Current Sinestro vs current Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
I have been following Sinestro, the guy is wreakingly powerful and an acute strategist. He tamed Parallax entity. Has Defeated Mongul 3 times. Without Parallax, defeated the Pale Bishop who is a Gaurdian of the Universe. Parallax Sinestro is sky father level. Normal Sinestro seem a notch down only.

He will he fare against the Namor killing Hyperion?

DarkSaint85
Current Hyperion goes round fighting circus freaks in his big rig.

Sinestro eats him.

joesha28
Normal Sinestro vs Hype

carver9
Hyperion wins.

Horrificus
Sinestro

joesha28
Originally posted by carver9
Hyperion wins.

Why?

Horrificus
Originally posted by joesha28
Why? cuz he's strong and has that cool atomic thingie on his codpiece. laughing out loud

ShadowFyre
On the ropes on this ones, because Lanterns apparent weakness is flying bricks. Like they have a horrible track record against flying bricks.

My question is the rings? Magic or Science? Pre-flashpoint they were magic? Is that the same in Nu-52?

joesha28
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
On the ropes on this ones, because Lanterns apparent weakness is flying bricks. Like they have a horrible track record against flying bricks.

My question is the rings? Magic or Science? Pre-flashpoint they were magic? Is that the same in Nu-52?

Nothing much change for the Lanterns. The rings gain power from their respective entities.

joesha28
I read in Comicvine that Sinestro has not lost a straight up fight since Rebirth. That post was in 2013!

Zack M
Sinestro.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Current Hyperion goes round fighting circus freaks in his big rig.

Sinestro eats him.

http://s5.postimg.org/z4t4zasnr/Hyperion_001_007.jpg
http://s5.postimg.org/5bm4qp40n/Hyperion_001_008.jpg

thumb up

EcstaticGrace
I read in Comicvine that Sinestro has not lost a straight up fight since Rebirth. That post was in 2013!

I believe Lobo beat him and Nu Lobo isn't that great in terms of physicals but that might have more context to it then I'm aware.

EcstaticGrace
http://s5.postimg.org/z4t4zasnr/Hyperion_001_007.jpg
http://s5.postimg.org/5bm4qp40n/Hyperion_001_008.jpg

thumb up

What's the context behind that? :/

DarkSaint85
No context sneer

But yes, Hyperion is currently trying to fly under the radar, and pass himself off as a normal human being. So he may well have been faking (based on his previous feats, it's actually pretty likely. Like, 99%).

But nothing has been shown so far, it's only been issue #1.

carver9
Yep, he's faking it. He knew she was looking at him and wanted to pass off as a human.

EcstaticGrace
No context sneer

But yes, Hyperion is currently trying to fly under the radar, and pass himself off as a normal human being. So he may well have been faking (based on his previous feats, it's actually pretty likely. Like, 99%).

But nothing has been shown so far, it's only been issue #1.

If that happened to Superman with no context behind it forums on alot of sites would be a fun read..

I'd take the scan as PIS if he still has his powers at worst case, best case scenario is that it's a feat for the hillbilly

Or ofcourse faking it, though the guy would make as an interesting powerhouse.

Shouldn't the crowbar have bent though?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
If that happened to Superman with no context behind it forums on alot of sites would be a fun read..

I'd take the scan as PIS if he still has his powers at worst case, best case scenario is that it's a feat for the hillbilly

Or ofcourse faking it, though the guy would make as an interesting powerhouse.

Shouldn't the crowbar have bent though?

Ha they'd explode.

But as for the crowbar, it depends on the hillbilly's strength level. If I took a crowbar and smashed it against a wall, assuming it's a good quality steel one, it SHOUDLN'T bend...but that's only because I am a weak pussy.

joesha28
I believe Lobo beat him and Nu Lobo isn't that great in terms of physicals but that might have more context to it then I'm aware.

Which issue? Because frm what I read, Sinestro hired Lobo to take care of potential troublemakers to the rise of the Sinestro Corp. A yellow ring found Lobo which Lobo rejected and threatened Sinestro not to send him a ring again, which Sinestro Gentlemenly agreed. A fight did not take place.

