Tony Stark (with prep) vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Interneton
Would Tony Stark be able to design an armor that would enable him to match Cavil's Superman?

Time-Immemorial
Superman shit stomps with any armor.

Silent Master
If Tony gets access to k-nite like Batman did, he wins.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Superman shit stomps with any armor. Hell, Superman stomps with all the armors, including War Machine.

Time-Immemorial
He took a nuke to the face while weakened from knite. His strength is out of this world now.

relentless1
only if Tony gets K would he be any sort of match for Kal, otherwise Supes murder stomps

golem370
How much info on Superman would he have and how much time to prep?

relentless1
Originally posted by golem370
How much info on Superman would he have and how much time to prep?

he could have all the info in the world and 10 years prep; without Kryptonite Iron Man doesnt stand a chance

golem370
Suit made of a combination of vibranium/adamantium that could also absorb solar energy amping his suit while draining Superman in the process, also incorporate Henry Pym's pym particle tech to shrink Superman out of existence.

Adam Grimes
Too many assumptions.

Time-Immemorial
Suit made of a combination of vibranium/adamantium that could also absorb solar energy amping his suit while draining Superman in the process, also incorporate Henry Pym's pym particle tech to shrink Superman out of existence.

laughing out loud

relentless1

- adamantium isnt available in the MCU

- vibranuim has shown that it can be broken

- theres no showings of anything absorbing solar radiation in any of the MCU films

- according to the Ant Man film shrinking technically makes you stronger so I don't know why anyone would try to do that to Superman

golem370
If I could think some stuff Tony Stark with prep could too he has the smarts the technical ability and marvel universe full of toys to come up with something with enough info and prep.

golem370
Henry lost his wife going to small atom size. You don't think they have solar powered stuff in Starks universe because they didn't have the element to replace the palladium that powered the suit until he created it. Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike are all in the MCU they had adamantium.

Arachnid1
Henry lost his wife going to small atom size. You don't think they have solar powered stuff in Starks universe because they didn't have the element to replace the palladium that powered the suit until he created it. Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike are all in the MCU they had adamantium. They are not a part of the MCU, different universe man

Time-Immemorial
He doesnt get it..

Henry_Pym
He took a nuke to the face while weakened from knite. His strength is out of this world now. he wasn't weakened and DD absorbed a large portion of the blast.

TheVaultDweller
It doesn't matter if Tony builds a 100 foot tall Mech Iron Man. Without Kryptonite it won't mean much in the end.

Psychotron
Superman rapes unless Tony has kryptonite.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
he wasn't weakened and DD absorbed a large portion of the blast.

He was weakened and you were already explained this in the Thor vs DD thread.

StealthRanger
Superman stomps viciously

CPT Space Bomb
If Tony has access to Kryptonite he destroys Superman worse than Batman did.

Scoobless
Originally posted by relentless1
he could have all the info in the world and 10 years prep; without Kryptonite Iron Man doesnt stand a chance

10 years?

I suppose the whole red sun radiation thing hasn't come up yet, but if "all the info in the world" includes Lex's K-nite research Tony could conceivably synthesize an artificial form of Kryptonite, or at least incorporate the wavelength into some type of microwave emitter (or whatever)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tony wins with enough Prep. He would find a way. People seem to forget this is Tony Stark we're talking about here. With minimal knowledge and little prep time, yes he would get stomped.

quanchi112
Tony stomps with prep. Batman raped him with a shitty suit he ordered online.

Surtur
Originally posted by quanchi112
Tony stomps with prep. Batman raped him with a shitty suit he ordered online.

Wait you can't order decent battle suits online? I...I need to go undo something.

golem370
He created a suit from scraps in a few days. Give us a prep time and prep info limit.

FrothByte
Depends on how much prep and how much info Tony will have access to. As another poster mentioned, a vibranium suit would give Superman pause. A nuke was also enough to KO Superman and might have permanently taken him out had he not been recharged by sunlight. That's not including Pym's shrinking technology. IM can probably just throw one of those shrinking discs at Superman, configure it to make him subatomic.

I'm not saying IM wins, just saying that there are ways for him to win given enough prep.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Of course there are Froth, not only can he win, he DOES win. Convincingly so.

Time-Immemorial
How does Ironman beat Superman now KT?

KuRuPT Thanosi
with Prep T.I. It's like this, if Batman can figure out a way to compete with Superman (for whatever reason) in a short amount of time... what do you think Tony could do in longer? He is every bit as intelligent as Batman, even more so when it comes to science and technology. He has just as many resources to implement any plan he comes up with. With enough prep he could figure out a way to create a synthetic version of K-Nite... he could simply open up a portal and BFR Superman.... figure out a way to use Lois or the people he loves to his advantage... figure out a way to capture Superman in a some kind of stasis field or chamber. So are so many things a hyper genius like Stark could come up with In Re: Prep. The only issue he'd run into is, is if didn't have much knowledge of Superman and history. That could be a negative if not given enough. However, if he gets enough.. and given a decent amount of time... Tony would find a way.

FrothByte
And this is considering Tony only has access to Earthly tech. If he managed to tap in to Asgardian tech and weapons... that would be something else.

After all if I was Tony and I was scheduled for a death duel with a super powerful alien, I'd ask knowledge, training and assistance from all my friends. That includes the prince of Asgard.

Tattoos N Scars
Supes beheads hum at supersonic speeds.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Supes beheads hum at supersonic speeds.

Won't work if he had a vibranium suit.

