy01
Heroes i.e. plural. Lol.

I think he's referring to the fact that there are multiple factions mentioned, so it would be plural even if there was only one. "The Sith and Jedi sent their greatest hero" wouldn't work, that implies Jedi and Sith both support the same hero.

Nephthys

Act III Wrath isn't that much better than Act II Wrath, if at all. Theres no mention of him improving, iirc. And he's already got the majority of his feats.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I think he's referring to the fact that there are multiple factions mentioned, so it would be plural even if there was only one. "The Sith and Jedi sent their greatest hero" wouldn't work, that implies Jedi and Sith both support the same hero. Well there is also the Battle of Ilum description, which is actually much more clear:

With this new Empire posing a threat to both the Republic and Empire, both sides assemble teams of their most powerful and experienced heroes. Their mission: fight through the renegade's forces, commandeer one of their ships and make their way to the Sith traitor's battlestation.Originally posted by Nephthys
Act III Wrath isn't that much better than Act II Wrath, if at all. Theres no mention of him improving, iirc. And he's already got the majority of his feats. Surely steady growth in power is just a logical implication... why would he/she stagnate?

Nephthys
Surely steady growth in power is just a logical implication... why would he/she stagnate?

Well if he'd already reached a high level where further growth would be slower and not that significant over a mere year.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Nephthys
Act III Wrath isn't that much better than Act II Wrath, if at all. Theres no mention of him improving, iirc. And he's already got the majority of his feats.
Beni debating semantics aside, I don't place any protag before Ziost ahead of Ahsoka.

Beniboybling
Well if he'd already reached a high level where further growth would be slower and not that significant over a mere year. Perhaps, personally though I'd assume a similar level of growth to the HoT. Fresh out of carbonite he's claiming to be stronger than he was in Act 2, ergo the Act 2 Wrath could well be assumed sub-Outlander tier. And I don't see Vader giving that level of ability the time of day if he's getting dominated by Arcann.Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Beni debating semantics aside, I don't place any protag before Ziost ahead of Ahsoka. Good. smile

Nephthys
Perhaps, personally though I'd assume a similar level of growth to the HoT. Fresh out of carbonite he's claiming to be stronger than he was in Act 2, ergo the Act 2 Wrath could well be assumed sub-Outlander tier. And I don't see Vader giving that level of ability the time of day if he's getting dominated by Arcann.

Jesus, Ahsoka v Vader hasn't even happened yet. Also Vader's given people the time of day who are way below an Act 1 protag. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beni debating semantics aside, I don't place any protag before Ziost ahead of Ahsoka.

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr03/2013/8/19/17/anigif_original-grid-image-4654-1376946469-50.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Lmfao.

FreshestSlice
Ahsoka is a Palpatine saberist now. Accept it, as I have.

Beniboybling
Jesus, Ahsoka v Vader hasn't even happened yet.Which is why I said "pending Twlight of the Apprentice" - that said I intepret Filoni's statement that she will be capable of contending with him one that rules out telekinetic domination.

I'm also accounting for the fact that she's doing this on presumably a powerful dark side nexus.Like even?Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Ahsoka is a Palpatine saberist now. Accept it, as I have. Fresh understands. smile

NewGuy01
Well there is also the Battle of Ilum description, which is actually much more clear:

With this new Empire posing a threat to both the Republic and Empire, both sides assemble teams of their most powerful and experienced heroes. Their mission: fight through the renegade's forces, commandeer one of their ships and make their way to the Sith traitor's battlestation.

So everyone present on the battle station fought Malgus?

Nephthys
All she's done so far is stomp the Inquisitors, which frankly any Act 1 protag can do except the Smuggler and Trooper.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So everyone present on the battle station fought Malgus? No, a bunch of them decided to take a coffee break. erm

NewGuy01
No, a bunch of them decided to take a coffee break. erm

You realize that there are multiple things going on at once in a battlefield as massive as Malgus' battle station, right?

Beniboybling
OK, so they got separated in that scene that is never depicted to happen. erm

You are make assumptions with no basis, and in contradiction with what we actually see occur.

Beniboybling
All she's done so far is stomp the Inquisitors, which frankly any Act 1 protag can do except the Smuggler and Trooper. And has been confirmed to be capable of contending with Darth Vader, on a DS nexus. smile

Nephthys
Hasn't happened.

carthage
Do nexuses work the same way in canon?

|King Joker|
Do nexuses work the same way in canon? I believe so.

http://static7.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/122946/5096298-0208863602-verge.jpg

http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/12/122946/5096304-vergences+2.jpg

Scans are from Tempest.

