Impossible feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
So, here's a thread wherein we will talk about character with feats that are so ludicrous it may as well be badly written fan-fiction.

Top three candidates are Tulak Hord's army bustin feat, second for me is Caedus VS Kyle. They speak in that battle for a couple moments.. which makes me think they sound like the old speed racer english dub anime..ha ha!

I get that they can easily end the life of droids or random troops... but that feat is ridiculous.

Lastly, Anything with Vitiate.

Wanna add something? if so discuss below

Syndicate
Kyp Duron being powerful enough for Exar Kun to take out Luke with and to apparently affect the gravity of an artificial black hole.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Syndicate
Kyp Duron being powerful enough for Exar Kun to take out Luke with and to apparently affect the gravity of an artificial black hole.

Hey. I wanted to say the black hole feat.

|King Joker|
Bane's feats in general

http://i.imgur.com/tZOS8.gif

Fated Xtasy
I think one of my favorite impossible feats is Kanan/Ferus blocking blaster fire from a battalion of troops

Syndicate
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I think one of my favorite impossible feats is Kanan/Ferus blocking blaster fire from a battalion of troops

Nephthys
Sidious's Force Storm apparently threatening "all space".

That's literally so impossible and absurd that it's not even worth acknowledging or considering.

Beniboybling
http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1742136542.gif

Selenial
Did someone say badly written fan fiction?

Drew Karpyshyn Novels.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Nephthys

That's literally so impossible and absurd that it's not even worth acknowledging or considering.

JKBart
Cipher Nine beating Darth Jadus

All droid/trooper bosses from TOR putting up a fight against HoT + Barsenthor + Trooper + Smugg

hutchy1345
How about basically every force related feat
It isn't real after all

JKBart
holy fug
/thread

NewGuy01
Anyone who has ever incinerated someone else with FL. It really makes no sense at all.

Beniboybling
On that note Nyriss incinerating herself with her own lightning. Lmao.Originally posted by hutchy1345
How about basically every force related feat
It isn't real after all Mind blown. smile

hutchy1345
wink

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Beniboybling
On that note Nyriss incinerating herself with her own lightning.
2 much pawuh 4 mi.

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Lastly, Anything with Vitiate. I don't follow your logic. What's ridiculously OP about Vitiate is his backstory. Born a prodigy + a century to study the force + natemha and 8000 sith lords + 1000 years to study and drain + revan drain and then ziost. Whenever we saw him in a fight, his feats were actually a disappointment compared to what he should logically be able to achieve. So I don't see how his feats seem impossible. Originally posted by JKBart
Cipher Nine beating Darth Jadus thumb up

Nephthys
Cipher 9 didn't beat Jadus, he survived him.

And Nyriss has charged up her lightning, obviously it'd be far greater to any defenses she could quickly muster.

Sinious
Which is still retarded.

Nephthys
Cipher's just that good. excellent

FreshestSlice
thumb up

"Never lie to a professional liar."

Selenial
Originally posted by Sinious
Which is still retarded.

Agreed, especially since Karpyshyn showed her winning the duel vs Scourge and The Exile, it makes no sense to fall back for no reason and put all of your power into a force attack.

Literally makes no sense whatsoever, the only possible explanation is that she wasn't winning their duel, but the text makes it pretty clear mmm

Nephthys
She wanted to end it with a single, big attack while showing off her power like the Sith that she is. It makes perfect sense.

Also I think he was talking about the Jadus thing. I edited the Nyriss thing in.

The_Tempest

laughing out loud

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You know it to be true kek

The_Tempest
You guys are radiating so much butthurt I expect sales for Preparation H to skyrocket. excellent

Nephthys
It's more like a butt itch.

The_Tempest
An itch you've been so desperate to satisfy that you've raked infectious furrows into your anal cavity.

Your suffering will be long and agonizing.

It pleases me.

Nephthys
I wrote two sentences.

You're more riled up than me.

The_Tempest
It's patently obvious that the message of those two sentences have consumed you. Your anguish is gratifying.

Fated Xtasy
Again, would you two just **** and get it over with?

The_Tempest
Oh, we have.