Psychotron
A lot of Ifs and Buts. Tony is not winning this without weakness exploitation.

Surtur
Originally posted by FrothByte
Won't work if he had a vibranium suit.

When has Tony Stark ever had access to such a suit? Did he build a vibranium suit or something?

I realize he helped design Ultron, but that wasn't all Tony Stark.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
he wasn't weakened and DD absorbed a large portion of the blast. DD didn't absorb anything. He evolved from it. Supes took just as much of the nuke as him.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
When has Tony Stark ever had access to such a suit? Did he build a vibranium suit or something?

I realize he helped design Ultron, but that wasn't all Tony Stark.

Because now that AoU has completed, Tony Stark knows where to get more vibranium and what it does. And if you're going up against someone like Superman and had 1 year prep time, wouldn't you build a suit with the strongest material you know existed? Tony Stark isn't dumb you know.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Psychotron

It's pretty useless to give someone 10 years of prep if you're going to limit them to only what they've shown on screen instead of what they're potentially capable of in 10 yrs.

Surtur
And this is considering Tony only has access to Earthly tech. If he managed to tap in to Asgardian tech and weapons... that would be something else.

After all if I was Tony and I was scheduled for a death duel with a super powerful alien, I'd ask knowledge, training and assistance from all my friends. That includes the prince of Asgard.

You're basically at this point giving Tony access to all the technology on Marvel Earth, but he really doesn't normally have access to stuff from Asgard nor does he have Pym shrinking tech or any of that. This is basically then "the technology of the marvel universe vs superman".

Tony Stark, specifically tapping into stuff from his own Stark resources or whatever..can't win this fight.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Surtur
You're basically at this point giving Tony access to all the technology on Marvel Earth, but he really doesn't normally have access to stuff from Asgard nor does he have Pym shrinking tech or any of that. This is basically then "the technology of the marvel universe vs superman".

Tony Stark, specifically tapping into stuff from his own Stark resources or whatever..can't win this fight.

You're giving Stark 10 yrs of prep but saying he can't use his wealth to buy off other tech and equipment, can't use his hacking skills to copy other tech, and can't use his friendship to get assistance from others?

Why give him 10 yrs prep then? Might as well put a stip that says "Stark is not allowed to go outside of his building for 10 yrs".

Silent Master
Tony is rather rich, he should be easily capable of buying or leasing any tech he needs.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Supes beheads hum at supersonic speeds. Give me one example of him doing so. Fanboys like yourself make shit up because they are upset their characters lose.

Time-Immemorial
You're giving Stark 10 yrs of prep but saying he can't use his wealth to buy off other tech and equipment, can't use his hacking skills to copy other tech, and can't use his friendship to get assistance from others?

Why give him 10 yrs prep then? Might as well put a stip that says "Stark is not allowed to go outside of his building for 10 yrs".

The thread has no scope and its actually a stupid thread.

Psychotron
It's pretty useless to give someone 10 years of prep if you're going to limit them to only what they've shown on screen instead of what they're potentially capable of in 10 yrs.

Well, ok. Tony grabs the Ultimate Nullifier and wins.

quanchi112
Well, ok. Tony grabs the Ultimate Nullifier and wins. Quit pouting.

FrothByte
Well, ok. Tony grabs the Ultimate Nullifier and wins.

I'm trying to provide a realistic scenario for Tony basing it from what we know of the MCU universe so far. We know there's a lot of vibranium from Wakanda. We know Tony is now aware of that because of AoU. We know Tony is filthy rich, has connections in the black market, is an exceptional hacker and has some pretty powerful friends. It's not such a stretch to assume that he can create a vibranium suit given even 1 yr prep.

Psychotron
I'm trying to provide a realistic scenario for Tony basing it from what we know of the MCU universe so far. We know there's a lot of vibranium from Wakanda. We know Tony is now aware of that because of AoU. We know Tony is filthy rich, has connections in the black market, is an exceptional hacker and has some pretty powerful friends. It's not such a stretch to assume that he can create a vibranium suit given even 1 yr prep.

Okay, Superman takes him into outer space and drops him on the Moon. Now what?

quanchi112
Okay, Superman takes him into outer space and drops him on the Moon. Now what? Quit making things up.

Psychotron
Quit making things up.

Lol, what am I making up? Superman has taken both Doomsday and Zod into space. Iron Man can't stop him.

FrothByte
Okay, Superman takes him into outer space and drops him on the Moon. Now what?

IM puts a shrinking disk on Superman while he's flying him off.

quanchi112
Lol, what am I making up? Superman has taken both Doomsday and Zod into space. Iron Man can't stop him. When did he take someone to the moon ?

Psychotron
IM puts a shrinking disk on Superman while he's flying him off.

So a micro Superman can get in IM's armor and rip him apart from the inside? Great idea.

Surtur

I didn't give him 10 years of prep?

FrothByte
So a micro Superman can get in IM's armor and rip him apart from the inside? Great idea.

If it makes Superman subatomic, there's not much he can do there.

Silent Master
IIRC Relentless is the one that mentioned 10 years of prep.

FrothByte
Sorry, I was just going by the highest number of years mentioned in this thread. OP never mentioned a specific number. Still, even 1 yr of prep allows Tony quite a lot of time to do stuff.

Psychotron
If it makes Superman subatomic, there's not much he can do there.

Well, I haven't seen Ant Man so IDK about that, but Superman is fast enough to avoid any such attack.

quanchi112
Look what Batman was able to do with far weaker technology against Superman.

