Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2016)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji

Kazenji
^ its also for 2017

but with KMC and its bugs/glitches won't let me fixed it up.

BruceSkywalker
might see

quanchi112
Hopefully it'll be interesting.

Ascendancy
Lets hope he redeems himself after that turd that was the prison satellite. Couldn't believe the same man who made The Fifth Element made that.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Lets hope he redeems himself after that turd that was the prison satellite. Couldn't believe the same man who made The Fifth Element made that.

He wasn't even in the directors chair for that one....so there's that.

ares834
I'm always up for a good space opera. Hopefully, it's better than the travesty that was Jupiter's Ascending.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Kazenji
He wasn't even in the directors chair for that one....so there's that.
It was still a Besson film was it not?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1592525/?ref_=nm_flmg_wr_19

Yap. His screenplay. Twas poo.

Kazenji
^ Only script but didn't direct it.

Ascendancy
Yes, it seems that he wrote but didn't direct the majority of mainstream films with which he was involved for quite a bit. Luckily he redeemed himself with Lucy... oh, that's right...

Kazenji
Can't say much about Lucy...never seen it.

Patient_Leech
I liked Lucy to some extent. Even if it was based on a faulty premise I thought it was interesting. Would probably watch it again to see how a second viewing works.

I like Luc Besson. I think I've seen many movies he's written (Columbians, Taken, Lockout, From Paris With Love, etc), but I've never heard of Prison Satellite? What the hell is that? Not everything he writes is good, though, but I'm not sure if it's his fault or not (3 Days to Kill, for example, was really bad).

And i love science fiction, So yeah, if he's doing another space opera.. f#ck yeah.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

, but I've never heard of Prison Satellite? What the hell is that?

The other user is thinking of Lockout with Guy Pearce, Which it was Luc Besson's idea for that movie.

jaden101

Lockout was shit but Guy Pearce was a great character in it and Joe Gilgun too.

Robtard
Besson's hit/miss. Do like the premise, but going to need to see a preview before I start judging.

Hopefully he delivers another scifi fun ride, like he did with The Fifth Element.

Kazenji
Filming wraps on this movie

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/filming-wraps-on-luc-bessons-valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-317

Patient_Leech
Cool... the Instragram photos look pretty good. They look very Fifth Element-esque.

BruceSkywalker
hopefully a trailer soon

quanchi112
I hope this is done well. I need more Sci Fi.

Kazenji
Damn slowpokes around here

5o2XWgjCTjc

quanchi112
Kaz and his worthlessness continue.

Kazenji
Originally posted by quanchi112
Kaz and his worthlessness continue.

And what exactly have you done?.....continue to bump a thread that people ignore

not going to even bother mentioning the reason over your last ban, You're the one that's worthless around here.

dynamix
reminds me too much of Jupiter Ascending

Khazra Reborn
Looks kind of lame.

Dreampanther
Luc Besson answered some questions on Twitter yesterday. He said that Valerian will be more like 5th Element than his other movies, except of course that the VFX will be much, much better.

So I'm going to stay positive and hold thumbs that it will be one of those movies that's just pure fun to watch.

Kazenji
Read something about the the movie is based on a French comic.

Patient_Leech
Damn slowpokes around here

5o2XWgjCTjc

Looks like an absolute trip. Hope it's as fun as it looks, cause I'm sick of sci-fi like this flopping (Jupiter Ascending, John Carter, etc).

quanchi112
And what exactly have you done?.....continue to bump a thread that people ignore

not going to even bother mentioning the reason over your last ban, You're the one that's worthless around here. Calm down. I just don't seek to have others thank for me posting links since you're dying for online friends. Have a sense of pride. You loved the film the seventh son. laughing out loud

Dreampanther
Read something about the the movie is based on a French comic.

