Battle of the sexes: Martial Arts battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Shang-Chi
Iron Fist
Captain America.

vs

Mantis
Moon Dragon
Black Canary

Battle held on a football field, h2h only and no sonic cry for BC, no telepathy for MD, no shield for Cap and no IF for Danny. Who wins.

Glorificus
Mantis outclasses everyone else physically, especially in speed.

So Team 2, I guess.

SamZED
That depends. Has any of the three males ever acted like chauvinistic pigs? In that case the females symbolically kick their asses in the name of feminism while also verbally humiliating them in the process.

deathslash
I'm gonna give the win to team 1. They have waaaaaaaaayyyyy more experience fighting side by side with each other.

StiltmanFTW
One of your better posts. Yeah, teamwork is a very improtant factor, often forgotten.

Canary is the weak link on T2, but Mantis and MD are pretty damn uber...

Surtur
Thank you for not including Karate Kid on this list, now I don't have to explain why he utterly stomps the other team.

StiltmanFTW
Needing help from Robin puts KK in Nightrasher's league thumb up

Surtur
No, it just says Robin is better then every martial artist in Marvel. It's like God asking you for help, is God going to ask a weak piece of shit for help? Nah.

StiltmanFTW
Batman made him look like Rihanna after she got f*cked up by Chris Brown laughing out loud

Surtur
It's because Val genuinely felt sorry for Bruce. He saw the story where Batgirl hit Batman so fast he didn't even realize he'd been hit until he started to bleed and just..just felt so much sympathy for this poor guy.

Have a heart man, do you go around destroying the presents of orphans on Christmas Eve? When "Santa" shows up do you tell all the little kids Santa isn't real? Then let poor Batman have this.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Seriously though, what martial artists has Val beaten?

Surtur
What martial artists do you think could defeat him while also replicating every single one of his high end feats?

Since by that criteria, literally every single street leveler in Marvel and DC is out.

StiltmanFTW
Answer the question, please.

Surtur
I don't even know what such a list would contain? I never actually said I memorized every single victory the guy has achieved.

Feats are what matter, right? You do know he is a part of the Legion and thus shitty martial artists are usually saved for fighting..well, the shitty characters.

StiltmanFTW
You see, Karate Kid is not the only one with this problem.

Let's look at Karnak, for example. Uber skill? Granted, can KO Surfer and stuff. But what MAs can he beat in h2h? Well, certainly not BP, not even on his best day...

The Mandarin has the same problem - uber striking power, chi control, karate mastery, etc. And classic Tony without his armor actually managed to fight him for a bit...

Gamora. Knows most MA styles in the galaxy. Can't deal with Bucky who doesn't even want to fight her...

Surtur
Okay, but none of what you just said explained why you would feel a character who is a martial artist and doiesn't have feats on Val's level would be able to fight him.

Yep, comics can be dumb and inconsistent, but let's not pretend like Val has 2 awesome feats and everything else is crap.

I'm legitimately asking: which martial artist could defeat him..despite having no feats on his level?

Think of Karate Kid as Magneto. Magneto does all kinds of crazy shit besides just manipulating various metals..and we buy it because the comic usually tosses out some "something something magnetism" line. That is Karate Kid, just replace "magnetism" with space karate.

StiltmanFTW
Thing is, Magneto has tons of battle feats against opponents of almost any type.

Spider-Man has a great powerset, but martial artists always know how to embarrass him.

Here on KMC, one ma's showings against other martial artists were always important. Always was used to help to gauge their skill level, as seen in the huge MA Hierarchy threads, for example.

lawest9
Women 6/10

EcstaticGrace
Canary cry is no joke but I doubt she'd use it in the way it could be use.

deathslash
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Canary cry is no joke but I doubt she'd use it in the way it could be use. check the stips.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by deathslash
check the stips.

She really doesn't have much of a chance against anyone here in straight h2h to my knowledge I could be wrong. She is a good fighter but just not as good.

deathslash
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
She really doesn't have much of a chance against anyone here in straight h2h to my knowledge I could be wrong. She is a good fighter but just not as good. yep, and the physical advantage that each of these guys has over her is big enough to make it a one sided beating.

lawest9
Y'all are selling BC short here.

deathslash
Originally posted by lawest9
Y'all are selling BC short here. hmmmmmm not really. Black canary sucks and team two loses because of it.

AlmightyKfish
Black Canary can hold her own long enough for Mantis and Moondragon to turn the tide. I mean by the time the Nu52 came around Black Canary was up there in DC's top martial artists.

But yeah, especially with no shield for Cap or iron fist for Danny, Mantis can take out anyone on the field. And Moondragon could potentially pull a majority off of anyone here.

Team 1 ftw.

DarkSaint85
Without an Iron Fist, Danny DID kill a dragon.....one that took down the Phoenix stick out tongue

deathslash
Let's not forget that while the iron fist is off the table, chi amping is still allowed. Shang charges up a chi kick and blows canary's head off.

lawest9
Bump Thump.

Henry_Pym
Danny solos, he is way above Everyone here physically and has the skill to hang with anyone here without the stat amps.

StiltmanFTW
Danny after upgrades is quite powerful, yes.

But he's not given the win automatically here - he's not KK that relies on his fanboybase alone.

Henry_Pym
You read his last solo series? Who can deal with his speed, after absorbing the One's/his fathers' chi? He plucked a bullet out of the air from a gun placed at her temple, while a few steps away.

StiltmanFTW
I didn't.

Scans? Sounds pretty impressive.

Henry_Pym
I'm a paper comics guy, it's from the last issue in his solo run.

Henry_Pym
if you look up Iron Fist living weapon suicide, look for one with Danny's green eye.

Then Iron Fist Living Weapon Bullet, the next Two are in black and white.

Surtur
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
But he's not given the win automatically here - he's not KK that relies on his fanboybase alone.

KK's feats are what is relied on. I think you are somehow confusing KK with KMC Superman and KMC Hulk. It's okay..one can only read so many Superman topics before their brain literally starts to play tricks on them. Your brain just Loki'd you dawg.

It's okay man, my own brain tricked me into spending many pages arguing about Aquaman's speed. We all fall victim to it. It might be time to form support groups so we can help each other through the hard times.

KEXQkrllGbA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.