Ahsoka vs Savage Opress and Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beniboybling
*Ventress & Savage as of their confrontation with Dooku in Witches of the Mist.

Battle takes place outside the Sith Temple on Malachor V. Can Lady Tano win?

|King Joker|
I'd say Ahsoka puts up a good fight before going down. Unlike Dooku, she doesn't have Savage's kryptonite, and IIRC, there's a quote saying Dooku had to use all his power against them to stave them off.

Beniboybling
That quote was in reference to Rage!Savage.

Syndicate
Ventress solos tbh.

Beniboybling
I'd really love you to substantiate that with something. smile

|King Joker|
Damn, Beni, you sure? That's quite a large ask for him. smile

Syndicate
Beating Grievous.
Forcing Mace to use all his skills to defeat her before her prime.
Beating Kit Fisto.
Holding her own against both Anakin and Obi Wan.
Holding her own against Dooku.

Having superior offensive force capabilities.

Her equipment providing her more options.

The only thing Ahsoka really has on her is possibly superior force defenses but we don't even know that given the inconsistency which Vader employs his telekinetic advantage over most of his opponents.

Syndicate
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Damn, Beni, you sure? That's quite a large ask for him. smile

;y It hurts mastah. pleese. stahp da pane.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Syndicate
Beating Grievous.On a nexus, while Grievous was jobbing. Not that Ahsoka couldn't defeat him.Pretty sure Vader used "all his skills" against Ahsoka as well, yet failed to penetrate her defenses after a much lengthier engagement.A good showing, but largely achieved by through a stylistic advantage.

At that point Ventress couldn't defeat a JC member in a fair fight, like Plo Koon.
And was defeated in short order, not on level with Ahsoka holding her own against Vader for much longer.How? In a 1 v 1 she was obliterated. If anything it demonstrates she'd be entirely outmatched against a duelist of Ahsoka's caliber.

Which leads me to doubt his peer required all his skills to rout her after all.Forcing Vader to bend the knee > anything Ventress has accomplished, without circumstance. In fact I'd argue that incapacitating the Seventh Sister + Brother > what Ventress has accomplished.Jar'Kai is hardly new to her and she contending on equal ground with a superior saberstaff wielder in Maul.Most? Care to name a few?

And I wouldn't say so. Ahsoka has demonstrated superior skill to Ventress in contending evenly with Maul. And greater speed, strength and stamina in her performance against Vader.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Syndicate only acknowledges quotes like forcing Windu to use all his skill when it conveniently serves his purpose. smile

Syndicate
Originally posted by Beniboybling
On a nexus, while Grievous was jobbing. Not that Ahsoka couldn't defeat him.Pretty sure Vader used "all his skills" against Ahsoka as well, yet failed to penetrate her defenses after a much lengthier engagement.A good showing, but largely achieved by through a stylistic advantage.

At that point Ventress couldn't defeat a JC member in a fair fight, like Plo Koon.
And was defeated in short order, not on level with Ahsoka holding her own against Vader for much longer.How? In a 1 v 1 she was obliterated.

Which leads me to doubt his peer required all his skills to rout her.Forcing Vader to bend the knee > anything Ventress has accomplished, without circumstance.Jar'Kai is hardly new to her and she contending on equal ground with a superior saberstaff wielder in Maul.Most? Care to name a few?

And I wouldn't say so. Ahsoka has demonstrated superior skill to Ventress in contending evenly with Maul. And greater speed, strength and stamina in her performance against Vader.

Jobbing's an excuse that means nothing to me. There's nothing to suggest it. Granted it was on a nexus.

I'd contest that given Vader seemed to ignore her after he thought she'd been dealt with. His main focus was getting the Sith artifact.

Not contesting that as it's true. She's on par with CM's by that point though given her performances and is a bit above them by her prime.

I'd say Anakin and Obi Wan are a greater threat then Vader. Granted Ahsoka did last longer but from what I saw Vader wasn't giving her his full attention.

She was being driven back in a 1v1 yes though we don't know how long she could have lasted had he chosen to not employ his force powers. There's also the fact that she had been going back and forth with him a while before that and had just been choked by Savage, granted Dooku had been as well but he has techniques to wash away his wearieness while Ventress's stamina by this point is going to be suffering.

Again, I'd disagree here. Causing avalanches, causing stalagmites to collapse, causing an explosion with her force blast and just generally being able to employ telekinesis that pushes back foes like Kenobi and Anakin is perhaps more impressive then Ahsoka's own feat.

I'm talking about her curved hilt which is noted to give more options to the wielder in the DT trilogy.

Well. Ahsoka herself, Kanan, Karbin and Luke. Pretty much all the lightsaber wielding opponents he's faced so far actually.

Maul is aged and noted as being weaker then his former self. While I'm sure he's grown in knowledge and perhaps even power I'd say it's pretty likely that his skills and physicals have diminished if not greatly by a good amount. Considering Ventress has contended with Grievous's strength I wouldn't say that, considering that Ventress has kept up with and beaten the opponents I mentioned I wouldn't say Ahsoka has greater greater speed either. Finally in regards to stamina she has held her own against Savage and Maul along with Kenobi for a little over two and half minutes. She's never shown to have problems with her stamina either so I don't really see how it's relevant.

Syndicate
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Syndicate only acknowledges quotes like forcing Windu to use all his skill when it conveniently serves his purpose. smile

No, I only acknowledge quotes when they're supported and serve a purpose feats alone cannot accomplish.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Support the notion that Mace needed every ounce of skill to defeat Ventress. smile

Syndicate
Support the notion that Mace needed every ounce of skill to defeat Ventress. smile

Ventress being able to defeat Grievous on a DS nexus when Mace was unable to defeat a hindered Grievous.

