Lady Deathstrike vs Wolverine (Rematch)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

0mega Spawn
Wolverine has all of his feats from latest feats post X2.
Same place thet fought before
Round 1: standard
Round 2: HF off

KingD19
He should take both.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah. Orgins, TW and DOFP gave hin a serious skill abd regen boost.

Psychotron
She kicked his ass before, I don't see how TW and DOFP change things. In fact, post-DOFP shouldn't even have an adamantium skeleton.

Utrigita
He was getting completely thrashed by Lady Deathstrike the first time they fought, he might last a bit longer this time around given more feats, but in the end I still believe, based on how badly he was getting beaten, that she will win.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Utrigita
He was getting completely thrashed by Lady Deathstrike the first time they fought, he might last a bit longer this time around given more feats, but in the end I still believe, based on how badly he was getting beaten, that she will win. This. He hasn't upgraded in agility in any way. She's still going to rock him.

Plus, X2 is chronologically after all his newer feats, so she's already beaten him after those.

KingD19
We can't bring chronology into this. That's now how movies work.

And after schooling Creed, taking it to SS, fighting Barakapool, basically ignoring his hf being off for a decent while despite getting shotgunned, dragging over a dozen ninjas with arrows in his back while being further poisoned, and all his other feats he should win after a good fight.

steverules_2
Yeah LD wins this, she had him beaten in X2 till he pumped her full of adamantium

Arachnid1
Originally posted by KingD19
We can't bring chronology into this. That's now how movies work.

And after schooling Creed, taking it to SS, fighting Barakapool, basically ignoring his hf being off for a decent while despite getting shotgunned, dragging over a dozen ninjas with arrows in his back while being further poisoned, and all his other feats he should win after a good fight. Why wouldn't we use chronology? We use the most chronologically current character unless specified by OP, and thats X2 Wolverine, which means she comfortably beat him after the events of his solo movie. That says more about her than Wolverine, so its not like thats a knock against him.

KingD19
Wolverine happened after X3 where he took an extended beating from Juggernaut with no problems.

The most current version is either Wolverine or DoFP.

Arachnid1
True, but X3, Origins, and the Wolverine were retconned by DoFP, which makes DoFP the most recent. I don't remember him getting any great feats in that movie, so it doesn't really change much. Lady Deathstrike still takes it.

HulkIsHulk
X3 and The Wolverine are after X2, even by going with your wonky logic he still beats her with the feats fron those movies.
If you consider DOPF the current one he still has memories of the future.
And the OP specified all movies after X2 not just chronological

Psychotron
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
X3 and The Wolverine are after X2, even by going with your wonky logic he still beats her with the feats fron those movies.
If you consider DOPF the current one he still has memories of the future.
And the OP specified all movies after X2 not just chronological

His powers are still the same, he hasn't been upgraded in any way. Deathstrike has too much of an advantage in speed and strength + her own healing factor and adamantium skeleton.

HulkIsHulk
And King, Wolverine did have his HF during the arrow scene. Its just that among those arrows were the one's poisoned by Viper.
Also, Ara you need to remember Yuriko as no fights without her HF while Logan has
And I want to make a list of Wolverine's feats from The Wolverine.

HulkIsHulk
After losing the HF, he took a point blank shotgun blast to his left flank but still managed to get up pretty quickly.
He then chest stomped and guy and KOd him and then tore through rest of the mooks without getting hit untill he got outside.
Outside he got shot in boh upper arms but igbored it and killed the guy. Then ge was jimped by two Yakuza's and one of them smacked him in the head with a basrball bat repeatedly while the other kept kneeing him in the face but he recovered in seconds when they were taken of his back. After finally geting Nariko on a train he went to the bathroom and dug out the bullets, he was again confronted by another group he still managed to tear apart. One highlight of the fight was one mook punching Wolverine in the face and hurting himself more than Logan and then Logan getting satabbed by another mook with a knife, who with the same knife cut a 10 foot long cut on the netal walls of the train. After the ttsintop fight he finallt .anaged to take Marikobto a hotel whetr ge told her to sleep while he stood in the balcony

