A bit Late ==> Question about Cypher, Help !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bogmac
First of all, I apologize for this question related to 'Matrix'. I'm 4 years late but I've just discovered this forum. And in the real word , still nobody answered me

So, here it is:

Considering that :

1-To enter the matrix from the Neb, you need an operator to plug you to it (Tank or another)

2- to get out of the matrix you need, first of all , to call your operator to get a point of connexion, and then, you need to be plugged off by the same operator

The question is :
How Cypher can he speak with Agent smith in the Matrix whithout the help of a member of the crew.
I mean he can't have entered the matrix on his own, he can't have plugged the needle into his neck.
And who take the needle off ?
Much more, when he was in the Matrix, The operator or another member should have seen Cypher on his seat and should have seen him on his screen.

Please help, I'm waiting for the answer since 1999

confused

Chaos
Hmmm... I have no idea embarrasment
That's a really good question wink
I would also like to find out how :d

BTW. Welcome to the forums cool

jimbo3
I noticed that too. I don't think the movie gives an explanation.
Your just going to have to 'suspend your disbelief' and assume it's possible.

He might have figured out a way.

Suggestion: A mechanism that when you ring the operator phone, it automatically picks up and starts ringing a phone at your chosen Exit.

Chaos
But if they had 'a mechanism' like that, why didnt they use it in other situations wink

Maybe someone did help him plug into the matrix, but he went to the Agent instead if the place he said he would go, then one of the Agents changed the code so the operator couldnt read it. I dunno lol roll eyes (sarcastic)

jimbo3
It's just a suggestion.
Cypher may have kept it a secret. They might know that it's possible, but have rules that no-one can go in without an operator.

bogmac
thanks for answer Chaos, that's the best explanation one gives to me in 4 years.

Well, I'm gonna see Reloaded once again. Just to shake my brain a little more.

Thanks for your welcome.

Chaos
Hehehe, NP wink

Ushgarak
The real question is (though those preceeding words are lies, its blatantly MY question, not the real one) was how was Cypher going to be in Reloaded before Joe Pantoliano messed up the deal to return?

Dexx
i have thought about that question a lot when it came. Sofisticated devices and other stuff are out of the question in my oppinion. it's either a bug OR:
That talk with the agent is a memory, before he was 'extracted'. But even if the agents would have prepared him for the 'oh, no..it's all unreal' news..he still seemed too ...not shocked.
So...i dunno!

alaba
this is silly but i like it. remeber tank wasnt in reloaded? what if tank had helped cypher out, and is now evil, which is why we didnt seehim in reloaded but we would in revolutions?(as a baddie?)

Dexx
highly unlikely. Tank KILLED cipher, you see

alaba
sure dexx but i am sure i saw tanks back in front of a computer monitor in the revolutions trailer...can't miss his curled hair....see the trailer again

Reep
Re: Cypher. How about this. When the crew go into the matrix they hack in (in Reloaded the new operator says "this is the ugliest hack I have ever done" to get Trinity in with the motorcycle). If cypher went in on the night shift to see the agents, he wouldn't need to hack in because they want to see him. So he could just hook up and go through proper channels assisted by the matrix/agents? Just a guess.

BEST TRINITY
I think the Bros forgot to explain how cypher got in

Higgypop
May be an agent sheilded Cypher from the matrix (like in the corridors in Reloaded) while he spoke to him and made the arrangments so that the opporator didn't notice him talking to the agent.

alaba
plausible explanation higgy..i like it. it's like covering the brothers' tracks...

Higgypop
Don't you see him bun his mobile at some point when they enter the Matrix, I think he then went to meet the agent and the agents cloaked his where abouts so the the op couldn't see where he was or what he was doing.

alaba
right again...the brothers would be delighted o hear your theories mate!

Higgypop
Sorry, my theory may not be bad but my typing is.
Bun should read bin, he binned his mobile.

BEST TRINITY
THERE IS SOMETHING RELATED TO THE ARQUITECT REMEMBER THAT HES BEEN WATCHING NEO BOFORE HE WAS UNPLUGGED

BEST TRINITY
U KNOW WHAT MY HEAD, BRAIN, CELL EVERYTHING ITS GONNA BLOW IF NOVEMBER DONT COME FAST. IM VERY ANXIOUS , MY LIFE HAVE CHANGE . I PASS ALL THE DAY THINKING IN M1 M2 M3 IM SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Higgypop
I know what you mean, my girl friend is getting sick of me talking about it, she doesn't give a crap but I read so much interesting stuff that I have to tell someone!
This forum was a great find!

