ROTS Obi Wan vs. Ahsoka Tano (Rebels)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Duel takes place above Bane's grave

Who wins?

Col. Valerian
Hmmm.

Not sure.

|King Joker|
Ahsoka can win if she exerts her telekinetic edge, IMO.

Col. Valerian
I honestly don't know.

She'll have a really hard time penetrating the defenses of Kenobi's Soresu.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by |King Joker|
What telekinetic edge, kek? Landing TK, still, doesn't make you on a similar power level with the person you TK'd.

EmperorSidious2
Obi wan

ares834
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
What telekinetic edge, kek? Landing TK, still, doesn't make you on a similar power level with the person you TK'd.

thumb up

|King Joker|
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
What telekinetic edge, kek? Landing TK, still, doesn't make you on a similar power level with the person you TK'd. I'm not even arguing Ahsoka and Vader are on equal footing in the Force (though given their fight I see no evidence Vader was so much stronger in the Force than Ahsoka that he could ever use the Force in a domineering way) rather that she's close enough that she can stand with extremely powerful Force users and is actually powerful enough in her own right to bring her own telekinesis to bare.

Kenobi couldn't replicate Ahsoka's TK feat and he's repeatedly shown to be vulnerable to higher tier Force users like Maul and Dooku, who Ahsoka should be hovering around.

Originally posted by ares834
thumb up http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc0owle6yv1rt53b4o7_r1_500.gif

Syndicate
RotS Kenobi.

Col. Valerian
I'm not even arguing Ahsoka and Vader are on equal footing in the Force (though given their fight I see no evidence Vader was so much stronger in the Force than Ahsoka that he could ever use the Force in a domineering way) rather that she's close enough that she can stand with extremely powerful Force users and is actually powerful enough in her own right to bring her own telekinesis to bare.

Kenobi couldn't replicate Ahsoka's TK feat and he's repeatedly shown to be vulnerable to higher tier Force users like Maul and Dooku, who Ahsoka should be hovering around.

thumb up

Still, I'm not sure about the outcome of this fight.

QuakeBlood
Obi-wan in a really good fight.

Lord Stark

What TK edge? Both Kenobi and Ahsoka have landed TK against Vader excellent

ares834

Total Warrior
Obi Wan, but it's very close

|King Joker|

Emperordmb
thumb up

ares834

Dark-Kenshin
Obi-Wan high difficulty.

Throughout the duel, it was made very clear that Ahsoka (who did well by the way and has certainly cemented her status as being above Darth Maul) was Vader's inferior. People like to boast about the the force push around the beginning, but that's pretty standard as far as Rebels duels go. Honestly, the writer's appear to have a TK fetish, since that's the way almost every duel ends (the duelist fight for a bit and once one duelist has the upper hand, they randomly TK the other guy off a cliff or into a wall). Vader got pushed back, but he also got pushed back by Kanan and Ezra, so again, not really something to jump up and down about.

Another thing: Vader willfully turned his back on her. He didn't bother finishing her off when he very well could have. He lowered his guard, more interested in retrieving the holocron. Bottom line: The only reason she even managed to graze his helmet was because he didn't take her seriously. Had this been a duel without any outside interference, Vader would've finished her off early on.

I also suspect Vader held back throughout the entire duel, but this is purely speculation based on what I speculate to be the place the plot is headed, so I'll reserve this opinion to myself for now.

cs_zoltan
Ahsoka's TK didn't even floor Vader. She made the least possible effect on him as far as TK goes...

|King Joker|

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Ahsoka's TK didn't even floor Vader. She made the least possible effect on him as far as TK goes...
Doesn't matter. She can crush AT-ATs now.

|King Joker|
**** KMC's editing system. I don't even know where that 'erm' came from at the end of my post lol

Beniboybling
I don't think this is really relevant anyway. Vader's inability to telekinetically dominate Ahsoka combined with her overall parity with Darth Maul is enough proof she has a firm Force advantage over Kenobi.

