Reeve's Superman vs Dr. Manhattan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Dr. Manhattan come to Superman universe and decides to make the world in his image. A fight between the two starts.

All out who wins?

Technology is available to each fighter. For Superman he has his kryptonian tech and Dr. Manhattan has whatever tech he uses if any.

Some abilities for Superman for those who do not remember:
Ability to take away another person memories with a kiss.
Ability to go back into the past using his own body.
Phantom zone is accessible to him.
Ability to move faster than light.
Telekinesis

KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't remember, but when did he access the Phantom Zone?

Kotor3
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I don't remember, but when did he access the Phantom Zone? I don't recall Superman specifically accessing the phantom zone but I thought it was heavily implied in part one that he had full access the to technology that his father created as well as other kryptonian tech.

In part one it was shown that he spent a few years being trained on Kryptonian history and technology as well as his powers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Agreed, but you said he had access to the Phantom Zone.. I'm saying... why did you make that statement.. based on what?

Kotor3
Agreed, but you said he had access to the Phantom Zone.. I'm saying... why did you make that statement.. based on what? I also said he has access to krytonian tech even though the only time he uses it is to create his fortress and educate himself.

I'm assuming the phantom zone is accessible to him if he chooses to use it. You don't of course have to agree with this assumption or use it in this battle.

CPT Space Bomb
Manhattan wins.

Kotor3
Agreed, but you said he had access to the Phantom Zone.. I'm saying... why did you make that statement.. based on what? I never saw the full movie for The Richard Donner Cut but read up on the ending. Evidently to support my claim that Superman had access to the phantom zone, he uses it in this version to imprison General Zod and his two companions.

Kotor3
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Manhattan wins. Care to explain why?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Kotor3
Care to explain why? Because he's more powerful. He can do pretty much anything.

Arachnid1
Manhattan wins. This. There's really nothing Reeve can do to him.

Kotor3
Great argument from both of you. Reeve's can destroy any of Dr. Manhattan bodies immediately. Causing Dr. Manhattan to regroup. I don't see Dr. Manhattan doing the same to Superman. With Kryptonian tech like the phantom zone he might find a way to trap or contain Dr. Manhattan.

Kotor3
Originally posted by Arachnid1
This. There's really nothing Reeve can do to him. Superman can go back in time to when Dr. Manhattan is human and take him out or learn about the process that made him and that way. He can also use the phantom zone.

There two ways right there.

Tattoos N Scars
Couldn't Manhattan simply escape the phantom zone? I thought he could traverse dimensions with a thought. Or is it just the Solar System?

Kotor3
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Couldn't Manhattan simply escape the phantom zone? I thought he could traverse dimensions with a thought. Or is it just the Solar System? Perhaps he can or cannot, I don't know. As for traveling through different dimensions through thought I wasn't aware that he could do that. I would need to look that up.

CPT Space Bomb
Superman can go back in time to when Dr. Manhattan is human and take him out or learn about the process that made him and that way. He can also use the phantom zone.

There two ways right there. You think Manhattan is going to LET Superman reverse time? Dude, Manhattan is omnipotent. He can turn Superman into a fart in the wind and there won't be a thing Superman can do about it. Superman loses. No power he has is good enough to counter the things Manhattan can do by JUST THINKING.

Manhattan Stomps 1000/10

emporerpants
Didn't the movie say that Manhattan could only stop 97% of the nukes if Russia attacked? In fact, I think that was an important plot point. This means that Manhattan IS NOT omnipotent, since if he was, he could stop all the nukes right?

Arachnid1
Originally posted by emporerpants
Didn't the movie say that Manhattan could only stop 97% of the nukes if Russia attacked? In fact, I think that was an important plot point. This means that Manhattan IS NOT omnipotent, since if he was, he could stop all the nukes right? It wasn't even Manhattan who claimed that. It was someone else, so the claim is pretty iffy.

Even then, Manhattan being omnipotent has always been a bit doubtful. Omniscient, maybe, but omnipotent? Nah. Still, he can transmute matter, so he should be able to turn Supes into a puddle or make kryptonite no problem.