Arachnid1
So a micro Superman can get in IM's armor and rip him apart from the inside? Great idea. I doubt Iron Man is fast enough. Supes would reduce him to scrap faster than he could say "Underdoos." That or Supes could just laser vision the hell out of him straight off the bat.

IM doesn't stance a chance with any tech that doesn't involve Kryptonite.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I doubt Iron Man is fast enough. Supes would reduce him to scrap faster than he could say "Underdoos." That or Supes could just laser vision the hell out of him straight off the bat.

IM doesn't stance a chance with any tech that doesn't involve Kryptonite. Superman wasn't strong enough to destroy Batman's suit. Quit ignoring the details. That's a fact.

FrothByte
I doubt Iron Man is fast enough. Supes would reduce him to scrap faster than he could say "Underdoos." That or Supes could just laser vision the hell out of him straight off the bat.

IM doesn't stance a chance with any tech that doesn't involve Kryptonite.

Assuming that IM has his vibranium suit, Superman won't be able to just tear him up or melt him with laser vision.

Also, Superman is fast but apparently he's not so fast that guys like Doomsday and Batman (who have no known superspeed) are incapable of landing hits on him.

Time-Immemorial
You are pretty much forgetting that just because the suit is made of vibranium, if that is even possible, that Superman can not tear it apart from in outside. You do realize there is a lot more to a suit then just the armor right?

SS was made from Adamentium and wolverine tore the armor off

So thats

>vibranium argument.

FrothByte
You are pretty much forgetting that just because the suit is made of vibranium, if that is even possible, that Superman can not tear it apart from in outside. You do realize there is a lot more to a suit then just the armor right?

SS was made from Adamentium and wolverine tore the armor off

So thats

>vibranium argument.

And that's why Superman was easily able to tear apart Batman's suit. Oh wait... he didn't...

Robtard
And that's why Superman was easily able to tear apart Batman's suit. Oh wait... he didn't...

Just pushing Batman left Superman's handprint in the suit. The reason why the suit lasted so long was due to Superman both holding back (per his comment) and then being seriously depowered due to K-nite poisoning. The suit still sustained damage though, the face mask was partially torn apart as an example.

We see Superman casually towing a huge freighter or tanker, do you really think a fully powered and unleashed Superman couldn't have easily destroyed the suit and killed Wayne with a single hit? Come on.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
Just pushing Batman left Superman's handprints in the suit. The reason why the suit lasted so long was due to Superman both holding back (per his comment) and then being seriously depowered due to K-nite poisoning. The suit still sustained damage though, the face mask was partially torn apart as an example.

We see Superman casually towing a huge freighter or tanker, do you really think a fully powered and unleashes Superman couldn't have easily destroyed the suit and killed Wayne with a single hit? Come on. He still was unable to destroy the suit. Fact. He attacked at full,power and even regained his power. Weak. That suit was pure trash. Superman can't stack up to Hulk strength. Maybe he should just stick to passing out holding up towers.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Are you new to prep fights?

FrothByte
Just pushing Batman left Superman's handprint in the suit. The reason why the suit lasted so long was due to Superman both holding back (per his comment) and then being seriously depowered due to K-nite poisoning. The suit still sustained damage though, the face mask was partially torn apart as an example.

We see Superman casually towing a huge freighter or tanker, do you really think a fully powered and unleashed Superman couldn't have easily destroyed the suit and killed Wayne with a single hit? Come on.

True, but I consider Tony's armor far better than Batman's. Plus if he did manage to make it out of adamantium, I'm pretty sure it can withstand a beating from Superman. Not indefinitely, but enough for him to launch some kind of offense.

Psychotron
Look what Batman was able to do with far weaker technology against Superman.

And Kryptonite which Tony doesn't have here.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why is it so hard to believe Tony could create a stasis field or chamber that would incapacitate superman? Why is it hard to believe IM would simply BFR superman into a Portal or vortex? Why is it so hard to believe IM could synthesis K-Nite or Red Sun radiation? It's freaking Tony Stark... He has prep.. he knows Superman is coming... He'll walk him directly into a trap.

Silent Master
The op doesn't say no k-nite.

Time-Immemorial

Your an idiot and you have no idea what concepts of the movie meant showing his strength and holding back. Batman never even made him bleed with the knite poisen before the beating.

At no point did Supe bleed from any batman attack. the only time he was cut was with the spear, and doomsday piercing him.

I'm starting to think you are borderline retarded.

Arachnid1
Superman wasn't strong enough to destroy Batman's suit. Quit ignoring the details. That's a fact. Kryptonite.

Facts are in the realm of logic. Not your forte.

FrothByte
Your an idiot and you have no idea what concepts of the movie meant showing his strength and holding back. Batman never even made him bleed with the knite poisen before the beating.

At no point did Supe bleed from any batman attack. the only time he was cut was with the spear, and doomsday piercing him.

I'm starting to think you are borderline retarded.

What? You don't think a holding back Superman could easily have torn off Batman's suit? Wouldn't that be the first thing you did if you didn't want to hurt your opponent? Put him in a bear hug, talk sense to him, and if he doesn't listen just tear off his suit without hurting him.

The fact that Superman didn't do those things implies that either a.) He was incapable of doing it or b.) He's too stupid to think about it.

Either way, basing from his previous actions I'm pretty sure "tearing armor off" won't be his first move against IM.

Time-Immemorial
You can't be serious. He never wanted to kill Batman, retard.

FrothByte
You can't be serious. He never wanted to kill Batman, retard.

