Ultimate Reed replaces DCnU Luther

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
What would be the impact of DCnU Earth if Ulitmate Reed replaced Lex Luther?

Galan007
DC earth would be phucked, imo.

DarkSaint85
thumb up.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Galan007

Co-signed

the Darkone

No they wouldn't they have phucking Batman and um, wait hold on I got some names, hold on.

Nevermind, your right stick out tongue

Sin I AM
Constantine solos

the Darkone
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Constantine solos

highly doubt that, Maker is so far beyond Constantine

SquallX
Originally posted by the Darkone
highly doubt that, Maker is so far beyond Constantine

I don't think so.

Constantine on the fly tricked Darkseid, ****ed with the Stranger, ****ed with that giant black phycho chick. Forgot her name.

Mindset
Originally posted by SquallX
I don't think so.

Constantine on the fly tricked Darkseid, ****ed with the Stranger, ****ed with that giant black phycho chick. Forgot her name. Sin I Am

Galan007
Constantine solos Hard to say, but I doubt it--especially when we factor in everything Maker has at his disposal.

After all, Maker is to science what Constantine is to magic.

Genii96
Maker would really screw up their earth

Blue Area Vet

Yup, no Vaseline.

carver9
Hard to say, but I doubt it--especially when we factor in everything Maker has at his disposal.

This. Extremely dangerous guy.

Sin I AM
Hard to say, but I doubt it--especially when we factor in everything Maker has at his disposal.

Didnt Constantine threaten the presence? I dont see it as all that cut and dry.

krisblaze
All that hype and 'Maker' still couldn't stop the Ultimate Universe from running a train on Sue.

Surtur
Let's hope Marvel locks up all their cakes, lest they be stolen, because that would be terrible.

EDIT: Okay sorry, I replied as if this was Reed and Lex switching places.

RadZoa
Maker is smarter than 616 Reed?

Galan007
Didnt Constantine threaten the presence? No.

krisblaze
Didnt Constantine threaten the presence? I dont see it as all that cut and dry.
When people say this they're probably referring to the time when Constantine sort of forced the presence's hand.

I don't remember what he wanted to accomplish, but as far as I can recall he said something to the effect of;

"When I start shit, a lot of shit goes down. Wouldn't it be better if I could just have what I want"

And the presence's avatar or whatever said "okay, you've earned it"

DarkSaint85
Yeah, and the Presence always meant it to be that way (one of those annoying things).

I mean, the sheer number of metas that the City would be pumping out, not to mention the various concepts in DCnU that he could exploit (the Red/Green etc, the Speed Force) and weaponise....

beatboks
Originally posted by krisblaze
When people say this they're probably referring to the time when Constantine sort of forced the presence's hand.

I don't remember what he wanted to accomplish, but as far as I can recall he said something to the effect of;

"When I start shit, a lot of shit goes down. Wouldn't it be better if I could just have what I want"

And the presence's avatar or whatever said "okay, you've earned it"

Not exactly. Con John just pointed out that given enough time he'd take over Hell and that he'd be a much bigger thawn in the presence's plans than any other who ciuld rule hell. The presence agreed and gave him what he wanted to prevent it.

beatboks
Oh in regards to the thread topic.
Maker would actually succeed in everthing Lex ever wanted to do.
Short answer Superman would be screwed.

SquallX
Originally posted by beatboks
Not exactly. Con John just pointed out that given enough time he'd take over Hell and that he'd be a much bigger thawn in the presence's plans than any other who ciuld rule hell. The presence agreed and gave him what he wanted to prevent it.

I always interpreted that scene as the Presence not really caring. The Presense could have killed John,then take and trap his soul for all eternity in a different plane and refusing it from ever going to hell.

All the Presence did was to humor John.

beatboks
Originally posted by SquallX
I always interpreted that scene as the Presence not really caring. The Presense could have killed John,then take and trap his soul for all eternity in a different plane and refusing it from ever going to hell.

All the Presence did was to humor John.

But to do that would have denied free will which is out of character for the presence. In short John did what he always does played the character weakness of the one he faced against him. Of course the presence could have simply wiped him from existence, but that isnt how he acts.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by RadZoa
Maker is smarter than 616 Reed?

He's more devious I'm not sure I'd say smarter though he uses his brain in ways where he's willing to do anything no matter how it e.ffects others

Galan007
I believe Maker is smarter than 616 Reed, tbh. Remember, he's got an extra 1,000 years of evolution under his belt, thanks to The City.

...Not to mention that his feats/accolades back-up the notion that he is superior, imo. For example: the dude's Children/tech steamrolled earth 616 like it was fodder. He also outsmarted/owned 616 Reed toward the end of Secret Wars. /shrug

RadZoa
Recommended readings for Maker?

Galan007
^ Ultimate Comics - The Ultimates #001-012 (2011-2012)
Avengers #041-044 (2015)
Secret Wars #000-009 (2015-2016)

EcstaticGrace
I believe Maker is smarter than 616 Reed, tbh. Remember, he's got an extra 1,000 years of evolution under his belt, thanks to The City.

...Not to mention that his feats/accolades back-up the notion that he is superior, imo. For example: the dude's Children/tech steamrolled earth 616 like it was fodder. He also outsmarted/owned 616 Reed toward the end of Secret Wars. /shrug

I don't feel like he outsmarted Mr. Fantastic in Secret Wars I just think 616 Reed was naive and thought the other him would be willing to follow the plan they set up.

krisblaze
Theyre both smarter than Doom, at least we can all agree on that much.

Genii96
Maker should be smarter,he has 1000+ years of inventions, he can stretch his brain to accommodate any amount of info,and his creations speak for themselves

DarkSaint85

thumb up I wanted to draft him, Firestorm and Makkari for a tourney. It would have been glorious.

Sin I AM
Reed. Any reed is overrated. For all their vaulted intelligence they have well defined limits.

Galan007
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up I wanted to draft him, Firestorm and Makkari for a tourney. It would have been glorious. Honestly, that is a nigh-unbeatable combo.

...Just imagining what a Maker/Firestorm amalgam would be capable of gives me a raging semi. thumb up

One Big Mob
Reed. Any reed is overrated. For all their vaulted intelligence they have well defined limits. You have defined limits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.