DOE Bane/Kas'im run a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Warmup: Mace Windu/Starkiller

1. Arcann/SOR Revan

2. Darth Plagueis/Darth Caedus

3. Mother Talzin/ROTS Sidious

4. FOTJ Luke Skywalker/DE Sidious

5. Oneness Jacen Solo, Oneness Ben Skywalker, Oneness Anakin Solo, Oneness Luke Skywalker

Boss: Abeloth/Father

How far do they get?

The_Tempest
They get wrecked at the warm-up. 'Killer would shitstomp Kas'im and Windu took on an infinitely more dangerous Sith Lord in Sidious. Hell, either one might well solo.

Fated Xtasy
Hard to tell when you're serious, Temp.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Not really.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Hard to tell when you're serious, Temp.

......what about anything I said struck you as disingenuous?

Fated Xtasy
No no, in general it's hard to gauge when you're being serious, Temp.

The_Tempest
How so mmm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Because you're 10/10 an hero material.

Fated Xtasy
Sometimes I'm not sure if you're trolling when you say certain people would stomp certain people.(I.e Ragnos+Hord where a team you considered to be ~ TPM Sheev or maybe it was Plagueis)

It was back on Ant's forum. It's pretty hard to see when you're genuinely putting your opinion forth.

(Unless you do essays like in 2k14)

The_Tempest
Sometimes I'm not sure if you're trolling when you say certain people would stomp certain people.(I.e Ragnos+Hord where a team you considered to be ~ TPM Sheev or maybe it was Plagueis)

It was back on Ant's forum. It's pretty hard to see when you're genuinely putting your opinion forth.

(Unless you do essays like in 2k14)

mmm

Well let me remove any ambiguity for you. I proclaim, without reservation, the factmy sincere belief that Darth Bane is truly the weakest of the Banite Sith and leagues below people of the Windu/'Killer caliber.

Fated Xtasy
Huh, ok.

Ya know it'd be interesting to see what you think about Tenebrous and Bane's successors

The_Tempest
Any of Bane's successors are greater than he. At least the Masters. That's a fact affirmed and reaffirmed in both Legends and canon.

Fated Xtasy
I've questions. And since I'd rather not clutter up the thread, may I PM you?

The_Tempest
I'll grant you an audience.

Emperordmb
Yeah for the record I don't see them passing the warm-up, just in case people actually thought I had these guys on the level that they would actually make it decently far in the gauntlet.

People on here thought I had Bane>Yoda for some reason at one point idk

Fated Xtasy
Odd, you said Bane would defeat Mace several times in chatzy and dmbe.

What's changed this, if I may ask?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah for the record I don't see them passing the warm-up, just in case people actually thought I had these guys on the level that they would actually make it decently far in the gauntlet.

People on here thought I had Bane>Yoda for some reason at one point idk

I'll be straight-up with you, 'cuz I'm genuinely curious: WTF is the source of your interest in Bane?

I have theories but I'd like to hear it straight from the proverbial horse's mouth.

Emperordmb

What's changed this, if I may ask?
Nothing changed. I just don't think his partner is up for that fight.

The_Tempest

lmao

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'll be straight-up with you, 'cuz I'm genuinely curious: WTF is the source of your interest in Bane?

I have theories but I'd like to hear it straight from the proverbial horse's mouth.

I'll just quote something I said on youtube:

There are many Sith who are corrupted and seduced (Vader, Caedus, Kun), some are born twisted and demonic (Sidious, Vitiate), some are raised knowing nothing else (Plagueis, Maul, Vestara), but Bane for me represents a very unique form of Sith. Bane wasn't born a complete evil sociopath, he wasn't corrupted or seduced and didn't fall, and he wasn't raised in nothing else but Sith culture. Bane is a Sith because he legitimately chose to be. He was made an offer, looked at the choices and paths in front of him, reflected on philosophical truths he had observed in the course of his life, and he chose the dark side and to embrace a greater destiny for himself. Sure a few other Sith may have made this choice, but Bane's choice and philosophical reflection truly set him apart from the others for me. Bane recognized the nature of the dark side and the Sith, and his entire life goal was about transforming the Galaxy to reflect this philosophy. He destroyed and rebuilt the Sith Order in a way more reflective of the Dark Side's nature than any before it, and he transformed the Dark Side's greatest failure into a mechanism for evolution. Bane's philosophical understanding of the dark side was so vital to him that he was truly willing to die for what he believed, the ascension of the Sith and the Dark Side and the rise of the strongest being to rule. Darth Bane understood strength, believed in the Dark Side so profoundly he created a mechanism he knew he would likely die by for the greater good of the Sith, and he created a legacy so resilient his order of thirty in a millennia brought down the entire Jedi Order.