Tearing off Batman's armor would not have killed Batman. And he had more than enough time to do that with his superior speed and strength even before Bats first hit him with his krypto gas.

And what's with all the insults? I'm not trying to pick a fight with you.

Time-Immemorial
Cause either you are purposely including CIS/ PIS or you just went and watched the movie and sat there like most other people here did and tried to pick apart why Superman didn't just kill him

Was it not clear when he said "I could have ended this already if I wanted to." That he was holding back.

Time-Immemorial

They missed the part of him holding a space rocket over his head, and towing the freighter through ice.

Arachnid1
Tearing off Batman's armor would not have killed Batman. And he had more than enough time to do that with his superior speed and strength even before Bats first hit him with his krypto gas.

And what's with all the insults? I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. Supes didn't destroy it because there was no point in him tearing off the suit. He could damage Bats with or without it. Wayne may as well be naked. The fact that Bats with his strength was crushing the suits fist against Supes' steel jaw alone proves Superman could dismantle it with his pinky if he wanted.

That and he wanted Batmans help. Why would he destroy a suit Bats could potentially use when they team up?

They missed the part of him holding a space rocket over his head, and towing the freighter through ice. That freighter feat is already bigger than anything Hulk has accomplished strength wise. Supes dwarfs him in both speed and strength.

Time-Immemorial
Supes didn't destroy it because there was no point in him tearing off the suit. He could damage Bats with or without it. Wayne may as well be naked. The fact that Bats with his strength was crushing the suits fist against Supes' steel jaw alone proves Superman could dismantle it with his pinky if he wanted.

That and he wanted Batmans help. Why would he destroy a suit Bats could potentially use when they team up?

Thank God for some reason around herethumb up

FrothByte
Meh. This whole "tearing the suit" was in response to TI saying that Superman can easily tear off a vibranium IM suit. Just saying that based on what we've seen of Superman, it doesn't seem like he easily just tears suits off, much less vibranium ones.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I fully believe Superman could've beaten Batman if he wanted to. I think Batman embarrassed him a little, but he was clearly holding back. It's not like Batman could really beat Superman or anything. Suit or no suit.

Time-Immemorial
Meh. This whole "tearing the suit" was in response to TI saying that Superman can easily tear off a vibranium IM suit. Just saying that based on what we've seen of Superman, it doesn't seem like he easily just tears suits off, much less vibranium ones.

So wait, a much weaker person like Wolverine can tear adamentium armor off an SS.

But a person that can pull a ice breaker through the Arctic, can't do a much easier feat for him like break some armor off the suit?

Get outa here.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I fully believe Superman could've beaten Batman if he wanted to. I think Batman embarrassed him a little, but he was clearly holding back. It's not like Batman could really beat Superman or anything. Suit or no suit.

Bro he never wanted to kill him, and even weakened, Batmans suit broke on hitting his face. If anything Supes embarrassed him, because Bats wanted to kill Superman, hence the Spear

Superman did not want to kill Batman, he was stalling for time and trying to reason with Batman to help him get his mom back.

Why are people not seeing these clearly easy things to see. This was all in the movie..

The first time Superman hit batman he barely touched him and sent him flying like a craptoid chump

Arachnid1
I fully believe Superman could've beaten Batman if he wanted to. I think Batman embarrassed him a little, but he was clearly holding back. It's not like Batman could really beat Superman or anything. Suit or no suit. I can agree with this. It's the beauty of plot devices like Kryptonite.

Meh. This whole "tearing the suit" was in response to TI saying that Superman can easily tear off a vibranium IM suit. Just saying that based on what we've seen of Superman, it doesn't seem like he easily just tears suits off, much less vibranium ones. Supes tearing off a vibranium suit is a bit more iffy.

Can IM even make a vibranium suit? If he could, he would have made Veronica out of it, and Hulk would have been helpless. Plus, Vibranium hasn't been show to stand up to anyone on Supermans level. I'm not convinced Supes couldn't eventually destroy it. Now, assuming that he cant make it, and Supes cant tear through it, cant Supes just fly Iron Man into outer space for an instawin? IMs suit in the first Avengers couldn't withstand space which caused it to completely stop functioning, and he never created any upgrade it to be able to yet as far as I know. There's a lot of what ifs there.

Starks Hulk Buster suit barely managed to take Hulk. A Superman Buster suit just seems outside of his capabilities. I think we're severely overestimating IMs prep abilities.

FrothByte
I can agree with this. It's the beauty of plot devices like Kryptonite.

Supes tearing off a vibranium suit is a bit more iffy.

Can IM even make a vibranium suit? If he could, he would have made Veronica out of it, and Hulk would have been helpless. Plus, Vibranium hasn't been show to stand up to anyone on Supermans level. I'm not convinced Supes couldn't eventually destroy it. Now, assuming that he cant make it, and Supes cant tear through it, cant Supes just fly Iron Man into outer space for an instawin? IMs suit in the first Avengers couldn't withstand space which caused it to completely stop functioning, and he never created any upgrade it to be able to yet as far as I know. There's a lot of what ifs there.

Starks Hulk Buster suit barely managed to take Hulk. A Superman Buster suit just seems outside of his capabilities. I think we're severely overestimating IMs prep abilities.

IM built veronica before AoU. I'd like to think that after the events of AoU that they now know where to get all that vibranium. Cap's shield held off a charged hammer strike from Thor without a dent. I don't think Superman has ever delivered as much destruction from a single strike as Thor's charged hammer strikes.

carver9
Tony wins.

FrothByte
So wait, a much weaker person like Wolverine can tear adamentium armor off an SS.

