Darth Vader vs Prince Arcann

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
This seems to be a contentious issue so let's see it properly debated. smile

Round 1: CANON feats for Vader only.

Round 2: CANON/LEGENDS composite for Vader.

Both characters are in their primes. Battle takes place in the Eternal Throne Room. Who wins?

hutchy1345
Arcann

Beniboybling
Reasons?

hutchy1345
Lightning > vader

SunRazer
lmao

Tondemonai
Round 1 I'd give the slightest edge to Arcann. I'm more impressed with his way of utilizing his TK in mid-combat.

Round 2 Not sure atm, but leaning toward Vader. His raw power is too much to handle if given the chance to abuse it, which I don't see him doing, but still could probably pull a majority. I'm not solidly on Vaders side, more of a gut feeling. I'd like to see an argument for him.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Round 1 I'd give the slightest edge to Arcann. I'm more impressed with his way of utilizing his TK in mid-combat.

Holy****ingkek, wut?

S_W_LeGenD
Round 2 Not sure atm, but leaning toward Vader. His raw power is too much to handle if given the chance to abuse it, which I don't see him doing, but still could probably pull a majority. I'm not solidly on Vaders side, more of a gut feeling. I'd like to see an argument for him.
You sure about this?

Arcann have survived some serious shit.

Have a look at the power needed to overwhelm Arcann momentarily:

http://i.imgur.com/9bNkGgr.gif

To give you an idea; Exar Kun (one of the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history) could not unleash similar power without the use of a powerful amulet.

Also, notice the sheer drop below? Arcann survived that too...

Darth Vader does not have these kind of abilities. And telekinesis isn't enough to stop Arcann.

hutchy1345
Darth Vader is hardly gonna ragdoll someone of arcann's abilities
Also arcann is hardly a slouch of a duelist himself
Imo arcann>>vader in force
vader>arcann in sabers
all out however arcann>vader

Beniboybling
What feats does Arcann have that demonstrate superiority in the Force? smile

AncientPower
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
To give you an idea; Exar Kun (one of the most powerful Sith Lords in galactic history) could not unleash similar power without the use of a powerful amulet.

How does a Force blast compare to lightning? Also Kun's amulet would have had a negligible effect on his power by his prime; given that Dynasty of Evil likened an amulet's amplification of Bane's power to putting a drop in an ocean.

Beniboybling
An amulet =/= all amulets. Kun's gauntlet belonged to Naga Sadow, multiplied is rage a thousand fold and its twin gave Ulic more power than Aleema's Sith magic ever had.

FreshestSlice

Have a look at the power needed to overwhelm Arcann momentarily:

http://i.imgur.com/9bNkGgr.gif

I'm not going to say Arcann isn't impressive. What I'm going to say is that a crate can do the exact same thing in this situation.

NewGuy01
Vader > Emperor Arcann, let alone Prince Arcann.

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Beniboybling
What feats does Arcann have that demonstrate superiority in the Force? smile
If valkorion hit vader with the blast he hit arcann with
Well
There wouldn't be much of vader left his suit would probs fry in a nanosecond

Tondemonai
What I'm saying is Prime Composite Vader > Prince Arcann. Emperor Arcann I'd argue otherwise.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He obviously meant Emperor Arcann lmfao

Beniboybling
This is Arcann in his prime, I called him Prince because that is his place. smileOriginally posted by hutchy1345
Well
There wouldn't be much of vader left his suit would probs fry in a nanosecond Proof?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He obviously meant Emperor Arcann lmfao

It said Prince in the OP. smile

I answered accordingly. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah but he meant prime, (or in other words, Emperor) Arcann. Him saying "peeps b discussing this shit" and "both in their primes" kind of tipped me off. smile

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
How does a Force blast compare to lightning? Also Kun's amulet would have had a negligible effect on his power by his prime; given that Dynasty of Evil likened an amulet's amplification of Bane's power to putting a drop in an ocean.
Valkorion clearly unleashed a Force blast to knock Arcann from the platform because his Force lightning Storm was not producing the desirable results. Learn to differentiate between the powers. Not everything you see containing Lightning-like effects is actually Force lightning.