Beniboybling
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

|King Joker|
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif http://38.media.tumblr.com/99ffe863d255ccca39ccee016e3c3e8a/tumblr_inline_npbzjqgRh01roae00_500.gif

FreshestSlice
Ahsoka still isn't bae tho.

Tondemonai

Ahsoka is a Palpatine saberist now. Accept it, as I have.

Top kek there fresh

|King Joker|
Prove him wrong. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/841309534.gif

Nephthys
The HoT defeated Emperior mother****ing Vitiate in the Dark Temple, defeated 3 of the most powerful Jedi in the Order while they were Vitiate-amped, defeated Scourge, defeated a guy who obliterated a city one time and has resisted the power of Sel Makor in the heart of his power.

The Barsen'thor defeated Morrhage empowered by hundreds of Jedi Masters while weakened, blasted through a massive blast door with one hand barely out of the prologue, can heal people from the brink of death, can percieve events from across the galaxy and defeated the First Son.

Darth Nox has 5 force ghosts and curbstomped Thanaton.

The Emperor's Wrath defeated Sel Makor while he was possessing the Voice, defeated a prepped Vengean, defeated Wyylatt who was literally classified as a superweapon before he spent 15 years achieving enlightenment, defeated the Jedi's top lightsaber instructor and his greatest student at the same time and defeated Baras.

Both Nox and the Wrath could resist the goddamn Dread Masters on Belsavis.

but yeah bro ahsoka's beaten 2 inquisitors

thats comparable

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up

AncientPower
Neph representing and all that.

Nephthys
I'd give Cipher 9 (depending on how you feel about that Jadus fight) and the Champ decent odds on her too btw.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Champ's the shit. smile

FreshestSlice
The HoT defeated Emperior mother****ing Vitiate in the Dark Temple, defeated 3 of the most powerful Jedi in the Order while they were Vitiate-amped, defeated Scourge, defeated a guy who obliterated a city one time and has resisted the power of Sel Makor in the heart of his power.

The Barsen'thor defeated Morrhage empowered by hundreds of Jedi Masters while weakened, blasted through a massive blast door with one hand barely out of the prologue, can heal people from the brink of death, can percieve events from across the galaxy and defeated the First Son.

Darth Nox has 5 force ghosts and curbstomped Thanaton.

The Emperor's Wrath defeated Sel Makor while he was possessing the Voice, defeated a prepped Vengean, defeated Wyylatt who was literally classified as a superweapon before he spent 15 years achieving enlightenment, defeated the Jedi's top lightsaber instructor and his greatest student at the same time and defeated Baras.

Both Nox and the Wrath could resist the goddamn Dread Masters on Belsavis.

but yeah bro ahsoka's beaten 2 inquisitors

thats comparable
That's great and all, but unless everyone in TOR stops being terrible any time soon, Ahsoka will always be better.

Nephthys
Cipher 9's voice > Ahsoka.

cs_zoltan
Kenobi gets ragdolled.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Drunk?smile

FreshestSlice
Cipher 9's voice > Ahsoka.
Irrelevant.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Drunk?smile

NBA?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
...maybe smilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmilesmile

cs_zoltan
Poor PG got injured last night.

Watching Hawks atm.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Aight. smile

Nephthys
Irrelevant.

Concession accepted. smile

|King Joker|
Ahsoka's white lightsabers >> the entirety of SWTOR

AncientPower
LOL @ Katana sabers being even close to Valkorion's beard, GTFO.

|King Joker|
Ngl Valkorion's beard is up there

Her white blades make him bow to his knees and worship her though smile

Nephthys
You can have white sabers in TOR. erm

Purple > tho. excellent

|King Joker|
It only works with Ahsoka

Nah

Nephthys
Ahsoka just makes it lame. She's only used them once so far, what a letdown.

Cathar Honor Sword >

|King Joker|
What, you want her to spoil us? Too much of a good thing is bad, that's just how it goes, Neph

Delusions of grandeur

Nephthys
Too much of a good thing is more than once? Is that what you tell your gf?

In TOR you can ride around on a rancor. excellent

|King Joker|
OKAY NEPH PLEASE RESTRAIN YOURSELF I AM AN INNOCENT UNDERAGE BOY

TOR tries to compensate for insane stories and bland characters with rancor riding? Why am I not surprised smile

Vixas
As far as FE is concerned, It always seemed logical both sides did indeed send all their heroes. It's just that the one you happen to be playing as is the only one to actually reach and fight Malgus. The rest are off occupying the XX% of the space station's forces you didn't fight.

FreshestSlice
It's actually not logical because half of them aren't even heroes, the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter aren't connected in any way official, and the rest are leaders in their respective organizations. The idea that anyone besides the HoT, the Trooper with the entirety of Havoc(kek at sending a trooper to take on armies of Sith), or the Wrath.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.