ShadowFyre
Ha they'd explode.

But as for the crowbar, it depends on the hillbilly's strength level. If I took a crowbar and smashed it against a wall, assuming it's a good quality steel one, it SHOUDLN'T bend...but that's only because I am a weak pussy.

I'm no weightlifter but I'm pretty strong and I know a lot of guys stronger than me, and I just dont see me or them really bending a good steel crowbar. I have seen them bent though which is surprising.

Khazra Reborn
Is current Hyperion the same one as Hickman's Avengers Hyperion?

carver9
Which issue? Because frm what I read, Sinestro hired Lobo to take care of potential troublemakers to the rise of the Sinestro Corp. A yellow ring found Lobo which Lobo rejected and threatened Sinestro not to send him a ring again, which Sinestro Gentlemenly agreed. A fight did not take place.

TheY fought.

carver9
https://p.dreamwidth.org/a0a9cc192362/-/abload.de/img/38muug.jpg

Don't feel like posting the entire fight.

DarkSaint85
Yes, there WAS context. Carver conveniently doesn't feel like posting the entire fight, because it weakens his argument.

Lobo had prepped specifically for Sinestro, and stopped him from using his full powers using special tech. Weakening his shields etc. Something that Hyperion does not have:

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/111336/4722402-4084722272-1544d.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4722406-0247480310-1544d.jpg

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Is current Hyperion the same one as Hickman's Avengers Hyperion?
Yeah

EcstaticGrace

Lobo Annual 1 but yeah like someone posted there was context for it to happen. I saw the one scan of Lobo making Sinestro bleed and I was wondering how that was possible given Nu Lobo's physicals.

DarkSaint85
Lobo Annual 1 but yeah like someone posted there was context for it to happen. I saw the one scan of Lobo making Sinestro bleed and I was wondering how that was possible given Nu Lobo's physicals.

Yah - Lobo even mentions specifically that Sinestro's shields were weakened. How much? Well, to the point nu Lobo could make him bleed, I guess.

carver9
Yes, there WAS context. Carver conveniently doesn't feel like posting the entire fight, because it weakens his argument.

Lobo had prepped specifically for Sinestro, and stopped him from using his full powers using special tech. Weakening his shields etc. Something that Hyperion does not have:

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11/111336/4722402-4084722272-1544d.jpg

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/111336/4722406-0247480310-1544d.jpg

And still beat him.

DarkSaint85
Erm...whut?

joesha28
Which was actually Sinestro testing him. Have you read Sinestro? You should it's the best lantern book out there and we see Thaal real acute strategic prep time. He can summon power from other YL in the mist of battle.

joesha28
New52 Lobo. A mix of Drax and wolverine.

Btw I just read the Lobo annual. Firstly we must know that was Parallax Sinestro, if wanted to kill Lobo he would have.

Sinestro was testing Lobo. He hired Lobo to kill himself. Lobo had prep-time too.

joesha28
Like I said Sinestro had yet to lose a straight up fight since rebirth.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Is this a forum myth? I mean u see it here all the time but on average are lanterns really that weak against flying bricks? And i dont mean superman he's in his own class.

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Is this a forum myth? I mean u see it here all the time but on average are lanterns really that weak against flying bricks? And i dont mean superman he's in his own class.

Hyperion is in his own class as well.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Hyperion is in his own class as well.

What does this have to do with my question

DarkSaint85
Also, carver, stop dodging me mad

Lobo specifically prepped for Sinestro, who wasn't out to kill him, merely test him.

joesha28
In the New52 green lantern series, he has shown to be Hal Jordan's better as a GL. He stretched the green rings power to the point that it broke twice.

joesha28
bump

Horrificus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I have wondered about this myself. I havent seen any strange majority of flying bricks taking down ring wearers. But this pre-judgement has been getting used to end "Green Lanterish" threads for several years.

It's a shame, because I would imagine that a lot of the ring wearers would b able to pull out wins against many flying brick types. Especially, if we r talking about guys like Sinestro and Hal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.