How did the Sith Empire not stomp?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
Swtor era
You had absolute beasts like darth malgus, marr, jadus, thanaton and vitiate (not much of a warrior but still)
Of course the protags of wrath and darth nox as well
Compared to the jedi who basically had satele and the protags

How did the sith not easily win?

Sinious
Vitiate probably didn't wanna win in the first place smile

JKBart
Because besides Jedi and Sith there were armies consisting of milions and high-tech and quality fleets.

Putin is bad and evil. Also communist.

Nephthys
Sith infighting hamstrung their efforts. A lot of their best warriors weren't even taken out by the Republic, while the remaining best were occupied with taking the first lot out in the first place. Nox and the Wrath (and the Champ and Cipher 9) didn't focus on the Republic, but on other concerns or on killing other Imperial leaders. Meanwhile all the champions of the Republic spent all their efforts shitting on the Empire.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Swtor era
You had absolute beasts like darth malgus, marr, jadus, thanaton and vitiate (not much of a warrior but still)

Because wars aren't won by duels? Just a thought.

hutchy1345
True but you would think that having obviously superior force wielders would make a big difference
But the good guys have to win I guess...

Nephthys
What obviously superior force users?

Malgus turned rogue, Jadus got taken out before the war broke out, Thanaton wasted resources on Nox and then got stomped, Baras did the same against the Wrath and Vowrawn, Vitiate went insane and tried to murder everyone before getting HoTstomped and Marr isn't better than the top Jedi fighters.

Meanwhile you have the Jedi going ham on the Empire virtually unopposed by their top dogs. The HoT and Thor shit on their trump cards and the Smuggler and Trooper do significant damage to them as well. The Sith lose half the Dark Council before the end of Act 3.

Darth Abonis
Its a crappy MMORPG that wants the good guys to of course, win

FreshestSlice
Except the Republic isn't the good guys and is basically a totalitarian dictatorship? I mean, I'm guessing of you have actually played the game.

Syndicate
Because a galaxy is actually enormous and even the efforts of those individuals for the entirety of their existence likely wouldn't make a large impact on the outcome of the war.

Nephthys
Not really true, the Battle for Corellia had a significant effect on the war. The Empire used so many resources capturing the planet then lost it all when the infighting and Jedi counterattack pushed them off it again.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Not really true, the Battle for Corellia had a significant effect on the war. The Empire used so many resources capturing the planet then lost it all when the infighting and Jedi counterattack pushed them off it again.

Battle of Corellia was devastating for the Empire. In the battle they lost 3 Dark Council members. And in the related events they also lost Baras and Thanaton. Not to mention, according to Malgus 10% of their entire Military power.

Syndicate
10% OF THEIR ENTIRE MILITARY?! FOR ONE PLANET IN A GALACTIC SCALE WAR?!

*SMH*

https://epikfails.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/resized_caesar-disapproves-meme-generator-gaius-julius-caesar-disapproves-c31e85.jpg?w=242

Zenwolf
Syndicate are you really surprised by that? I mean the Battle of Bothawui, the Sith Commanders battle plan was to just throw 50,000 of their troops against the paltry force of 4,000 Republic Troopers a Jedi Master and 7 dozen of the Order's best Jedi Knights. The Commanders then had to call for reinforcements.

.....I mean how stupid is that...50,000 getting destroyed enough to the point they had to call in reinforcements? Against a 4,000+ Republic Force?...Then after all that, the Imperial force was driven to retreat after all their loss, they gained literally nothing other than dead bodies.

If the Commanders had been smart, they wouldn't have just thrown their entire force directly at them, when they should have known better. But of course they didn't.

Syndicate
Tbh I'm not really surprised given how unrealistic Star Wars is. Like 1 million clone troopers vs quadrillions of droids? No matter how good clone troopers are they're not going to be able to stand against 1,000,000,000:1 ratio.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Battle of Corellia was devastating for the Empire. In the battle they lost 3 Dark Council members. And in the related events they also lost Baras and Thanaton. Not to mention, according to Malgus 10% of their entire Military power.

They also lost Tol Braga, The First Son which exposed the Emperor's Children across the galaxy and their greatest military mastermind, General Rakton. Plus Vitiate died soon afterwards/during. In terms of military defeats, it's honestly up there with the Battle of Endor.

FreshestSlice
It's not like they fight them all at once.

Syndicate
Don't tell me you're referring to the billion to 1 ration between clones and droids Freshest.

