Batfleck vs. Depowered Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
No armor. No gadgets. Pure h2h fight. Who wins?

relentless1
Thor was a tough guy as a human, his durability beats Batmans but I think Bruce is a better fighter, going with Batman on this one.

Time-Immemorial
Batman no question.

TheVaultDweller
Thor cleared those SHIELD agents unarmed and unarmoured, unlike Bats in the warehouse scene. Batman's out-of-suit durability is an unknown quantity, so difficult to actually tell how well he'd take Thor's blows. In contrast, we know Thor is sturdy enough that getting hit by a van doesn't even KO him. Leaning towards Thor here right now, but it might change once we get a better idea of Bruce's natural durability level.

carver9
Thor might hold back sensing that Bruce is a hero and lose the fight.

Inhuman
Originally posted by carver9
Thor might hold back sensing that Bruce is a hero and lose the fight.

What about if Thor senses that Batfleck is a cold blooded murderer? per: BvS

Psychotron
Thor's anus gets perforated either way.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Inhuman

laughing

Probably high fives him, considering the sheer number of humans, aliens and other creatures Thor has undoubtedly killed during his long life. How many Frost Giants does he kill in his opening fight of Thor 1 alone, smashing them to bits? Also, he was smacking human soldiers with an enormous metal beam during the opening fight of AoU (nevermind all the ones he hit with Mjolnir), likely killing a large number of them.

But then, the Avengers have never pretended not to be killers when they need to. The initial team consisted of a super soldier and WW2 veteran, 2 assassins, a rich a**hole in super armour who showed no issues murdering people in IM1, an Asgardian War God and a raging green monster.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
laughing

Probably high fives him, considering the sheer number of humans, aliens and other creatures Thor has undoubtedly killed during his long life. How many Frost Giants does he kill in his opening fight of Thor 1 alone, smashing them to bits? Also, he was smacking human soldiers with an enormous metal beam during the opening fight of AoU (nevermind all the ones he hit with Mjolnir), likely killing a large number of them.

But then, the Avengers have never pretended not to be killers when they need to. The initial team consisted of a super soldier and WW2 veteran, 2 assassins, a rich a**hole in super armour who showed no issues murdering people in IM1, an Asgardian War God and a raging green monster.

smile
Yeah none of the avengers have this no kill code like superman and batman. It's a big part of who they are. It's like taking away Ironmans armor. It's a big part of what makes him ironman.
The avengers try not to kill but they will if they have to.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah none of the avengers have this no kill code like superman and batman. It's a big part of who they are. It's like taking away Ironman armor. It's a big part of what makes him ironman.
The avenger try not to kill but they will if they have to.

Yeah. I know of a lot of diehard comic Batman fans who flat out refused to see the film when they found out this version kills. And some of the Superman fans I know were also kind of "WTF?" when he just plowed that Warlord through multiple walls, instead of just knocking the gun out of his hand, or even just heat visioning it and leaving the guy unharmed. He was clearly shown to be fast enough that smashing the guy through walls was not his only option.

But they did leave themselves a backdoor to rectify it somewhat IMO. Just say that Bruce changed his ways in memory of Superman's supposed death to honour him or some such nonsense (similar plot was used in Arrow), taking on a less lethal approach to his crime fighting. Better than leaving him a killer IMO. Because as things stand, there is no rational reason why the Joker is still alive, if Bats is even willing to gun people down.

Silent Master
How would that work, seeing as Superman is also a killer.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Silent Master
How would that work, seeing as Superman is also a killer.

Eh, because Clark's a hypocrite (he was criticizing Batman's way of doing things, despite his own history) and Bruce wants to show himself to be morally superior? laughing

No idea really. But as things stand, they've alienated a big part of the comic Batman fanbase with that move. And like I said, in this timeline Bats and the Joker have presumably had multiple encounters with each other by now, so if Batman is willing to kill, why is the psychotic murderer who seemingly killed Robin still around?

carver9

Batman is a hero, so Thor would hold back and get merked.

Psychotron
Like he held back against Iron Man and Captain America?

carver9
Originally posted by Psychotron
Like he held back against Iron Man and Captain America?