I skull**** his soul. uhuh

Nephthys
Originally posted by The_Tempest
It's patently obvious that the message of those two sentences have consumed you. Your anguish is gratifying.

http://orig07.deviantart.net/c198/f/2016/042/a/4/profile_picture_by_saitamaokplz-d9rczin.png

carthage
Bane being capable of doing anything without a force nexus

The_Tempest
Don't be coy. The fact that it bothers you is evident that you volunteered the information. You openly loathe the fact that the Comic's Companion destroys your entire platform. You despise the fact that no matter how ridiculous SWTOR gets, I always have a trump card.

Accept the futility of your entire existence... And despair.

Col. Valerian
Everything regarding the TFU game.

The_Tempest
I don't follow your logic. What's ridiculously OP about Vitiate is his backstory. Born a prodigy + a century to study the force + natemha and 8000 sith lords + 1000 years to study and drain + revan drain and then ziost. Whenever we saw him in a fight, his feats were actually a disappointment compared to what he should logically be able to achieve. So I don't see how his feats seem impossible. thumb up

Well... He did mention badly written fan fiction, which is what this description suggests.

There are a zillion dumb Force feats across all eras. Palpy's Force storm is definitely the most overpowered and wanky feat, alongside Plagueis and Sidious's Force ritual. Nihilus's world eating, and a few from Bane and Valky also qualify as truly shitty from a writing perspective.

Sinious
I assumed the main focus of the thread was unrealistically OP feats that you wouldn't expect from a character. My point was that you'd actually expect more from Vitiate.

Honestly I don't think Palpatine's Storms are ridiculous at this point given how many other top tier characters have haxx powers. Sidious having the most haxxx one of them all is actually pretty natural and expected.

AncientPower
Any Mandalorian feat authored by Karen Traviss.

Trocity
An itch you've been so desperate to satisfy that you've raked infectious furrows into your anal cavity.

That is absolutely horrendous.

NewGuy01
Jadus being overcome by the Agent was stupid too, yeah. What a pitiful end for the greatest Sith in Vitiate's empire.

carthage
Bane being stomped by mercenaries

NewGuy01
That's strange? messed

carthage
Strange how a Sith can suck so ****ing badly

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'd say Valkorion oneshotting everyone, but that's an inevitability moreso than an impossibility

Revan's SF feat is pretty kektarded. Should have definitely died to Malak.

The_Tempest
I assumed the main focus of the thread was unrealistically OP feats that you wouldn't expect from a character. My point was that you'd actually expect more from Vitiate.

Honestly I don't think Palpatine's Storms are ridiculous at this point given how many other top tier characters have haxx powers. Sidious having the most haxxx one of them all is actually pretty natural and expected.

I guess it's fitting that Palpatine would possess the greatest power since, from a storytelling perspective, he's the greatest and most important villain in the entire mythology. You can't really embody the ultimate evil if you don't also represent the acme of its power. thumb up

That said, a lot of these wanky powers are bullshit. Even his.

FreshestSlice
I don't really see anything wrong with Force Storm. It being able to destroy the universe/"all space" is still pretty dumb, but seems par the course for the wankery that is the EU.

Sinious
I guess it's fitting that Palpatine would possess the greatest power since, from a storytelling perspective, he's the greatest and most important villain in the entire mythology. You can't really embody the ultimate evil if you don't also represent the acme of its power. thumb up

That said, a lot of these wanky powers are bullshit. Even his. Precisely.

Meh, I'm glad EU depicted force sensitives as more powerful beings. It makes their importance in the galaxy and the story itself more epic imo. Though I agree some of it is utter garbage.

The_Tempest
Eh, we'll agree to disagree on that one Sin.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I don't really see anything wrong with Force Storm. It being able to destroy the universe/"all space" is still pretty dumb, but seems par the course for the wankery that is the EU.

I'm pretty critical of the EU and was one of the first ones to kinda rejoice with the Legends/canon split. And while canon has toned down the wankery, it simply replaced it with a different brand of stupidity.

Nephthys

No, its beyond the pale even for SW. Its non-hyperbolically retarded.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

thumb up

I mean, shit, Sidious is moving beyond the capacity of the mere force if he can annihilate the universe. That's some cosmic-entity level shit right there.

The_Tempest

Dude, if this was Valkoriate or Nihilus or even Bane, you'd accept it without reservation.