Nice sig btw

CPT Space Bomb
Okay, maybe he's not Omnipotent in the LITERAL sense, but he's certainly omnipotent compared to Reeve's Superman. He just has too much going for him. He can't be killed. There is no way Superman can defeat him....at least not unless Manhattan allows it.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by emporerpants
Didn't the movie say that Manhattan could only stop 97% of the nukes if Russia attacked? In fact, I think that was an important plot point. This means that Manhattan IS NOT omnipotent, since if he was, he could stop all the nukes right? Good point.

Nice to see it. People been applying no limits fallacy to Manhattan forever.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Good point.

Nice to see it. People been applying no limits fallacy to Manhattan forever. Again, as far as Reeves Superman is concerned he might as well be omnipotent. The only way Reevesman wins is if Manhattan allows it.

Zack Fair
Again, as far as Reeves Superman is concerned he might as well be omnipotent. The only way Reevesman wins is if Manhattan allows it.

Ok. I wasn't really commenting on the outcome of this particular fight though.

Kotor3
You think Manhattan is going to LET Superman reverse time? Dude, Manhattan is omnipotent. He can turn Superman into a fart in the wind and there won't be a thing Superman can do about it. Superman loses. No power he has is good enough to counter the things Manhattan can do by JUST THINKING.

Manhattan Stomps 1000/10 Let him? What is Manhattan going to do to stop someone who moves faster than thought and light?

When has Manhattan ever shown the ability to turn someone with Superman's or even near his molecular structure into something?

Kryptonite changes Superman's molecular structure but guess what, since Superman has a constant super power source he is able to heal instantly and keep his molecular structure intact.

So tell me how Dr. Manhattan is going to change someone's molecular structure that is constantly being power to stay the way it is?

Superman has shown that he has full control of his molecular structure and others when he took Lois memory away with a kiss (which probably reach the atomic level). Next he was able to create a time vortex and go through it using his own body.

Superman has shown in Superman II that he is more than willing to use Kryptonian technology in combat.

So no Dr. Manhattan is not going to turn Superman into nothing.

Kotor3
OH, if I recall right the all omnipotent one was not able to save and cure his colleagues from cancer. Instead he ran away when accused.

quanchi112
Manhattan stomps. Superman wasn't very formidable at all.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by quanchi112
Manhattan stomps. Superman wasn't very formidable at all.

He always is according to you. Should Hebe stripped of yes Herald status? Even in the comics?

Time-Immemorial
Dr. Manhattan come to Superman universe and decides to make the world in his image. A fight between the two starts.

All out who wins?

Technology is available to each fighter. For Superman he has his kryptonian tech and Dr. Manhattan has whatever tech he uses if any.

Some abilities for Superman for those who do not remember:
Ability to take away another person memories with a kiss.
Ability to go back into the past using his own body.
Phantom zone is accessible to him.
Ability to move faster than light.
Telekinesis

When did he use Telekinesis?

Kotor3
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
When did he use Telekinesis? Superman IV, I believe it was the volcano scene where he put a wall back together.

Time-Immemorial
DfwHe0NqVvY

It wasn't TK, it was Superman hacks.

Arachnid1
OH, if I recall right the all omnipotent one was not able to save and cure his colleagues from cancer. Instead he ran away when accused. Well yeah, that was kind of a big plot point. Ozy took away his ability to look through the timeline by disrupting it with the nukes , and thus his omniscience (omnipotence is being able to do anything, anytime, omniscience is knowing).

Manhattan exists at all points in the timeline at once. Time is not fluid for him. Superman cant win because Manhattan would know exactly what he's going to do before the fight ever even started. You say supes is going to constantly charge with the sun and repair himself? He'll block out the sun.

Your claims that Supes has complete control over his molecular structure (he doesn't), and is thus not susceptible to having his structure remodelled on a atomic level is flat out wrong. You're going to have to provide proof of Supes being able to resist being transmuted.

And even if you do, Manhattan can just transmute red kryptonite to take away Supes powers and blow him up Rorschach style, or green kryptonite to kill him the old fashion way.