Yup.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51NbWiL4UsL._AC_UL320_SR240,320_.jpg

http://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/valerianib.jpg

Patient_Leech
Calm down. I just don't seek to have others thank for me posting links since you're dying for online friends. Have a sense of pride. You loved the film the seventh son. laughing out loud
Damn, you put way too much effort into being a troll-douche, quanchi-queef. Get another fu#king hobby and try to stick to a topic for once. You need to be fu#king banned.

Esau Cairn
Damn, you put way too much effort into being a troll-douche, quanchi-queef. Get another fu#king hobby and try to stick to a topic for once. You need to be fu#king banned.

My simple philosophy of life:

Always be grateful for a**holes.
It stops you from being one.

Thanks Quan!

Mucho gracias amigo.

Tzeentch
So, I left a youtube comment on the trailer's page, and apparently they noticed me.

1XD7_3L6EE8

Kazenji
I'm guessing you meant bombing as in its going to flop and they took it another way.

quanchi112
Damn, you put way too much effort into being a troll-douche, quanchi-queef. Get another fu#king hobby and try to stick to a topic for once. You need to be fu#king banned. And you have horrible movie taste. wink

Patient_Leech
And you have horrible movie taste. wink

Haha, says the JJ Abrams fanboy. laughing

quanchi112
Haha, says the JJ Abrams fanboy. laughing He made two excellent Trek films and a solid Wars film. Yeah whatever you say, Riddick boy.

Kazenji
Yet again...Quan derails another thread.

quanchi112
Yet again...Quan derails another thread. Film looks decent. I just hope it delivers. More excited for this than ghost in the shell that's for sure.

playa1258
Hoping this is not another Jupiter Ascending.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Hoping this is not another Jupiter Ascending. That film had amazing special effects not stunk up the joint. Either way another Sci Fi universe for me to compare. It's quite the genre to compare galactic empires.

playa1258
The effects were very good but that is about it.

Patient_Leech
He made two excellent Trek films and a solid Wars film. Yeah whatever you say, Riddick boy.

Both are nostalgic rehashed crap.

quanchi112
Both are nostalgic rehashed crap. It is opinion based. Riddick isn't as great as a film as Into Darkness or the first Trek. I don't think any of the Riddick films come close to either of Abrams films. Which ones do you feel are better and why ?

Flyattractor
Oh this is based on a FRENCH Comic.

Yeah its gonna be great.

Patient_Leech
It is opinion based.
It is not opinion that they are nostalgic. Crap maybe is opinion, but to me lack of originality and riding people's desire for nostalgia is a clear sign of poor quality. Reboots, remakes, etc is the crap that Hollywood is made of.

Let's explore this and bring it on-topic for a second: If Star Wars and Star Trek did not have any of the name recognition then I doubt they would have had much impact. They were relatively entertaining sci-fi adventures, but without the name recognition they could have just as easily fallen into obscurity just like Jupiter Ascending or John Carter. So these more original big budget sci-fi adventures (like this Valerian) have much greater odds stacked against them. Guardians of the Galaxy was a big surprise because the trailers actually didn't make it look very good, but it at least had the Marvel name attached and then it actually turned out to be great and word of mouth spread, I guess...

Riddick isn't as great as a film as Into Darkness or the first Trek. I don't think any of the Riddick films come close to either of Abrams films. Which ones do you feel are better and why ?

...which brings me to Riddick, which has even more odds stacked against it because they will from now on be R-rated and made independently and supported by a small and loyal fanbase. It is the brainchild of the director (David Twohy) and Vin Diesel. Pitch Black is easily on my (and many others) favorite movies list. It's just smartly written characters and great original dark pulp science fiction and even blends genres some, making it more interesting than just another big studio reboot.

So Valerian, which is largely unknown to anyone is going to have a huge hurdles to get over to be successful. So it has to be extra good. It's gonna have to be something surprising like Guardians of the Galaxy, which is looking unlikely. I mean, I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt, but the two main characters don't look like they will have amazing chemistry.

Patient_Leech
Eat your Member Berries...