But a person that can pull a ice breaker through the Arctic, can't do a much easier feat for him like break some armor off the suit?

Get outa here.

I'll have to rewatch that SS fight to be sure, but didn't Wolverine use his claws to open up that suit?

Besides, we're talking about Vibranium here. Not adamantium.

Time-Immemorial
I'll have to rewatch that SS fight to be sure, but didn't Wolverine use his claws to open up that suit?

Besides, we're talking about Vibranium here. Not adamantium.

He was bone claws when he did it..

adamentium=vibranium.

Dont act like there is this huge difference with it.

relentless1
Vibranuim isn't all that its cracked up to be in the MCU, Ultrons vibranium body was torn apart pretty easily at the end of AOU considering the hype surrounding the metal.

Nothing Tony can do short of obtaining Kryptonite will allow him to win this fight.

FrothByte
Vibranuim isn't all that its cracked up to be in the MCU, Ultrons vibranium body was torn apart pretty easily at the end of AOU considering the hype surrounding the metal.

Nothing Tony can do short of obtaining Kryptonite will allow him to win this fight.

Ultron's final body wasn't made of vibranium, or at least not all of it. The vibranium was used for Vision's body.

FrothByte
He was bone claws when he did it..

adamentium=vibranium.

Dont act like there is this huge difference with it.

So you're just going to give the same attributes to vibranium as adamantium just because you think they're similar despite them being from 2 completely separate movie franchises?

Does series Daredevil also get Affleck's Daredevil feats? No? Then Vibranium doesn't get adamantium feats and vice versa.

relentless1
Ultron's final body wasn't made of vibranium, or at least not all of it. The vibranium was used for Vision's body.

Iron Man specifically calls Ultron out during their last battle, asking Ultron what kind of Vibranuim cocktail he cooked up or some such shit, referring to his new and improved vibranium body.

Robtard

IIRC, Ultron's body (the giant one he makes while Black Widow is captive) was made of Vibranium, it just wasn't his "perfect" biological/vibranium composite body powered with the Infinity Stone. He bought/took a large amount of vibranium from the arms dealer cat in Africa.

Why he only sustained relatively minor damage when he took a triple attack to the face from IM, Thor and Vision.

FrothByte
Iron Man specifically calls Ultron out during their last battle, asking Ultron what kind of Vibranuim cocktail he cooked up or some such shit, referring to his new and improved vibranium body.

And how exactly would IM have known that Ultron's entire body would be made of Vibranium? He wasn't there when Ultron created that body. All we know is that the vibranium he had was used for Vision.

And even if he was vibranium, it still took the combined blasts of Thor's lightning, Visions mind gem and IM's repulsors to do damage. I don't recall Superman ever showing that kind of damage output.

relentless1
And how exactly would IM have known that Ultron's entire body would be made of Vibranium? He wasn't there when Ultron created that body. All we know is that the vibranium he had was used for Vision.

And even if he was vibranium, it still took the combined blasts of Thor's lightning, Visions mind gem and IM's repulsors to do damage. I don't recall Superman ever showing that kind of damage output.

now youre just splitting hairs. If a character says something in a film, unless its specifically proven wrong in said film then you are meant to take the as a fact..Ultrons final body was made of vibranuim. Fact.

Yes it took all three of those attacks to damage the vibranuim but I haven't seen any of these attacks instantly vaporize a person like Supermans heat vision did. That alone is a more impressive feat than any of the beams shown by any of the Avengers not to mention Superman was able to casually vaporize people, it didn't look like he put much effort into it at all. So I think he's got a good shot at damaging anything vibranium.

Robtard
Honestly don't think HV would do anything much to vibranium, due to its unique properties, but as seen in AOU, extended powerful energy blasts can cause it to heat up (and melt), so even if HV can't melt Tony's vibranium suit, it will heat it up and cook Tony alive inside.

Also not sure in Tony could survive endless rage-dolling inside the suit, as Superman could easily blitz and grab him.

FrothByte
now youre just splitting hairs. If a character says something in a film, unless its specifically proven wrong in said film then you are meant to take the as a fact..Ultrons final body was made of vibranuim. Fact.

Yes it took all three of those attacks to damage the vibranuim but I haven't seen any of these attacks instantly vaporize a person like Supermans heat vision did. That alone is a more impressive feat than any of the beams shown by any of the Avengers not to mention Superman was able to casually vaporize people, it didn't look like he put much effort into it at all. So I think he's got a good shot at damaging anything vibranium.

Thor's lightning alone is strong enough to destroy multiple leviathans when charged long enough. What has Superman's HV done in comparison? Also, when did Superman casually vaporize people?

Robtard
HV's greatest feat is probably cutting a skyscraper in half in one blast

Dream/alt future sequence, extra-angry-Supes incinerated two of Batman's guys with quick glances

FrothByte
HV's greatest feat is probably cutting a skyscraper in half in one blast

Dream/alt future sequence, extra-angry-Supes incinerated two of Batman's guys with quick glances

Steel and concrete are not really that tough in the superhero world. The leviathans were smashing buildings left and right so I know they're tougher than buildings.

As for incinerating, are we taking that dream sequence as actual feats for Superman?

Robtard
Steel and concrete are not really that tough in the superhero world. The leviathans were smashing buildings left and right so I know they're tougher than buildings.

As for incinerating, are we taking that dream sequence as actual feats for Superman?

Actually take that back, Superman cut into and took out the Kryptonian seed-ship with his HV. Kryptonian metal seems to be incredibly tough by several appearances. eg the damage their battlesuits can shrug off.