There are some Dark Side powers that do not manifest without the involvement of Force lightning as an ingredient. Examples include Force maelstrom and Force storm.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I'm not going to say Arcann isn't impressive. What I'm going to say is that a crate can do the exact same thing in this situation.
Then what was stopping the Outlander from using one? Your assertion is far from true.

We cannot rule out the possibility of the two hurling large objects towards each other during the phase of the confrontation that is not documented.

Originally posted by hutchy1345
Well
There wouldn't be much of vader left his suit would probs fry in a nanosecond
This.

People tend to forget that Arcann is being officially promoted as exceptionally good in the defensive aspects of the Force. Only Valkorion's powers were able to affect him in the available content.

And Darth Vader is no where close to Valkorion.

What I'm saying is Prime Composite Vader > Prince Arcann. Emperor Arcann I'd argue otherwise.
Fair enough

FreshestSlice

Then what was stopping the Outlander from using one? Your assertion is far from true.

Except even Koth can drop a crate on Arcann...Like it's already happened.

S_W_LeGenD
This is Arcann in his prime, I called him Prince because that is his place. smile Proof?
You need proof of the assertion that Valkorion's powers would destroy Darth Vader? laughing out loud

I would expect the same from Palpatine.

S_W_LeGenD
Except even Koth can drop a crate on Arcann...Like it's already happened.
That was not a crate, it was part of the structure and truly massive in size. It was a circumstantial event because Arcann was not expecting that move; he was not aware of that somebody would come to the aid of the Outlander.

I would like to see Darth Vader pull it off against Arcann without the element of surprise.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Freshest is clearly trolling. smile

Beniboybling
You need proof of the assertion that Valkorion's powers would destroy Darth Vader? laughing out loud

I would expect the same from Palpatine. Are you seriously asking whether I need proof of a claim? Lmao.

S_W_LeGenD
Are you seriously asking whether I need proof of a claim? Lmao.
Valkorion would utterly destroy Darth Vader in a duel, full stop.

Don't ask silly questions.

AncientPower
How is that a Force blast? The properties aren't even remotely similar to the doomray Kun produces; What Valkorion uses is probably Force destruction if anything.

FreshestSlice
That was not a crate, it was part of the structure and truly massive in size. It was a circumstantial event because Arcann was not expecting that move; he was not aware of that somebody would come to the aid of the Outlander.

I would like to see Darth Vader pull it off against Arcann without the element of surprise.
a truly massive structure? That got shot down by a rifle? M'kay. I'm pretty sure Vader would just move out of the way like anyone not hell bent on getting needless revenge. And it's still about the size of a crate.

Beniboybling

Don't ask silly questions. Lel. As he did to Arcann, what point exactly are you trying to make?

NewGuy01

Probably not. No evidence supports Valkorion becoming more capable with a lightsaber between Revan and KOTFE.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
smile

S_W_LeGenD
a truly massive structure? That got shot down by a rifle? M'kay. I'm pretty sure Vader would just move out of the way like anyone not hell bent on getting needless revenge. And it's still about the size of a crate.
Yes, have a look:

http://i64.tinypic.com/148hydc.png

http://i64.tinypic.com/2d2fvr9.png

Notice the size in the structure in second image?

We are talking about Sci-Fi rifles, my friend. There firepower would be excellent. smile

S_W_LeGenD
Lel. As he did to Arcann, what point exactly are you trying to make?
Arcann does not wears a cybernetic armor and nor does his life depends upon it.

Moreover, SWTOR content does not animates injures. We don't know how much injured Arcann was after the attack.

An energy field generator (used like a missile) was sufficient to wreck Darth Vader's armor and mortally wound him. This when Darth Vader was actively trying to protect himself from external barrage.

