How Powerful is Kanan now?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So SWR Season 2 spoilers incoming click away.

So just how powerful is Kanan now?

Honestly as of now I do have him above ESB Luke for destroying a ****ing walker with his saber.

That said he stalemates against newcomer inquizzy(whom I will refer to as Bobert)

He still stalemates with Seventh sis/fifth bro.

But he did decent again Old Master Maul.

Force Wise he's not amazeballs but he's decent.

Just how powerful is Kanan now?

Lord Stark
He's strong enough that if he were at the Geonosis Arena he'd be one of the few left standing among the masters of the Order.

carthage
Low tier I,e (Darth Bane, Tholme, Meetra Surik) level

|King Joker|
Maybe Aayla Secura level?

Syndicate
Early Vos level.

Fated Xtasy
Early Vos? Ehhh

Aayla level? Padawan aayla? Or prime Aayla?

Darth Thor
Was surprised to learn even GI was a former Knight. So much for the idea that any trained Knight would easily take any Inquisitor.

Anyway it shows Kanan has been Knight level for a while.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
So SWR Season 2 spoilers incoming click away.

So just how powerful is Kanan now?

Honestly as of now I do have him above ESB Luke for destroying a ****ing walker with his saber.

That said he stalemates against newcomer inquizzy(whom I will refer to as Bobert)

He still stalemates with Seventh sis/fifth bro.

But he did decent again Old Master Maul.

Force Wise he's not amazeballs but he's decent.

Just how powerful is Kanan now? Decent? He flat out beat Maul fair and square despite a handicap. Gotta give credit where credit is due regardless preconceived notions about the tier status of certain characters.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Decent? He flat out beat Maul fair and square despite a handicap. Gotta give credit where credit is due regardless preconceived notions about the tier status of certain characters.

True, but we certainly don't need to give credit to the writers for that s***

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Darth Thor
True, but we certainly don't need to give credit to the writers for that s*** Agreed. A random (not to mention blind) Jedi Knight beating one of most talented duelist in galactic history is s*** writing.

|King Joker|
FPJ confirms Kanan was basically in oneness when he beat Maul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeC1TSyltkE @8:00

Beniboybling
Nyice. Do you think Ahsoka sensed that?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|
FPJ confirms Kanan was basically in oneness when he beat Maul: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeC1TSyltkE @8:00

So much for Maul just being a cocky dumb ass!

Although I'm not sure if that's better or worse than Maul just losing because he was cocky.

A little better I guess considering Maul wasn't in his Sith version of "oneness".

Man all those BS statements of Filoni about how Kanan and GI were basically nobody's who'd get stomped by Kenobi and not even be worth Vader's time. What happened to all that?

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Nyice. Do you think Ahsoka sensed that?

That's the only logical explanation for her leaving him blind to face Maul alone.

Darth Thor
He said it was a "Rey" moment. Which is exactly what I was afraid of.

chilled monkey

Man all those BS statements of Filoni about how Kanan and GI were basically nobody's who'd get stomped by Kenobi and not even be worth Vader's time. What happened to all that?

LOL. And people wonder why I maintain that the "Legends" continuity is better.

FreshestSlice
Nobody wonders that because nobody cares.Originally posted by Darth Thor
He said it was a "Rey" moment. Which is exactly what I was afraid of.
Eh, it's really not that big a deal. It would be if Maul were dead, but it's obvious that there is more to tell.

cs_zoltan

At this point Filoni could pull any shit out of his ass and even make Jocasta Nu be able to beat the Father if story calls for it.

God I hate that cancer imbecile...

ares834
Why the Filoni hate?

carthage
Because of that cowboy hat, man **** him

ILS
Originally posted by ares834
Why the Filoni hate? I'd guess because he takes liberties with established characters while performing fellatio on his own creations.

This "Oneness" "focus" shit is turning into a plot device at this point.

ares834
sad

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
I'd guess because he takes liberties with established characters while performing fellatio on his own creations.

This "Oneness" "focus" shit is turning into a plot device at this point.
You mean because he shit on Maul for no reason.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
You mean because he shit on Maul for no reason.

Yes. I'll say it straight.

Eh, it's really not that big a deal. It would be if Maul were dead, but it's obvious that there is more to tell.

Like I said, they have some making up to do now. But I don't see why they would put themselves in that position in the first place, when they could have just had Kanan helping Ahsoka to defeat Maul.

