Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) vs. Ben Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Round 1: Legends Ben

Round 2: Canon Ben

Force sabers all out

Duel takes place on neutral ground

Syndicate
Either way.

carthage
Ben gave a much better fight to Vader imo

|King Joker|
There's certain things you need to consider with Ben vs. Vader: Vader was clearly being far more cautious, and Ben, being a Soresu practitioner, would be a lot more comfortable on the defensive; by contrast, Ahsoka being a primarily offensive duelist would not. With that being said, Ahsoka's fight still lasted longer than Ben's and Ben was still being driven back just like Ahsoka.

Kenobi also doesn't have the same advantages as Vader did against Ahsoka, like his domineering strength, size, offensive capability with the Force, etc.

Ahsoka actually got good hits on Vader in the beginning (kick in the head, Force push) and was doing well against Vader in the second portion of the fight.

But yeah, I obviously think Ahsoka would win, especially if she can replicate the first portion of the fight with Vader against Kenobi, like incorporating physical strikes or using telekinesis to gain an early advantage.

Beniboybling
Joker is on the money. smile

Vader was actually intimidated by Kenobi because of his defeat on Mustafar.

Kenobi's stamina also begins to flag after around a minute of fighting, in general is noted to be aged and weak, and his offense is described as "easily" blocked and repelled, whereas as Joker notes, Ahsoka was initially all over Vader.

Given that I'm inclined to believe she has a notable physical/augmentative advantage. Kenobi's skills are also stated to have atrophied after being seventeen years out of practice, so at the very least I wouldn't give him an advantage in that regard.

It stands to reason that Kenobi's Force ability has atrophied as well, so with Ahsoka capable of KOing Inquisitors with her Force pushes, and if she is anywhere near Maul-level ability in the Force, I'd warrant she can exert a telekinetic edge here. Her opponent certainly won't be.

Altogether, I imagine Ahsoka will push Kenobi onto the defensive, keep him there, and once his stamina begins to wane she'll follow through.

SunRazer
@Beni - It's just too bad that Ahsoka doesn't have Vader's raw Force reserves or physical strength.

As for "It stands to reason that Kenobi's Force ability has atrophied as well":

Where is he? How could he vanish? What sort of trickery is this? He had assumed Obi-Wan's study of the Force had ended long ago, and that his powers had diminished over time. But Vader was wrong.

-- ANH Junior novelization

Ahsoka also doesn't share Vader's near-encyclopedic knowledge of Soresu which was gained from sparring with Obi-Wan thousands of times and fighting with him in an uncountable number of battles throughout the Clone Wars.

Also, do any Canon sources directly state that Ben Kenobi atrophied in skill?

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
@Beni - It's just too bad that Ahsoka doesn't have Vader's raw Force reserves or physical strength.Last time I checked, Kenobi doesn't either. Your point?Fair enough.OK, but what's your point?Aside from George Lucas himself?

SunRazer
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Last time I checked, Kenobi doesn't either. Your point?
OK, but what's your point?

My point is that Ahsoka isn't going to be able to do what Vader did to Obi-Wan. She doesn't share his advantages, just as Obi-Wan doesn't share Vader's against her. You can't bring up the latter while pretending the former doesn't exist.

I feel stupid for asking this (forgive my memory block), but where does he say this, exactly?

Beniboybling
My point is that Ahsoka isn't going to be able to do what Vader did to Obi-Wan. She doesn't share his advantages, just as Obi-Wan doesn't share Vader's against her. You can't bring up the latter while pretending the former doesn't exist.And I never said she could. embarrasment "We'd seen old men, young boys, and characters who were half-droid, but we'd never seen a Jedi in his prime. I wanted to do that with a fight that was faster and more dynamic - and we were able to pull that off."

SunRazer
That's what it seemed like.

And okay.

cs_zoltan
Vader is also only a half droid. Qui-Gon > Vader.

TheDarthBoy
These Ahsoka threads are getting crazier. Time to improvise >smile

MythLord
Should be round about on par, imo.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Ben in all.

Beniboybling
That's what it seemed like.My point was that, among other reasons, Ahsoka has better physicals considering her offense pressed Vader more than Kenobi's did.

Though I will point out that though Ahsoka lacks his strength, she does possess prolific speed and agility.

carthage
Obi Wan demolishes

|King Joker|
why are we using that ****ing retard as a benchmark at this point

Trocity
Ben.

darthbane77
Legends Ben falls. Canon Ben wins.

Geistalt
Originally posted by darthbane77
Legends Ben falls. Canon Ben wins.

Then again, Ahsoka's showings were in the Sith Temple on Malachor...

Whereas Maul wasn't amped when he went up against Kenobi.

Trocity
Ben gave Maul the same treatment Sidious gave Fisto.

Ben takes it.

UCanShootMyNova
Ahsoka dies so hard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.