You think that Darth Vader will be able to tank Valkorion's powers? This is really idiotic and overreaching on your part.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Probably not. No evidence supports Valkorion becoming more capable with a lightsaber between Revan and KOTFE.
My bad... read it as Force powers

Beniboybling
Lmao, cancerous. What does Vader's suit have to do with Arcann being more powerful?

hutchy1345
It's got nothing to do with him being more powerful
But has everything to do with their ability to survive lightning or energy based attacks
You may feel vader is stronger
But arcann can survive lightning, vader can't

Beniboybling
Eh? I asked you what proof there is that Arcann is more powerful than Vader in the Force. A claim you made. So it's got everything to do with that.

But cool, Arcann can survive lightning that might have short circuited Vader's suit. So what? If that doesn't prove Arcann's more powerful, who cares?

hutchy1345
The size of the structure he brought down is enough proof

Beniboybling
What structure. erm

hutchy1345
Never mind wrong thing
What's vaders best force feats?

AncientPower
So Vader's suit, which is insulated, and incorporates Dark armor and a Sith amulet to aid in his defensive measures against Force lightning.... makes him weaker to Force lightning?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Never mind wrong thing
What's vaders best force feats? I'd suggest looking in to that yourself. smile

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/darth-vader-respect-thread-part-1-1576417/
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/darth-vader-respect-thread-part-2-1643437/

Lifting an AT-AT, tanking a massive factory explosion, choking someone over radio transmission, easily overpowering Starkiller and blowing up Lyleks with carapaces tougher than military grade armor to name a few.

FreshestSlice
Yes, have a look:

*snip*
We are talking about Sci-Fi rifles, my friend. There firepower would be excellent. smile
Yeah, that's about the size of a crate, kek. And blaster rifles haven't suddenly become more powerful since KotFE started.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
So Vader's suit, which is insulated, and incorporates Dark armor and a Sith amulet to aid in his defensive measures against Force lightning.... makes him weaker to Force lightning?
He is not weak to Force Lightning but his defenses have limitations. Valkorion's Force Lightning is way too powerful and potent for him to counter.

Darth Marr also had formidable defenses. Look what happened to him.

Yeah, that's about the size of a crate, kek. And blaster rifles haven't suddenly become more powerful since KotFE started.
Crates significantly vary in size. A container would be more appropriate word to use.

Also, the container-like object was pure machinery actually; very heavy.

It was no ordinary blaster rifle. Companions tend to have powerful equipment.

Fated Xtasy
Didn't read but because I'm a Vader wanker I'll say Vader.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Didn't read but because I'm a Vader wanker I'll say Vader.

It's not wank when it's true.

Beniboybling
smile

FreshestSlice
Crates significantly vary in size. A container would be more appropriate word to use.

That's some shit logic because containers also significantly vary in size, much more so actually.

Being "pure machinery" doesn't make something heavy, or even heavier than crates which hold objects, lel.

"Powerful equipment?" A blaster is a blaster; a lightsaber, a lightsaber. Gameplay story segregation.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
It's not wank when it's true.

smile

https://media.riffsy.com/images/bc49ca17823974b06c5b5a02f581b7f5/raw

NewGuy01
He is not weak to Force Lightning but his defenses have limitations. Valkorion's Force Lightning is way too powerful and potent for him to counter.

So what's your answer to Vader walking out of a temple-busting dark side energy explosion unscathed in Rebels?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Kek Valkorion still oneshots

NewGuy01
The temple's power could scorch the surfaces of planets. Your argument is invalid.

carthage
Vader sweeps

NTJack0
Vader slaughters him and his entire family.

Beniboybling
So what's your answer to Vader walking out of a temple-busting dark side energy explosion unscathed in Rebels? thumb up

Tbh this is easily one of Vader's most impressive feats to date.

S_W_LeGenD
So what's your answer to Vader walking out of a temple-busting dark side energy explosion unscathed in Rebels?
Lord Kas'im? Meetra Surik? Darth Nihilus? Revan?