Manhattan could also just go back in time to when Supes crash lands on earth as a child and intercept the pod to send him into a blackhole or something. People claiming Supes is the one who would go back in time to stop Manhattan are wrong. Manhattan already exists at all points in the timeline, so that wont do much.

There's also the fact that Supes little time travel feat took him back 30 seconds, as opposed to the decades necessary to go back to Manhattans creation point.

Supermans speed is pretty useless too. Manhattan has watched events so fast and so tiny that most would argue that they never even happened at all. He can see the little involuntary facial twitches that tell someone's emotion in the milliseconds they are in existence. He'll be able to follow Supes just fine.

There are so many different ways Manhattan can kill Supes, but not one Supes can kill Manhattan.

CPT Space Bomb
OH, if I recall right the all omnipotent one was not able to save and cure his colleagues from cancer. Instead he ran away when accused. Manhattan>>>>>>Reevesman.

NemeBro
Because he's more powerful. He can do pretty much anything. Superman is considerably more powerful. Based on onscreen feats Superman's power output is considerably above Manhattan's. Manhattan has no feat on par with breaking through time and space to change the course of history or moving a moon, and if the estimation that Manhattan could "only" stop 97% of Russia's nuclear weapons is accurate (it was said by Ozymandias, who is more well-informed on Manhattan's abilities, but isn't infallible as seen when his attempt at killing him failed) this would be the case. Every nuclear weapon in history detonating at the same time would not output the same amount of energy as what Reeves would require to move celestial bodies.

However, what Manhattan does have over Reeves is that Reeves can't conventionally fight him. Punching Manhattan accomplishes nothing, and Manhattan arguably has the ability to ignore Superman's durability through his transmutation. For Superman to beat Manhattan he would have to go out of character and fight him unconventionally. Could he travel back in time and kill Manhattan before he gained his superpowers? Sure, but can anyone say that Superman would actually do that? No.

Impediment
Manhattan can control and manipulate matter. Superman, even with his demigod-like physiology enhanced by Earth's yellow sun, is matter. Manhattan can literally de-atomize Superman.

Manhattan could also create Kyrptonite out of thin air, just like he made a glass castle out of Martian sand and created cold water and milk for Laurie to drink while flying around Mars.

Superman might be light speed/FTL and could potentially vaporize Manhattan, but Manhattan would just re-create himself and split into multiple bodies like did for his scientific research while banging Laurie in the bedroom.

Manhattan also has precog; He can see his own future. Unless Superman has some tachyons in his back pocket, then Manhattan will already have the advantage.

Silent Master
I realize it makes Superman sound more powerful to say that he broke through time and space, but really all he did was fly really fast. so let's not pretend that the feat was more than it was.

It's like arguing that Cris Johnson(Nic Cage) was more powerful than Dr Manhattan as he too could easily change the course of his history via his power.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Impediment
Manhattan can control and manipulate matter. Superman, even with his demigod-like physiology enhanced by Earth's yellow sun, is matter. Manhattan can literally de-atomize Superman.

Manhattan could also create Kyrptonite out of thin air, just like he made a glass castle out of Martian sand and created cold water and milk for Laurie to drink while flying around Mars.

Superman might be light speed/FTL and could potentially vaporize Manhattan, but Manhattan would just re-create himself and split into multiple bodies like did for his scientific research while banging Laurie in the bedroom.

Manhattan also has precog; He can see his own future. Unless Superman has some tachyons in his back pocket, then Manhattan will already have the advantage. Exactly. The idea that Superman even wins 1 fight out of 10 is silly. Manhattan completely out-trumps Reevesman here.

TethAdamTheRock
Manhatten creates a nuclear explosion inside his lungs

Kotor3

Kotor3
Manhattan>>>>>>Reevesman. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

TethAdamTheRock
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. No they're not.

Kotor3

Manhattan also has precog; He can see his own future. Unless Superman has some tachyons in his back pocket, then Manhattan will already have the advantage. The key sentence that you stated is Superman's demi-god-like physiology. Matter he may be but nothing like Manhattan has seen before. The movie clearly shows that Manhattan does not know everything and has to learn. If he did he would have stop Rorschach's journal from being found and other things that happen in that movie.