Nephthys
There was no "inability". If he'd tried to and failed then you'd have an argument but just that because he didn't doesn't mean he couldn't. You're assuming without evidence.

|King Joker|
"Vader didn't dominate Ahsoka but he still can because I say so"

Nephthys
"Absence of proof is proof of absence"

JKBart
Originally posted by Beniboybling
I don't think this is really relevant anyway. Vader's inability to telekinetically dominate Ahsoka combined with her overall parity with Darth Maul is enough proof she has a firm Force advantage over Kenobi.

So...

Does Vader's inability to telekinetically dominate Ben Kenobi, combined with Ben's overall parity with Vader is enough of proof that...

Ben Kenobi has a firm advantage over Obi-Wan Kenobi?

MIND BLOWN

FreshestSlice
Ahsoka has two lightsabers anyway, and Obi-Wan does better against two lightsabers.
Originally posted by JKBart
So...

Does Vader's inability to telekinetically dominate Ben Kenobi, combined with Ben's overall parity with Vader is enough of proof that...

MIND BLOWN
Lel, but nah, Vader used TK during their duel. Wasn't Obi-Wan supposed to be under constant pressure?

Lord Stark

laughing Holy hell. No it isn't. Her fighting an aged and beaten down Maul who has been stranded on Malachor for lord knows how long by no means suggests a force advantage over Kenobi. Especially not when, if we're going with high end showings ROTS Kenobi has matched the TK of a bloodlusted Anakin.

So...

MIND BLOWN

http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/user142426_pic80952_1419028826_thumb.png

ares834

Beniboybling
Fuggin stupids, let me explain this clearly. smile

Vader has demonstated the ability to apply telekinesis in situ in his fights against Ezra/Kanan, Luke, Karbin and indeed Ahsoka.

Over the course of a one minute and forty second duel, which Vader had a firm advantage in, he would have had plenty of opportunities to decisively apply telekinesis.

Considering he is after the holocron first and foremost, and therefore wants to get Ahsoka out of the way as quickly as possible, he has motive to decisively apply telekinesis.

He has the ability, opportunity, and motive. Therefore if he has the power to apply telekinesis against Ahsoka why didn't he? He could have thrown her against the wall, tossed her off the pyramid, or simply disarmed her of her lightsabers. Only explanations as to why he didn't are 1. he couldn't 2. Ahsoka put to much pressure on him to be able, but he did use TK in the end, just not decisively, so we can rule that one out.Originally posted by JKBart
So...

MIND BLOWN Nah Kenobi was just too good a duelist to give him an opening.Originally posted by Lord Stark
laughing Holy hell. No it isn't. Her fighting an aged and beaten down Maul who has been stranded on Malachor for lord knows how long by no means suggests a force advantage over Kenobi. Especially not when, if we're going with high end showings ROTS Kenobi has matched the TK of a bloodlusted Anakin.Lmao. Aged and beaten down yet still trashing the Inquisitors?

And Anakin is stated to be emotionally unbalanced, evidently from his ineffective Force powers, we all know Kenobi doesn't have Anakin's raw power.

@Ares, Bariss didn't knock Anakin over. All she does it knock him against a pillar he'd practically got his back up against.

Nephthys
Vader did apply telekinesis against Ahsoka. Decisively.

ares834
@Ares, Bariss didn't knock Anakin over. All she does it knock him against a pillar he'd practically got his back up against.

I just watched it. He falls over onto that bench-thingy.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vader did apply telekinesis against Ahsoka. Decisively. Because of extenuating circumstances. ermOriginally posted by ares834
I just watched it. He falls over onto that bench-thingy. Yeah after she collided with him...

Also we should account for the fact that Vader weights 120 kilograms, the average person weighs like 70-80.