Pre Prime Ventress < Mace =< Grievous < Prime Amped Ventress.

In regards to ability in lightsaber combat.

Lord Stark

Pre Prime Ventress < Mace =< Grievous < Prime Amped Ventress.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NO ****ING WAY!
https://m.popkey.co/268c58/grZAZ.gif

Syndicate
Originally posted by Lord Stark

Hey bud. I just go by showings.

|King Joker|
https://m.popkey.co/268c58/grZAZ.gif Of course he's serious.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

thumb up he's serious.

Syndicate
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Of course he's serious.

As you were when you created a thread legitimately pitting Ahsoka against both Savage and Ventress? Come on now.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He didn't create the thread lmfao. Get with the program.

Syndicate
He didn't create the thread lmfao. Get with the program.

I can't be bothered to tell the difference between all the different people sporting Ahsoka avatars.

Get with the program? Yeah, that'd be real fun. Everybody agreeing on the outcomes of everything all the time.

FreshestSlice
Lel, God, you're not too bright, are you?

Syndicate
I'm no brightsteel.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Lel, God, you're not too bright, are you?

Id say so, given that he misinterpreted something as easy to understand as "get with the program."

Syndicate
Id say so, given that he misinterpreted something as easy to understand as "get with the program."

What did you mean by that then?

Get with the program already this is a troll forum and nobody actually takes anything seriously here.

Get with the program and agree with the majority opinion.

Get with the program what? I don't know what the hell you're trying to say with your vague ass statements.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If you read the sentence before, (you know, the one that said, "joker didn't create the thread lmfao."wink you'd realize that I was referring to you getting the Ventress breast milk out of your eyes and see who actually made the thread. smile

Syndicate
Sorry I confused KJ with Beni broski. I know it's a cardinal sin and all but do you think you could ever forgive me?

FreshestSlice
If you read the sentence before, (you know, the one that said, "joker didn't create the thread lmfao."wink you'd realize that I was referring to you getting the Ventress breast milk out of your eyes and see who actually made the thread. smile
http://i.imgur.com/WKWXF9O.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
in conjunction with everything else you've said in this thread? No. smile

cs_zoltan
So much salt today. I need some water.

Syndicate
in conjunction with everything else you've said in this thread? No. smile

Well f*ck you too.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
http://i.imgur.com/WKWXF9O.gif

I learned from the two best on how to be a dick. You and ant smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
So much salt today. I need some water.

Salt is similar to an adderull in terms of dry mouth smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well f*ck you too.

Glad I improved the quality of your day. smile

Lord Stark
Hey bud. I just go by showings.

So laughing just to be clear laughing you think Ventress is superior to someone who is equal to Dooku and can contend with Sidious? http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me9swkSH2s1qe1i57o20_r2_250.gif

Syndicate
So laughing just to be clear laughing you think Ventress is superior to someone who is equal to Dooku and can contend with Sidious? http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me9swkSH2s1qe1i57o20_r2_250.gif

Mace isn't necessarily an equal to Dooku and you must not have noticed that only prime amped Ventress was above Mace.

Also, just to be clear, you're suggesting that baseline Mace could contend with Sidious? laughing

Lord Stark
Mace isn't necessarily an equal to Dooku and you must not have noticed that only prime amped Ventress was above Mace.

Yes they are as per Legends. And considering prime amped Ventress was owned by Dooku tapping a ****ing finger, no she is not.

Someone who is above Mace Windu can contend with Sidious, yes. Thus 'you need to be Yoda or Mace to compete with Sidious' and Windu being rated as a class 9 swordsman.

Syndicate
Yes they are as per Legends. And considering prime amped Ventress was owned by Dooku tapping a ****ing finger, no she is not.

Someone who is above Mace Windu can contend with Sidious, yes. Thus 'you need to be Yoda or Mace to compete with Sidious' and Windu being rated as a class 9 swordsman.

No they aren't. It's stated that only Dooku was able to beat Mace as a Jedi and then that Dooku grew much more powerful upon turning to the Dark Side.

"being rated as a class 9 swordsman"

Yours post just just gave me class 9 cancer.

JKBart
No they aren't. It's stated that only Dooku was able to beat Mace as a Jedi and then that Dooku grew much more powerful upon turning to the Dark Side.

"being rated as a class 9 swordsman"

Yours post just just gave me class 9 cancer.

Cancers have no class, they have only stages, and there are only T, N, and M stages of the cancer.

Get your facts right before you post ******

Lord Stark

Syndicate
"perhaps"

Personally I feel that perhaps he's not. If you want to debate it out we can.

Your LotR memes are weak just like your arguments.

Syndicate
Originally posted by JKBart
Cancers have no class

Your mother has no class.

JKBart
after I rap'd her in her sleep she sure lost her dignity

and that still doesn't excuse you from lacking a basic knowledge on the cancer

and you believe yourself to be elite KMC poster without basic cancer knowledge

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Can somebody help me? Just got AIDS, cancer, brain hemorrhages, trench foot, ebola, and the common cold simultaneously.

JKBart
Can somebody help me? Just got AIDS, cancer, brain hemorrhages, trench foot, ebola, and the common cold simultaneously.

yes i have PhD in euthanasia smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
LMFAO. Never change an bart

an adderull smile

|King Joker|
Syndicate is like the Black Death 2.0

cs_zoltan

You could put Syn on ignore.

http://i.imgur.com/N215CG7.jpg

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sounds extremely lame.

Syndicate
Who said I believed myself to be an elite KMC poster. I leave that position to FRESHER, more EMPERORY, ILSYER and BARTYER members then I.

Syndicate
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
You could put Syn on ignore.

http://i.imgur.com/N215CG7.jpg

Tis true.

Lord Stark
"perhaps"

Personally I feel that perhaps he's not. If you want to debate it out we can.

