Doomsday vs GORT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
GORT sees Doomsday as a threat and fully engages him. They fight in Central Park. Who wins?

Time-Immemorial
Doomsday

quanchi112
GORT wins.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by quanchi112
GORT wins.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud ?

Time-Immemorial
How the guy can't even move?

quanchi112
How the guy can't even move? Doomsday is that bad.

Tattoos N Scars
Swarm of nanobugs. Could they eat Doomsday?

Time-Immemorial
No cause he can can just use his AOE to blast them all away.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Swarm of nanobugs. Could they eat Doomsday? Yes. Doomsday dies, easily.

Psychotron
Doomsday.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Psychotron
Doomsday. You are such a fanboy.

Psychotron
You are such a fanboy.

No, I hated BvS and I felt that Doomsday looked awful. But unlike you I am objective.

quanchi112
No, I hated BvS and I felt that Doomsday looked awful. But unlike you I am objective. Then how does he win ?

Psychotron
Then how does he win ?

By being more powerful.

quanchi112
By being more powerful. How does he win though ? Being more powerful doesn't mean you win anything on that logic alone if you can't even focus on the enemy. For ****s sake.

Utrigita
I have no doubt that Doomsday is able to survive the initial collision with GORT, but in the long run, I doubt he will survive the never ending barrage of those nano drones.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by Utrigita
I have no doubt that Doomsday is able to survive the initial collision with GORT, but in the long run, I doubt he will survive the never ending barrage of those nano drones.

Untrue, He can kill all the drones with his AOE..

Utrigita
Untrue, He can kill all the drones with his AOE..

I doubt that, they said in the movie, that the attacks they launched against it only served to make the cloud larger, and that it had such a size that it was heading everywhere. I don't recall Doomsday's AoE having such a size that it's close in being able to cover, what will eventually be the entire planet.

Time-Immemorial
I doubt that, they said in the movie, that the attacks they launched against it only served to make the cloud larger, and that it had such a size that it was heading everywhere. I don't recall Doomsday's AoE having such a size that it's close in being able to cover, what will eventually be the entire planet.

So Military Missiles > Doomsday attacks?

Untrue, his AOE cleared that entire island out and a large area of the city.

You just changed fight stips

"I don't recall Doomsday's AoE having such a size that it's close in being able to cover, what will eventually be the entire planet."

Thats not the fight, the drones are coming after him, not the entire earth.

Per "GORT sees Doomsday as a threat and fully engages him. They fight in Central Park. Who wins?"

So if they come after him in central park and are concentrated like that, he can one shot them all at once.

Psychotron
How does he win though ? Being more powerful doesn't mean you win anything on that logic alone if you can't even focus on the enemy. For ****s sake.

HV spam will take care of the nanites.

Utrigita
So Military Missiles > Doomsday attacks?

Untrue, his AOE cleared that entire island out and a large area of the city.

You just changed fight stips

"I don't recall Doomsday's AoE having such a size that it's close in being able to cover, what will eventually be the entire planet."

Thats not the fight, the drones are coming after him, not the entire earth.

Per "GORT sees Doomsday as a threat and fully engages him. They fight in Central Park. Who wins?"

So if they come after him in central park and are concentrated like that, he can one shot them all at once.

I didn't say that, I merely said that explosions didn't seem to have a positive effect, and only served to make it grow. And a explosion is exactly the way of attack that you yourself suggested Doomsday would open the battle with. Remind me did Doomsday unleash this AoE before or after the Nuclear strike?

And the Swarm covered more, much more.

I can't change what is said in the movie, that the cloud had such a size that it was heading everywhere at once, even if the cloud focus on Doomsday, it's size is just that massive that it'll be much larger then a city, if we take the movie at face value. So Doomsday might fully be able to clear out the City size swarm, but what does that help when another, and another and another will follow, each with the same size as the previous one? Which is also why I said, that Doomsday will survive the first assault from GORT, but I doubt he will in the long run.

Time-Immemorial
Gort once he atomizes into the drones, is vulnerable to doomsdays large AOE and heat vision, he actually loses harder then I originally thought now because of what you just said. All he has to do is keep spamming that AOE.

And also there really isn't proof that those things would do anything to him, he took a nuke which should of disintegrated him and it made him stronger. So if those nanties tried to bite him, he would just resist and his skin would get stronger to stop them.

Thats how his power set works.

Utrigita
Gort once he atomizes into the drones, is vulnerable to doomsdays large AOE and heat vision, he actually loses harder then I originally thought now because of what you just said. All he has to do is keep spamming that AOE.

And also there really isn't proof that those things would do anything to him, he took a nuke which should of disintegrated him and it made him stronger. So if those nanties tried to bite him, he would just resist and his skin would get stronger to stop them.