There is no reason to believe that Dr. Manhattan has any knowledge of Kryptonite and how to form it. Even if Superman atoms could be effected by Manhattan, to say it would be instant with no feat from Manhattan remotely showing him doing so to something that can compare to Superman is a very big assumption especially since Superman would constantly heal.

A better assumption would be that Superman would use Kryptonian tech to find a way to subdue or trap Dr. Manhattan since tech like the Phantom zone shows that Kryptonians had knowledge of inter-dimensional technology.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Silent Master
I realize it makes Superman sound more powerful to say that he broke through time and space, but really all he did was fly really fast. so let's not pretend that the feat was more than it was.

It's like arguing that Cris Johnson(Nic Cage) was more powerful than Dr Manhattan as he too could easily change the course of his history via his power. What is force? Velocity times weight.

Speed is power, or at least a facet. The fact that Superman's feats of physical strength are also beyond any showing of power Manhattan has supports my claim that Superman is, in fact, more powerful than Manhattan. He'd still lose the fight with CIS on (which IIRC it is by default).

Also, I don't know who the **** Cris Johnson is.

NemeBro

Manhattan also has precog; He can see his own future. Unless Superman has some tachyons in his back pocket, then Manhattan will already have the advantage. Manhattan couldn't create Kryptonite because he doesn't know what Kryptonite's chemical composition is. He'd have to have seen it before. Manhattan isn't omniscient, not even close.

Silent Master
So Star Trek shuttles are hundreds if not thousands of times more powerful than Superman?

carver9
Manhattan stomps

CPT Space Bomb
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You make a thread, pretty much EVERYONE tells you that Manhattan wins; and you REFUSE to accept it. Sorry champ; you lose.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Silent Master
So Star Trek shuttles are hundreds if not thousands of times more powerful than Superman? I don't know about Star Trek (never watched), but to use the example of Star Wars, despite their massively FTL capabilities, they achieve this in a way that is inapplicable to combat.

Now, if you were to tell me that these ships could, say, withstand ramming another ship at massively FTL speed, then yeah, they realistically would be.

NemeBro
You make a thread, pretty much EVERYONE tells you that Manhattan wins; and you REFUSE to accept it. Sorry champ; you lose. He may have lost, but you did not win.

Time-Immemorial
It doesn't matter. Manhattan wins..

quanchi112
He always is according to you. Should Hebe stripped of yes Herald status? Even in the comics? What status ? Can you prove this is official ?

Tattoos N Scars
What status ? Can you prove this is official ?

Superman is herald level on these boards, except to you. You downplay his powers here and in the comic vs forum. Your view of Superman is somewhere between street level and low meta. Since you believe that, you are not qualified to post in any Superman thread.

quanchi112
Superman is herald level on these boards, except to you. You downplay his powers here and in the comic vs forum. Your view of Superman is somewhere between street level and low meta. Since you believe that, you are not qualified to post in any Superman thread. I do not downplay his power level. He is a peer to Thor, Hulk, etc. so at least be accurate.

Kotor3
You make a thread, pretty much EVERYONE tells you that Manhattan wins; and you REFUSE to accept it. Sorry champ; you lose. Nice jump on the bandwagon because you can't come up with a decent argument to support your claim.

Your concession is accepted.

Time-Immemorial
So how does SM beat him without going back in time. giving that Manhattan can see his past and future and will stop this.

quanchi112
Nice jump on the bandwagon because you can't come up with a decent argument to support your claim.

Your concession is accepted. Manhole covers hurt the guy and he was unable to beat three Knians without depowering them. Make sense, k.

Time-Immemorial
I think Kortor is a troll

quanchi112
I think Kortor is a troll A dumb one too.

