Ulic Qel Droma vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fight takes place on flat, neutral terrain.

|King Joker|
Not sure. I could be persuaded for either.

carthage
Ulic but its really close

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Interesting. Reasoning?

Syndicate
Dooku.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Interesting. Reasoning?

Syndicate
More skilled, more powerful. While Ulic is likely physically superior and has a form advantage I find Dooku's advantages to be more useful in this engagement. I find the fight to be very close though and I could be swayed.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Syndicate
Dooku.

EmperorSidious2
In a sabers only battle I say Dooku.

Force not sure.

All out probably Dooku.

JKBart
Dooku is pretty much superior in every regard.

Sure, Ulic has some neat advantage within his combative manner; Djem So's stylistics, incredible physical force, on-par speed, wonderful offensive onslaughts and such, but comparing them overall in their dueling skills and capabilities, Dooku is a notch higher. Ulic's stylistic advantage isn't enough to make up for the general gap between them.

I doubt Force power comes much into play. Dooku is leaps and bounds above Ulic in power output within offensive displays, is incredibly masterful in Force usage mid-combat (unlike 99% of characters), but Ulic's defensive applications are on par with Dooku and it can be inferred from theme that Ulic holds enough Force connection to trump most of Dooku's attempts with direct Force attacks.

Still, an great fight.

AncientPower
Ulic wins via attrition, neither can win quickly but the longer it drags on the more certain Ulic's victory is.

SunRazer
Dooku, but only just.

AncientPower
Interested to hear why, is he going to outfence him? Something can definitely be said for Dooku's mastery of Makashi but I can't see it taking a win over such a physically imposing and masterful swordsman. It definitely gives Dooku the experience to duel him for a long time.

Therein lies the problem though, the longer the duel drags on the stronger and more powerful Ulic gets. Dooku hasn't got the same luxury, he isn't tiring quickly by any means but Ulic is only going to get more formidable and harder to deal with.

Dooku can't take him through Force like he does to Anakin either, Ulic is a real tank defensively with the Force. Dooku has to win quickly and I can't see that, especially with Ulic's notable durability as well.

carthage
Pure sabers Dooku can't really generate enough kinetic energy against him, and Ulic will literally keep him on the defensive and eventually tire him out. This guy didn't have his defense smashed in by Exar smashing through Beskar Kun, and is just too relentless to allow the Count to exploit a weakness in his defense.

Nephthys
AP and Bart both make compelling arguments imo.

QuakeBlood
Could go either way.

MythLord
Anyone who can lift a basket of apples has the strength to overpower Dooku.

ILS
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.