Your LotR memes are weak just like your arguments.

You want to debate Mace Windu vs. Dooku?
http://static.tumblr.com/pjcyhae/XEIm3588h/sean_bean_ned_stark_laughing.gif

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mace+windu+vs+dooku+site%3Awww.killermovies.com

Its been done to death. Some argue Mace some argue Dooku we generally concede they are roughly on par.

JKBart
an adderull timing smilesmile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why would I do that? Torture is much better. smile

Do unto others as they have an done unto you smilesmile

Syndicate
You want to debate Mace Windu vs. Dooku?
http://static.tumblr.com/pjcyhae/XEIm3588h/sean_bean_ned_stark_laughing.gif

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mace+windu+vs+dooku+site%3Awww.killermovies.com

Its been done to death. Some argue Mace some argue Dooku we generally concede they are roughly on par.

Personally while I think Mace is comparable I don't see him as being on par.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
an adderull timing smilesmile

yiz kek

carthage
Lmfao @ DMB being an elite poster

JKBart
smile
smile smile
smile smile smile
smile smile
smile

FreshestSlice
yes i have PhD in euthanasia smile
Better do a demonstration on yourself so we can be sure.

Syndicate
Originally posted by carthage
Lmfao @ DMB being an elite poster

The dark memes will not avail you! Go back to Bart's shadow servant of trolling!

Syndicate
Better do a demonstration on yourself so we can be sure.

+1 We learn by example.

Beniboybling
Don't worry, haven't forgot about you Syn. smileOriginally posted by Syndicate
Jobbing's an excuse that means nothing to me. There's nothing to suggest it. Granted it was on a nexus.He wasn't taking his opponent seriously. As he says "I've always been greater than you!" - last time Grievous underestimated his enemies he got beat by Gungans. Go figure.

And its reflected in his technique, its sloppy and half-assed. He flails at Ventress and then she defeats him by exploiting the glaring flaws in his technique. Not suggesting Ventress couldn't necessarily defeat Grievous, but it would have been much more of a contest if he'd given 100%.Right... Two points here.

1. Vader was intent on killing Ahsoka, Filoni makes clear he was extremely driven in this regard.
2. Ahsoka was between him and the Sith artifact, as long as she was around, he couldn't get at it, so defeating her as quickly as possible was a priority.

There is zero reason to assume Vader wasn't giving his all, as not doing so would only undermine both those objectives.A bit above them, sure, but Ahsoka is well above that level at this point.He was and they may be, but again Ahsoka lasted much longer.She was rapidly driven back from the beginning and after a few seconds resorted to evasion, with Dooku easily deflecting all of her attacks, so evidently not long at all, and to assume otherwise is entirely baseless.We can make excuses for why she was so easily bested, but she was still bested, so it hardly proves anything regarding her skill.How? Fact is Ahsoka has used her TK to greater effect against more powerful foes, so it stands to reason none of those other TK showings are beyond her.OK, but I doubt that will make much of a difference.On what basis was his performance against Ahsoka inconsistent?

Hardly needed to ragdoll Kanan when he could throw him around with his hands.

He pulled a statue on top of Karbin.

He disarmed Luke in their first fight, and telekinetically bombarded him in the second.All I see here is conjecture, but I'll give you the opportunity to substantiate this with some form of evidence.What strength feats does Grievous have that compare to Vader?She failed to keep up with Dooku or Mace, the caliber of opponent Ahsoka was up against. She also struggled to keep up with Savage.

Granted she could briefly keep up with Anakin and Kenobi but I'd hardly say that makes her able to keep pace with Darth Vader (let alone move faster than him). Who could deflect omni-directional laser fire, emerged unscathed from fighting a horde of lyleks and himself kept pace with Darth Sidious.Its not a question of having problems with stamina, its a question of having less of it. Neither Savage nor Maul being as taxing opponents as Vader. And of course, she admitted inferiority and fled.

ares834
LotR memes

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11116/111160070/3903788-boromir_facepalm.jpg

Syndicate
Don't worry, haven't forgot about you Syn. smileHe wasn't taking his opponent seriously. As he says "I've always been greater than you!" - last time Grievous underestimated his enemies he got beat by Gungans. Go figure.

And its reflected in his technique, its sloppy and half-assed. He flails at Ventress and then she defeats him by exploiting the glaring flaws in his technique. Not suggesting Ventress couldn't necessarily defeat Grievous, but it would have been much more of a contest if he'd given 100%.Right... Two points here.

1. Vader was intent on killing Ahsoka, Filoni makes clear he was extremely driven in this regard.
2. Ahsoka was between him and the Sith artifact, as long as she was around, he couldn't get at it, so defeating her as quickly as possible was a priority.

There is zero reason to assume Vader wasn't giving his all, as not doing so would only undermine both those objectives.A bit above them, sure, but Ahsoka is well above that level at this point.He was and they may be, but again Ahsoka lasted much longer.She was rapidly driven back from the beginning and after a few seconds resorted to evasion, with Dooku easily deflecting all of her attacks, so evidently not long at all, and to assume otherwise is entirely baseless.We can make excuses for why she was so easily bested, but she was still bested, so it hardly proves anything regarding her skill.How? Fact is Ahsoka has used her TK to greater effect against more powerful foes, so it stands to reason none of those other TK showings are beyond her.OK, but I doubt that will make much of a difference.On what basis was his performance against Ahsoka inconsistent?

Hardly needed to ragdoll Kanan when he could throw him around with his hands.

He pulled a statue on top of Karbin.

He disarmed Luke in their first fight, and telekinetically bombarded him in the second.All I see here is conjecture, but I'll give you the opportunity to substantiate this with some form of evidence.What strength feats does Grievous have that compare to Vader?She failed to keep up with Dooku or Mace, the caliber of opponent Ahsoka was up against. She also struggled to keep up with Savage.