Kotor3
So how does SM beat him without going back in time. giving that Manhattan can see his past and future and will stop this. When you are able to make one decent argument then I will explain how Superman's wins. Until then I'll leave you with quanchi112 so the both of you can continue to discuss who is a troll and who isn't.

quanchi112
When you are able to make one decent argument then I will explain how Superman's wins. Until then I'll leave you with quanchi112 so the both of you can continue to discuss who is a troll and who isn't. Lets see this through. How does Superman win when he was unable to best Knians through sheer power. What makes Manhattan easier to best despite the fact he can make copies and has more formidable powers than Knians.

Kotor3
Lets see this through. How does Superman win when he was unable to best Knians through sheer power. What makes Manhattan easier to best despite the fact he can make copies and has more formidable powers than Knians. You are such an idiot dying for attention. For entertainment purposes, please name one power that Dr. Manhattan has that is more formidable?

quanchi112
You are such an idiot dying for attention. For entertainment purposes, please name one power that Dr. Manhattan has that is more formidable? Control over matter on a subatomic level. Now your turn.

steverules_2
Would Manhattan be able to blow up superman like he did Rorschach? I mean I know Rorschach is just a normal human being so there's a huge difference since superman is bullet proof and all

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
Would Manhattan be able to blow up superman like he did Rorschach? I mean I know Rorschach is just a normal human being so there's a huge difference since superman is bullet proof and all If someone has control over matter on a subatomic level what do you think ?

Kotor3
Control over matter on a subatomic level. Now your turn. To what extent? So, moving faster than light and thought as well as the ability to open a time vortex and manipulate time without the use of a machine does not have any effect over matter on a subatomic level?

Yes, I am saying that Superman would have to have control to an extent over matter at the subatomic level in order to perform that feat.

steverules_2
If someone has control over matter on a subatomic level what do you think ?

Well if someone hasn't seen the film for a while what do you think? I don't remember much of the film or the details

quanchi112
To what extent? So, moving faster than light and thought as well as the ability to open a time vortex and manipulate time without the use of a machine does not have any effect over matter on a subatomic level?

Yes, I am saying that Superman would have to have control to an extent over matter at the subatomic level in order to perform that feat. He can see through time and Auperman never once did that in combat. These threads are about them facing each other not one guy rage quitting over his dead gf he wasn't fast enough to save. You are taking one feat out of context against a guy who has demonstrated these powers in a combat setting.

No, he just flew really fast. His powers don't work that way, sport. You're basically trolling and doing a very poor job at it.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
Manhattan couldn't create Kryptonite because he doesn't know what Kryptonite's chemical composition is. He'd have to have seen it before. Manhattan isn't omniscient, not even close. Actually, Nemes right. Manhattan isn't omniscient. He wouldn't be able to make Kryptonite on the fly if he doesn't know about it.

Still, no chance for Reeves. He cant put down Manhattan in any way, whereas Manhattan still has plenty of options for putting him down.

Kotor3
He can see through time and Auperman never once did that in combat. These threads are about them facing each other not one guy rage quitting over his dead gf he wasn't fast enough to save. You are taking one feat out of context against a guy who has demonstrated these powers in a combat setting.

No, he just flew really fast. His powers don't work that way, sport. You're basically trolling and doing a very poor job at it. Perhaps I don't recall when did Dr. Manhattan seeing through time help him in combat? As far as I know it didn't help him from seeing Verdit's attack plan nor his master plan at the end. Neither was Dr. Manhattan able to see that peace between the nations would not last since Rorschach's journal was found by a journalist. In fact the it was Rorschach who warn his comrades (Dr. Manhattan) of what was happening and Dr. Manhattan with all his fore-sight ignored him.

In Superman II in combat at his fortress he move so fast it was as if he was transporting. Superman has used his speed in combat.

As for going fast he flew faster than light. Nice how you try to make light of that fact. Pretty much that is impossible to do with the mass that his body carries. There is no way that his body is not affected at the sub-atomic level while performing that feat. Then cause a time vortex.

Superman has taken away memories with a kiss. You know memories reside in the brain. Another example of him having control of matter.

As I stated before, Dr. Manhattan has shown he can be attack with all his fore-sight.

Superman can use the phantom zone as a means of attack. Since he has shown the ability to enter a time vortex or area of space where time does not move and manipulate it, he may be able to attack or form an attack on Dr. Manhattan in this realm.