HulkIsHulk
Then despite being disoriented and hallucinating he still managed to dodge a near point blank gunshot.
Then he was thrown down several storeys, tasered multiple times and shot in the cheek yet he still managed to take down one more of them while Mariko knifed the other two befire finally losing conscious and being treated by a vetenarian student
Then during the ninja fight he actually used one of the bikes as a club, and shattered his metal restraint during his fight with SS and blocked his strikes which were capable of destroying metal columns, and charged SS (who is heavy enough that him falling onto a concrete wall shatters it) with enough force to break metal railings and dent metal beam, and then lifted and threw SS by his bone claws

HulkIsHulk
And even if people refuse to admit that Wolverine's powers got better feats and keep saying that he is still same in stats, they are being mulish to disagree he has become more skilled, and that's like saying TFA Cap is just as good a fighter as AOU Cap, season 1 Arrow and DD are only that skilled in their later seasons and the like

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Arachnid1
True, but X3, Origins, and the Wolverine were retconned by DoFP, which makes DoFP the most recent. I don't remember him getting any great feats in that movie, so it doesn't really change much. Lady Deathstrike still takes it.
X1 and X2 were retconned out by a DOPF as well, so their fight never happened. Now you are simply cherrypicking to support your side

0mega Spawn
X1 and X2 were retconned out by a DOPF as well, so their fight never happened. Now you are simply cherrypicking to support your side
laughing out loud by that logic lady Deathstrike doesn't exist for this thread to be possible

Arachnid1
X1 and X2 were retconned out by a DOPF as well, so their fight never happened. Now you are simply cherrypicking to support your side X1 and 2 were retconned? It's not cherrypicking. I thought Singer was keeping his creations but getting rid of the movies that weren't his work. Why would he retcon his own movies?

Psychotron
X1 and 2 were retconned? It's not cherrypicking. I thought Singer was keeping his creations but getting rid of the movies that weren't his work. Why would he retcon his own movies?

It was retconned, I mean you saw Jean alive at the end of DOFP. Also, Wolverine probably doesn't have adamantium anymore, which makes it even easier for Deathstrike.

HulkIsHulk
X1 and 2 were retconned? It's not cherrypicking. I thought Singer was keeping his creations but getting rid of the movies that weren't his work. Why would he retcon his own movies?
Where was it specifically said that only Singer's movies were retconned? There was no such specification. The entire original X-Men trilogy was retconned. You can't remove an entire timeline and only affect particular stories in it. Heck the moviemakers even said the change in time line caused the mutants to be born at a different time. Which is why the new movie will have all the characters played by new actors.
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
laughing out loud by that logic lady Deathstrike doesn't exist for this thread to be possible
That's exactly what I am saying. The arguments can be basically summed up like this:-
OP: Wolverine gets feats from all moviesz
Me (and King): Then Wolverine wins since he's improved and has got better feats
Ara (and supporters): Deathstrike wins, since Wolverine has not changed
My side: No ( proceeds to list Wolverine's better feats from other movies including fighting more dangerous opponents than Deathstrike )
Ara: Nope. The other movies got retconned
Me: What? OP said all movies or by that logic no Deathstrike fight occured at all
Ara: Nyah Nyah nuh nuh

HulkIsHulk
Vault, do you have something to say?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah LD wins this, she had him beaten in X2 till he pumped her full of adamantium

OP. Same battlefield.

History repeats itself, lol.

Psychotron
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
OP. Same battlefield.

History repeats itself, lol.

It was just luck though, what are the odd of her falling for it twice? Also, the second round is HF off, which is a stomp for Lady Deathstrike.

TheVaultDweller
Vault, do you have something to say?

The thing is that the timeline reboot pretty much screwed the pooch on all of Wolverine's notable showings, as it erased everything from 1973 onward, which includes X1-3, Origins and The Wolverine. While we can take mechanics from the films in question, combat showings don't work so well, as we don't know how Wolverine's history might be different over that 50 year period now. Things might have occurred/not occurred that influenced his training, skill level etc. and thus, influenced his combat showings in those films.

So the simplest solution for Versus matches is to just use Logan up until the end of The Wolverine, IMO. He didn't do anything really that notable in DoFP that he wasn't shown capable of in The Wolverine, so if you just use him up until before DoFP, he keeps the vast majority of his feats and no one has to argue about what's canon.

Then it also somewhat simplifies this match. Compare Logan's showings in between X2 and The Wolverine, and see whether or not it is enough to change the outcome of this fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.