BEST TRINITY
YEAH I SAW M2 FOUR TIMES AND EVERYTIME SOMEONE TOLD ME TO GO TO THE THEATHER I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS

BEST TRINITY
I THINK WE ALL GONNA END IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL IF M3 DON ARRIVE SOON

BEST TRINITY
IM REALLY HAPPY COZ IM IN VACATION FOR 2 MONTHS TILL AUG, BUT I DONT CARE IF VACATIONS OVER IF THAT IMPLIES THE FAST COME OF NOVEMBER

Higgypop
Also a bit late, I just rewatched the first matrix.
When the Oracle tells Neo he's not the one
"You've got the gift but not in this life time"
Then he dies and is resurected as the one!!
Sorry, I'm sure you all knew this already!

princess leia
chaos (from a while back...)> theory is right, thenwouldnt the operator have been watching him? from the neb?
and i think that if they could bring agent smith back to life they would ahve found a way the bring cypher back into the second movie.

Kes
The actor was droped because he keeped showing up stoned and pissed every body. So the got ride (sp) of him!

princess leia
whats (sp)?

Kes
Its spelling.When you aren't sure a word is spelled right you put that as a warning.wink

Kes
Used by people that dont have english as a 1st language (sp) lol!

princess leia
oh arent you english first language? oh right...portugal. gotcha.
higgy> actually i ahdnt notices that. thats clever.

princess leia
anyway you say got rid of him. ride is like riding a bike. sorry if you knew that.

Kes
It was late! haven't sleeped much!

princess leia
you haven't *slept* much. wink no your english is good. i dont mean to be mean. big grin

Kes
I know my english is good, just sometimes a blooper comes along! lol I do speak better than i write!

Sifer
Incase none of you got the info from this post I will tell you what happened (I knew this anyway, just thought it needed posting more clearly)

You remember when Neo walks up to Cypher while he is at the matrix consoles? Cypher say's: "You scared the bejeezers outta me!"

He then turns off the monitors. At this point in time he was hacking into the Matrix and communicating with the machines.

He then has a meeting with Smith and its the part where you see the most amazing looking steak ever :P

Then when it is time to go see the Oracle, Cypher dials a number and throws phone into the bin. This is obviously so they can be traced and is why the building is swarming when they get back.

Hope that clarifies it for you smile

princess leia
ahh...that makes sense. but it still doesnt explain how he was plugged into the matrix.

Sifer
More than likely when everyone is asleep...for example when Neo walked in he wasnt expecting it, so maybe sometime like that when they are all sleeping?

Kes
Yeh I think we get the when but the question is how? how did he do it alone? he needs someone to dial him back and how did he get that thing on his neck?blink those are the questions! stick out tongue

Sifer
He could have dialled it, gone over to the bed, grabbed the spike and shoved it in himself smile But the getting out is the hard part. There will be an explanation no doubt. But we just don't know it smile The Wachowski's aren't stupid enough to make a mistake like that.

happy kine
leap of faith... its just one of them things that have to be accepted.

HeIsTheOne
OK

I thought about this one before & Cypher could have plugged himself into the matrix himself or with the help of an agent. He talks to Smith, tells him blah blah blah at the dinner table then the next time you see him (I think) is with the rest of the group waiting around the phone to be answered. Question, did he un-plug after he met with Smith or was he still in the Matrix.. Hmm.. Now that I think about it, I don't think he left & that would explain the NO reason for Tank to bring him back after meeting Smith.

Kes
How could an agent help him?By plunging I mean stick that thing in is neck.And next time we see them we see them pluging themselfs in to go see the oracle and then the phone scene.Which means how the hell did he get out?! Lets face it..it's a plot hole! And a big one!

steffie
hi every1. i'm totally new on here, so i have no idea wots going on. sorry if my questions hav nothing to do with what this thread is about. i wud like 2 ask, why can u only feel the sentinels in the matrix and not in the real world?

this may hav no significance whatsoever, but i think that the wachoskis deliver 1 liners, that hav a hidden meaning. they are good at that!
In the M1, after the government lobby scene, neo and trinity went in the lift, loaded a bomb and climbed on top of it. Why did neo say "there is no spoon" before he shot at the cable, to release the lift? i know that quote was from wen he was with 1 of those gifted kids, wen visiting the oracle. jus wana find out if there is any reason why he repeated that quote at that particular time...

Kes
I think its because he was going to do something really crazy and needed to remind himself that he cant change things, they simply dont exist.Its all in his mind. Like he cant bend the spoon because, normally, thats impossible. The spoon bends because it doesn't exist its all in his mind. cool did i make sence?

mirthrandir63
Boy, I never realized some people had to analyze evevry singnle comment made in the Matrix movies to death. Next somebody is going to ask why agent smith's name is Smith and not Bozo the Clown.

Come to think of it, could this have something to do with the matrix? After all, his name must be Smith for a reason right? Surely the Machines just didn't, gee I don't know, pick it at random?

Kes
Near the beginning of the film, Agent Smith drives up in an Audi with the license plate "IS 5416". This appears to be yet another Bible reference -- Isaiah Chapter 54, Verse 16 reads as follows: "Behold, I have created the SMITH that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy." (Capitals are for emphasis)

Does that answer your question?! lol I agree, this movie as been broken apart way to much!

mirthrandir63
Damn, I never caught that... Maybe smith's name is smith for a reason!!!

