How do you view versus battles?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Probably an odd question but if you'll read on hopefully you get a clearer picture of what I mean. When you look at the opponents in vs threads unless its specified who they face, who do you envision which opponent would pick their opponent and start dueling? If two teams of warriors from different eras (Jaina/Hero of Tython vs. Darth Vader/Darth Malgus) genuinely fought each other, who do you think would select who to battle or how do you think a fight would go down?

If you don't want to go into specifics, if you were to go into a combatants head what selection process do you see them going for or based off of the characters portrayed who or what type of opponent do you think they'd seek?

Syndicate
Honestly I never even thought about it.

|King Joker|
I think they'd pick the person who they're familiar with (like I think Jaina would be far more likely to engage Vader than Malgus, and similarly I find the HoT engaging Malgus to be much more likely than Jaina engaging him). If the combatants have no relations at all and are completely unfamiliar I think they'd sense who's the closest to their level in the Force and face them, or something along those lines.

Nephthys
Something like that. I also think that people who are inclined towards sabers would go for the most martial opponent and the Force guys would also pair up.

Beniboybling
Meh, I not inclined to believe its particularly realistic to assume anyone will "pick" anyone, they're not dance partners, they are enemies, and nobody is going to wait around for you to decide who to face.

Its more likely to be based primarily on positioning, openings etc. and I imagine who is fighting who would evolve over the course of the battle.

Col. Valerian
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I think they'd pick the person who they're familiar with (like I think Jaina would be far more likely to engage Vader than Malgus, and similarly I find the HoT engaging Malgus to be much more likely than Jaina engaging him). If the combatants have no relations at all and are completely unfamiliar I think they'd sense who's the closest to their level in the Force and face them, or something along those lines.

This, but I believe that with some Sith it might be different. I think some Sith might pick out the weakest opponent and dispose of him/her before focusing on the actual threat, especially if their partner is close to their level.

Sinious
To make it fair, I try to picture them already pumped up for battle and prepared mentally though not as in they learned they're gonna fight more than a few minutes ago (so there is no prep going on).

This allows me to picture them going all out, using whatever they have though I try to limn this by taking character as a factor too. Like recently, Ahsoka vs Malgus was brought up and Vader didn't abuse his powers as much as Malgus usually does and this allowed some people to think Malgus' advantage in the force would play a more crucial role in that fight especially with the lightning factor. I approve of this kind of thinking tbh.

It's also important to assess how haxx powers would come into play. Like, how far could Sidious go in an OP gauntlet by abusing his storms? It'll always be subjective at the end of the day.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Sinious
To make it fair, I try to picture them already pumped up for battle and prepared mentally though not as in they learned they're gonna fight more than a few minutes ago (so there is no prep going on).

This allows me to picture them going all out, using whatever they have though I try to limn this by taking character as a factor too. Like recently, Ahsoka vs Malgus was brought up and Vader didn't abuse his powers as much as Malgus usually does and this allowed some people to think Malgus' advantage in the force would play a more crucial role in that fight especially with the lightning factor. I approve of this kind of thinking tbh.

It's also important to assess how haxx powers would come into play. Like, how far could Sidious go in an OP gauntlet by abusing his storms? It'll always be subjective at the end of the day.

thumb up

TheNuisanceBird
People may tend to go with the more popular character.

An example is Vader VS Grievous in an all out.

I find that people just say Vader because he's Vader and can imagine him losing to Grievous although the Kaleesh cyborg is the very opponent Vader would have trouble against.

I may eventually do the matchup on my channel although it has to be an extremely prestigious video since I have an unpopular opinion on it.

Antoine Bandele has said the same for Vader VS Dooku which I'm assuming is Dooku > Vader. If this is the case I'm interested to see why as Vader has physicality for sure and should be equal if not greater in the Force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.