Thats how his power set works.

And he is more vulnerable as a nearly never ending swarm, then he was as a single being? And Doomsday did that when exactly in the movie? Kept spamming his AoE?

I agree, which is also why I said "doubt", because in the end I have no way to know for certain that those nanites will hurt him, I merely assume that their never ending barrage will damage him, but I ofc have no way of knowing I can only speculate. His powersets doesn't allow him to adapt to anything iirc. Just energy attacks, otherwise he would as a kryptonian (ish) have adapted to Kryptonite.

Time-Immemorial
Never ending?? It was not never ending dude go watch the movie. It was a large swarm that "could" sweep through the whole planet, not that it "was" sweeping through the whole planet at once during the movie. It started near New York and thats where it ended..

Your missing facts here.

Also Show proof that the nanites can destroy anything of doomsdays power level and powerset and durability, all we see them destroying is cars, trucks and oil factories which are <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Doomsday base durability.

Utrigita
Never ending?? It was not never ending dude go watch the movie. It was a large swarm that "could" sweep through the whole planet, not that it "was" sweeping through the whole planet at once during the movie. It started near New York and thats where it ended..

Your missing facts here.

Also Show proof that the nanites can destroy anything of doomsdays power level and powerset and durability, all we see them destroying is cars, trucks and oil factories which are <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Doomsday base durability.

When asked by the secretary of defense where the swarm was going, the soldier holding a satellit image replied "everywhere". What do you suppose everywhere encompasses? My take on that scene was that we see a part of the swarm moving to New York, the rest is moving well, everywhere, as stated. Which would make sense given that GORTs objective are to cleanse the planet of life.

I agree, which is why I also said "I merely assume that their never ending barrage will damage him" given that they can in seconds devour metal, I imagine them constantly hammering on him will damage him. But again I can't say for certain. You disagree? Fine by me, I'm in doubt myself, as stated numerous times.

ShadowFyre
Did it ever explain how swarm got that big? If they rebuild themselves then it will be never ending.

Both of you have viable tactics and though I don't agree with this no limits fallacy as it was pretty obvious Doomsday only evolves to certain things otherwise he would not have died, he doesent have to evolve anything but bone covering or harder skin and based off just the trailer and some fight clips I could make a good debate that Doomsdays durability>>>>>probably a good 90% harder/stronger than anything on the planet that Gort was eating.

They probably just end up sharing the planet, or DD gets buried. I dont think Gort can kill him. Maybe bfr if nanites can reach escape velocity??

Time-Immemorial
When asked by the secretary of defense where the swarm was going, the soldier holding a satellit image replied "everywhere". What do you suppose everywhere encompasses? My take on that scene was that we see a part of the swarm moving to New York, the rest is moving well, everywhere, as stated. Which would make sense given that GORTs objective are to cleanse the planet of life.

I agree, which is why I also said "I merely assume that their never ending barrage will damage him" given that they can in seconds devour metal, I imagine them constantly hammering on him will damage him. But again I can't say for certain. You disagree? Fine by me, I'm in doubt myself, as stated numerous times. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
interesting.. could be stalemate

quanchi112
HV spam will take care of the nanites. Examples ? Doomsday struggled with three beings but he suddenly just takes GORT out easily. You're an idiot.

Psychotron
Examples ? Doomsday struggled with three beings but he suddenly just takes GORT out easily. You're an idiot.

Lol what? You want examples of Doomsday's HV? Watch the movie.

quanchi112
Lol what? You want examples of Doomsday's HV? Watch the movie. It didn't even take out batman yet you claim they take out GORT. Lol. You making things up is kind of pathetic.

Psychotron
It didn't even take out batman yet you claim they take out GORT. Lol. You making things up is kind of pathetic.

It didn't take him out because it didn't hit him, troll.

quanchi112
It didn't take him out because it didn't hit him, troll. So he can't hit a human being with it but he will eradicate all of GORT. GTFO.

Psychotron
So he can't hit a human being with it but he will eradicate all of GORT. GTFO.

You're wrong as usual. Batman had to be saved from Doomsday's HV by Wonder Woman.

quanchi112
You're wrong as usual. Batman had to be saved from Doomsday's HV by Wonder Woman. So three beings were able to ward him off. Batman also dodged it as well. Acting like he spam takes care of GORT completely based off what ?

Psychotron
Based on logic. The swarm isn't exactly fast or agile.

quanchi112
Based on logic. The swarm isn't exactly fast or agile. It covers a wide area and show me the most powerful structure the hv took out. You need to prove your claims. It's so fanboyish and without merit it's laughable.

