Old Master Maul + Ahsoka vs Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Could they team up and do it together?

Bonus Round: Add Kanan

The Ellimist
They shouldn't be able to, given that the new canon seems to put Vader above Dooku, and given that Dooku would have manhandled Anakin and Obi Wan together had Anakin not gotten unusually powerful (and RotS Anakin/Obi Wan >> Maul/Ahsoka). But Vader's performance against Ahsoka was not very impressive.

ares834
Dooku wouldn't have manhandled the duo. He barely beats Anakin 1v1 in pretty much every encounter they have in TCW.

Kurk
Originally posted by ares834
Dooku wouldn't have manhandled the duo. He barely beats Anakin 1v1 in pretty much every encounter they have in TCW.
Only when Sidious is watching

The Ellimist

He handles their simultaneously attacking him, and then kicks Anakin to the curb while grabbing Obi Wan in the Force and chucking him across the room. That Anakin ended up overpowering him doesn't matter to the case of Ahsoka/Maul. There's no reason why he couldn't do the same thing to Ahsoka/Maul and then dispatch the remaining combatant, so you'd expect the more powerful Vader to be able to do the same. But, you'd also expect Vader to own Ahsoka pretty handily.

ares834
And then Dooku gets owned. The simple fact is Dooku can't manhandle Anakin. He never could in TCW and he can't in RotS.

And why would I assume Vader could do it? Is it not possible that Ahsoka and Maul are above the Kenobi/Skywalker "dream" team who somehow always manage to fair worse than when on their own?

The Ellimist
And then Dooku gets owned.

Right, I acknowledged that. But the point is that Dooku >>> Ahsoka/Maul, because he could replicate his choke + kick move on them, and the remaining combatant could not pull an Anakin.

Isn't it established that Rebels Vader > Dooku? Maybe I'm mistaken on that one.

Maybe they underperform as a team, but it seems unlikely they'd perform worse than a former Jedi and a former Sith Lord who barely know one another. And individually Ahsoka and Maul appear to be weaker; collectively they may be weaker than Anakin alone.

ares834
My point is where does the conclusion that Maul and Ahsoka are weaker than the team of Kenobi and Anakin come from? And Dooku better hope this team is weaker than Anakin alone otherwise he likely wouldn't win the duel.

The Ellimist
My point is where does the conclusion that Maul and Ahsoka are weaker than the team of Kenobi and Anakin come from?

It seems as though this Maul is <= his TCW incarnation, who is roughly a match for or slightly below pre-RotS Obi Wan and likely quite far below RotS Anakin. Ahsoka appears to be on a similar level. Then combine that with inferior synergy, and they should be inferior as a team.

Not really. The team just needs to be vulnerable to the same trick that Dooku used against Anakin + Obi Wan, .ie he can just take out one of the members, and then he just needs to be above both of them individually.

|King Joker|
I doubt Dooku could take out either Ahsoka or Maul with telekinesis like he did with Kenobi.

That being said, seeing Ahsoka and Maul trying to take down Dooku would be... interesting to see. If he can't remove one of them early on (I honestly don't think he can) I see the team eventually wearing him down and scoring a victory.

ILS
is dis thread or this team vs Dooku a srs concept or?

y'all losing your minds or?

Syndicate
*Shrug* Maybe.

Darth Thor
^ Joker meant Vader, not Dooku.

Originally posted by Kurk
Only when Sidious is watching

Nope. He wasn't watching in TCW movie, and even went for the kill.

Beniboybling
He meant Dooku considering Vader hasn't taken out Kenobi.

And Vader is neither as agile as Dooku nor a master of footwork, leverage, positioning etc., so assuming Vader could do what he did because he's "more powerful" is flawed premise.

I think the team could take this, Vader evidently has some difficulty keeping up with more nimble opponents and Djem So tends only to be effective when able to concentrate of a single adversary.

I reckon Ahsoka and Maul could exploit his lack if mobility to get under his defenses and tag him until he goes down. But Vader could still win if he's able to affect a BFR or KO with his Force powers.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
He meant Dooku considering Vader hasn't taken out Kenobi.

Oh yeah, my bad.

As for this will have to see the Maul vs Vader fight first, but if it's similar to Ahsoka vs Vader then I'd give it to the team.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Lol what are you talking about? Dooku was whooping Anakin's ass until he got cocky and tried to fight Anakin and show him a hologram of Ahsoka dying at the same time.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Lol what are you talking about? Dooku was whooping Anakin's ass until he got cocky and tried to fight Anakin and show him a hologram of Ahsoka dying at the same time.

He was besting him via superior TK, but the Saber match was pretty even, so I'd hardly call it an ass whopping. And he even went for the kill, showing he wasn't holding back.

Kurk

I meant he never has issues with Anakin when Sidious isn't watching.
Magnaguard fight on Naboo - He was solid with him near the beginning and disarmed him effectively near the end regardless of the droids

Fight on Oba Diah - effectively drove both of them back

TCW movie - had the advantage up until Anakin kicked him in the face

He's always on the defensive when Sidious is watching:

Naboo dining room fight: Hand behind his back the entire fight; always blocking

RotS: Holding back against Anakin

TCW last season vision: Dooku once more on the defensive in front of Sidious (this is debatable)

Darth Thor
And I'm saying Sidious watching doesn't seem to make much difference, if any at all.

TCW Movie Anakin was an Anakin who was just recently Knighted, not long after AOTC in the new canon. So TCW Anakin at his weakest. And even he put up a decent fight against Dooku without Sidious watching. And Dooku even showed he was going for the kill there.

Then on Naboo for the Grievous prisoner exchange, Dooku required aid from 4 magnaguards to solidly put Anakin down. He clearly wasn't confident enough to take Anakin alive on his own.

So with the exception of AOTC, Dooku was never able to manhandle Anakin regardless of where Sidious was.

Kurk
And I'm saying Sidious watching doesn't seem to make much difference, if any at all.

Then on Naboo for the Grievous prisoner exchange, Dooku required aid from 4 magnaguards to solidly put Anakin down. He clearly wasn't confident enough to take Anakin alive on his own.

Nah, I just don't think Dooku likes doing his own dirty work; not that he wasn't confident. The droids were there to safely subdue Anakin without killing him. When he resisted more than Dooku expected, he was able to quickly disarm him and later quickly overwhelm with the force as well.

Darth Thor
When he resisted more than Dooku expected, he was able to quickly disarm him

Not surprising given Anakin was taking a beating from Dooku's magnaguards.

and later quickly overwhelm with the force as well.

Was quite slowly actually. And looked pretty exhausted after doing so.

McP
Vader is not Dooku. He has completely different skillset. Dooku far more capable to fight multiple opponents, because he's faster and far more agile. He's also more talented to use his powers and swordsmanship combined.
Vader probably has raw power, more anger withing him, which makes him even stronger. He is more powerful then Dooku. But Dooku is just far more capable fighter. So is Mace, Yoda, Sidious, perhaps even Maul and Ahoska.
Vader's hype is far superior to his feats. I was counting that Rebels will show us, that he fought the way he fought in the movies, because of worse technology. But for now, he's just poor as a fighter, it seems that he cannot succesfuly use his potential and power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.