Ahsoka's Fate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Stark
So what do you guys think? I am on the fence here.

On one hand the ending of the finale seems to point towards her metaphorically walking into darkness (death). But if taken literally she could just be walking down some dark steps.

I think the one thing that may indeed convince me she is alive is the idea that she is Gandalf.

This episode reeked of Lord of the Rings references: From Gollum-like Maul to the Ezra's seduction by the ring of...errr the Sith holocron to the massive underground city/temple charred from a battle. But the one that stuck out to me was Ahsoka being the Gandalf of this story as stated by Filoni himself.

Vader, like the Balrog is a foe far beyond any of our heroes. And Ahsoka all but says "Fly you fools" to Kanan and Ezra as she makes the ultimate sacrifice.

As we know Gandalf descends through fire and water and into darkness before emerging as Gandalf the White (I mean come on Ahsoka even has white sabers). If I recall correctly we do see a lake on the surface of Malachor that they go underneath to find the Sith temple (Water). And Vader is very much (like the Balrog) an embodiment of flames (Fire). Now as Ahsoka descends into Darkness I wonder if she will, like Gandalf, reemerge.

|King Joker|
I think it will remain ambiguous, but IMO Ahsoka died.

Zenwolf
All I know is, I ****ing hate ambiguous endings like this..

carthage
most likely gone

ares834
Originally posted by Zenwolf
All I know is, I ****ing hate ambiguous endings like this..

Really? I love them.

Best of all, it leaves the possibility of the character returning if a future story calls for it and it won't feel contrived.

|King Joker|
I liked Ventress' ambiguous ending in Legends, and I also like this one tbh.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Really? I love them.

Best of all, it leaves the possibility of the character returning if a future story calls for it and it won't feel contrived.

Yeah I know, but I just....still don't like em.

FreshestSlice
Personally, I think she's dead, but Vader letting her live allows for good character building, so I wouldn't mind if she's alive.

cdtm
Alive. Probably.

|King Joker|
Nah, Ahsoka is perfectly fine and she declared herself Queen of the Ancient Sith Pyramid, kicked Vader off of her new planet, and he walked away in shame. Amazing. Iconic. smile

carthage
Wookie has her listed as dead

ares834
Wookie is a piece of shit. smile

|King Joker|
Originally posted by carthage
Wookie has her listed as dead No they don't?

FreshestSlice
Why do you r-tards never spell wookiee correctly?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by |King Joker|
No they don't?

Well they have her listed as dead from the time she 'died' on Mortis but was revived later.

carthage
21 years before the Battle of Yavin on Mortis during the Clone Wars; later resurrected

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

ares834
lol

God that shit was stupid.

cdtm
Nah, Ahsoka is perfectly fine and she declared herself Queen of the Ancient Sith Pyramid, kicked Vader off of her new planet, and he walked away in shame. Amazing. Iconic. smile

Riding off into the sunset, on a Rancor.

I "hope" that was a metaphorical "walking into darkness", because I'm gonna feel like an idiot after telling everyone about the epic ending of her story if she's camping out in a temple... wink

|King Joker|
I thought you meant listed as dead as in dead as of TotA.

Rebel95
Probably dead

JKBart
An episode guide quote

An image of the back of Ahsoka Tano is seen walking back down into the temple.

Total Warrior
Just watched the episode, I think she's alive tbh

Zenwolf
Hold up, were forgetting that massive explosion the 2 were in the center of? Who's to say that didn't end it? Vader makes sense as being alive, due to his armor and that he's been at the center of large explosions only to emerge rather unharmed if not a little damaged.

So....the explosion could have also ended the fight and her.

But just a thought really given the size of it, but guess we just gotta wait for confirmation.

JKBart
Yeah that's true. The explosion might have just blown them off and separated them.

Zenwolf
They were in the center of it, why would it just have blown them off and separated them?

Then again I guess one of them could have just broken off to get away, but that explosion was pretty freaking huge and took out the whole temple soo....

/Shrug

Feh...I just wanna know damnit.

Beniboybling
I think as far as Filoni is concerned, Ahsoka died here. The owl is obviously symbolic of that and I believe the image of Ahsoka walking into the darkness was just a symbol, not actually real.

On the other hand I'm totally on board with the idea of Ahsoka transcending to long deserved goddess status. Long Live Lady Tano. smile

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I think as far as Filoni is concerned, Ahsoka died here.

Impression I got from the episode is that she died, but they just didn't want to show it because Joker threatened them.

FreshestSlice
Same, Filoni's interview afterward confirmed.

Lord Stark

|King Joker|
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce_5nVLUUAEUbyV.jpg

ares834
Oh god...

|King Joker|
smile

Beniboybling
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ce_5nVLUUAEUbyV.jpg https://media.giphy.com/media/2pHCxQtUttmHm/giphy.gif

|King Joker|
http://www.outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/11772-star-wars-rebels-ashley-eckstein-reveals-her-theory-on-ahsoka-s-fate

The Ellimist
A popular, revenue-generating protagonist meets an ambiguous fate that she may or may not have survived? Gee, I wonder. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Beniboybling
http://www.outerplaces.com/science-fiction/item/11772-star-wars-rebels-ashley-eckstein-reveals-her-theory-on-ahsoka-s-fate Ahsoka is a goddess confirmed. smile

FreshestSlice
More like Rebels confirmed to be based entirely off of bullshit theories on forums.

emporerpants
So Vader lost their duel?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by emporerpants
So Vader lost their duel?

We didn't see much of it, so as to who lost, who knows, but really I think the Temple exploding was the one that ended the duel.

FreshestSlice
It's not even implied a little that Vader was in danger of losing. Filoni was adamant on that not happening. Why is it even a question?

Zenwolf
Until a book comes out that details the fight...

FreshestSlice
It'll have vader collapsing ceilings and throwing around black holes.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Beniboybling
https://media.giphy.com/media/2pHCxQtUttmHm/giphy.gif

WOW ****ing chills!!!!

edit: meant to quote joker

Nephthys
She's not dead until you see the body. Jesus do you guys not watch movies?

|King Joker|
She's Space Gandalf so she'll come back. smile

Surtur
I like to think Anakin stabbed her in the face with a lightsaber.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Nephthys
She's not dead until you see the body. Jesus do you guys not watch movies?

thumb up and not even then...

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur
I like to think Anakin stabbed her in the face with a lightsaber.

The Ellimist
Maybe her spirit is trapped on Malachor in eternal torment. whistle

|King Joker|
Ahsoka would turn Malachor into a light side nexus. smile

Beniboybling
Ahsoka has the life force of the Daughter in her tbh, so...

The Ellimist
Maybe her potential is Anakin-esque as a result.

Beniboybling
A reasonable conclusion to make. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.