The realm of speculation, theories and conclusions. Lord Star Killer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheDarthBoy
This is going to be a potential conversation starter, regarding the few characters in the EU that havent been seen often.

Since the writers of Disney wont touch them at all, I would say leave it up to the (Smart) fans to write some educated conclusions.

This doesnt mean they are now set in stone, its more or less an idea to shed some light upon a characters obscure feats, traits and few lesser details.

I would like to Start with Lord Starkiller, to me seems to have a healthy start ti me and I would like to know how powerful do you think he may or may not be as a combatant.

Do you think he is an improvement or a determent?

Zenwolf
Lord Starkiller as in...

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h474/mangoes7/image-5.png

Right?

Or do you mean Starkiller(the Clone)?

Or do you mean Galen Marek?

Or do you mean the Dark Apprentice?

Beniboybling
I think he means Lord Starkiller.

TheDarthBoy
The one in the picture, yes Lord Starkiller.

Syndicate
Vader level with added benefit of lightning.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
This is going to be a potential conversation starter, regarding the few characters in the EU that havent been seen often.

Since the writers of Disney wont touch them at all, I would say leave it up to the (Smart) fans to write some educated conclusions.

This doesnt mean they are now set in stone, its more or less an idea to shed some light upon a characters obscure feats, traits and few lesser details.

I would like to Start with Lord Starkiller, to me seems to have a healthy start ti me and I would like to know how powerful do you think he may or may not be as a combatant.

Do you think he is an improvement or a determent?

Interesting topic. I'll get back to you in a bit.

chilled monkey
First let's look at Lord Starkiller's depiction in the novel. While this is just a Force vision I think it's applicable since it's meant to be Galen seeing where the dark path will ultimately lead him.

Lord Starkiller is stated in the novel to be a master of Juyo. Accordingly his fighting style is fast and almost solely offense-focused to the point where he doesn't even bother dodging/blocking some blows and is willing to take light hits. However he's not a raging berzerker either. His attack is described as hiding "deadly subtleties beneath its wide swing" indicating a high level of finesse. He's also good at both integrating Force powers into his bladework and using his surroundings as a weapon, ripping planks from the walls and throwing them at his foe. He notes that even though the planks are deflected it still distracts his foe and takes energy away from his attacks, meaning he's a smart and observant fighter.

Next he sends lightning under his foe's guard. Although it is reflected, Lord Starkiller endures the pain and keeps amping it up until they're blown apart, showing high pain tolerance. Finally he uses the Force to haul himself up and Force grip his foe, lifting him into the air, before stabbing him to death.

In short, he is a fast and vicous offensive dervish but is also smart, tactical and skilful, with Force powers both strong and decently precise. As Jensaarai1 or EvanNova95 might put it, Lord Starkiller is not a tank come to crush you. He is a panther come to maul you.

The Merchant
Probably ESB Vader level. He had difficulty taking down a Dark Side Luke.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
Probably ESB Vader level. He had difficulty taking down a Dark Side Luke.

Eh I wouldn't say he had difficulty, he thoroughly trashed him.

hutchy1345
Who do you think would be the strongest iteration of starkiller? Dark apprentice?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Eh I wouldn't say he had difficulty, he thoroughly trashed him.

I agree. In the cut-scenes he defeats Luke with ease.

Which brings me to my next point:

Lord Starkiller carries several lightsabres, stated to be trophies from defeated Jedi. While we don't know the circumstances of those fights we can take from this that he's at least capable.

He later defeats Ben Kenobi. Despite what some people think this is actually highly impressive. Ben may be past his prime but he was still a formidable foe. Vader has even noted that if he'd taken his focus off of Ben for even a split-second Ben would have killed him.

Next he defeats Luke Skywalker. While this version of Luke hadn't yet been trained by Yoda his Force abilities seem to be stronger than his regular self. Note how easily he rips off some blast doors. Perhaps after Ben's death he rigorously trained himself to get stronger. In any case Starkiller easily beats him in the cut-scenes.

Again, all this points to him being a powerful combatant.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Lord Starkiller carries several lightsabres, stated to be trophies from defeated Jedi. While we don't know the circumstances of those fights we can take from this that he's at least capable.

He later defeats Ben Kenobi. Despite what some people think this is actually highly impressive. Ben may be past his prime but he was still a formidable foe. Vader has even noted that if he'd taken his focus off of Ben for even a split-second Ben would have killed him.

Next he defeats Luke Skywalker. While this version of Luke hadn't yet been trained by Yoda his Force abilities seem to be stronger than his regular self. Note how easily he rips off some blast doors. Perhaps after Ben's death he rigorously trained himself to get stronger. In any case Starkiller easily beats him in the cut-scenes.

Well Luke in this timeline was trained by Ben's spirit though yeah, Luke showed some impressive Force ability. I wanna also say he showed a nice Force Valor feat, given he was thrown across the hanger and then later smashed onto a moving snowspeeder, getting right back up and continuing to fight.

TK ripping off steel doors, powerful Force Push to send Lord Starkiller flying across the hanger bay and casually shutting a large blast door behind him.

He also displayed Saber Throw and Force Absorption against Lighting, when he turned to using the dark side, he showed Force Lighting(rather impressive given he just seemed to do it without any knowledge or training) and Force Repulse powerful enough to send 3 Snowtroopers flying.

TheDarthBoy
This is interesting indeed, I never saw it through these eyes before.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by chilled monkey

I think most of those trophies are from the main-game. I spy his first saber, Rahm Kota's, Shaak Ti's, and Darth Vader's.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.