Granted she could briefly keep up with Anakin and Kenobi but I'd hardly say that makes her able to keep pace with Darth Vader (let alone move faster than him). Who could deflect omni-directional laser fire, emerged unscathed from fighting a horde of lyleks and himself kept pace with Darth Sidious.Its not a question of having problems with stamina, its a question of having less of it. Neither Savage nor Maul being as taxing opponents as Vader. And of course, she admitted inferiority and fled.

"I've always been greater then you." Could have simply been a taunt or a confident statement. It doesn't mean Grievous was underestimating his opponent. I'm not one to analyze the choreography of a scene and make assumptions based on said choreography. Neither you or I know whether Greivous was going all out, personally I think Grievous expected to win but wouldn't have been holding back or taking it easy as he knew how formidable of an opponent Ventress was and likely was informed by Dooku that the planet would only further empower her.

May I get the quotes for that?

Granted but the Sith superweapon powering up right over his head might have been in his thoughts while he was fighting her along with what his master might do to him if he failed to stop it before it fell under the control of their enemies. Until I get that quote I'm not convinced that the Sith holocron he'd been sent to retrieve wasn't his primary objective.

That's debatable. I feel like a CM like Fisto or Plo Koon would be able to replicate Ahsoka's performance against Vader.

Need the quote. They are imo. Granted she did last longer.

Given her other performances I don't believe it's baseless. Also she was making use of the narrow corridors and trying to gain leverage against Dooku by jumping from wall to wall. It was ultimately unsuccessful but I personally feel she could have lasted a good while against him had it been a duel restricted to lightsabers and lightsabers only.

True enough. I shouldn't have brought it up as there are other showings of her skill that are more easily defined.

More powerful foes or more powerful foe? :P

Ripping out a durasteel console from the floor of his ship for one.

That's not through speed though that's through skill... Also she did fine against Savage, what do you mean?

Eh? I think this is where getting into the fundamental differences between us. I see no reason why Ventress couldn't keep up with Vader or Maul with Dooku or Obi Wan with Vader or any one of those combinations. They're all around par as far as I'm concerned.

Again, I think this is a fundamental difference then you or I. Stamina and speed doesn't usually enter into the equation with all of these opponents who can generally challenge eachother and who seem to be on par in regards to combat speed or how long they've lasted. Also I find the assertion that Maul wouldn't be as taxing as an opponent as Vader to be in question personally. She seemed to handle herself fine against both of them. Granted she and Kenobi as a team were not on par with Savage and Maul.

Beniboybling
I would appreciate it if you responded to my points directly, I'm finding it difficult to work out what you're referring to. ermOriginally posted by Syndicate
"I've always been greater then you." Could have simply been a taunt or a confident statement. It doesn't mean Grievous was underestimating his opponent. I'm not one to analyze the choreography of a scene and make assumptions based on said choreography. Neither you or I know whether Greivous was going all out, personally I think Grievous expected to win but wouldn't have been holding back or taking it easy as he knew how formidable of an opponent Ventress was and likely was informed by Dooku that the planet would only further empower her.>Says he doesn't analyse choreography.
>Analyses the choreography of Dooku vs Ventress.

Lmao.

Anyway it's not rocket science. smile

Fact is he demonstates none of the technical proficiency of effective use of his anatomy that he does here for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx2bP5xv2jo&t=1m45s

Or here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-t9GlT9qmk&t=0m13s

His taunt suggesting the reason is overconfidence.We both agreed that the one thing that Ahsoka can't represent in any way is any path of redemption for Vader, or the hope that that's there because Luke is the only one that's going to be able to make that happen. And that's the story that we see. It was our belief that we could have this moment, but it's not even a moment of hesitation for Vader. He is going to destroy her, and the reason that is, is that she has knowledge of him as a good person. She represents and is a vessel for everything that he once was, and he finds such pain in that, and hatred, and anger. He doesn't want to face what he's become, but he just wants to destroy anything that reminds him of that former self.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/31/star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-on-ahsokas-fate-mauls-return-and-much-more?page=2Right, and in order to retrieve the holocron he had to defeat Ahsoka, making at that moment, by association, defeating or otherwise incapacitating Ahsoka his primary objective. Clear?
Nah. They are skilled but they are not even TPM Maul level. Whom Ahsoka is firmly above.Right. Hence why she wins here.I see your point regarding leverage, but you are still entirely overlooking the fact Dooku was rapidly driving her back from the onset, at no point does she hold her ground and her (failed) attempt to use the environment to can an advantage only further illustrates her desperate position.

She was certainly driven back far more quickly than Ahsoka was by Vader, despite Vader being a much more aggressive duelist.To greater effect, and against a more powerful foe, my bad.In a combat situation.They are not mutually exclusive. And she didn't do particularly well against Savage considering he outflanked and disarmed her.What has Maul or Kenobi got to do with this?

And its not a case of just keeping pace with him, Ahsoka was initially faster than Vader.I'm not sure who you are equating with who but I'm still not seeing any proof Ventress can match let alone surpass Vader's speed.

And Vader is more taxing an opponent because his attacks are far stronger and therefore require more energy to deflect. He's significantly more powerful than Maul, hence why Maul admits he's no match for him.

EDIT: Also you gonna substantiate your claims regarding Maul? And I assume you are conceding that Vader exerts his telekinetic advantage more often than not?

Emperordmb
Yeah Ventress would get rekt by Vader

Beniboybling
yes

Syndicate
I would appreciate it if you responded to my points directly, I'm finding it difficult to work out what you're referring to. erm>Says he doesn't analyse choreography.
>Analyses the choreography of Dooku vs Ventress.