You should srsly consider calming down and accepting that Palpatine > all those guys. erm

http://i.imgur.com/fU9jYP0.png

Nephthys
Its honestly even dumber than that dumb superweapon that would destroy the universe by ping-ponging planets into each other until they were all destroyed. At least that has some cartoon logic behind it.

Nephthys
Dude, if this was Valkoriate or Nihilus or even Bane, you'd accept it without reservation.

Not for a second.

Emperordmb
Not for a second.

The_Tempest
Not for a second.

Your post history reads like a rap sheet of taking unsubstantiated claims at face value tbh: Khem Val with Tulak Hord, anything ever said about Nihilus, etc.

Hell, you think that SWTOR retcons Path of Destruction because it makes Bane's temple feat look cooler. uhuh

Let's just say we'll agree to disagree on what you'd conceivably do with something this wanktastic in your arsenal. thumb up

Nephthys
Theres a bit of a difference between blowing up a building and blowing up the universe. Give or take a few inches, of course.

Emperordmb
There's a difference between feats arguing characters in Jedi and Sith scale, and trying to wank a character to that level

The_Tempest
Theres a bit of a difference between blowing up a building and blowing up the universe. Give or take a few inches, of course.

Of course. That's why Sheev is exponentially more dangerous than all of them.

But let's be honest: your reservation owes entirely to the fact that kind of scale attributed is to Sidious and not, say, the aforementioned losers to whom you've dedicated your KMC career.

Nephthys
No.

The_Tempest
Yes. uhuh

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
There's a difference between feats arguing characters in Jedi and Sith scale, and trying to wank a character to that level

Your sentence makes a kind of sense that doesn't. Could you kindly rephrase?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Your sentence makes a kind of sense that doesn't. Could you kindly rephrase?

He's saying that arguing feats in the context of what jedi and sith can accomplish makes sense. But destroying the universe is the kind of shit that makes Superman look like a pussy.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's saying that arguing feats in the context of what jedi and sith can accomplish makes sense. But destroying the universe is the kind of shit that makes Superman look like a pussy.

"In context of what Jedi and Sith can accomplish" has proven to be quite fluid in Star Wars storytelling. So he might want to clarify.

Emperordmb
Yeah I feel like Temp is trying to get me to say something so he can use it against me, so I'm not gonna say it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Darth Sidious wins again. smile

The_Tempest
For a stoner, you're terribly paranoid. And tense.

It's an honest question.

Nephthys
Allow me to clarify: A Jedi or Sith destroying the universe, regardless of power, regardless of who they are or what technique they are using, is literally so impossible and absurd that it's not even worth acknowledging or considering.

The_Tempest
Allow me to clarify: A Jedi or Sith destroying the universe, regardless of power, regardless of who they are or what technique they are using, is literally so impossible and absurd that it's not even worth acknowledging or considering.

You claim Valkoriate is neither of those, so I don't believe you're being genuine.

Amateur hour.

AncientPower
I mean honestly, it implies that Sheev can create a super-massive blackhole with his wormhole Force Storms that can end all of space. Given that this is early nineties(?) Star Wars then by 'all of space' it means the galaxy; back then there was no real implication that Star Wars took place in a single galaxy.

Retcon it down to Sheev summoning a super-massive blackhole that kills the galaxy, then it's not that terribly hyperbolic tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Allow me to clarify: A force user destroying the universe, regardless of power, regardless of who they are or what technique they are using, is literally so impossible and absurd that it's not even worth acknowledging or considering.

FTFY

The_Tempest
Originally posted by AncientPower
I mean honestly, it implies that Sheev can create a super-massive blackhole with his wormhole Force Storms that can end all of space. Given that this is early nineties(?) Star Wars then by 'all of space' it means the galaxy; back then there was no real implication that Star Wars took place in a single galaxy.

Retcon it down to Sheev summoning a super-massive blackhole that kills the galaxy, then it's not that terribly hyperbolic tbh.

Well, actually, The Dark Empire Sourcebook specifically references the universe in that Sheev's ultimate goal was to travel to all other galaxies and "spread his dark rule" across the universe.

Nephthys
You claim Valkoriate is neither of those, so I don't believe you're being genuine.

Amateur hour.

Extend it to anyone in SW.

The Merchant
People are mad that Palpatine solos.