For whatever it's worth, Plagueis and Sidious are in my top three favs as far as the Sith go

The_Tempest
I'll just quote something I said on youtube:

There are many Sith who are corrupted and seduced (Vader, Caedus, Kun), some are born twisted and demonic (Sidious, Vitiate), some are raised knowing nothing else (Plagueis, Maul, Vestara), but Bane for me represents a very unique form of Sith. Bane wasn't born a complete evil sociopath, he wasn't corrupted or seduced and didn't fall, and he wasn't raised in nothing else but Sith culture. Bane is a Sith because he legitimately chose to be. He was made an offer, looked at the choices and paths in front of him, reflected on philosophical truths he had observed in the course of his life, and he chose the dark side and to embrace a greater destiny for himself. Sure a few other Sith may have made this choice, but Bane's choice and philosophical reflection truly set him apart from the others for me. Bane recognized the nature of the dark side and the Sith, and his entire life goal was about transforming the Galaxy to reflect this philosophy. He destroyed and rebuilt the Sith Order in a way more reflective of the Dark Side's nature than any before it, and he transformed the Dark Side's greatest failure into a mechanism for evolution. Bane's philosophical understanding of the dark side was so vital to him that he was truly willing to die for what he believed, the ascension of the Sith and the Dark Side and the rise of the strongest being to rule. Darth Bane understood strength, believed in the Dark Side so profoundly he created a mechanism he knew he would likely die by for the greater good of the Sith, and he created a legacy so resilient his order of thirty in a millennia brought down the entire Jedi Order.

For whatever it's worth, Plagueis and Sidious are in my top three favs as far as the Sith go

So what you're saying is... you like Bane because he didn't evince any of the negative qualities of the dark side, none of the consequences, and is, from a certain perspective, flawless?

I love Sheev and, therefore, the Rule of Two, but you do realize how hilariously bogus the notion is, right?

Fated Xtasy
"Bogus" oh for heaven's sake Temp, that's about as dated as you can get.

The_Tempest
"Bogus" oh for heaven's sake Temp, that's about as dated as you can get.

Where's my PM, bro? I granted you an audience and if you expect a response any time soon, now is the time.

Laundry is rapidly achieving completion. excellent

Nephthys
For the record: I support Bane because I think my arguments for him are right. I have no particular interest in him over anyone else.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
For the record: I support Bane because I think my arguments for him are right. I have no particular interest in him over anyone else.

The fact that they're pretty much entirely wrong makes your devotion to him that much sadder.

Join Sheevism, Neph. Bend the knee. Return to the fold.

Emperordmb
Have you seen my DBT blogs on CV?

Nephthys
No.

The fact that they're pretty much entirely wrong makes your devotion to him that much sadder.

Join Sheevism, Neph. Bend the knee. Return to the fold.

I was never in the fold. I've supported Bane since the before times, when Nebaris stalked these boards and he was my ally.

The_Tempest
No.

I was never in the fold. I've supported Bane since the before times, when Nebaris stalked these boards and he was my ally.

You were in the fold and you will return again. I command it. uhuh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The only battle that matters is Sidious vs Valkorion. And that battle is split these days, members-wise. smile

Sinious
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The only battle that matters is Sidious vs Valkorion. thumb up

Nephthys
You were in the fold and you will return again. I command it. uhuh

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1381/13810066/2862748-2837551-2258758044-ysknt.gif

The_Tempest
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/55087672.jpg

Nephthys
http://49.media.tumblr.com/d853535735ad4857ed0daaa8e7ab8d97/tumblr_nqzxths5a71uqi4ivo3_500.gif

I'll never turn to the darkside.

The_Tempest
https://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/76fc8bde-6137-4760-82a0-b442f7b4198b/b49d9646-ce35-4324-9bad-14c6728ccc1e.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
http://i.imgur.com/7yhS1X2.gif

Emperordmb
No.
Just PMed you all 12 of the blogs

The_Tempest
So what you're saying is... you like Bane because he didn't evince any of the negative qualities of the dark side, none of the consequences, and is, from a certain perspective, flawless?

I love Sheev and, therefore, the Rule of Two, but you do realize how hilariously bogus the notion is, right?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. It takes a force user like Valkorion to overcome the horrific consequences of the dark side.

The_Tempest
The reason I ask is, according to some of DMB's acquaintances, he authored a SW fanfic where essentially the protag is a virtually omnipotent and omniscient dark sider.

From that, one is able to identify certain patterns and infer conclusions. He claims his favorite SW characters are The Son and Bane, who are identified within the context of their story as being all-powerful and amazing with little by way of character development.

Perhaps DMB is just more interested in evil Gary Stus than anything else?

Emperordmb
You're trying to subtly insult me and you're wondering why I don't want to have a conversation with you about this?

The_Tempest
You're trying to subtly insult me and you're wondering why I don't want to have a conversation with you about this?

DMB, you should know by now that if I wanted to insult you I'd do it flagrantly. It's a genuine question and a genuine discussion.

I've never read your fanfic and have no idea if what I'm told about it is true. And I can't help but notice what appears to be a strong pattern.

Sheev is a great antagonist but a poor protagonist for many of the same reasons I described about Bane. It's one of the reasons Plagueis did not hold up well to me and is a horribly overrated book.

I have no earthy idea why you'd have any interest in Bane. You want a truly compelling Sith Lord protag.? I give you Dooku in YDR.

The Ellimist
They get wrecked at the warm-up. 'Killer would shitstomp Kas'im and Windu took on an infinitely more dangerous Sith Lord in Sidious. Hell, either one might well solo.

laughing laughing laughing

Even a trainee Bane in PoD can move faster than the eye can see (vs. Sirak).

Watch Mace Windu's duel against Palpatine.

Not faster than the eye can see, eh?

Bane solos this entire gauntlet at once. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.