VZboWI3FAyc

quanchi112
It is not opinion that they are nostalgic. Crap maybe is opinion, but to me lack of originality and riding people's desire for nostalgia is a clear sign of poor quality. Reboots, remakes, etc is the crap that Hollywood is made of.
That to is an opinion because nostalgia only matters to those people who have fond memories growing up with something. So if you can't see this as subjective then you're clueless as to what the word actually means.

No, once again you're clearly wrong and allow me the time to point out why. It maybe a lack of originality which again is an opinion so who really cares but this is all subjective. Your definition of what is poor or great quality is once again subjective. To me it's this simple a movie either emotionally connects with someone of varying degrees or it doesn't. Movies that connect more or elicit a genuine interest in it are superior movies to me. I do not care whether it's original or not it either works or not.

That may be true but they have connected with their own fanbases so much so over an extended period of time they are still viable franchises. I for one can't stand the older trek so there is no nostalgia for anything Trek related pre Abrams. So my opinion is the first Trek was pretty damn good. It did bring about emotions and connected to me throughout the film. The second film Into Darkness blew my mind, it was years later so I didn't go in with huge expectations but Khan was amazing and scene stealing throughout the entire film. I didn't connect very much with Beyond but it was a different director and I didn't expect much but went in cautiously optimistic. By far the weakest of the three films but Into Darkness is one of my favorite films of all time and I had no reason or lifetime of fandom to be biased.

They do have greater odds stacked against them. The one great Sci Fi which failed demotic ally I loved was Edge of Tomorrow. That film was awesome and I went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. I had higher expectations with Jupiter Ascending and walked out of the theater thanking that it was over.

Riddick wasn't a great film. I was bored the first time seeing it though I will be honest it's much better on replay value. It's a decent watch for sure and I enjoyed CoR.

Again this is all opinion based so it cannot be proven one way or the other.

Patient_Leech
That to is an opinion because nostalgia only matters to those people who have fond memories growing up with something. So if you can't see this as subjective then you're clueless as to what the word actually means.

Star Trek = reboot of classic franchise
Star Wars = reboot disguised as a sequel of classic franchise

They are playing on nostalgia. This is a fact, quanch. Not an opinion.

Maybe for YOU there isn't nostalgia involved as you claim, but they ARE nostalgic reboots.

quanchi112
Star Trek = reboot of classic franchise
Star Wars = reboot disguised as a sequel of classic franchise

They are playing on nostalgia. This is a fact, quanch. Not an opinion.

Maybe for YOU there isn't nostalgia involved as you claim, but they ARE nostalgic reboots. I wasn't nostalgic about the films and yet I loved it anyways. Not everyone has nostalgic feelings for Trek. The films were excellent films IMO but it's all subjective and the criteria you judge films is different than my own because this is all subjective hence my unshakeable point.

Kazenji
The comic that this is based on is getting a full reprint

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/12/valrian-comic-is-getting-a-full-reprint-ahead-of-movie/

Egon1982
Looks cool and i'm a fan of Besson plus i need to check out the original French comic that inspired this movie.

riv6672
The trailer makes me feel like i took a left at Bruce Willis' apartment in the Fifth Element and wound up in a new adventure.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
The trailer makes me feel like i took a left at Bruce Willis' apartment in the Fifth Element and wound up in a new adventure.

Well it is directed by the same guy........ roll eyes (sarcastic)

riv6672
Whats wrong with your smilie's eyes, guy?
I was actually remarking at how beautiful it all looked.

Kazenji
Do you even remember what you said?...doesn't seem like it.

Patient_Leech
I'm still trying to remain cautiously optimistic for this film.

riv6672
Do you even remember what you said?...doesn't seem like it.
Well, i directly mentioned the Fifth Element. huh

Anyhow, i watched the trailer twice, without figuring out the plot at all. Had to look up the comic. Hope that doesnt turn off the non geeks out there.

Kazenji
I'm still trying to remain cautiously optimistic for this film.