FreshestSlice
There isn't even a billion to one ratio, kek. And literally all the battles are orchestrated by Palpatine from both sides. It's not really that outlandish.

Syndicate
There is. Clone are pumped out by the millions whilst droids number in the quadrillions.

That's possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It doesn't matter that Palpatine's orchestrating the war, how is he supposed to hide from his subordinates like Dooku and Grievous that they have a billion to 1 advantage and that they could simply air drop droids on Republic worlds and defeat them by drowning them in metal parts.

FreshestSlice
Starts, that's a million to one advantage, since you can't do basic math, and you're ignoring many variables, such as superior clone intelligence, skill, etc, that make numbers irrelevant in a space age, galactic war.

No, what you just said is the single dumbest thing ever. Why would Palpatine hide shit from his subordinates, especially Dooku, you know besides the fact that he's going to kill him. That's legit retarded.

Selenial
Rumoured to be in the quadrillions. The seperatist war machines greatest weapon was their propaganda, half the republic thought they'd lost the war before the battle of Coruscant had even began...

Syndicate
1,000 x 1,000 = 1,000,000

1,000,000 x 1,000,000 = 1,000,000,000,0000.

That would mean its a million to a trillion which is incorrect. Since it stated QUADRILLIONS that would be 1,000,000 x 1,000,000,000 meaning a billlion to one advantage.

Before accusing others of not being able to do basic math check the result or if you're unable to do basic mental arithmetic get a calculator.

It doesn't matter. How the hell can you believe any of those things would matter when the enemy has literally 1 billion soldiers for every 1 clone soldier.

Freshest, think about the shit you're saying here. How the hell would the Confederacy not know the amount of droids they have when they're the ones that are producing them.

Jeezus Christ Freshest. You might be able to argue Star Wars and insult others but you're basic math and logical deduction skills are extremely lacking.

hutchy1345
Jedi probably count for millions of droids lol
And surely it was more than just a million clones produced lol

Syndicate
Jedi probably count for millions of droids lol
And surely it was more than just a million clones produced lol

You make me want to kill myself.

Even if that were the case that would only account for 10 trillion droids which wouldn't even be around 0.1% of the droids that make up the Confederate army if that quote is anywhere close to accurate.

Millions were produced but that's the thing. Million. It doesn't matter how we look at this it doesn't make logical sense that the Republic didn't fall within a few months due to how vastly they were outnumbered.

FreshestSlice
If it's one million to one quadrillion you'd have a point, but since you can't even prove they have quadrillions of droids, I'm guessing you can't do that.

Because they have weapons that can destroy planets and most of the battles are naval? Stop being retarded.

Okay, this is the part where you take a step back and just stop. Dooku will not act out of Sidious' decrees, and he knows Sidious is Palpatine. They set up battles together to ensure a long war to ease into the empire, both knowing how they'll go more often than not. Is this really that hard for you?

Syndicate
I'll be at school for the next 6 hours. Please. End the cancer.

Syndicate
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
If it's one million to one quadrillion you'd have a point, but since you can't even prove they have quadrillions of droids, I'm guessing you can't do that.

Because they have weapons that can destroy planets and most of the battles are naval? Stop being retarded.

Okay, this is the part where you take a step back and just stop. Dooku will not act out of Sidious' decrees, and he knows Sidious is Palpatine. They set up battles together to ensure a long war to ease into the empire, both knowing how they'll go more often than not. Is this really that hard for you?

Why would that quote exist if the droids didn't at the very least have 0.1% of the numbers they are rumored to have. Since you didn't know if the quote was completely accurate or not before you posted what you did you're still wrong.

They don't have weapons that can destroy planets. The Dark Reaper is the closest thing they come to in that regard. Also where does it state that the battles were mostly naval? Lol the irony of your statement.

Dooku is not the one leading the war effort. Grievous IS. He's not stupid and he doesn't know that the point of the war is to weaken the Republic. He thinks it's to actually destroy it and bring it under the control of the Confederacy. Apparently it's really that hard for you. Even if you want to say Grievous was in on it to which he obviously wasn't given his own monologue in LoE then why didn't the Federation leaders question how they were not winning the war when they had such a huge numbers advantage.

Syndicate
I have to go now. Please Freshest. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Zenwolf
Me thinks were veering slightly off topic.

By the by, does it strike anyone as odd that you never really see any ground vehicles in the various battles aside from a couple and along the random FP or Ops?

