Star Wars What if:Valentthyne went in Hoths place at the thought bomb.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheDarthBoy
Okay after messing around with Hoth abit, a what if did actually hit me along time ago.

I have decided to make a What if kind thing going on as well, this one I found to be interesting.

What if Lord Valenthyne Farfalla switched places with Hoth?
How would it change the many events of the Rule of Two?
And the more interesting one how would the duel of Tython ended?

Well to me if Valenthyne switched places and managed to convince the great general, than for one thing the General would actually have a greater respect for him than usual. Seeing him as a true follower of the army of light.

If Farfalla actually did arrive in the cave Kaan would be more than disappointed, though would activate it either way. The insanity of the thought bomb would already make him detonate it anyway resulting in the same destruction of Ruusan.

As for Lord Hoth he would return celebrated as a hero to the republic, and perhaps he would find inner peace in some way.
Though I think he would still suffer from the after effects from the battle of Ruusan.

How would this effect Johun Othone, well considering that Hoth is still alive, he would most likely train under, the famed general himself. Johun under Hoths tutelage would have his training and skill as a Jedi increase since he would actually finish it. Though his robust and hardend nature of said training would make him if not as blunt as his master.

Now lets say he would still serve under chancelor Valoram as he did normally.
For one, Johun would easily dispatch the assassins with his better training from a seasoned veteran. Valoram would praise his efforts ever more seeing this Jedi in the same if better light for the protection. Since the assassins were all dead, this could change events dramtically.

Lets say for the sake of the duel on Tython, in a hypothetical chain of events one of them did survive. Hettons goons would still take Zannah to the man, and she would still earn his trust in the same manner. Johun would still push for the Ruusann reformations harder than ever, due to his bluntness and still run into Darovit.

Which would lead to Hettons inevitable demise, and Banes trip to Tython. Darth Zanna and Darvoit would still meet each other, though Hoth and Johun would be on the case instead of Farfalla's slow walk. Hoth would most likely make the same decision Valenthyne made and gather the same jedi as they did serve under him in the war.

Now with Hoth in place of Valenthyne would the duel be different?
Would Hoth and Raksta keep Bane at bay better?
Would Hoths efforts and greater physical strength then Valenthyne make a difference?
Not only that Zannah will be dealing with Sarro Xaj and much more refined and deadly Johun Othone.

I wont make the verdict of the fight as I did find it interesting on how it would end. And I do have another hypothetical ending, though it would be to drastic and non entertaining.

Emperordmb
If they switched places, the Jedi wouldn't have been as eager to accept the death of every Sith, and the mercenaries would've raised more heads. I do believe however Bane's talents in subterfuge would allow them to stay hidden, but with no death of Lord Hoth to spur Johun's building of the monument, Johun not being pushed in a political direction where he had the leverage to call for the monument, and Johun not being as tempered by Farfalla to manage to get Darovit to listen, I highly doubt events would've played out in such a way where Johun or Hoth actually learned of Bane's existence to begin with, so I highly doubt that duel would take place.

If it did however, I find it likely the Jedi would've won, as Hoth outstrips Farfalla as a combatant physically, tactically, martial arts wise, and he is at least on the same level as him as a Force wielder. Johun would be a complete badass in this alternate timeline as well given his own impressive natural ability and Hoth actually training him to knighthood rather than Farfalla.

Syndicate
I think Zannah would have actually fallen and then Bane would have been overwhelmed thus ending the Rule of Two lineage before it began and completely altering the events of Galactic history from then on... Holy hell. An AU lore made for this would be spectacular.

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
If they switched places, the Jedi wouldn't have been as eager to accept the death of every Sith, and the mercenaries would've raised more heads. I do believe however Bane's talents in subterfuge would allow them to stay hidden, but with no death of Lord Hoth to spur Johun's building of the monument, Johun not being pushed in a political direction where he had the leverage to call for the monument, and Johun not being as tempered by Farfalla to manage to get Darovit to listen, I highly doubt events would've played out in such a way where Johun or Hoth actually learned of Bane's existence to begin with, so I highly doubt that duel would take place.

If it did however, I find it likely the Jedi would've won, as Hoth outstrips Farfalla as a combatant physically, tactically, martial arts wise, and he is at least on the same level as him as a Force wielder. Johun would be a complete badass in this alternate timeline as well given his own impressive natural ability and Hoth actually training him to knighthood rather than Farfalla.

I Agree DMB, which was why I said I had a different hypothetical view, but for the sake of entertainment and the Duel on the Tython yes none of it would not have happend for soo many reasons.

Emperordmb
Even if that duel never happened Hoth would've probably set the Sith back tbh. He would've kept the Ruusan Reformations at bay for a while.

TheDarthBoy
That and no Valley of the Jedi, alot of things would happen. I might make another what if later because these need to be explored.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.