Same

it could go either way this one, Another Jupiter ascending or something that's actually good.

riv6672
I liked Jupiter Ascending. stick out tongue

Patient_Leech
New trailer...

FAUAkwgHwas

Surtur
At one point it says something along the lines of "From the people who brought you the 5th Element".

Yeah, I wouldn't advertise that lol.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Surtur
At one point it says something along the lines of "From the people who brought you the 5th Element".

Yeah, I wouldn't advertise that lol.

Why not? It's a pretty beloved film.

I'm still cautiously optimistic about this. It clearly is going to be a visual feast, but I'm still not convinced that it'll be a good movie. I hope it will be, though.

Surtur
I thought it sucked, but meh.

ares834
Looks like it could be fun.

quanchi112
Let's hope it's good because I hated fifth element.

Patient_Leech
I thought it sucked, but meh.
Let's hope it's good because I hated fifth element.

Really? I've never heard such hate for it before. I mean, I think Chris Tucker's character is extremely annoying and it almost ruins the film for me, but I still rather enjoy the film. His part should have been MUCH smaller.

Kazenji
I'm another that liked The Fifth Element, Not sure where the hate is coming from for it.

Surtur
Really? I've never heard such hate for it before. I mean, I think Chris Tucker's character is extremely annoying and it almost ruins the film for me, but I still rather enjoy the film. His part should have been MUCH smaller.

I guess yeah Chris Tucker really kind of ruins it.

Also Gary Oldman looks silly as hell with his weird hair piece thingy.

The universe itself, I admit, seems interesting.

Patient_Leech
After watching the trailer for this again, I do like the visuals, some of them at least. But I fear it just looks like a bit too much. It just seems like too much to still have a cohesive and interesting narrative. I hope I'm wrong and it will surprise us all, and I do plan to support it because I like stuff like this and I'm sure it will look amazing on a big screen, but my hopes are not very high for it to be a great movie.

no expression

BruceSkywalker
looks like total shit

Kazenji
Hope its not another Jupiter Ascending, Have to wait until July to see how it resonates with the critics.

quanchi112
The special effects look amazing but it's the emotion and the characters I worry about. The director has plans for a few sequels as well. Sounds like a rich universe with all kids of stories to pull from. Hope it works out.

Patient_Leech
Sounds like a rich universe with all kids of stories to pull from. Hope it works out.

I'm cheering for this as well. But I'm not entirely encouraged by the footage we're seeing, sadly... sad

quanchi112
I'm cheering for this as well. But I'm not entirely encouraged by the footage we're seeing, sadly... sad Agreed.

Surtur
Hope its not another Jupiter Ascending,

Damn bro, what is your problem with Jupiter Ascending?

eNcgOSKcYDg

Patient_Leech

Also hope it's not another John Carter. Sadly this looks like a combination of the two.

eNcgOSKcYDg

Best movie ever. He's either whispering or screaming.. no inbetween. I actually try to defend the Wachowskis' work. I'm a big fan of The Matrix Trilogy. But I do have a hard time defending Jupiter Ascending. Some nice visuals at times, but it's pretty retarded.

Surtur
Yeah it was a very strange performance Eddie gave there. He's not a bad actor so I have to assume the Wachowskis have just kinda gone a little crazy.

Thinking about it now..their last film I truly enjoyed was V for Vendetta.

playa1258
Looking forward to this. Fifth Element was a good film. I like the style.

Patient_Leech
Yeah it was a very strange performance Eddie gave there. He's not a bad actor so I have to assume the Wachowskis have just kinda gone a little crazy.

Thinking about it now..their last film I truly enjoyed was V for Vendetta.

Yeah, his bad acting there is probably due to poor direction. That was definitely not the right way to play that role.

They wrote V for Vendetta, but didn't direct it. Very good movie, though yes. They seem to be better doing subversive, rebellious stuff. Bound is a great little film. I think it was only made for $5 million and they just did it to prove they could make a movie before they were given $65 million to make The Matrix.