ILS
You mean because he shit on Maul for no reason. Nope. It's just every time a weaker main character is forced into an engagement with their obvious superior they have a "Force Explosion", according to FPJ, and the Force simply "takes over" their body and does the fighting for them. He went as far as to say the Force did all the work and it wasn't even Kanan fighting the Inquisitor or Maul. And Rey wasn't fighting Kylo Ren.

I could understand the Inquisitor and injured Kylo; both are within Kanan and Rey's reach and weirder shit has happened. But Kanan stomping Maul harder than Ahsoka or even ****ing Sidious was able to? Get outta here.

Darth Thor
It was pretty biased against Maul.

Fact is they would never let that happen to Vader. Heck the way Filoni made out they wouldn't let GI do that to Kenobi.

Sinious
Originally posted by ILS
Nope. It's just every time a weaker main character is forced into an engagement with their obvious superior they have a "Force Explosion", according to FPJ, and the Force simply "takes over" their body and does the fighting for them. He went as far as to say the Force did all the work and it wasn't even Kanan fighting the Inquisitor or Maul. And Rey wasn't fighting Kylo Ren.

I could understand the Inquisitor and injured Kylo; both are within Kanan and Rey's reach and weirder shit has happened. But Kanan stomping Maul harder than Ahsoka or even ****ing Sidious was able to? Get outta here. thumb up Honestly, I gave Disney a chance. I was open-minded about it and still enjoy some of the things they're doing despite TFA and Rebels which are TPM level shit.

Last arc of Rebels was pretty hot, but some of the scenes (like Maul vs Kanan) were still cancerous tho.

ILS
I like Rebels but I don't plan on taking it too seriously, which is probably how it's supposed to be taken.

Sinious
I just can't stand the main crew. Especially the blue headed whore and the purple catman

Beniboybling
The Kanan vs Maul thing may be a bit unbelievable from a lore standpoint, but in terms of plot value I thought it was actually quite a powerful moment, so as long as it can be handwaved as oneness or whatever, I have no issues.Originally posted by Sinious
I just can't stand the main crew. Especially the blue headed whore and the purple catman Brutal. smile

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ILS
Nope. It's just every time a weaker main character is forced into an engagement with their obvious superior they have a "Force Explosion", according to FPJ, and the Force simply "takes over" their body and does the fighting for them. He went as far as to say the Force did all the work and it wasn't even Kanan fighting the Inquisitor or Maul. And Rey wasn't fighting Kylo Ren.

I could understand the Inquisitor and injured Kylo; both are within Kanan and Rey's reach and weirder shit has happened. But Kanan stomping Maul harder than Ahsoka or even ****ing Sidious was able to? Get outta here.

Its almost as if *gasp* Maul got weaker in the decades we haven't seen him.

Sinious
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Brutal. smile You know it's true. Ahsoka was the only good thing about that show. Vader's voice was creepy and Yoda's return was even worse than Revan's lol

Beniboybling
I'm actually warming to Vader's new voice, its a little different but just as good imo.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
Nope. It's just...(spends the next five minutes writing, 'Well, yes.')

Fated Xtasy
I literally have no problem with Kanan stomping Maul.

For several reasons.

1 - Maul had fought the Inquisitors+Ahsoka before that.

2 - Who is to say how powerful Old Master is compared to SoD Maul.

and 3 - it was a oneness moment+an arguably tired/weaker Maul that allowed that.

If it's a legit feat... I'm happy with that too.

FreshestSlice
Maul doesn't seem fatigued at all.
The fact that he's stomping most people he's facing and fighting evenly with Ahsoka says he's pretty up there.
That's retarded.

ILS
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Its almost as if *gasp* Maul got weaker in the decades we haven't seen him. Unless we get confirmation he degraded massively, which obviously isn't the case, then we're getting into the range of shit storytelling with Kanan being able to trump him with "Oneness".

Emperordmb
Oneness is the only explanation I'll accept. Rebels Maul being<<SOD Maul is retarded given his fight with Ahsoka and Ahsoka's fight with Vader, Maul being tired is unsubstantiated (plus the guy seemed very fired up at that point: DA POWAH WILL BE MYYYYYYYYNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!), Maul underestimating him is a better explanation than the previous two but is still completely cringeworthy.