That showing proves nothing vis-a-vis Valkorion.

SunRazer
What? lol

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
What? lol
Lord Kas'im tanked a wave of Dark Side energy that destroyed the huge Lehon Temple.

Meetra Surik and Darth Nihilus survived Mass Shadow Generator.

Revan could tolerate the explosion of Machine Core of Temple of Sacrifice at point blank range (if players chose to sabotage it), an explosion that was potent enough to eliminate everything caught in its blast radius.

REMINDER

An energy field generator (used like a missile) was sufficient to wreck Darth Vader's armor and mortally wound him. This when Darth Vader was actively trying to protect himself from external barrage.

Darth Vader's showings proves nothing vis-a-vis Valkorion, period.

SunRazer
Huh. Looks like you've just countered NewGuy01. I'll leave the humiliation to him.

Beniboybling
Lord Kas'im tanked a wave of Dark Side energy that destroyed the huge Lehon Temple.

Meetra Surik and Darth Nihilus survived Mass Shadow Generator.

Revan could tolerate the explosion of Machine Core of Temple of Sacrifice at point blank range (if players chose to sabotage it), an explosion that was potent enough to eliminate everything caught in its blast radius.

REMINDER

Darth Vader's showings proves nothing vis-a-vis Valkorion, period. lmao

Also source for that feat, I assume its Canon?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by SunRazer
What? lol

NewGuy01

Bane's TK wave that shattered the stone supports of the Temple of the Ancients, causing it to collapse on itself.

V.S

A dark side superweapon that exploded and blasted Malachor's Battle Station into charred ruins.

Really now.

Meetra was not on the planet?

Good for him, he's better than Arcann too.

Must I remind you how Arcann's face and arm got blown off in an explosion?

S_W_LeGenD
Bane's TK wave that shattered the stone supports of the Temple of the Ancients, causing it to collapse on itself.

V.S

A dark side superweapon that exploded and blasted Malachor's Battle Station into charred ruins.
Darth Bane's Force-wave, augmented by the nexus setting, was potent enough to pulverize the body of a living being. This power was just as lethal as that of Darth Plagueis.

Really now.
Indeed.

Point is that powerful Force-users tend to have formidable defensive abilities. They can endure shit that a normal living being cannot. Darth Vader didn't accomplish anything unique with his defensive abilities so far.

When he will tank Palpatine's powers, let me know.

Meetra was not on the planet?
So?

Mass Shadow Generator destroyed a large number of Starships above the planet as well. Meetra Surik experienced the event but was lucky enough to escape.

On the other hand, Darth Nihilus was not so lucky! Yet he survived. There were a few other survivors as well b/w.

Good for him, he's better than Arcann too.
Possible.

Valkorion could one-shot him as well.

Must I remind you how Arcann's face and arm got blown off in an explosion?
Yes, before his prime.

Later on, he tolerated a massive pillar of stone falling over him, a powerful Force Lighting Storm of Valkorion (that downed scores of Starships in the vicinity), a powerful Force-blast of Valkorion and a drop thousands of feet below from a platform.

I would like to see Darth Vader facing aforementioned situations and living to tell the tale. He can't.

Beniboybling
Jesus Christ. erm

NewGuy01
Darth Bane's Force-wave, augmented by the nexus setting, was potent enough to pulverize the body of a living being. This power was just as lethal as that of Darth Plagueis.

IIRC it the impact was just enough to pulverize bones and internal organs, contrasting with Plagueis who reduced his foes to bloodstains, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Regardless, TK blasts and energy blasts are different in nature.

Don't think I've ever heard LeG curse before, tbh.

I don't recall there ever being any mention of such a situation in Meetra's case.

That's probably not true. Even if it was, it's kinda irrelevant considering this thread has nothing to do with Valkorion.

And now Vader has tolerated a dark side energy explosion that obliterated the Malachor Temple.

Yeah, because Valkorion is dead. erm

QuakeBlood
Vader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.