Lmao.

Anyway it's not rocket science. smile

Fact is he demonstates none of the technical proficiency of effective use of his anatomy that he does here for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx2bP5xv2jo&t=1m45s

Or here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-t9GlT9qmk&t=0m13s

His taunt suggesting the reason is overconfidence.We both agreed that the one thing that Ahsoka can't represent in any way is any path of redemption for Vader, or the hope that that's there because Luke is the only one that's going to be able to make that happen. And that's the story that we see. It was our belief that we could have this moment, but it's not even a moment of hesitation for Vader. He is going to destroy her, and the reason that is, is that she has knowledge of him as a good person. She represents and is a vessel for everything that he once was, and he finds such pain in that, and hatred, and anger. He doesn't want to face what he's become, but he just wants to destroy anything that reminds him of that former self.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/31/star-wars-rebels-dave-filoni-on-ahsokas-fate-mauls-return-and-much-more?page=2Right, and in order to retrieve the holocron he had to defeat Ahsoka, making at that moment, by association, defeating or otherwise incapacitating Ahsoka his primary objective. Clear?
Nah. They are skilled but they are not even TPM Maul level. Whom Ahsoka is firmly above.Right. Hence why she wins here.I see your point regarding leverage, but you are still entirely overlooking the fact Dooku was rapidly driving her back from the onset, at no point does she hold her ground and her (failed) attempt to use the environment to can an advantage only further illustrates her desperate position.

She was certainly driven back far more quickly than Ahsoka was by Vader, despite Vader being a much more aggressive duelist.To greater effect, and against a more powerful foe, my bad.In a combat situation.They are not mutually exclusive. And she didn't do particularly well against Savage considering he outflanked and disarmed her.What has Maul or Kenobi got to do with this?

And its not a case of just keeping pace with him, Ahsoka was initially faster than Vader.I'm not sure who you are equating with who but I'm still not seeing any proof Ventress can match let alone surpass Vader's speed.

And Vader is more taxing an opponent because his attacks are far stronger and therefore require more energy to deflect. He's significantly more powerful than Maul, hence why Maul admits he's no match for him.

EDIT: Also you gonna substantiate your claims regarding Maul? And I assume you are conceding that Vader exerts his telekinetic advantage more often than not?

I don't know how to thread my responses through the quote.

That was a bit hypocritical wasn't it? Alright then I concede the point about Ventress's fight with Dooku. There's no way for us to tell if she could have continued the fight for a longer period then she did, though it's my personal opinion she was capable of doing so based on her other performances. I don't feel comfortable with analyzing choreography when we have very little if any knowledge about sword fighting and remain unaware of the the creator's limitations in regards to animation or their intent. There's also the fact that Grievous is generally portrayed in that manner in TCW.

Or he simply thought the best stratagem to use against Ventress was an overwhelming offensive.

He may WANT to destroy her but based on Vader's past actions he's going to be focusing on carrying out Sidious's orders above everything else.

He had to incapacitate or get rid of Ahsoka long enough for him to get the holocron actually. Defeating her would have also worked but not if it hindered his primary objective. This is evidenced by Vader not even noting Ahsoka's fall before going to retrieve the holocron. He and Ahsoka have fallen far greater distances before that and we even see Ahsoka fall around that distance near the beginning of the episode and simply cushion her fall. If Vader's main goal was to defeat her he would have followed her down and finished the job.

Imo they are on or around TPM Maul level. Ahsoka is not firmly above TPM Maul level. I don't even know if I rank her on par with him.

Wait what? She lasted longer given the circumstances. While we don't know if Ventress could have or could not have lasted longer in her fight against Dooku had he not used the Force that doesn't really matter considering the relative parity of their other performances, with the addition of Savage Ahsoka has no chance.

Because Vader is not as agile as Dooku and Ahsoka's own form ( Ataru ) is itself aggressive.

Let's be real here. She landed a force push on him, the fight continued. It's pretty much the equivalent of what Kas'im did to Bane in PoD. While impressive it isn't a feat of tactical brilliance or astonishing power. It shows she's somewhat comparable and that she can employ TK in combat. It's fine and all but I don't see how any of these feats are on par with those I mentioned for Ventress.

Yes, and? Why would being in a combat situation increase Grievous's strength?

It doesn't really matter considering this was before her prime anyways. I guess you could be right but nothing really notes his speed advantage over her just that he defeated her in a hard fought battle using all his skill. And outflanked? She employed a downward chop and Savage dodged at the last second palming the blade out of her hand. She then goes on to show incredible skill in H2H combat against the physical tank that is Savage Oppress. It gets even better once you note that she was fighting with a single saber when in almost all of her fights she's fought with two meaning she was not fighting at her peak capabilities. Even still she managed to hold her own against Maul and Savage.

The fact that she's shown herself to be capable of fighting with them and not being outpaced. Ahsoka was faster then Vader? More nimble/agile maybe but I doubt she was faster.

She's matched Obi Wan in speed. She's matched Anakin in speed. Imo she matched Mace and Dooku in speed and was simply outskilled. None of these opponents are slower then canon Vader.

Maul in an atrophied state said that. I'm talking about Maul in his prime. And I could argue Maul is a more taxing opponent because he's more agile and comparable physically and thus is more aggressive and offensive lightsaber duelist. Vader can press a measured powerful offensive while Maul can press a broad sweeping and comparably powerful offensive. It's the difference between taking a hammer blow and defending against a rapier's many strikes.

Also my apologies I don't know how I missed your post regarding Vader's TK.

Pulling a statue on top of Karbin is effecting his environment not the opponent itself.

Are you talking about something from the comics in regards to Luke?