Kazenji

Damn bro, Then what's your problem with The Fifth Element then.

Surtur
Damn bro, Then what's your problem with The Fifth Element then.

I wasn't being serious, that is why I posted the clip of the awful acting from the movie. Also the part where Eddie Redmayne for some reason is shirtless but wearing mascara, it's how I always pictured alien dictators would dress.

Patient_Leech
Well, I watched the trailer for this again the other day with my wife this time and I might try to lean more toward the positive because I want to put some faith in Luc Besson. He's a talented guy. We're watching his La Femme Nikita right now. I had seen it a long time ago and remembered liking it. It's still very good. Some dated music, but not too unexpected since it was 1990. Haven't finished it yet, but so far it holds up very well in a very charming sort of way.

From the trailers for this, though, it looks like he may have gotten a little too carried away with the digital effects and visuals, but let's hope not. That's no doubt what they had to do to make it live up to the comic. My wife pointed out that the girl in this played the Enchantress in Suicide Squad. I never would have realized that: Cara Delevingne

marwash22
this looks like another 'Jupiter Ascending'/'Battlefield Earth'

Ascendancy
Lockdown was garbage, and it seems this will follow suit. Ah well.

Kazenji

Based on what?

all assumptions it seems at this point.

Patient_Leech

Lockout is fun, mostly due to Guy Pearce and other good character actors.

This looks questionable, yes, but still looks way better than Justice League and most other lame-as-f#ck comicbook movies.

Kazenji
I heard John Carpenter sued them over Lockout, It burrowed alot from Escape From New York and won.

Patient_Leech
I heard John Carpenter sued them over Lockout, It burrowed alot from Escape From New York and won.

I suppose the premise is a pretty shameless rip-off, but I like Lockout and didn't particularly care for Escape From New York, probably more due to it being a bit dated.

Kazenji
I thought it was a bit meh with my first time watching it, But having watched it a few more times i've grown to it.

Patient_Leech
I thought it was a bit meh with my first time watching it, But having watched it a few more times i've grown to it.

Which one, Lockout or Escape from NY?

Kazenji
Escape from NY.

John Murdoch
I enjoyed both Escape From NY and Lockout, and IMO John Carpenter made perhaps the best horror/sci-fi movie ever (The Thing) and one of the best fantasy/comedy movies ever (Big Trouble in Little China).

http://www.themovienetwork.com/article/john-carpenter-sues-lockout-creators-plagiarism-and-wins

As the article mentions in passing, the court case sets an interesting precedent for how movie IP at least is dealt with in France.

Kazenji
Originally posted by John Murdoch

http://www.themovienetwork.com/article/john-carpenter-sues-lockout-creators-plagiarism-and-wins

As the article mentions in passing, the court case sets an interesting precedent for how movie IP at least is dealt with in France.

Surprised something like that hasn't started in Hollywood, With the amount of movies that hav burrowed from other movies.

Esau Cairn
Saw a pic on Facebook of Robert Rodriguez filming the remake of Escape From NY.

Should be fun.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Saw a pic on Facebook of Robert Rodriguez filming the remake of Escape From NY.

Uh, IMDB mentions nothing of this..

Kazenji
Uh, IMDB mentions nothing of this..

http://screenrant.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-robert-rodriguez-director/

Flyattractor
ENCY is a movie that DOES NOT NEED TO BE REMADE!

quanchi112
Looking forward to this. Fifth Element was a good film. I like the style. Your opinion is shit personified.

Tzeentch
This movie is ****ed. Its the most expensive french film ever made, and its going to utterly flop.

Im going to see it anyway, because the visuals look nice and I want to support big sci-fi, but this film is going to get screwed in the box office. I dont think even china will save it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tzeentch
This movie is ****ed. Its the most expensive french film ever made, and its going to utterly flop.

