Tulak Hord power?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
Really interested in this character as he looks absolute badass but where would you rank him in terms of force power?
As for dueling abilities, it's clear that he is a beast but again, where would u rank him, one of the greatest of all time? Or slightly lower?
And then as an overall combatant?

Syndicate
Vader level or just below in terms of force power.
High tier. Likely Anakin/Maul/Ventress level.
Highly impressive. Probably Dooku level.

FreshestSlice
Hype and literally nothing else.

Nephthys
One of the greatest of all time. Dude tore a capital ship out of the sky and massacred armies of Jedi. He's likely the greatest of all the Ancient Sith Lords in terms of combat.

Total Warrior
I have him between TPM and RotS Sidious. It's a bit too high maybe

hutchy1345
Originally posted by Nephthys
One of the greatest of all time. Dude tore a capital ship out of the sky and massacred armies of Jedi. He's likely the greatest of all the Ancient Sith Lords in terms of combat.
Gotta be up there with the greats then?

Fated Xtasy
I have Saesee above him, that is all I have to say.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why?

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Rofl.

Well, he's got a shitload of hype. Not sure about the rest, but I doubt he was weak.

Neph, who said that tearing a ship out of the sky thing? Was it Khem?

MythLord
Around Karness Muur level, at least.

Emperordmb
Yeah Hord absolutely shits on Tiin.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Hahaha, what the absolute ****?

Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Rofl.

Well, he's got a shitload of hype. Not sure about the rest, but I doubt he was weak.

Neph, who said that tearing a ship out of the sky thing? Was it Khem?

Yeah, it was about as big as the Endar Spire (he mentions it when you see the ship). So a good 300 meters.

FreshestSlice
Hypehypehypehyehypehypehypehype

Col. Valerian
If that's true and he did tear an Endar Spire sized ship out of the sky, he was unquestionably up there with some of the very good ones in the mythos in terms of raw power or at least magnificent TK use.

The massacred armies of Jedi quote, tho... Not sure what to make of that.

ares834
I have to admit I think Bioware did a great job with Tulak Hord (pretty much they only thing they did right). A mysterious, bad ass legend with a great design. Hopefully, he make to jump to Disney Canon somehow.

Nephthys
Khem tells you about a time when the Jedi had laid siege to a Sith stronghold and Hord went and broke the siege singlehandedly. Due to some iffy wording it's implied that the siege would have been a thousand strong (the battles of Yn and Chabosh had thousands of Jedi between them, a thousand Jedi took place in one battle indicating that in the siege there'd have to be at least a thousand more Jedi to make sense).

He also drained their strength with sorcery or something iirc.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why?

Because trololol.

No, in all Seriousness all he is, is hype. That's all.

Beniboybling
Khem Val admits that Nox is a worthy successor to him. So around that level if not lower.

And lel at people taking the claims of his biggest fanboy at face value.

FreshestSlice
Pretty much.

JKBart
Well, as a combatant, Tulak Hord is:
- Anakin Skywalker/Darth Nyriss level at best,
- Kit Fisto/Kira Carsen level in a worse scenario,
- Return Darth Malgus at worst.

So, yeah, the gap is pretty huge. It's honestly impossible to tell.

In terms of Force wielding? If we believe the Endar Spire feat is true (he truly ripped a ship of that size from the sky, even in maximum effort, with external aid, etc.), as a Force wielder he comes around Vader/Starkiller level.

AncientPower
Apparently Nox tier in the Force, army buster level as a combatant.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Khem Val admits that Nox is a worthy successor to him. So around that level if not lower.

More like fanmonster.

But yeah, that makes sense. If Khem Val thought Nox a worthy successor even when at first he mocked his power compared to Hord, it should work as a solid parallel.

ares834
Originally posted by JKBart
Well, as a combatant, Tulak Hord is:
- Anakin Skywalker/Darth Nyriss level at best,
- Kit Fisto/Kira Carsen level in a worse scenario,
- Return Darth Malgus at worst.

How do you reach any of these conclusions?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
By not actually believing them.

The Ellimist
Dude tore a capital ship out of the sky

What does this even mean? Does he overpower the engines of a capital ship and crash it? That would be pretty impressive. Does he just gradually guide a capital ship back to the ground? Gravity/orbital decay alone would've eventually done that...

What does this even mean? Raskta Lsu was also rumored to have slaughtered more Sith than the thought bomb did, .ie likely hundreds or thousands, which probably quantifies as "armies". But it's not like he took them all on while they surrounded him, so it's more of a stamina and consistency feat.

ares834
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
By not actually believing them.

Believing who? Khem Val and Kreia? If you don't believe them then how can you come to any conclusion on his power?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
By not believing his conclusions.

ares834
Ah...