Isn't that the word here? He did hold back against Ironman, Cap, Hulk, Loki, and Ultron. It's natural for him to hold back since he's done it in 90% of his fights. Batman wrecks him.

CPT Space Bomb
Could go either way. We have no showings for an unarmored and unarmed batman. I suspect he would find depowered Thor a tough match.

Psychotron
Isn't that the word here? He did hold back against Ironman, Cap, Hulk, Loki, and Ultron. It's natural for him to hold back since he's done it in 90% of his fights. Batman wrecks him.

I really don't think he was holding back against Captain America. He pretty much tried to flatten him.

Time-Immemorial

He did not hold back against Cap, don't try this here, boy.

carver9
I really don't think he was holding back against Captain America. He pretty much tried to flatten him.

So the hit he gave against Cap is greater than the uppercut he hit Hulk with? Think real hard on that.

carver9
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
He did not hold back against Cap, don't try this here, boy.

Why didn't he hold back against Cap?

Time-Immemorial
Why didn't he hold back against Cap?

Ur kidding right? You mean when he tried to flat out kill him?

carver9

What makes you think he wasn't holding back though. Half of Thor strength with his hammer would kill Cap.

Time-Immemorial
Did you not know about his shield, or should I educate you?

carver9
Did you not know about his shield, or should I educate you?

How does that prove Thor wasn't holding back?

Time-Immemorial
Your dummy, you are the guy always saying that everyone says Thor is holding back and its BS. Now you claim it.

Laughable

Psychotron
So the hit he gave against Cap is greater than the uppercut he hit Hulk with? Think real hard on that.

Holding back implies Thor was trying not to hurt Captain America. That hit Steve blocked would have flattened him if he didn't have his shield. Also, the energy reflected was enough to send Thor flying back and nuke a part of the forest, so yes, that hit was definitely harder.

Time-Immemorial
What makes you think he wasn't holding back though. Half of Thor strength with his hammer would kill Cap.

So you think that hammer hit he hit Cap with was less strong the Thor's upper cut on hulklaughing out loud

Utter garbage.

carver9
Holding back implies Thor was trying not to hurt Captain America. That hit Steve blocked would have flattened him if he didn't have his shield. Also, the energy reflected was enough to send Thor flying back and nuke a part of the forest, so yes, that hit was definitely harder.

Lol...the energy came from Thor hammer hitting Cap vibranium shield releasing a shockwave. He did the same thing with a casual hammer hit when he knocked some humans down in Avengers 2. That doesn't mean he hit Cap shield harder since Hulk body isn't made out of Vibranium. When he was hitting the ice giants, no shockwave's were produced there. Are you implying he held back against them? What about against the Destroyer? No shockwave's produced there either. Was he holding back?

carver9
So you think that hammer hit he hit Cap with was less strong the Thor's upper cut on hulklaughing out loud

Utter garbage.

The point is going completely over your head.

Psychotron
Lol...the energy came from Thor hammer hitting Cap vibranium shield releasing a shockwave. He did the same thing with a casual hammer hit when he knocked some humans down in Avengers 2. That doesn't mean he hit Cap shield harder since Hulk body isn't made out of Vibranium. When he was hitting the ice giants, no shockwave's were produced there. Are you implying he held back against them? What about against the Destroyer? No shockwave's produced there either. Was he holding back?

The vibranium redirected Thor's energy back, an it was enough to send him and Iron Man dozens of feet back + wreck a portion of the forest. That's a lot of enery, more than enough to kill Captain America and more than one uppercut.

FrothByte
Drop it Carver. Let's get back to the match. Batman is not a family member or friend of Thor and Thor is depowered here so we can't use the "he was holding back coz he didn't want to hurt humans" line.

Utrigita
The impression I got from Thors fight with the shield agents was certainly not that he was holding back.

TheVaultDweller
Well, they got between the man and his hammer. And Thor really loves that hammer.