AncientPower
Well yes meaning eventually he would have; him killing the galaxy is just far more believable than him killing the universe, which to this day in Legends equates to two genuine galaxies(main and Vong) and a satellite galaxy(Rishi Maze).

FreshestSlice
Eh, we'll agree to disagree on that one Sin.

I'm pretty critical of the EU and was one of the first ones to kinda rejoice with the Legends/canon split. And while canon has toned down the wankery, it simply replaced it with a different brand of stupidity.
You mean the "Vader is god, Sidious is probably better but you'll never know because Vader," kind? I don't see the problem, Tempest.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The Merchant
People are mad that Palpatine solos.

Correct.

Well yes meaning eventually he would have; him killing the galaxy is just far more believable than him killing the universe, which to this day in Legends equates to two genuine galaxies(main and Vong) and a satellite galaxy(Rishi Maze).

That's... not how that works. erm

You mean the "Vader is god, Sidious is probably better but you'll never know because Vader," kind? I don't see the problem, Tempest.

I mean with all the shit that has geysered from the festering anus that is canon: Dark Disciple, Lords of the Sith, The Force Awakens, etc.

FreshestSlice
There is no god but Vader, and Sidious is his prophet.

The_Tempest
There is no god but Vader, and Sidious is his prophet.

Gods don't bend the knee to their prophets.

http://www.galacticbinder.com/images/whatisthybidding1.jpg

AncientPower
Temp, given that you're a true intellectual, I am sure I need not lecture you about astrophysics; simply put nothing Sidious could accomplish, even a super-massive black hole variant of a Force storm, is capable of destroying 'all of space' which is about as close to infinite as you can get, given its ever-expanding nature and self-sustaining remnants from the big bang event.

It isn't actually scientifically possible, it would require a second all-encompassing big bang event that destroyed everything instead of creating even more.

He can kill a galaxy or a few, at the very most, if you even take 'all of space' with the smallest grain of sand. That would still require the most powerful force of nature known to mankind to accomplish.

The_Tempest
Temp, given that you're a true intellectual, I am sure I need not lecture you about astrophysics; simply put nothing Sidious could accomplish, even a super-massive black hole variant of a Force storm, is capable of destroying 'all of space' which is about as close to infinite as you can get, given its ever-expanding nature and self-sustaining remnants from the big bang event.

It isn't actually scientifically possible, it would require a second all-encompassing big bang event that destroyed everything instead of creating even more.

He can kill a galaxy or a few, at the very most, if you even take 'all of space' with the smallest grain of sand. That would still require the most powerful force of nature known to mankind to accomplish.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Images/popup/2015/6/Parents%208.gif

Are you telling me that elements from a mainstream space opera don't have basis in hard science?

AncientPower
I'm saying Star Wars would have had to have reached a whole new level of brain death for that statement to be even remotely plausible.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
super speed, strength, flight, etc is already brain death. If other 'verses can have such brain death, why not star wars?

AncientPower
Because Marvel and DC died in my heart due to such absolutely mind numbing writing, I won't allow Star Wars the same fate.

The_Tempest
I'm saying Star Wars would have had to have reached a whole new level of brain death for that statement to be even remotely plausible.

Given your intimate and previously-established knowledge of some of the worst Star Wars has to offer, including SWTOR and the Jedi Prince series, I'd ask you if you've recently hit your head.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, there's no rational way around it. Even if we actually assume that it was "only" a few galaxies, that's still extreme brain death that can't really be justified.

AncientPower
SWTOR has always been cancerous, it was merely fun to watch the pleebs running around scraping that barrel of ten year old regurgitated vomit they call 'AAA Bioware story-telling' to 'fight back' against the untouchable original classics.

FreshestSlice
Gods don't bend the knee to their prophets.

http://www.galacticbinder.com/images/whatisthybidding1.jpg
Vader's still Palpatine's *****, sure, but he's been traumatised for a long time now.

AncientPower
Well, there's no rational way around it. Even if we actually assume that it was "only" a few galaxies, that's still extreme brain death that can't really be justified.

Busting a few galaxies is merely a retarded concept, destroying universes and/or dimensions is outright unplug the machine worthy.

The_Tempest
Vader's still Palpatine's *****, sure, but he's been traumatised for a long time now.

The fact that Vader bends the knee to the Emperor is further reason for you to do the same.

