Team Marvel (Netflix) vs. Team Watchmen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Daredevil
Elektra
Punisher
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones

Vs

Ozymandis
Rorsharch
Comedian
Nite Owl II
Silk Spectre II

Standard gear & weapons

Who wins?

Arachnid1
Watchmen beat them senseless

carthage
Matt could probably solo Rorschach and Nite Owl, Ele beat Stick, fought off Multiple hand ninjas, among other feats so she's better than anyone in team 2 barring Ozymandias. None of them can hurt Luke and Jessica has greater physical feats than anyone, Ozymandias isn't beating any combination of the two faster than Rorschsch and Nite Owl go down

Team Marvel wins, they've all got better feats than beating prison thugs and losing to cops

FrothByte
Standard gear? Punisher snipes half of Watchmen team and the ones left won't be able to handle DD, Elektra and especially Luke Cage. Jessica Jones dies right off the bat.

KingD19
Nah. In a fight against people who matter, Jessica's durability is at it's normal levels. She took an extended beating from Luke. So even Ozy would have trouble putting her down.

Inhuman
Team Netflix

tkitna
Marvel

Silent Master
Punisher = bang, you dead.

Time-Immemorial
Not really, Ozy would destroy punisher.

Silent Master
Too bad the OP didn't state that Ozy starts the fight 2 feet from Punisher.

Time-Immemorial
And thats matters because?

Silent Master
Because without Ozy starting right next to Punisher, Frank will have plenty of time to pull a gun and start killing all the Watchmen.

IOW Bang, you dead.

Time-Immemorial
Not really. Ozy is a bullet dodger and catcher. He would use the team as cover while he speedblitzed Punisher and snapped his neck.

Silent Master
Ozy only managed to dodge a .38 special and that was with plenty of time to anticipate when and where the shot would happen. Punisher uses weapons that have a much higher muzzle velocity. and even if he does manage to dodge, the rest of the Watchmen will be dead and thus it's Ozy vs the entire Marvel team.

IOW Bang, you dead.

Time-Immemorial
Dodging a bullet is dodging a bullet. He also can catch them at point blank range. The watchmen are not afraid of guns. Hawk has a ray guy that is >punisher guns.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Watchmen beat them senseless Wouldn't they literally break their fists if they punched Luke Cage?

Silent Master
Catching the bullet took him out of the fight for a long time. fact is Punisher kills multiple members of the Watchmen thus making this a spite thread.

Time-Immemorial
It didn't take him out of the fight, are you kidding, he got right back up after he showed them he played them for a fool with releasing the bullet from his hand.

Silent Master
He was down long enough for the Punisher to shoot him dozens of times.

Bang, you dead.

Time-Immemorial
He went down because he wanted to play them for a fool! He didn't go down cause he was hurtlaughing out loud

He outsmarted DM, pretty sure he can handle a street leveler with guns.

Silent Master
Not in the middle of a team fight he can't, especially since the person in question uses guns with much higher muzzle velocities and will shoot more than once.

Bang, you dead.

Time-Immemorial
Oh and what is punishers weapon he gets in the fight?

Time-Immemorial
Thats what I thoughtthumb up

KingD19
Standard gear for Frank is usually enough hardware to be considered an army.

At the least he has a few pistols. Ozy's fast, but he dodged a single bullet. He's not dodging a full clip being emptied in his direction.

Time-Immemorial
No he dodged way more then one single bullet. Lets try not to lie to much. This is common among biased marvel fans.

TheVaultDweller
Cage soaks up enough of Ozy's blows for Frank to shoot the rest of team Watchmen dead. His shooting/accuracy feats >>> anyone on Watchmen. Once the rest are dead, Team Netflix just gangs up on Ozy.

And no, dodging a bullet is not dodging a bullet. Dodging a subsonic round is going to be a hell of a lot easier than dodging something supersonic.

Time-Immemorial
Who said the rounds he caught and dodged were subsonic. I would like proof on that.

TheVaultDweller
Silk Spectre takes a Smith & Wesson Model 10 off the cop during the prison fight, and is the gun she uses on Ozy. Simple research will tell you that the muzzle velocity of the ammo in that gun is at best about 300m/s. Speed of sound 340m/s. So the bullet was subsonic.

The other was a Smith & Wesson Model 586, if you insist on dragging the hit Ozy set on himself into this. But watching that clip you can see that all except one bullet wasn't going to finding its mark even if Ozy had been standing still, and given that Ozy literally hired the guy himself, that whole showing is questionable.

And even if we include that, the rounds the 586 takes do not have the same velocity as the high powered rifles etc. Frank normally uses. Nor has Ozy handled gunfire from a guy who was a an elite scout sniper.

KingD19
The era of firearm shot at him are clocked at subsonic. Far below the speed of modern firearms.

And he caught one shot(after Spectre pointed the gun at him for 30 seconds and telegraphed her trigger pull)

Dodged the other(with the assassin he hired and set up the plan with).

Dodging a bullet in two different scenarios with a lot of help from the shooter doesn't make you a bullet timer.