ILS
Is this actually a debate? The team creams her. Non-prime versions of these two would have routed Dooku if he didn't have Force lightning, which Ahsoka doesn't have. She's honestly better than either unless Rebels!Maul took a drastic dip since TCW, but combined they are too much and individually either one would give her issues.

Syndicate
Well currently Beni and I are debating Ventress vs Ahsoka by itself.

I assume he knows I don't acknowledge the possibility of Ahsoka taking any matches against both Ventress and Savage simultaneously.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by ILS
She's honestly better than either unless Rebels!Maul took a drastic dip since TCW, but combined they are too much and individually either one would give her issues.
She's honestly better than either of them regardless of Rebels!Maul's quality tbh

ILS
Originally posted by Emperordmb
She's honestly better than either of them regardless of Rebels!Maul's quality tbh Possibly, but it'd be by much slimmer margins. Ventress and Savage aren't far off of TCW Maul barring stylistic edges and what not.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by ILS
Is this actually a debate? The team creams her. Non-prime versions of these two would have routed Dooku if he didn't have Force lightning, which Ahsoka doesn't have. She's honestly better than either unless Rebels!Maul took a drastic dip since TCW, but combined they are too much and individually either one would give her issues. Yeah I didn't really think she could win, just interested to see how well she would fare.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by ILS
Possibly, but it'd be by much slimmer margins. Ventress and Savage aren't far off of TCW Maul barring stylistic edges and what not.
I disagree given Ventress's performance against Dooku and Savage's against Maul.

and I'd say Ahsoka's fight with Vader alone puts her above either of them, regardless of her fight with Maul.

ILS
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I disagree given Ventress's performance against Dooku and Savage's against Maul. But then look at Ventress' vs Maul and Savage's vs Dooku. Styles make fights.

Agreed with the last part, just not sure to what degree yet.

Syndicate
Are you trying to imply Makashi has a form advantage over Juyo? 0-o

JKBart
Saint Peter's symbol is a ****ing COCK and you still talk about ahsoka

ILS
Are you trying to imply Makashi has a form advantage over Juyo? 0-o No... I'm saying it makes sense for Dooku to whip Ventress, and Maul to whip Savage, and in contrast it makes sense for Ventress to last against Maul and Savage to last against Dooku.

Dooku is everything Ventress is but better, same with Maul to Savage. Flip the tables, Ventress' better refinery and agility lets her evade a total ass-whooping and Savage's strength and aggression is enough to pose Dooku real issues.

Syndicate
It should be noted that when Ventress fought both Maul/Savage she was using only a single blade.

Beniboybling
I don't know how to thread my responses through the quote.You wrap the text in or highlight it and press the "Quote" button.Good. smileWell the point I was trying to make is he actually isn't.Perhaps, but it wasn't very effective.:facepalm:

You are seriously not understanding the point.

Let me provide an analogy. Assuming you are trying to get into a burn building to save someone, but you have to knock down the door to get in.

Is your primary objective knocking down the door? No. It's saving the person. Would you bother knocking down the whole door if you managed to create sufficient enough an opening to get through? No, saving the person takes priority.

Are you nonetheless, going to put every ounce of your strength into knocking down that door? Of course you are. The faster you knock down the door or at least create an opening, the faster you can save the person.

Ahsoka is that door. She is an obstacle, standing in the way of Vader and his objective, the faster he removes that obstacle, be it by defeating, incapacitating otherwise getting rid of her, the faster he can get to the holocron. Not applying "all his skill" therefore would only work to his disadvantage.

Its no different from Windu using all his abilities to drive away Ventress, despite it not being his primary objective.Actually, he explicitly notes her fall.Nah, TPM Maul is described as eclipsing the abilities of Qui-Gon, whose accolades as one of the greatest swordsbeings in the Order is just as good as any one CM member. Maul's on another level.

And clearly she is, seeing as she contended with a better version of Maul as an equal.No she didn't, they defeated her in 30 seconds twice over, Ahsoka lasted more than three times as long against Vader.

Something you just admitted, not sure why you're backtracking now.Huh? Ahsoka can't handle Savage now? Lmao.

And what performances? She was driven away just as quickly by Windu and being => to a Council-level doesn't make her better than Ahsoka when she's equal to Maul.Dooku still isn't nearly as aggressive a duelist as Vader. Astonishing irony here:

Again, I'd disagree here. Causing avalanches, causing stalagmites to collapse, causing an explosion with her force blast and just generally being able to employ telekinesis that pushes back foes like Kenobi and Anakin is perhaps more impressive then Ahsoka's own feat.

If Ahsoka pushing Vader is not that impressive, Ventress pushing the likes of Anakin or Kenobi barely warrants a footnote.

Regardless, you continue to ignore the fact that Ahsoka with her TK KOed both the Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother with little difficulty, which surpasses anything Ventress has accomplished offensively.

The former who could Force grip a shuttle for a time and the latter Force gripped Kanan. Neither of which are that far off triggering an avalanche or dislodging stalagmites. Ahsoka is a vastly superior Force user to either, go figure.My point is it's guesswork to assume how dominating that makes him in combat.

Vader has cybernetically enhanced strength, is vastly powerful in the Force, and is stronger than a being who exhausted Dooku with his attacks. But ripping out a console doesn't put Grievous on his level, which is a Legends showing anyway. Nor she we ignore the fact that Ventress only contends with his strength on a nexus.Fair enough, by Vader is vastly more powerful and skilled than Savage.

She also favors a single saber in DD so I think we can chalk it up as a fair defeat.Nah, really no.

Ventress cannot match Dooku's speed.
Ventress cannot match Windu's speed.
Ventress cannot even match Kenobi's speed.

This should be plainly obvious from their feats e.g. contending with Yoda, or delivering six punches in one second, or contending with ROTS Vader, or deflecting almost 20 strikes per second.