AncientPower
thumb up

FreshestSlice
The fact that Vader bends the knee to the Emperor is further reason for you to do the same.
I'm not going back, Tempest.

A worm enters a chrysalis to grow wings...

AncientPower
Just admit that you never left.

FreshestSlice
Why would I admit a lie, Ancient. I've been against Sidious for some time now.

AncientPower
By wanking Rebels you've unwittingly been wanking Sheev the entire time.

Lords of the Sith was the nail in the coffin for Vader > Sheev idealism, accept that.

The_Tempest
Yeah, let's talk LOTS. What a fvcking literary trainwreck. It's barely a step above Karpyshyn.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm not going back, Tempest.

A worm enters a chrysalis to grow wings...

thumb up

quanchi112
Palpatine apologists are on borrowed time. Deep down they know Snoke will surpass him. Live it up for now.

AncientPower
That's an understatement, Vader was entirely unimpressive, Sheev turning up to personally handle a minor resistance movement was laughable as well.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by quanchi112
Palpatine apologists are on borrowed time. Deep down they know Snoke will surpass him. Live it up for now.

Nice sig/avatar.

The_Tempest
That's an understatement, Vader was entirely unimpressive, Sheev turning up to personally handle a minor resistance movement was laughable as well.

Nah, the feats were just fine, especially in canon. But the actual story sucks ass. Yes, as you say, the notion Sheev would show up to personally meddle with the fvcking Restore Ryloth movement is hilarious.

There's absolutely no real story. It's 300 pages built solely around the wanky premise of having Vader and Sheev kick ass. Which is all well and good, but they never actually cobble together a meaningful story.

The characterization wasn't that great, either.

quanchi112
Nice sig/avatar. Thank you. How have you been ? Now that Rogue one is due to release that trailer tomorrow and Force Awakens is at my disposal I'm feeling very Star Warsy for the time being. Granted Civil War is out in a little over a month but I may frequent this section until then.

AncientPower
It firmly established Vader as Sheev's *****, for the idealistic fools that ever doubted it. Enough for some slight forgiveness.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Thank you. How have you been ? Now that Rogue one is due to release that trailer tomorrow and Force Awakens is at my disposal I'm feeling very Star Warsy for the time being. Granted Civil War is out in a little over a month but I may frequent this section until then.

I've been great. I've jumped on the adderall train with a few of my friends. The shit is amazing!

quanchi112
He took Sheev's shit for decades. Who in their right mind thinks otherwise ?

AncientPower
A most grand query.

quanchi112
I've been great. I've jumped on the adderall train with a few of my friends. The shit is amazing! I told you it's the only way to study. Hate the crash after but if you have a limited time to learn something important there's no quicker fix.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I told you it's the only way to study. Hate the crash after but if you have a limited time to learn something important there's no quicker fix.

What's the most mg's you've taken at any given time?

quanchi112
What's the most mg's you've taken at any given time? 30.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
40. smile

quanchi112
40. smile To me I've imagined the film limitless with that amount of raw power.

S_W_LeGenD
You guys are radiating so much butthurt I expect sales for Preparation H to skyrocket. excellent
And Revan is the heart of the Force. Heart of the Force > all of space.

And Super Outlander can unite a thousand stars with a thought.

NewGuy01
Revan is like* the heart of the Force.

Uniting a thousand stars <<<<<<<<<< Destroying billions of stars

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Revan is like* the heart of the Force.
Here:

"Revan was Power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."

Sensing Revan felt like sensing the heart of the Force. Revan = heart of the Force. smokin'

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Uniting a thousand stars <<<<<<<<<< Destroying billions of stars
If he can unite a thousand stars with a thought, he can destroy billions with a Force-wave. smokin'

NewGuy01
Sidious summons Force Storms with a thought too, though.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
And Revan is the heart of the Force. Heart of the Force > all of space.

How is the Heart of the Force above the universe?

How does this compare with universe busting?

---------

I don't think Drew thought out Bane's raindrop feat very carefully.

carthage
Lmao

The Ellimist
Originally posted by carthage
Lmao

You're bitter that it makes Bane the fastest and greatest duelist in the mythos.

The Ellimist
Some of Luke's feats would effectively make him unbeatable if he were to replicate them liberally. Illusions + cloaking + projecting himself + foresight = unstoppable killing machine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.