Even then most of the time you see just infantry, so are both sides just relying more on troops? I think that's a big blunder on their part. Sure they have Jedi and Sith, but just pointing out the fact ground vehicles can be very beneficial. Even then what you do see, is mostly just two legged walkers, you never really see any heavy machinery aside from I guess the Battle of Ilum.

That and air support, we hardly ever see any bombing runs or air cover by fighters or atmospheric vehicles.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Syndicate
Why would that quote exist if the droids didn't at the very least have 0.1% of the numbers they are rumored to have. Since you didn't know if the quote was completely accurate or not before you posted what you did you're still wrong.

Originally posted by Selenial
Rumoured to be in the quadrillions. The seperatist war machines greatest weapon was their propaganda, half the republic thought they'd lost the war before the battle of Coruscant had even began...

Fleets can destroy planets. They have since the Old Republic Era. This means they are capable of destroying planets. Just stop. I know you think you have some type of intellectual high ground here, and I find that mildly hilarious, but it's like one retarded comment after another from you, and to have the gall to act like what I'm saying doesn't make sense through it all.

Grievous is subservient to Dooku, so regardless of what he personally knows, he's going to fall in line with the actual leader of the Separatists Systems. Do you not know what a hierarchy is either? Grievous leading the war effort does not give him authority beyond leading the army within the parameters of Dooku. It's like arguing that since Nicholson is a general, he can nuke the world because we're able to.

hutchy1345
Who cares about the number of druids
They didn't win

Syndicate
Fleets can destroy planets. They have since the Old Republic Era. This means they are capable of destroying planets. Just stop. I know you think you have some type of intellectual high ground here, and I find that mildly hilarious, but it's like one retarded comment after another from you, and to have the gall to act like what I'm saying doesn't make sense through it all.

Grievous is subservient to Dooku, so regardless of what he personally knows, he's going to fall in line with the actual leader of the Separatists Systems. Do you not know what a hierarchy is either? Grievous leading the war effort does not give him authority beyond leading the army within the parameters of Dooku. It's like arguing that since Nicholson is a general, he can nuke the world because we're able to.

Nobody would have believed the rumor if it wasn;t at least plausible which is my point. They had to have been capable of producing at least a fraction of that amount of droids. I know there are other quotes stating the droid army numbered in the trillions.

Sure an entire fleet of ships constantly bombarding a planet could devastate it but they have no weapons capable of destroying a planet like you claimed.

Yes but he's not going to question it or at least be a little suspicious about why Dooku is telling him NOT to use their enormous numbers advantage more effectively? That makes absolutely no sense. Do you know what logic is? Simply because somebody leads an organization doesn't mean they can make any stupid ass decision they want without their underlings questioning it.

Q99
The huge droid number is silly on multiple grounds, not the least of which is.... the CIS fleet doesn't have huge numbers, so they can only move around so many droids at once. What good is a million to one if most *have* to be stuck on your factory world because you cannot move a million times what your enemy has? 10-20 times, maybe (since droids have lower requirements than people), but late war I'm pretty sure the Republic had a stronger fleet even.

Swtor era

Lesser Jedi working together better and winning more against lesser sith?

Strong Jedi we don't know about? Jedi Masters X and Y may have worked together and fended off Dark Council Members on multiple occasions, maybe even killing some weaker DC members too, before they may or may not have died offscreen.

The Jedi do seem pretty successful at setting up strike teams to take down more-powerful threats. They got the Dread Masters that way without Satele or the protags.

Col. Valerian
Nobody would have believed the rumor if it wasn;t at least plausible which is my point. They had to have been capable of producing at least a fraction of that amount of droids. I know there are other quotes stating the droid army numbered in the trillions.

Nobody had any idea of how many droids were there, really. For all we know, it could've been an intimidation technique. There was no actual way for the Republic to quantify the number of droids in the war.

But that's not the point. Who cares about actually destroying the planet. Devastating it ala Malak vs. Taris is good enough, and a single cruiser did it.

Sure, if we want to pretend Star Wars makes sense and most of the writers aren't stupid, he probably was suspicious. And he probably asked him about it. But even if he did, Dooku would just make up an excuse and that's it. Grievous wasn't going to question his order to the point of actually doing something about it.

Let's be honest here, though. The only reason there could be quadrillions of droids is because who ever implemented that quote into the SW universe just plain and simple screwed up. He/She stupidly did not take into account the numbers logistics and that's it.