Time-Immemorial
Ok so you have a theory, but not actual solid proof they were subsonic. Lets say for argument they were. A subsonic bullet kills people the exact same as a sonic..I have made and fired these bullets in real life.

Find me anyone else besides Superman/Flash/QS or any high level meta catching bullets.

Subsonic bullets are still lethal and they still cannot be caught by street levelers

TheVaultDweller
Not the point. You claimed a bullet was a bullet. We have just proven, based on all available evidence, that the bullets Ozy handled are slower than what Frank packs. That is the only relevant thing here, not how many other people not in this match can also catch a bullet. The question is not about who else can catch the same bullet Ozy did. It's whether Ozy can handle bullets that are coming at him much faster, from a guy who is actually an expert marksman.

Time-Immemorial
This fight isn't Punisher vs Ozy, its a team Battle and Hawk has a superior weapon then Punshier.

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Not the point. You claimed a bullet was a bullet. We have just proven, based on all available evidence, that the bullets Ozy handled are slower than what Frank packs. That is the only relevant thing here, not how many other people not in this match can also catch a bullet. The question is not about who else can catch the same bullet Ozy did. It's whether Ozy can handle bullets that are coming at him much faster, from a guy who is actually an expert marksman.

He doesn't understand how guns work.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Silent Master
He doesn't understand how guns work.

laughing out loud

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
This fight isn't Punisher vs Ozy, its a team Battle and Hawk has a superior weapon then Punshier.

Who on earth is Hawk? And absolutely no one in Watchmen has better actual marksman/accuracy feats than Frank. Frank has sniped ninjas flipping about. Just because you give me a fancier gun doesn't mean I can outshoot a trained marksman.

Time-Immemorial
Nite owllaughing out loud

My bad

G3CYN7_Aa7E

Ozy is shit stomping these people who are no jokes on the street.

Inhuman
Standard gear Punisher murders them all. Yeah Ozy caught that anticipated small handgun bullet. Doesnt mean his movements are all bullet time movements.
He looked pretty slow fighting.
Lets say he catches the first bullet. He would get filled with holes after that. Im giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would be able to catch a more powerful faster bullet (I dont think he can , but lets move on). So he catches the first bullet then he gets killed by all the other bullets coming at him. He wont have bullet timing movements after the first catch.

Anywho...

Lets say this is a H2H fight.

The netflix team will do quick work of the watchmen besides Ozy. I mean fairly easy at that.
Then its all of them vs Ozy. Then they stomp Ozy.

Time-Immemorial
OK hold up, what Punisher are we going off of? The one with John Travlota as the bad guy? IF there was another film or cartoon, then I cant base feats.

TheVaultDweller
Problem with Nite Owl is that while he has a cool weapon, we never see him use it other than destroying a poor innocent chair. Mind you, that chair looked extremely uncomfortable, so it was probably for the best.

And Ozy isn't the issue here. Hell, Ozy is easily the biggest threat on team Watchmen here. Easily. But the rest of the people on his team don't have the feats to stack up against team Netflix at this point. So it is more a case of Ozy being hampered by inferior teammates than anything else IMO.

Time-Immemorial
What Punisher are we basing feats off, I need to know..Im only basing feats off the first single movie. If there was another movie, I didn't see it.

TheVaultDweller
It's Netflix Punisher. The one who can hold his own against Daredevil, beat up on Fisk despite having his hands and feet chained, brutally take out groups of thugs and convicts, and can take being tranq'd, tazered multiple times, beaten, tortured, shot, and still keep fighting. Netflix Frank refused to die despite being shot in the head, and flatlining briefly.

Time-Immemorial
Ah well this makes sense now. I can't base feats, I didn't even know this series existed.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
It's Netflix Punisher. The one who can hold his own against Daredevil, beat up on Fisk despite having his hands and feet chained, brutally take out groups of thugs and convicts, and can take being tranq'd, tazered multiple times, beaten, tortured, shot, and still keep fighting. Netflix Frank refused to die despite being shot in the head, and flatlining briefly.

I really dont think TI has even watched DD. Let alone Season 2.

edit:

Ah well this makes sense now. I can't base feats, I didn't even know this series existed.

laughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Inhuman
I really dont think TI has even watched DD. Let alone Season 2.

I dont think you have a father, but hey its ok, bastardthumb up

TheVaultDweller

Ah, that explains it. You should pick up season 2 of Daredevil (came out 18th of last month on Netflix), if only to see what an absolute maniac Frank is. laughing

Time-Immemorial
Punisher is in the new season of DD?

Inhuman
I dont think you have a father, but hey its ok, bastardthumb up

http://i.imgur.com/MDgAKBa.jpg

Time-Immemorial
http://i.imgur.com/diIdKdh.gifp

TheVaultDweller
Punisher is in the new season of DD?

Yup, the MCU finally has its own canonical version of Frank Castle. And he is pretty badass. And Daredevil is also a lot better in season 2. Season 1 was basically Matt trying to find his feet, figuring things out, and really just getting started etc. Season 2 has a properly polished and geared up Daredevil, with his full suit, billy clubs etc. who is actually ready to take on the role of Superhero, instead of kind of winging it in a black pajamas.