Was she able to perceive and counter their attacks? Yes, for a brief time, but that doesn't mean she's on level with their speed, any more than it makes Bariss on level with Anakin or Maul on level with Palpatine.

It's possible to contend with someone and still be outclassed or at least surpassed in this regard.

Given that, no, Ventress cannot match Vader's speed, she cannot deflect omni-directional fire, she cannot emerge unscathed against a Lylek horde and she certainly cannot keep pace with Darth Sidious, I doubt she could even perceive him.

And by association I don't see her matching Ahsoka's speed either, which is at least equal to Vader. I would argue she was initially faster on the basis she kicked him in the face before he could even swing, and evade the majority of his subsequent attacks quite easily. Though it was a level of speed she was unable to maintain.Again this is baseless conjecture on your part. There is no reason to assume Maul's abilities have atrophied to any significant degree, when they didn't after 10 years of deranged seclusion, when he appears in excellent shape, performs admirably against the Inquisitors, and is barely in his fiftiesEvidently not if he can't defeat Vader, and for the record at that point Maul hadn't become accustomed to his new legs so its certainly not his prime.

Regardless, Ventress didn't engage Maul or Savage for nearly as long.Concerning Karbin, looking over it again Vader doesn't really have any excuse not to just Force crush the guy. However considering he literally has zero excuse, and even goes to express the fact he wants to be done with this guy, I'm inclined to believe he was jobbing, for the sake of a cool fight.

And yes in Vader's first encounter with Luke, he literally pulls his lightsaber out of his hand.

Selenial
"I don't have time to respond to long posts"

10/10 Beni, your excuse for not facing me is really holding up mmm

Beniboybling
Calm down, Sel.

No need to get upset because I'm giving Syn more attention than you. smile

Aurbere
That is a perfectly valid reason to get upset, Beni. Perfectly valid

Beniboybling
Lmao, I have a dissertation to write. Fugg you. smile

On the other hand, don't see you making time for SWTOR. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif

Selenial
Lmao, I have a dissertation to write. Fugg you. smile

On the other hand, don't see you making time for SWTOR. http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif

You're in your third year?

I'd had you at A-Level at most mmm

Beniboybling
You've known me for several years, Sel. I move through life. smile

Nephthys
I disagree with the notion that Ahsoka could ever be just an obstacle to Vader to be swiftly removed.

Even though hed already beaten her once, he still offered to let her live, for instance.

Beniboybling
What exactly are you saying, that Vader was holding back because he didn't want to kill her?

Nephthys
If he did, why would he offer to spare her?

Beniboybling
Because he'd been instructed by Darth Sidious to capture her, with hopes she'd lead them to other Jedi. No way was this done for sentimental reasons, and frankly I doubt she'd be allowed to live after she handed over what they wanted.

FreshestSlice
No way was this done for sentimental reasons, and frankly I doubt she'd be allowed to live after she handed over what they wanted.
Pretty sure there's a little way, Beni.

Beniboybling
Prove it. smile

Syndicate
You wrap the text in or highlight it and press the "Quote" button.Good. smileWell the point I was trying to make is he actually isn't.Perhaps, but it wasn't very effective.:facepalm:

You are seriously not understanding the point.

Let me provide an analogy. Assuming you are trying to get into a burn building to save someone, but you have to knock down the door to get in.

Is your primary objective knocking down the door? No. It's saving the person. Would you bother knocking down the whole door if you managed to create sufficient enough an opening to get through? No, saving the person takes priority.

Are you nonetheless, going to put every ounce of your strength into knocking down that door? Of course you are. The faster you knock down the door or at least create an opening, the faster you can save the person.

Ahsoka is that door. She is an obstacle, standing in the way of Vader and his objective, the faster he removes that obstacle, be it by defeating, incapacitating otherwise getting rid of her, the faster he can get to the holocron. Not applying "all his skill" therefore would only work to his disadvantage.

Its no different from Windu using all his abilities to drive away Ventress, despite it not being his primary objective.Actually, he explicitly notes her fall.Nah, TPM Maul is described as eclipsing the abilities of Qui-Gon, whose accolades as one of the greatest swordsbeings in the Order is just as good as any one CM member. Maul's on another level.

And clearly she is, seeing as she contended with a better version of Maul as an equal.No she didn't, they defeated her in 30 seconds twice over, Ahsoka lasted more than three times as long against Vader.

Something you just admitted, not sure why you're backtracking now.Huh? Ahsoka can't handle Savage now? Lmao.

And what performances? She was driven away just as quickly by Windu and being => to a Council-level doesn't make her better than Ahsoka when she's equal to Maul.Dooku still isn't nearly as aggressive a duelist as Vader. Astonishing irony here:

If Ahsoka pushing Vader is not that impressive, Ventress pushing the likes of Anakin or Kenobi barely warrants a footnote.

Regardless, you continue to ignore the fact that Ahsoka with her TK KOed both the Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother with little difficulty, which surpasses anything Ventress has accomplished offensively.

The former who could Force grip a shuttle for a time and the latter Force gripped Kanan. Neither of which are that far off triggering an avalanche or dislodging stalagmites. Ahsoka is a vastly superior Force user to either, go figure.My point is it's guesswork to assume how dominating that makes him in combat.

Vader has cybernetically enhanced strength, is vastly powerful in the Force, and is stronger than a being who exhausted Dooku with his attacks. But ripping out a console doesn't put Grievous on his level, which is a Legends showing anyway. Nor she we ignore the fact that Ventress only contends with his strength on a nexus.Fair enough, by Vader is vastly more powerful and skilled than Savage.

She also favors a single saber in DD so I think we can chalk it up as a fair defeat.Nah, really no.

Ventress cannot match Dooku's speed.
Ventress cannot match Windu's speed.
Ventress cannot even match Kenobi's speed.