FreshestSlice
Feel free to continue responding to Syndicate. I've reached my limit with him.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sith infighting hamstrung their efforts. A lot of their best warriors weren't even taken out by the Republic, while the remaining best were occupied with taking the first lot out in the first place. Nox and the Wrath (and the Champ and Cipher 9) didn't focus on the Republic, but on other concerns or on killing other Imperial leaders. Meanwhile all the champions of the Republic spent all their efforts shitting on the Empire.
This.

To be honest.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Nobody had any idea of how many droids were there, really. For all we know, it could've been an intimidation technique. There was no actual way for the Republic to quantify the number of droids in the war.

But that's not the point. Who cares about actually destroying the planet. Devastating it ala Malak vs. Taris is good enough, and a single cruiser did it.

Sure, if we want to pretend Star Wars makes sense and most of the writers aren't stupid, he probably was suspicious. And he probably asked him about it. But even if he did, Dooku would just make up an excuse and that's it. Grievous wasn't going to question his order to the point of actually doing something about it.

Let's be honest here, though. The only reason there could be quadrillions of droids is because who ever implemented that quote into the SW universe just plain and simple screwed up. He/She stupidly did not take into account the numbers logistics and that's it.

Given they knew approximately how many worlds were under CIS control they could set a maximum number by assuming every CIS world was a droid factory. Obviously that maximum wouldn't be the actual number but they could have probably gotten a pretty accurate figure using that information and logical deduction.

That's fine. I'm simply saying the CIS and Republic did not have weaponry capable of destroying a planet at the time.

I'm not pretending anything. In fact that's exactly what I'm pointing out. That Star Wars is stupid and doesn't make sense sometimes. Freshest was the one trying to defend it. Actually that number makes sense in regards to a galactic scale war while the Republics "millions" of clones doesn't really.

Col. Valerian
Given they knew approximately how many worlds were under CIS control they could set a maximum number by assuming every CIS world was a droid factory. Obviously that maximum wouldn't be the actual number but they could have probably gotten a pretty accurate figure using that information and logical deduction.

I'm not sure that's right. Why do you say there's a droid factory in every CIS controlled world? We never saw this, not during the movies and not during TCW. Actually, I get the impression that there were specific planets with droid factories only, such as Geonosis or Mustafar.

Oh, then ok.

Yeah, you're probably right. The more accurate number for a galactic scale war would be at least trillions. But they screwed up in the sense that they make it seem like 'quadrillions' = 10 shitloads of droids and 'omg it's too manye of them we're gonna lose', while in reality, it might be a high number, but not so much as they make it out to be for such a galaxy-wide conflict.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
I'm not sure that's right. Why do you say there's a droid factory in every CIS controlled world? We never saw this, not during the movies and not during TCW. Actually, I get the impression that there were specific planets with droid factories only, such as Geonosis or Mustafar.

Oh, then ok.

Yeah, you're probably right. The more accurate number for a galactic scale war would be at least trillions. But they screwed up in the sense that they make it seem like 'quadrillions' = 10 shitloads of droids and 'omg it's too manye of them we're gonna lose', while in reality, it might be a high number, but not so much as they make it out to be for such a galaxy-wide conflict.

Exactly. They could set a maximum number by assuming every world was but then narrow that world down to only industrial worlds under CIS control. The number they eventually come up with should be pretty accurate.

Yep.

Col. Valerian
Yeah.

Anyway... Going back on topic.

Basically in-fighting by power-hungry idiots ruined the Sith. Had this not happened, I'd actually lean towards them winning the war.

LegateOfShadows
On the droid numbers, I will point out that at some point the average person loses the ability to comprehend huge numbers and probably cant tell the difference between say quadrillions and trillions. Therefore it is possible that the strategists behind the war knew that the droid army was smaller, while the general public believed in a propaganda rumor, because they cant really comprehend the numbers anyway.

Aside from that the clone army even at its absolutely smallest estimate was stated as 3 million in Republic Commando and some other sources and has been highly contested ever since.

Also werent the "1 million units" that were ready in AotC later retconed to be battalions of around 100 men rather than individual soldiers?

Syndicate
I'm pretty sure the public wouldn't mix up trillions and quadrillions...

Also no idea on the clones.

FreshestSlice
I'm pretty sure the public wouldn't mix up trillions and quadrillions...
Yeah, I'm sure the layperson keeps tracks of numbers that it takes thousands upon tens of thousands of years to count to.

Syndicate
Yeah, I'm sure the layperson keeps tracks of numbers that it takes thousands upon tens of thousands of years to count to.

I do and everybody I know does as well...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.