In regards to BvS, that dream sequence was actually a reality that would have happened in Lois died. But burning people isn't all that impressive compared to easily cutting a skyscraper in half and taking out a Kryptonian ship. At least I hope we're not going to get into some "Superman never burned people so he can't burn people" type of quanchi-derp argument that ignores greater showings, cos I'd rather not.

Time-Immemorial
So you're just going to give the same attributes to vibranium as adamantium just because you think they're similar despite them being from 2 completely separate movie franchises?

Does series Daredevil also get Affleck's Daredevil feats? No? Then Vibranium doesn't get adamantium feats and vice versa.

Nice try, won't work.

If your going to go that tactic then you have zero proof.

TheVaultDweller

Well, Tony was presumably able to detect it in the same way he detected the rest of it through layers and layers of rock, scanned a whole building for life signs before dropping the Hulk on it, detected the spike in energy for the shield generator for the Hydra base etc. and those are just a handful of examples I can think from AoU alone. Throughout the films, it's shown that Tony has a large amount of scanners etc. on his suit, capable of detecting and analyzing various things.

quanchi112

As for incinerating, are we taking that dream sequence as actual feats for Superman? I guess dream sequences count ie. batman can fly around a lot of bats. Robbie says a lot of dumb things.

TheVaultDweller
Nice try, won't work.

If your going to go that tactic then you have zero proof.

Actually, his example holds up. The 2 Daredevils aren't canon to each other, so we won't assign them each others feats.

Adamantium and vibranium exist in different universes, have different origins, different characteristics (vibranium can absorb/reflect energy), and adamantium does not have vibranium's high end feats.

So any burden of proof here would be on you to show "vibranium = adamantium", and to such a degree that one can consider the two interchangeable, despite all the differences listed above, considering you were the one who made the claim and used it in your argument.

Time-Immemorial
Adamentium in its verse is indestructible besides the SS way.

To say that Wolverine can rip off the armor with bone claws and now say Kal El, who is an alien himself from another verse can't rip of vibranium in the same way is laughable.

Vibranium and Adamentium are damageable by intense heat.

Superman clears this.

Arachnid1
IM built veronica before AoU. I'd like to think that after the events of AoU that they now know where to get all that vibranium. Cap's shield held off a charged hammer strike from Thor without a dent. I don't think Superman has ever delivered as much destruction from a single strike as Thor's charged hammer strikes. I also wouldn't put Thors hammer strike above Supermans offensive capabilities. Just because Thor couldn't dent it, doesn't mean Superman wouldn't be able to punch through. Vibranium still has yet to stand up to anything that can match Superman.

Plus, Superman survived a nuke. It damaged the hell out of him, but he survived it. Ultron wasn't able to survive the Thor/Vision/Iron Man triple shot, which I wouldn't put anywhere near a nuke, so Supes is likely more resilient than vibranium is. There is the fact that Ultron probably isn't as fully vibranium (cocktail), but it is still the majority since its considered vibranium.

Thor's lightning alone is strong enough to destroy multiple leviathans when charged long enough. What has Superman's HV done in comparison? Also, when did Superman casually vaporize people? Thor used the building as a conduit though too, so I wouldn't say that blast was indicative of his normal blasts. A blast like that would have incinerated Iron Man when they fought as opposed to just charging him. I doubt IM could stand up to an extended HV blast either.

Time-Immemorial
I also wouldn't put Thors hammer strike above Supermans offensive capabilities. Just because Thor couldn't dent it, doesn't mean Superman wouldn't be able to punch through. Vibranium still has yet to stand up to anything that can match Superman.

Plus, Superman survived a nuke. It damaged the hell out of him, but he survived it. Ultron wasn't able to survive the Thor/Vision/Iron Man triple shot, which I wouldn't put anywhere near a nuke, so Supes is likely more resilient than vibranium is. There is the fact that Ultron probably isn't as fully vibranium (cocktail), but it is still the majority since its considered vibranium.

Thor used the building as a conduit though too, so I wouldn't say that blast was indicative of his normal blasts. A blast like that would have incinerated Iron Man when they fought as opposed to just charging him. I doubt IM could stand up to an extended HV blast either.

thumb up

TheVaultDweller
That's not proof. Again, high end vibranium feats > high end adamantium feats. And again, they don't have all the same characteristics, or the same origin.

You are literally trying to take the very lowest onscreen showing for adamantium (because being damaged by Logan, when Juggs couldn't, is a massive PIS low end showing) and trying to make claims about vibranium because of it.

Would you be happy if people started using Reeves Superman's lowest showings as evidence that Tony can hurt MoS? No, because it is a separate canonical version of the character, and his feats don't apply to MoS.

Edit: Whether Supes can or can not damage vibranium is not the point to me here. Trying to use a totally difference substance from a totally different universe as evidence that he can is where I have an issue.

Time-Immemorial
Logans adamentium took on the full power of the phoenix force. Which you conveniently forgot or don't want to mention.

Vibranium was damaged even if it was an alloy. This is common knowledge in the real world that alloys are always stronger then just one substance.

Hence Titanium Alloy>Titanium.

Also Why are you trying to split hairs with me? Both metals in there respected verses are the strongest metal in that verse.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That's not proof. Again, high end vibranium feats > high end adamantium feats. And again, they don't have all the same characteristics, or the same origin.

You are literally trying to take the very lowest onscreen showing for adamantium (because being damaged by Logan, when Juggs couldn't, is a massive PIS low end showing) and trying to make claims about vibranium because of it.