Syndicate
Beni, he never used TK against Kanan and he was playing with Ezra otherwise he would have simply forced the blade to decapitate him. With Luke he only threw objects at him on Bespin and he was likely testing him then. With Karbin he manipulates the surrounding environment. With Old Ben he doesn't even employ TK. Only in one of these situations does he directly TK someone ( Ezra ). Just because he didn't telekinetically dominate an opponent doesn't mean he is incapable of doing so especially with his track record of NOT doing so to opponents he could have. Also in our other debate you said that he was solely focused on defeating Ahsoka and now you're saying he was solely focused on retrieving the holocron? Make up your damn mind.

ares834
Yeah after she collided with him...

Nope. Re-watch the fight. She knocks him over with TK. He is getting up and then she knocks him over again when she collides with him.

catXn4QAclI

Beniboybling
erm What exactly is your definition of "knock over" lol.

ares834
When you are pushed backwards onto your back...

Beniboybling
He only fell onto his back because the pillar/chair was behind him...

Selenial
Irrelevant, she had an impact as much as Ahsoka did.

Hell, Anakin needed that fight over with to save Ahsoka's life, far more pressing of an issue I'd say. Still no force application until the end of the fight.

Anyone without a raging hard-on for Ahsoka starting to see a trend?

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Selenial

I've seen several...

Selenial
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
I've seen several...

Several raging hard-ons? confused

cs_zoltan
Several raging hard-ons? confused

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IZfCHT1bmJs/UutARnOXJpI/AAAAAAAABsQ/D5XxJIVQJCw/s1600/doc.gif

...TBH that too. Sadly.

Syndicate
thumb up

Beniboybling
Irrelevant, she had an impact as much as Ahsoka did.

Hell, Anakin needed that fight over with to save Ahsoka's life, far more pressing of an issue I'd say. Still no force application until the end of the fight. So being pushed against a pillar = blown back over at least a dozen meters.

Accounting for the fact that Vader is carrying an extra 40 kg or so. Right.

And Force grip is a forbidden dark side power, obviously something even Anakin would only use as a last resort, at which point he is visibly pissed. On the other hand Vader is a Sith Lord who takes no prisoners. If anything it proves after a while he's the kind to get fed up and start ragdolling.

Oh and a better comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpLiiD1Gsjk&t=2m36sAnyone who isn't hard for Ahsoka at this point is sexually impotent, and to be pitied. smile

JKBart
Hate to interrupt, but...

Force Grip doesn't have anything forbidden about it. It's just catching someone with the Force, restraining the body, as the name says - holding it in a grip.

Force Choke is obviously darksided since it inflicts pain and slowly kills the target. Let's not say restraining someone with the Force is darksided - otherwise TK as a whole should be darksided.

Syndicate
ur mums darksided.

JKBart
i have two dads so u failed af

Syndicate
;-;

Beniboybling
Nah according to the Jedi Path, Force grip as a whole is a forbidden Force power:

This refinement of telekinesis works as an invisible extension of the hand, allowing Force-users to hoist enemies into the air or close off the air from their tracheas. It is truly a brutal and cruel application of the Force.

And ironically enough, Anakin makes the same excuse as you in the annotations.

What's obvious though is Anakin's application of it against Offee was brutal and done out of anger.

Selenial
So being pushed against a pillar = blown back over at least a dozen meters.

Accounting for the fact that Vader is carrying an extra 40 kg or so. Right.

And Force grip is a forbidden dark side power, obviously something even Anakin would only use as a last resort, at which point he is visibly pissed. On the other hand Vader is a Sith Lord who takes no prisoners. If anything it proves after a while he's the kind to get fed up and start ragdolling.

Oh and a better comparison: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpLiiD1Gsjk&t=2m36sAnyone who isn't hard for Ahsoka at this point is sexually impotent, and to be pitied. smile

Since it had the force to knock him on his back instead of just stopping him, it's evident she was going to knock him back as far.

I'm also creasing with laughter at your idea that the impressive part of Force Pushing Darth Vader is that he's heavy laughing out loud

Oh and yeh, Force Grip isn't a Dark Side power erm
The quote refers to Choke quite specifically. Hell, ****ing Yoda used Grip on Ventress in the second epsiode of the show... Yoda secret Sith Lord confirmed.