This should be plainly obvious from their feats e.g. contending with Yoda, or delivering six punches in one second, or contending with ROTS Vader, or deflecting almost 20 strikes per second.

Was she able to perceive and counter their attacks? Yes, for a brief time, but that doesn't mean she's on level with their speed, any more than it makes Bariss on level with Anakin or Maul on level with Palpatine.

It's possible to contend with someone and still be outclassed or at least surpassed in this regard.

Given that, no, Ventress cannot match Vader's speed, she cannot deflect omni-directional fire, she cannot emerge unscathed against a Lylek horde and she certainly cannot keep pace with Darth Sidious, I doubt she could even perceive him.

And by association I don't see her matching Ahsoka's speed either, which is at least equal to Vader. I would argue she was initially faster on the basis she kicked him in the face before he could even swing, and evade the majority of his subsequent attacks quite easily. Though it was a level of speed she was unable to maintain.Again this is baseless conjecture on your part. There is no reason to assume Maul's abilities have atrophied to any significant degree, when they didn't after 10 years of deranged seclusion, when he appears in excellent shape, performs admirably against the Inquisitors, and is barely in his fiftiesEvidently not if he can't defeat Vader, and for the record at that point Maul hadn't become accustomed to his new legs so its certainly not his prime.

Regardless, Ventress didn't engage Maul or Savage for nearly as long.Concerning Karbin, looking over it again Vader doesn't really have any excuse not to just Force crush the guy. However considering he literally has zero excuse, and even goes to express the fact he wants to be done with this guy, I'm inclined to believe he was jobbing, for the sake of a cool fight.

And yes in Vader's first encounter with Luke, he literally pulls his lightsaber out of his hand.

Too much effort.

That means I don't think Grievous was simply flailing at Ventress like you suggested.

Then how is he generally portrayed iyo?

And I believe that's because of how powerful and skilled Ventress was by that point on Dathomir.

Syndicate
And if you're thinking about that person who might be burning alive in that building your full focus and attention isn't going to be on bringing that door down. With the station powering up right above his head Vader's likely to not be full focused on Ahsoka. There's a difference between throwing yourself against a door repeatedly and getting in a duel against a skilled opponent.

Nice job ignoring the rest of the post.

Except a Maul who's atrophied physically and likely in skill isn't going to be as formidable of an opponent as TPM Maul.

Who are you talking about? I'm referencing Ahsoka in her fight with Vader.

I said parity meaning they're equatable. While I think Ahsoka could accomplish some of the feats Ventress has like stalemating Obi Wan or beating Kit Fisto I don't she could could do much better.

Ahsoka = Mace now? Lol.

Makashi is noted for working around the guard of your opponent and deflecting direct strikes to minimize that amount of kinetic energy the wielder is forced to counter. It's not noted as being either aggressive or defensive. I'm saying though that Dooku who is Ventress's superior as a duelist is logically going to be on the offensive and given his superior mobility to someone like Vader he's going to look as if he's pressing Ventress more then Vader would be pressing Ahsoka even if their performances were relatively similar.

I backed up my statement with other feats that didn't include simply pushing other force users. While I do think it's around the same league with those other feats I mentioned I don't think it's some godly feat that blows everything else out of the water like you seem to.

Not ignoring anything but considering how easily the Inquisitors have been ragdolled I don't find pushing the 5th brother into a wall to be all that impressive in comparison to the other feats I mentioned for Ventress.

It makes him pretty physically strong I'd imagine especially when he's also been shown to be capable of denting durasteel with his punches ( a canon showing btw ).

It puts him around his level I'd imagine. She also contends with his strength in Dark Disciple. :P

We've never seen her use a single saber in canon before that point and she only uses a single saber in Dark Disciple because Barriss stole her other other one in TCW.

Eh? She's stalemated Kenobi so you're blatantly wrong with that last one.

In regards to Dooku/Mace if you want to say that then you have to establish how much of her defeat was attributed to their speed advantage and how much of it was attributed to their skill advantage if either existed. Since that's complicated and doesn't really make sense in a medium that has these characters constantly being shown as comparable or on par I take it to mean they can all keep up with eachother and simply measure it by skill. If you want to do it the other way feel free but get back to me with a proper measurement of the two.

Given she dodged through omnidirectional fire and was stated to be capable of walking through the rain without a single drop touching her in DR I doubt she has trouble matching that feat. That's your opinion. There's nothing to suggest she could not remain unscathed against a Lylek horde if she had Vader's armor and power and skill. Since this is a speed comparison and this feat has a lot more contributing to it then just speed I don't know why you'd bring it up.

You just stated that an opponent can contend with someone even if they are outclassed in speed and now you'r claiming Ahsoka is Vader's equal. The bias is real.

Exactly. Ataru which is known for its acrobatics and focus on offense is going to allow Ahsoka to appear as if she's as fast as Vader but really she's struggling to keep up her offensiveness dulled to simply blocking and dodging blows by Vader trying to find an opening.

No, this is a statement by one of the cast of Rebels and he appares far thinner in the show. Exactly, he's not in his physical prime like he was in TPM or TCW or SoD, he's about a quarter of a century past it actually.

An atrophied Maul can't. He had gotten used to them enough to dominate Savage with them.

She engaged with them for about two and a half minutes trading off with each of them during that period. She did not seem to struggle with Maul overly much despite being deprived of one of her blades.

:/ Or maybe he simply couldn't do that to Karbin when he was being pressured by cybernetics on a similar to Grievous's own.

That's not effecting the fighter that's effecting an object, Legends Vader accomplished a similar feat against the Starkiller clone. Now what do you mean by telekinetic bombardment?

Syndicate
Don't know why but the site won't let me go over 10,000 characters. :/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.