Would you be happy if people started using Reeves Superman's lowest showings as evidence that Tony can hurt MoS? No, because it is a separate canonical version of the character, and his feats don't apply to MoS.

Edit: Whether Supes can or can not damage vibranium is not the point to me here. Trying to use a totally difference substance from a totally different universe as evidence that he can is where I have an issue. I'm not arguing anything about adamantium. I thought that was terrible. Adamantium is supposed to be unbreakable by any amount of force and not susceptible to melting from heat. Adamantium in the movies obviously is significantly weaker than its comic book counterpart.

People argued that IM could possibly make his suit out of vibranium, which is why I'm arguing that supes could still damage it.

Time-Immemorial
Arch, he left out the highest end feat adamentium has resisting the Phoenix force full power, but he wants to include the high end feat for vibranium. How is that even fair?

TheVaultDweller
Logans adamentium took on the full power of the phoenix force. Which you conveniently forgot or don't want to mention.

Vibranium was damaged even if it was an alloy. This is common knowledge in the real world that alloys are always stronger then just one substance.

Hence Titanium Alloy>Titanium.

Also Why are you trying to split hairs with me? Both metals in there respected verses are the strongest metal in that verse.

Phoenix wanted him to kill her, and was only tearing chunks of flesh off of him, where as she was full on atomizing everything else. Even if he had the skeleton, if she had treated him like everyone else, she should have stripped all the skin and muscle off him in one go. Not to mention she was lifting others in the air, but choosing to just knock him back. She could have lifted him and tossed him a mile away at any point, but chose not to. So kind of an ambiguous showing. And that proves my point about how dumb and ridiculous the Wolverine tearing adamantium showing is. Would you really take anyone seriously who would suggest Wolverine is physically stronger than Phoenix's tk?

Yes it can be damaged. But what is required to damage it > Wolverine level strength, seeing as that was the comparison initially drawn.

Using that kind of logic for debating doesn't work, because just because something is the best in its universe, doesn't mean it would hold up as well in another on. Adamantium does not exist in Tony's universe, and as such has never been directly matched against vibranium onscreen, so there is not much of a point bringing it up, because in the end it remains speculation.

I still voted for Supes and said that I don't think Tony can actually figure out a way to beat Superman without kryptonite. I just had an issue with that line of reasoning. Would have pointed it out regardless of who was making the argument.

In the end, I actually agree with a statement you made way earlier. This thread is dumb and has no real scope.

TheVaultDweller
I'm not arguing anything about adamantium. I thought that was terrible. Adamantium is supposed to be unbreakable by any amount of force and not susceptible to melting from heat. Adamantium in the movies obviously is significantly weaker than its comic book counterpart.

People argued that IM could possibly make his suit out of vibranium, which is why I'm arguing that supes could still damage it.

My post was directed at TI and the argument that because Wolverine could tear through SS's supposed adamantium armour, Superman can tear through vibranium, and that the two were then said to be direct equals.

Like I said, maybe Supes can do it. But using something from a different film continuity can't provide conclusive proof either way.

Again, I voted for Supes here.

Time-Immemorial
Coolthumb up

Gnite

golem370
Phoenix didn't Jean wanted it. Stark became an expert on thermonuclear astro physics in less then a day expert in less then a day.

TheVaultDweller
Coolthumb up

Gnite

Was actually going to watch the Justice League vs Teen Titans animated movie. laughing A friend watched it and claimed that it was heavily implied that that version of Superman is powerful enough to move the Moon.

Time-Immemorial
Phoenix didn't Jean wanted it. Stark became an expert on thermonuclear astro physics in less then a day expert in less then a day.
Were you born stupid, or did you just end up that way?

carver9
Tony stll wins.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Tony stll wins.

To dumb to come up with a rational debate?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Phoenix wanted him to kill her, and was only tearing chunks of flesh off of him, where as she was full on atomizing everything else. Even if he had the skeleton, if she had treated him like everyone else, she should have stripped all the skin and muscle off him in one go. Not to mention she was lifting others in the air, but choosing to just knock him back. She could have lifted him and tossed him a mile away at any point, but chose not to. So kind of an ambiguous showing. And that proves my point about how dumb and ridiculous the Wolverine tearing adamantium showing is. Would you really take anyone seriously who would suggest Wolverine is physically stronger than Phoenix's tk?

Yes it can be damaged. But what is required to damage it > Wolverine level strength, seeing as that was the comparison initially drawn.

Using that kind of logic for debating doesn't work, because just because something is the best in its universe, doesn't mean it would hold up as well in another on. Adamantium does not exist in Tony's universe, and as such has never been directly matched against vibranium onscreen, so there is not much of a point bringing it up, because in the end it remains speculation.

I still voted for Supes and said that I don't think Tony can actually figure out a way to beat Superman without kryptonite. I just had an issue with that line of reasoning. Would have pointed it out regardless of who was making the argument.

In the end, I actually agree with a statement you made way earlier. This thread is dumb and has no real scope.

Don't disagree with most of this, though I will say one thing In Re: Phoenix and Wolverine interaction. I do get what you're saying as there is a little bit of ambiguity there, to some degree at least. The thing is, it doesn't make sense for her to be atomizing others, but just trying to take chunks from Wolverine. That seems to imply that Jean wasn't trying to kill him, and that I just don't really agree with. I'll admit it is possible, considering their relationship. However, it then begs the question:

Why did Jean/Phoenix even try and do anything at all? She was clearly hurting him, and severely so, only thanks to his healing factor did he not die. We'd have to then further extrapolate that she knew exactly what he could take thanks to his HF and did just enough. While possible, seems a bridge too far.