Beniboybling
Since it had the force to knock him on his back instead of just stopping him, it's evident she was going to knock him back as far.No, that would be conjecture. You have no means of telling how far he would have gone.

Certainly not as far as Anakin or Ventress were able to shove each other.I said it was important to account for, not that it was the most impressive. ermNo it doesn't, read it again.

And for the record, its labelled "Force grip" in the book.Yoda used Force grip on her lightsabers, not Ventress herself. Lmao.

Selenial
No, that would be conjecture. You have no means of telling how far he would have gone.

Certainly not as far as Anakin or Ventress were able to shove each other.I said it was important to account for, not that it was the most impressive. ermNo it doesn't, read it again.

And for the record, its labelled "Force grip" in the book.Yoda used Force grip on her lightsabers, not Ventress herself. Lmao.

No it's not, it's simple physics erm

It's not important to account even slightly, the force barriers are far more important. The difference in mass doesn't separate out the feats at all in the grand scheme of things.

Even if we take that as true, despite how often we've seen Jedi use it in some form, it doesn't matter. The fact Anakin disagrees with it, and is perfectly happy to use it in front of dozens of Jedi shows that he'll hardly only use it as a last resort. Bear in mind here that he force choked Ventress one epsiode earlier quite happily, and Pogul the Lesser before that, when he needed information from them.

Besides, how on earth does that even count as a situation you'd refer to as a "last resort" when Barriss was surrounded by temple guard?

And no, he used it on her. She was unable to move, and he flung her sideways afterwards, which is an application of grip.

Beniboybling
No it's not, it's simple physics ermEnlighten me. smileIt is. Granted Vader's weight wouldn't have made it particularly more difficult for Ahsoka to push him, but his weight would have added traction and made it easier for him to slow his momentumIt is true, quite clearly stated in the Jedi Path.

But granted, Anakin clearly has no qualms in using this power. However, considering he went out of his way to conceal his use of it against Poggle, and considering he was visibly enraged towards the end of the fight, I'm inclined to say he attacked impulsively out of anger, without thought for the public stage. The only instances of him actually using it being when angry.

The visual parallels with Luke's rage stomp of Vader reinforcing this.

And it was a "last resort" in the respect that his attempts to pacify her were proving ineffective, so he resorted to more aggressive tactics.Because he fixed her lightsabers in place, and what can simply be interpreted as a push is hardly brutal or cruel in the slightest.

TheNuisanceBird

Her fanboys/girls are everywhere.

Lord Stark
All the Ahsoka fans trying to paint her at Dooku level but no one else is biting http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/user142426_pic80952_1419028826_thumb.png

Nephthys
The 5th Brother arguably gave Ahsoka a better fight than she gave Vader. Kek.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Lord Stark
All the Ahsoka fans trying to paint her at Dooku level but no one else is biting http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/user142426_pic80952_1419028826_thumb.png

I know right. I've seen someone on YouTube say that she'd "wreck" Galen Marek. They said she had more experience lol

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
I know right. I've seen someone on YouTube say that she'd "wreck" Galen Marek. They said she had more experience lol

Yeah her abilities have been somewhat inconsistent.

JKBart
why are u talking to urself

Selenial
why are u talking to urself

thumb up

Syndicate
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird

-___- Link me.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by Syndicate
-___- Link me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx0QhWDgmj8

I had to get in it lol

Selenial
I'm honestly more disgusted by him taking pictures of his screen, than I am by the idea that Galen Marek could lose to Ahsoka Tano.

Sinious
Galen already used his oneness card tho. Ahsoka wins via oneness.

TheNuisanceBird
I'm honestly more disgusted by him taking pictures of his screen, than I am by the idea that Galen Marek could lose to Ahsoka Tano.

At least he's able to stave off YouTube and fight off her fanboys.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.