CPT Space Bomb
The vibranium redirected Thor's energy back, an it was enough to send him and Iron Man dozens of feet back + wreck a portion of the forest. That's a lot of enery, more than enough to kill Captain America and more than one uppercut. Yah, it was a bit stupid of Thor to hit Cap with that much force. Had it not been for the Shield he'd have been a pancake. But, it was just a stupid plot point that they needed to show the Thor + Shield mechanic. In other words, PIS.

carver9
The vibranium redirected Thor's energy back, an it was enough to send him and Iron Man dozens of feet back + wreck a portion of the forest. That's a lot of enery, more than enough to kill Captain America and more than one uppercut.

So I ask again, when he fought the Destroyer, did he hold back?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, it was a bit stupid of Thor to hit Cap with that much force. Had it not been for the Shield he'd have been a pancake. But, it was just a stupid plot point that they needed to show the Thor + Shield mechanic. In other words, PIS.

Maybe you can break this down barney style for carver so he can understand.

FrothByte

No he didn't. What's the point?

Khazra Reborn
The butt hurt in this thread is hilarious.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The butt hurt in this thread is hilarious. Isn't that the case in all vs threads though laughing out loud

Raisen
i like carv most of the time but sometimes i just want to pi$$ on his face for some reason. i can't explain it but even with an empty bladder i get an urge to pi$$ like a race horse when he posts.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Raisen
i like carv most of the time but sometimes i just want to pi$$ on his face for some reason. i can't explain it but even with an empty bladder i get an urge to pi$$ like a race horse when he posts. Your starting to be one of my favorite trolls thumb up

Utrigita
Well, they got between the man and his hammer. And Thor really loves that hammer.

Yeah the look on his face when cap nearly lifted it was like that of gollum discovering that the ring was gone.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Utrigita
Yeah the look on his face when cap nearly lifted it was like that of gollum discovering that the ring was gone.

laughing

I'd rather have Gollum come after me than Thor though. A friggin' hobbit provided Gollum with a proper tussle. Thor would have kicked Frodo and Sam in the face once each, and then taken anything he wanted.

Raisen
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Your starting to be one of my favorite trolls thumb up

that means a lot to me man. thanks. i try pretty damn hard too and it means the world to me that a top notch poster like yourself takes the time to see what a bottom feeding scum i am.

Psychotron

No. What the hell does that have to do with it?

Utrigita
laughing

I'd rather have Gollum come after me than Thor though. A friggin' hobbit provided Gollum with a proper tussle. Thor would have kicked Frodo and Sam in the face once each, and then taken anything he wanted.

thumb up and laugh while doing so.

Originally posted by Raisen
that means a lot to me man. thanks. i try pretty damn hard too and it means the world to me that a top notch poster like yourself takes the time to see what a bottom feeding scum i am.

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Bad+grandpa_91c7c2_4882991.gif

ShadowFyre
laughing

You are spot on, except those humans were enhanced centipede level humans or whatever from AOS I believe. Not that it matters, he still probably killed them as they werent even close to Cap or apparently Widows ( she one-shots everybody and can tank a Hulk hit so no surprise there) level but yeah. Killing is good.

ShadowFyre

Yeah, lets not go overboard on this holding back thing. Thor tried to hit....no, kill Captain America, let's not bullshit people. That was the single most powerful strike that Thor used in the entire Avengers movie, yeah, it wasn't him all out, but he knows Cap is a human, and that strike was way harder than anything he had just ussd on an Iron Man amped at 475% so I came to conclusion that the forest strike was the amount of force it would take to k.o./kill Iron Man.

It makes sense as Tony surprised Thor pretty badly with his power level, and we watch Thor slowly amp it up to beat but not severely injure him so he could possibly have thought Cap was that level as well being all dressed up and whatnot.

But there is no possible way that Thor could have been NOT trying to hurt Cap. I mean, c,mon. That was akin to like a major car bomb going off.

And Vibranium absorbs a certain amount of force and then reflects the rest away in MCU, that is how he was able to do the tank thing and why Iron Man heat sealed the Vibranium core of Sokovia, so that same force would be doubled back and redirected outwards to turn Sokovia into rubble and not town sized boulders.

If he had hit Hulk that hard Carver, the Helicarrier would have either been split in two or the whole thing just exploded. I'm in no way saying Hulk isnt stronger than Thor, or cant take that hit but he definitely hasnt been hit by an all out Thor yet. Ragnarok's coming though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.