S_W_LeGenD

So why are you taking the top statement seriously? wink

This is called hypocrisy, my friend. smile

ares834
thumb up

Tulak Hord > Valkorion

The Ellimist
Palpatine claims that Tulak's combat feats have never been matched.

brb Tulak > Son/Daughter/Abeloth when they fought confirmed.

ares834
You mean Malgus?

The Ellimist
^ oops.

Nephthys

That doesn't logically follow at all lol. Nox being a worthy successor doesn't suggest parity. Just that Nox isn't an embarrassment and that they somewhat live up to Hords name enough that they can be called his successor without contradiction.

Khem has no reason to lie. Its not like the TK feat comes up in conversation, he offers it entirely without prompting.

Originally posted by The Ellimist
What does this even mean? Does he overpower the engines of a capital ship and crash it? That would be pretty impressive. Does he just gradually guide a capital ship back to the ground? Gravity/orbital decay alone would've eventually done that...

How the heck would I know?

What does this even mean? Raskta Lsu was also rumored to have slaughtered more Sith than the thought bomb did, .ie likely hundreds or thousands, which probably quantifies as "armies". But it's not like he took them all on while they surrounded him, so it's more of a stamina and consistency feat.

I explained this already.

The Ellimist
Also Tulak Hord <= Kas'im according to Bane, and Kas'im struggles against a rancor while random no-name fodder lost tribe sith can one-shot nightsister-amped ones in FotJ: Backlash.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by hutchy1345
Really interested in this character as he looks absolute badass but where would you rank him in terms of force power?

Unfortunately there is simply no way to rank Hord with any kind of accuracy as we have no real info on him.

Okay he pulled a capital ship from the sky. Highly impressive but what are the details? Did he just pull it down on a whim? Did he have to meditate for several minutes to gather and focus his power? Did he use a ritual or amulets to boost his power? Was he completely exhausted and on the brink of collapse afterwards?

Context matters.

As for dueling abilities, it's clear that he is a beast but again, where would u rank him, one of the greatest of all time? Or slightly lower?

Again, this simply cannot be done. Okay he's stated to be a master duellist with numerous wins. Impressive, but again, what are the details? What Forms does he use? Even if he'd mastered them all he'd probably have had personal favourites. What tactics did he use? What was his typical conduct in battle? Was he adept at using the environment? Did he get tunnel vision like Malgus? Was he mainly improvisational or did he plan ahead and control the battlefield? Did he customise or hybridise the Forms or did he prefer textbook technique?

Yes he was a beast, but again, we don't know the context.

And then as an overall combatant?

See above.

Kas'im struggles against a rancor

Beg your pardon but he didn't really "struggle" with it. At no point was he really desperate or pressured. There was never any kind of "oh ****** I could die here" type moment. He took his time carving it up but I always saw that as him taking it easy in order to conserve his energy for the confrontation with Bane.

Rebel95
From what I've read on wookiepedia he seems pretty damn powerful.

That said, wookiepedia isn't always the most accurate source, but usually reliable.

The Ellimist
I was mostly kidding.

That being said, I sort of get the idea that lightsaber duelists simply got better over time. One could argue that progression in the Force was more of a trade-off, with techniques being invented but others being lost or deliberately destroyed from fear, paranoia, etc., but the Jedi Order lacked neither the incentive nor ability to thoroughly document and expand on lightsaber combat. Even as of TCW new things were still being invented, Anakin was making modifications to form IV to help fight battle droids (granted this is mixing Canon and Legends so I'm taking some liberties here...), Mace Windu was inventing vaapad, etc. And you don't even need constant combat to be able to improve thanks to training sabers and whatnot. I'd imagine pitting the likes of Tulak Hord against the top dogs of the PT would be akin to pitting the best chess players in the world from the 19th century against modern grandmasters; they would get eviscerated.

SunRazer
He's "probably" one of the top Ancient Sith Lords, but it'd be really nice if he actually got an appearance.

DarthAnt66
Agreed. thumb up I'd say, overall, he's equal to Marka Ragnos, who is obviously among the top ten Sith of all time.

S_W_LeGenD
Welcome back. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
smile

Respond to cosmic Spidey. I need something to occupy my time.

FreshestSlice
The fact that thread still exists and I wasn't banned for spite is the saddest thing ever.

DarthAnt66
Are you... criticizing the moderators?

That's not allowed.

FreshestSlice
What I meant to say is, while I may not personally agree with the reasoning, I am completely okay with the fine moderation's decisions.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Agreed. thumb up I'd say, overall, he's equal to Marka Ragnos, who is obviously among the top ten Sith of all time.

As if Marka Ragnos could stand up to the power of mr, imply Tenebrous.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.