Im going to see it anyway, because the visuals look nice and I want to support big sci-fi, but this film is going to get screwed in the box office. I dont think even china will save it. Agreed.

playa1258
Your opinion is shit personified. Aww, someone decided to come out of the basement.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Tzeentch

Im going to see it anyway, because the visuals look nice and I want to support big sci-fi, but this film is going to get screwed in the box office. I dont think even china will save it.

The budget is huge. $180 million. That's a big deficit to overcome for a movie like this.

Hopefully the film is better than it looks and maybe it will therefore surprise us at the box office. I'm trying to maintain some hope.

Patient_Leech
New trailer I think...

yJbLqa_uSiQ

ares834
Nice trailer. I'm looking forward to this.

Flyattractor
Looks like it wants to be a Hipster Emo Star Wars.

Which is funny cause that is what Star Wars is trying to be.

Skip till it hits disc.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834
Nice trailer. I'm looking forward to this.

It looks like it could at least be fun visually, though I remain skeptical that it will have stellar (pardon the pun) storytelling and characters.

Patient_Leech
Nice little featurette with the director...

1sdVKNSfS_Q

playa1258
Social media embargo has lifted and the reactions are pretty damn good.

Many calling this film one of the most visually impressive films ever and the cast is good as well.

This summer is looking to be top notch in quality.

mehedi067

jackjohn
I watch the trailer of the movie and like it. Is it a nice movie?

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Looks like it wants to be a Hipster Emo Star Wars.

Which is funny cause that is what Star Wars is trying to be.

Skip till it hits disc. Iow you're too poor to go to the theater. It's ok friend.

Patient_Leech
Social media embargo has lifted and the reactions are pretty damn good.

Many calling this film one of the most visually impressive films ever and the cast is good as well.

This summer is looking to be top notch in quality.

Yeah, I saw some tweets or something on social media and people seemed to enjoy it. I think some comments said the characters get a little overwhelmed by the effects and visuals, but that's certainly expected to some degree.

Originally posted by mehedi067

I believe you're talking about Lockout. He wrote it, but didn't direct. Personally I think it's fun.

jackjohn
A lot of expectations from the movie. I hope it will be very interesting.

Kazenji
Looks like its going to be a mix bag this movie

The movie itself has gotten a 9/10 at Joblo.com, Meanwhile other places aren't so generous.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, sounds like pretty much what I expected. The RT consensus...

Expected that.

Was afraid of that.

Kazenji
Seems like you're either going to like the chemistry between the two character's or not at all

the Joblo reviewer liked it

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I really want to get out and support it, so I might try to catch a matinee or something at some point. Think it'll be worth seeing on a big screen.

Kazenji
I'm sure the movie will flop.

playa1258
Not looking good for this film.

Dunkirk is getting raves.

Kazenji
Not looking good for this film.

Dunkirk is getting raves.

So you can't watch a movie yourself....without looking at the reviews?

playa1258
In terms of being a big hit.

I'm watching both next weekend.

BruceSkywalker
will likly pass unless people i respect tell me to go see

Adam Grimes
Go see it

carthage
I don't want this to bomb sad

Adam Grimes
It will be the movie of the year. thumb up

I can't stand the lead 'guy'. They should have called this 'Laureline and bla bla' so they could kill him the **** off at the end.

Patient_Leech
I'm sure the movie will flop.

Yeah, I don't expect it to do very well financially. Which is why I want to get out and support it.

Originally posted by carthage
I don't want this to bomb sad

Me neither. I want so badly for a movie like this to be good and to be successful.

Patient_Leech
I've never seen these guys before, but seems like a pretty fair spoiler-free review. Overall they recommend it...

slxQwjtHLHc

Kazenji
Maybe this film will end up have a cult following.