Oneness, something that makes people as powerful as they can possibly be, is the only thing that could explain ****ing Kanan stomping DAWTH MAWL

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Oneness is the only explanation I'll accept. Rebels Maul being<<SOD Maul is retarded given his fight with Ahsoka and Ahsoka's fight with Vader, Maul being tired is unsubstantiated (plus the guy seemed very fired up at that point: DA POWAH WILL BE MYYYYYYYYNNNNEEEEEEEE!!!), Maul underestimating him is a better explanation than the previous two but is still completely cringeworthy.

Oneness, something that makes people as powerful as they can possibly be, is the only thing that could explain ****ing Kanan stomping DAWTH MAWL

They fought for less time than Yoda and Dooku. That hardly suggests parity at all. Shit Kanan and Ezra fought Vader for longer.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Lord Stark
They fought for less time than Yoda and Dooku. That hardly suggests parity at all. Shit Kanan and Ezra fought Vader for longer.
Ahsoka and Vader or Ahsoka and Maul?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Ahsoka and Vader or Ahsoka and Maul?

Ahsoka and Maul. The battle isn't long at all. Then again its longer than Kanan's fight with him. http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/user142426_pic80952_1419028826_thumb.png

Syndicate
Am I the only one to have given a serious answer in this thread?

EmperorSidious2
Kanan I don't think is a matter of power, just now he's smarter and will use his power diffenently to better cope with his blindness.

|King Joker|
@Stark: Ahsoka vs. Maul was like 1:40 tbh

Fated Xtasy
Maul doesn't seem fatigued at all.
The fact that he's stomping most people he's facing and fighting evenly with Ahsoka says he's pretty up there.
That's retarded.

Ahh "fighting with ahsoka" = impressive.

My baby girl's all grown up.

Lord Stark
@Stark: Ahsoka vs. Maul was like 1:40 tbh

zQGHl-cajN4

The entirety of Kanan and Ahsoka vs. Maul is 2:00 long. The real dueling without dialogue begins at :44 and lasts until and goes until 1:05. Its basically a 20 second duel MAYBE you can throw in an additional 10 seconds.

And FFS Ahsoka left him to Kanan sick That alone is enough to suggest he isn't on par with his TCWs self.

Darth Thor
It's not about "how long" the fight lasts, but about how the fight goes as well. It looked pretty even Imo.

Plus the fact that Maul thought Ahsoka was running from him makes it unlikely she was winning the duel.

|King Joker|
@Stark: So Ahsoka and Maul were just talking the entire time while Ezra was activating the temple? No, they were obviously fighting, hence the fight being 1:40.

Q99
Was surprised to learn even GI was a former Knight. So much for the idea that any trained Knight would easily take any Inquisitor.

Did anyone go that far? My opinion- or, old opinion, new info and all- was Inquisitors were capable of taking on Knights, but not really masters (at least, not without numbers), and their main purpose was hunting down Padawans and Knights while any real threats would be tossed upwards towards Vader.

Beniboybling
@Stark: So Ahsoka and Maul were just talking the entire time while Ezra was activating the temple? No, they were obviously fighting, hence the fight being 1:40. Yeah when it cuts back to Ahsoka and Maul they are clashing blades.

Its actually two full minutes by my estimation. Longer than her fight against Vader.

Lord Stark
@Stark: So Ahsoka and Maul were just talking the entire time while Ezra was activating the temple? No, they were obviously fighting, hence the fight being 1:40.

Or the scenes take place at the same time which makes sense considering Kanan hasn't moved an inch since then. Once it refocuses he starts to move.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Q99
Did anyone go that far? My opinion- or, old opinion, new info and all- was Inquisitors were capable of taking on Knights, but not really masters (at least, not without numbers), and their main purpose was hunting down Padawans and Knights while any real threats would be tossed upwards towards Vader.

Not talking about anyone specific. Just Remember arguing The Inquisitor of season 1 (now known as the GI) was probably trained well enough to take the average Knight, given he was Vader's primary Jedi hunter. Whilst others said he was only there to deal with Jedi trash.

Well turns out he was probably above an average Knight himself even before turning to the dark side.

Q99
Not talking about anyone specific. Just Remember arguing The Inquisitor of season 1 (now known as the GI) was probably trained well enough to take the average Knight, given he was Vader's primary Jedi hunter. Whilst others said he was only there to deal with Jedi trash.

Well turns out he was probably above an average Knight himself even before turning to the dark side.

Consider his knowledge of styles. I think he would be very good at taking apart orthodox practitioners of Knight level, because he specifically trained for that. So he's Knight-level (to above-average Knight level) but more specialized for dueling than most of his opponents, and thus can reliably take down other Knights.

My view at least.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.