Psychotron
It covers a wide area and show me the most powerful structure the hv took out. You need to prove your claims. It's so fanboyish and without merit it's laughable.

Which is why it's perfect for an AoE attack spam.

It nuked half of Gotham's harbor. Now you show me the hardest attack the swarm tanked.

quanchi112
Which is why it's perfect for an AoE attack spam.

It nuked half of Gotham's harbor. Now you show me the hardest attack the swarm tanked. The Aoe attack didn't take out anyone though so again baseless claim. The characters he tried to hit were far bigger targets.

No, it didn't as the people opposing him all survived. It exploded it didn't eradicate the entire area.

Psychotron
The Aoe attack didn't take out anyone though so again baseless claim. The characters he tried to hit were far bigger targets.

No, it didn't as the people opposing him all survived. It exploded it didn't eradicate the entire area.

You dodged twice in one post.

One Big Mob
I haven't seen either movie, but I can say for a fact that Gort wins.

Psychotron
Then you'd be wrong.

quanchi112
You dodged twice in one post. Where ?

tkitna
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I haven't seen either movie, but I can say for a fact that Gort wins.

laughing

Psychotron
Where ?

In the part where you failed to answer how a massive swarm is going to dodge HV and how it's going to tank it.

quanchi112
In the part where you failed to answer how a massive swarm is going to dodge HV and how it's going to tank it. The swarm covered a greater area and we see the hv failed to take out WW or Batman. The hv didn't seem all that powerful either.

Psychotron
The swarm covered a greater area and we see the hv failed to take out WW or Batman. The hv didn't seem all that powerful either.

The Swarm being massive is why it's going to be easy for DD to hit it.

The HV didn't fail to kill Batman or WW, it never hit them. Again, you have no argument.

quanchi112
The Swarm being massive is why it's going to be easy for DD to hit it.

The HV didn't fail to kill Batman or WW, it never hit them. Again, you have no argument. It was huge enough to be able to decimate the entire planet yet you think the hv can damage it. Do you even recall the film and how durable this material was ?

It failed to hit batman. Who did the hv take out exactly ?

Psychotron
It was huge enough to be able to decimate the entire planet yet you think the hv can damage it. Do you even recall the film and how durable this material was ?

It failed to hit batman. Who did the hv take out exactly ?

Not at once. It was only a threat because it was absorbing ambient materials.

It "failed" because Wonder Woman saved his ass.

Time-Immemorial
Psyco you are forgetting his massive AOE attack. Which is much better suited for clearing a bunch of killer flies away.

Psychotron
No, I'm not. I just feel HV would do the job too.

quanchi112
Not at once. It was only a threat because it was absorbing ambient materials.

It "failed" because Wonder Woman saved his ass. So suddenly it can't ? Could anyone on planet earth stop this ?

What has the hv stopped ? WW blocked it iirc. Batman avoided it on his own as well. You have no examples of the hv killing anyone. laughing out loud

Psychotron
So suddenly it can't ? Could anyone on planet earth stop this ?

What has the hv stopped ? WW blocked it iirc. Batman avoided it on his own as well. You have no examples of the hv killing anyone. laughing out loud

Is GORT absorbing the planet or fighting DD?

I have an example of it nuking a large area which is enough here.

quanchi112
Is GORT absorbing the planet or fighting DD?

I have an example of it nuking a large area which is enough here. Do you remember how massive and quickly the swarm attacked ? For ****s sake you seem to be completely ignorant and are just throwing random worthless claims out there.

Psychotron
Do you remember how massive and quickly the swarm attacked ? For ****s sake you seem to be completely ignorant and are just throwing random worthless claims out there.

Doesn't matter how big it is, a few AoE bursts and it will be cut down to size, meanwhile the swarm can't hurt DD.

quanchi112
Doesn't matter how big it is, a few AoE bursts and it will be cut down to size, meanwhile the swarm can't hurt DD. A few bursts didn't destroy the immediate area. Prove it can destroy GORT. Prove it can hit GORT who moved far faster and can react far quicker than Batman who was fast enough to avoid the hv. Prove something you idiot. You have no idea how formidable GORT was.

Psychotron
A few bursts didn't destroy the immediate area. Prove it can destroy GORT. Prove it can hit GORT who moved far faster and can react far quicker than Batman who was fast enough to avoid the hv. Prove something you idiot. You have no idea how formidable GORT was.

DD's HV took out Gotham's harbor. Now post the Swarm's durability feat. I'll wait.

quanchi112
DD's HV took out Gotham's harbor. Now post the Swarm's durability feat. I'll wait. No, he didn't. Quit exaggerating. He couldn't take out batman who is far less deadly than a swarm which decimates entire stadiums in moments. He'd decimate Doomsday especially since WW severed him quite easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.