LOLlaughing out loud

steffie
thank u 4 ur suggestion it does make sense... smile

princess leia
yeah well..if you play the movie backwards it wont just tell you why smith got his name, but will also give you the meaning for life, the universe, and everything...i know, ive seen it. its 42.

Kes
what? explain that?

princess leia
aww..have you rad hitchhikers guide to the galaxy?

Kes
No.sad

princess leia
wel, in that the aliens build an amazing computer to figure out the meaning to life, the universe and everything, and it takes millions of years, and when its finally finished, the aliens ask and it doesnt want to tell them, it says they wont like the answer, and when they make it, the answer is 42.

Kes
ok. but 42 what?

princess leia
exactly. thats the thing. it was stoopid. how is the answer 42? its not! thats why the alins were ANGRY. mad

Kes
Ah! Got it! lol wink

princess leia
and it didnt take long smile

Kes
stick out tongue Btw why did you write that here? Because it doesnt make sence?

princess leia
it was cos you said if you look at the number plate...so i just wrote something a bit silly too...

Kes
well i was explaining smiths name lol stick out tongue Thats real,not made up.

princess leia
i know. well,i think its a bit outrageous...
i was just adding my bit wink

HeIsTheOne
Question, do you think Mr. Reagon is really dead? I guess so, but would really tie into the whole Agent in the real world plot of reloaded.

So you see Mr. Reagon talking to Neo - Mr. Reagon says sweet dreams.
Then you see Mr. Reagon talking to Agent Smith.
Then you see the Breakfast of champions scene.
Then you see all of em plugged into the chairs.
Then you see all of them in the Matrix.

How about Mr. Reagon ploting his course ahead of time, where, when he should leave & be to return, by hacking into the matrix. Physically how does he put that spike into the back of his head & hit the Computer afterwards to load himself into the matrix? Maybe there is a way, You know he doesn't need an operator if he has planned his so called trip ahead of time (hacking) & later Neo was gonna go in alone to save Morpheus. ahh I give up, them no good Wachowski Brothers.. confused

princess leia
who is reagon?

HeIsTheOne
Who is anderson?

princess leia
who said anything about anderson?

Kes
Regan if I'm not mistaken is cypher.

Kes
The problem is how did he leave? They have to phone into the matrix in order for the plugged people to leave! Who phoned? confused

Sifer
Why is it outrageuos? The Wachowski's are VERY intelligent people. Every single bible reference or legenday reference or greek reference or roman legend reference etc is put there FOR A REASON. It isn't coincidental, it is purposely put there.

They info usually gives info on certain characters or even the main story line if you look deep enough. Any combination of numbers you hear or see when watching it are not just made up, they are a direct reference to something. Usually a chapter in the bible...and it isn't restricted to a bible for one religion. I mean all smile But you have to know which :P

Kes
That could became a problem! So many references, so many clues and links could lead to plot holes! stick out tongue

Sifer
I doubt it...as I have said, they are clever, cunning little rats the Wachowskis smile Very closed ppl also...they don't particularly like being on TV or even documentaries...they hide :P

princess leia
no. the wachowski brothers arent outrageous. the ppl who sit there and find these references are.

Kes
You should check the site with the movie mistakes and see how many the matrix and reloaded have stick out tongue

princess leia
reloaded has about 57 so far. dunno bout matrix.

Kes
the Matrix as 150 something if i'm not mistaken. And still counting! smile

Seraph

Sifer
Yeah and that site is full of shit. I have read through them, not just for the Matrix film and 99% of the mistakes submitted are actually pathetic. They are not mistakes just things that people don't understand smile

Oh and people don't seem to realise that he is in a computer generated world, so as I say, 99% of the things posted are irrelevant!

Sifer
He could very easily plug himself in AND unplug himself. It is just the matter of him answering the phone to get out. The only way I can think so far is if he created an automatic dial program. Cause it looked like he was hacking when Neo disturbed him.

Seraph

Kes
Some mistakes are nitpicks like is hair her is left and there is right yes but most are very good and quite right. If you dont agree correct them
Hope we are talking about the same site cause there are several mistakes sites.

Kes
Thats when they are watching Neo so I'm assuming someone would be watching her.

I think its the last flight of the Osiris. They are in a sword fight, blind folded right?
Thats a program not the Matrix.

How did he leave thats the question. Its possible that they have something that dials automaticly. But still think its a plot hole.

HeIsTheOne
Edited due to time restrictions.

Seraph
to kes: i mean "program". i proved it. its that movie that begins with this girl fighting against a few samurais. they first shoot with bows at her but she defended herself and killed them

Sifer
You're right, it is entitled "Program"

Kes
Ah i thought you ment(sp) the girl fighting the black dude. ok.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.