Plus, when you watch the scene, there is a ashy hot dark substance flying away from him body. It looks very similar to what she was doing to everybody else and they turned it ash. So if we say she was trying to kill him, well then he'd have to heal pretty fast... Well, he's Wolverine.

Think about it, when he went flying from his bike and he brought down the Chopper in Origins. His jump later in the movie from the collapsing reactor structure. His flying throw the window in X1. They all point to the same thing, his immediate injuries would be severe in any one of those instances. Yet all we see is some cuts and a KO sometimes. He's mostly fine. So it seems likely he just continued to heal over and over each time she blasted him. He's just Wolverine. Now I'm not sure what the discussion is over, and like I said, I agree with your post mostly. Even don't disagree on what I commented on. I think there is some level of subjectivity to the scene. That's just my view on it.

TheVaultDweller
Don't disagree with most of this, though I will say one thing In Re: Phoenix and Wolverine interaction. I do get what you're saying as there is a little bit of ambiguity there, to some degree at least. The thing is, it doesn't make sense for her to be atomizing others, but just trying to take chunks from Wolverine. That seems to imply that Jean wasn't trying to kill him, and that I just don't really agree with. I'll admit it is possible, considering their relationship. However, it then begs the question:

Why did Jean/Phoenix even try and do anything at all? She was clearly hurting him, and severely so, only thanks to his healing factor did he not die. We'd have to then further extrapolate that she knew exactly what he could take thanks to his HF and did just enough. While possible, seems a bridge too far.

Plus, when you watch the scene, there is a ashy hot dark substance flying away from him body. It looks very similar to what she was doing to everybody else and they turned it ash. So if we say she was trying to kill him, well then he'd have to heal pretty fast... Well, he's Wolverine.

Think about it, when he went flying from his bike and he brought down the Chopper in Origins. His jump later in the movie from the collapsing reactor structure. His flying throw the window in X1. They all point to the same thing, his immediate injuries would be severe in any one of those instances. Yet all we see is some cuts and a KO sometimes. He's mostly fine. So it seems likely he just continued to heal over and over each time she blasted him. He's just Wolverine. Now I'm not sure what the discussion is over, and like I said, I agree with your post mostly. Even don't disagree on what I commented on. I think there is some level of subjectivity to the scene. That's just my view on it.

Well, like I said, it kind of goes both ways. There is evidence that a part of her was trying to kill him, but also evidence that a big part of her didn't, like when she begs him to "save"/kill her. Which is why it is a bit of an ambiguous showing IMO. Either way, there seemed to be enough inner conflict that she gave him an opening to take her out.

Because, as I pointed out, the notion that Phoenix can't damage adamantium, but Logan has enough physical strength to do so, is absurd.

Anyway, as mentioned by multiple posters, this thread is kind of dumb. Unless we have clear stips on how much prep time Tony gets, and what other constraints are placed upon him, we can't really come up with a conclusive answer here.

golem370
Were you born stupid, or did you just end up that way?

I know I'm smart your opinion of me mean jack to me.

golem370
It seems likely that Jean had enough control of her powers or the phoenix force to keep from killing Logan and to give him the chance to kill her before her power or the phoenix force took full control.

TheVaultDweller
Well, as to the thread, without more defined stips, there is little point in continuing. If Tony gets a week's prep and limited interaction with others, he'd get murder stomped. If he does actually get 10 years, and is free to pursue any tech he wants, who knows what could happen. Consider the fact that he hasn't even been Iron Man for a full 10 years canonically, so if you compare his cave suit to Veronica, you can see how much progress Tony can make over such a large space of time.

But, as I said, there are not enough clear stips for us to draw a proper conclusion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Agreed, the thread is rather ambiguous which further complicates drawing any conclusion. My view is, Tony should be able to call on external resources to get the job done. fi Tony was actually in this situation, and superman was coming for him, he would do exactly that. A week might not be enough, but a couple of months should certainly do it. He doesn't even need 1 year, let alone 10 imo.

carver9
Agreed, the thread is rather ambiguous which further complicates drawing any conclusion. My view is, Tony should be able to call on external resources to get the job done. fi Tony was actually in this situation, and superman was coming for him, he would do exactly that. A week might not be enough, but a couple of months should certainly do it. He doesn't even need 1 year, let alone 10 imo.

Yep.

TheVaultDweller

Pretty much. The match stips can vastly change the outcome, so we need more info to draw a better conclusion.

quanchi112
I know I'm smart your opinion of me mean jack to me. TI has your number.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Well, as to the thread, without more defined stips, there is little point in continuing. If Tony gets a week's prep and limited interaction with others, he'd get murder stomped. If he does actually get 10 years, and is free to pursue any tech he wants, who knows what could happen. Consider the fact that he hasn't even been Iron Man for a full 10 years canonically, so if you compare his cave suit to Veronica, you can see how much progress Tony can make over such a large space of time.

But, as I said, there are not enough clear stips for us to draw a proper conclusion.

Unless he has knite, there is no way to stop Superman at this point. Tony had years of prep with Veronica and Hulk basically destroyed (before spare parts came in to the rescue) it and got a lucky KO.

TheVaultDweller
Where does it say that Tony spent "years" of time working on Veronica?

Time-Immemorial
The gap in movies in 3 years. He didn't shit that armor out in 1 week dude.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.