Time-Immemorial
I know what Im doing all day tomorrow.

TheVaultDweller
I know what Im doing all day tomorrow.

Well, I think, after watching, you will see what we mean here. The Netflix team is too stacked overall, with Ozy's teammates being the weak links in this fight, mostly due to lack of comparable feats. So Ozy is fighting a massive uphill battle in order to compensate for the other guys, one I have a really hard time seeing him winning.

Time-Immemorial
What series is Luke Cage in?

TheVaultDweller
He is in Jessica Jones. His strength wasn't that impressive compared to his comic counterpart (though he could still match strength with someone who can casually lift the back of a car), but his durability was pretty decent. It took a point blank shotgun blast to the chin to actually KO him, and in the short teaser for his own series, we see small arms fire pretty much bounce harmlessly off him.

Inhuman
What series is Luke Cage in?

There are 3 shows so far.

Netflix exclusive: Daredevil season 1, Jessica Jones season 1 and Daredevil season 2.

all are good.

Time-Immemorial
And a Punisher Series?

Inhuman
And a Punisher Series?

All the characters we are talking about appear on those 3 shows. Punisher is DD s.2

TheVaultDweller
There are talks of a Punisher solo series, given how well he was received on DD, but I don't recall it being confirmed yet.

Silent Master
Standard gear Punisher murders them all. Yeah Ozy caught that anticipated small handgun bullet. Doesnt mean his movements are all bullet time movements.
He looked pretty slow fighting.
Lets say he catches the first bullet. He would get filled with holes after that. Im giving him the benefit of the doubt that he would be able to catch a more powerful faster bullet (I dont think he can , but lets move on). So he catches the first bullet then he gets killed by all the other bullets coming at him. He wont have bullet timing movements after the first catch.

Anywho...

Lets say this is a H2H fight.

The netflix team will do quick work of the watchmen besides Ozy. I mean fairly easy at that.
Then its all of them vs Ozy. Then they stomp Ozy.

None of that matters, because he loves Ozy.

relentless1
Originally posted by Silent Master
Catching the bullet took him out of the fight for a long time. fact is Punisher kills multiple members of the Watchmen thus making this a spite thread.

watch the movie again, its clear that Veldt was playing possum

Silent Master
What is clear was that he was on the ground long enough for Frank to put a few dozen bullets in his head.

relentless1
http://i.imgur.com/diIdKdh.gifp

laughing out loud laughing eek!

Inhuman
Originally posted by relentless1
laughing out loud laughing eek!

Funny thing is that he stole that gif. from me. He has stolen a few gifs from me actually that he has saved in his profile.
Guess originality isn't one of his strengths erm

Silent Master
Glad you admit that he was on the ground long enough for Frank to kill him.

TheVaultDweller
Either way, none of the other Watchmen have any kind of bullet catching feats, so they all get shot dead pretty quickly, leaving Ozy heavily outnumbered.

And as others have pointed out, even if he can catch one, he is not catching a full clip. He's fast, but he's not Flash or Zoom.

Time-Immemorial
Funny thing is that he stole that gif. from me. He has stolen a few gifs from me actually that he has saved in his profile.
Guess originality isn't one of his strengths erm

You stole it from me dude, hence it on my profile, you freaken stalker.

Inhuman
You stole it from me dude, hence it on my profile, you freaken stalker.

Holy shit , so your resorting to this now? laughing out loud The classic "No U" to cover up your BS lying. I can prove you are lying fairly easy too. But whatevs.

Time-Immemorial
Holy shit , so your resorting to this now? lol. The classic "No U" to cover up your BS. Also lying. I can prove you are lying fairly east too. But whatevs.

YWdD206eSv0

Inhuman
lol indeed

0mega Spawn
Night owl has a laser device capable of slicing clean through a chair sooo....

Silent Master
So Watchmen lose.

Time-Immemorial
Ozy can catch bullets with his teeth from what you said SM.

Silent Master
I never said that.

Time-Immemorial
You said something about it somewhere.

Silent Master
I have never said that Ozy could catch a bullet with his teeth.

0mega Spawn
Im reading through the posts and seeing how people apply facts and science about the weapon used to shoot ozy in watchmen. That's awesome... but i also notice a lack of facts and science explaining how fast ones hands and eyes would have to be in order to see and catch even a subsonic bullet from 9 feet away after it's been fired...

Wouldn't i be able to argue H2H fighting him would be pointless considering he perceives you in slow motion?

Silent Master
We've seen Ozy fight, his fighting speed isn't all that special.

Time-Immemorial
Besides the fact no one can land a hit on himlaughing out loud

Silent Master
The Watchmen weren't all that fast either.

Time-Immemorial
Neither were the bullets apparently.

Silent Master
Yes, she used a gun with a low muzzle velocity.

Time-Immemorial
The guns were slow, the watchmen were slow, why do you hate this movie?

Silent Master
So telling the truth means I hate the movie?

0mega Spawn
The guns were slow, the watchmen were slow, why do you hate this movie?
How have you not blocked that clown? laughing

Adam Grimes
Team Netflix wins solidly.

0mega Spawn
Where are they even fighting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.