Kazenji
Luc Besson has already written the sequel and is working on part 3

http://screenrant.com/valerian-2-3-sequel-plans-luc-besson-script/

Patient_Leech
^ Don't jinx it, Luc. confused

Patient_Leech
Little interview with Luc Besson and the two stars. I am hoping to get out to see this probably Sunday...

n35W16-Z2zI

x9iXQfg3ryo

cdtm
Tell me I'm not the only one who doesn't think "So that's where they get their steel from!" every time I hear that name. smile

Esau Cairn
^ Don't jinx it, Kaz confused

Fixed. wink

Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

Patient_Leech
Yeah, looks like this is poised to bomb.

Huge budget, mediocre reviews, and a well-reviewed movie from a big director (Christopher Nolan) as competition on opening weekend. It's probably going to have to establish cult status quickly and get some word of mouth if it's going to survive its theatrical run. Personally I'm much more interested in seeing this on the big screen than Dunkirk. Dunkirk can wait for the small screen easy. I haven't been much impressed with Nolan's visual prowess in the past.

But it will be interesting to see how it does up against Nolan's well-reviewed WWII epic.

Kazenji
Fixed. wink

Stop trying to be the next Time imm, blaming a movie's fault on a KMC user.

Flyattractor
Best review of the movie I have seen so far puts the movie in between somewhere between "Not Bad" and "Sorta Good".

carthage
I liked it and it definitely had a lot of ideas that are worth revisiting. The movie does have issues with dialogue, Dehaan isn't a very good lead male, and some of the Find X object stuff is derivative. But I loved the visuals like when they go down into the Water portion of the planet, Delevigne isn't that bad of an actress, and the aliens/costume are mindblowing. Its nowhere near as good as the Fifth Element was, but its definitely something to check out if you can stand Dehaan's Keanu Reeve's style acting and some weak dialogue

7/10

Esau Cairn
Stop trying to be the next Time imm, blaming a movie's fault on a KMC user.

You seriously need to lighten up, Kaz. roll eyes (sarcastic)

marwash22
This wasn't the best movie, not at all, but i'll be damned if it wasn't goddamn beautiful.

Kazenji
You seriously need to lighten up, Kaz. roll eyes (sarcastic)

erm

go do something better with your time.

Esau Cairn
erm

go do something better with your time.

Like pray to God to give you a sense of humour?

Patient_Leech
Like pray to God to give you a sense of humour?

laughing out loud

Originally posted by carthage
I liked it and it definitely had a lot of ideas that are worth revisiting. The movie does have issues with dialogue, Dehaan isn't a very good lead male, and some of the Find X object stuff is derivative. But I loved the visuals like when they go down into the Water portion of the planet, Delevigne isn't that bad of an actress, and the aliens/costume are mindblowing. Its nowhere near as good as the Fifth Element was, but its definitely something to check out if you can stand Dehaan's Keanu Reeve's style acting and some weak dialogue

7/10

Cool, that's kind of what I expect.

To me, I love big sci-fi space adventure shit with crazy aliens and worlds, so this is exactly the kind of thing I want to support on the big screen.

I'm making my contribution on Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Esau Cairn
Obviously it's only my personal opinion but sometimes fondness & memory clouds the real quality of a film...

Juz saying The 5th Element was fun & cool 20 years ago but watching it again recently...there was a lot of cringeworthy cheesy moments.

I really forgot how annoying & how much Chris Tucker ruined the movie for me.

Patient_Leech
^ I popped it in again today and I used to find Chris Tucker annoying too, and I guess I still do. But overall I still think the movie is fun. It's all the little subtle and amusing pieces of humor that I found charming. Like Leeloo's "Multipass" and the guy controlling the reflective light and the man who is almost poisoned at the beginning of the film. It's just fun.

BruceSkywalker
will catch this next month on STARZ

Flyattractor
Can't afford a movie ticket huh??

Poor Bastard...AHAHAHAHA!

BruceSkywalker
Can't afford a movie ticket huh??

Poor Bastard...AHAHAHAHA!

his looks like shit son... this will be on cable prolly in six months

Flyattractor
Oh just admit you are crying on the inside....

BruceSkywalker
Oh just admit you are crying on the inside....

lol thats you .. lmao...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>