For the record I have no problem with Superman losing this fight. I do have a problem with bandwagon trolls like you and some others coming in this thread with no feats or argument to back up any claims except that Dr. Manhattan can manipulate matter and has foresight

Keep using the word troll since you can't make a argument for yourself.

quanchi112
Perhaps I don't recall when did Dr. Manhattan seeing through time help him in combat? As far as I know it didn't help him from seeing Verdit's attack plan nor his master plan at the end. Neither was Dr. Manhattan able to see that peace between the nations would not last since Rorschach's journal was found by a journalist. In fact the it was Rorschach who warn his comrades (Dr. Manhattan) of what was happening and Dr. Manhattan with all his fore-sight ignored him.

In Superman II in combat at his fortress he move so fast it was as if he was transporting. Superman has used his speed in combat.

As for going fast he flew faster than light. Nice how you try to make light of that fact. Pretty much that is impossible to do with the mass that his body carries. There is no way that his body is not affected at the sub-atomic level while performing that feat. Then cause a time vortex.

Superman has taken away memories with a kiss. You know memories reside in the brain. Another example of him having control of matter.

As I stated before, Dr. Manhattan has shown he can be attack with all his fore-sight.

Superman can use the phantom zone as a means of attack. Since he has shown the ability to enter a time vortex or area of space where time does not move and manipulate it, he may be able to attack or form an attack on Dr. Manhattan in this realm.

For the record I have no problem with Superman losing this fight. I do have a problem with bandwagon trolls like you and some others coming in this thread with no feats or argument to back up any claims except that Dr. Manhattan can manipulate matter and has foresight

Keep using the word troll since you can't make a argument for yourself. He was busy with his own agenda. Superman in no way uses time manipulation to defeat any foe in combat. He isn't fast enough to save his skank and then uses it to reverse time. So what ?

So u guess based off that ridiculous sort of logic Harry Potter wizards just based off memory manipulation have subatomic matter manipulation comparable to Manhattan. I guess you believe Superman will kiss Manhattan to victory for ****s sake you clown.

He wins based off his feats, powers, and abilities. Superman was getting hurt being hit by a manhole cover and tossed into a Coke sign. This is how he handles himself in combat. Manhattan can make copies of himself and reform. Superman is ****ed. There was nothing in the Watchmen film that could stop Manhattan once he stormed onto the scene. He agreed it was necessary. There was no stopping him.

Kotor3
He was busy with his own agenda. Superman in no way uses time manipulation to defeat any foe in combat. He isn't fast enough to save his skank and then uses it to reverse time. So what ?

So u guess based off that ridiculous sort of logic Harry Potter wizards just based off memory manipulation have subatomic matter manipulation comparable to Manhattan. I guess you believe Superman will kiss Manhattan to victory for ****s sake you clown.

He wins based off his feats, powers, and abilities. Superman was getting hurt being hit by a manhole cover and tossed into a Coke sign. This is how he handles himself in combat. Manhattan can make copies of himself and reform. Superman is ****ed. There was nothing in the Watchmen film that could stop Manhattan once he stormed onto the scene. He agreed it was necessary. There was no stopping him. Excuses for Dr. Manhattan. Still, you fail to show any combat related feats where Dr. Manhattan foresight assisted him. As for Superman he forgot about Lois because he was busy saving everyone else. It had nothing to do with his speed.

I never said Superman had the same control over matter as Dr. Manhattan but he does have control is the point and I proved it. As for you comment concerning time manipulation, we can say there are many things that Superman does not do in combat because he is always holding back. A fact about his character. It doesn't mean he cannot. What is Dr. Manhattan's excuse?

Dr. Manhattan can manipulate matter but didn't cure his ex-girlfriend of cancer. Nor did he try. You have no feats to show any matter manipulation that could hurt or be of serious damage to Superman. Or feats to show that Dr. Manhattan can manipulate Superman's matter.

Clayface and Mystique can manipulate their matter. Unless you can show the extent to which Dr. Manhattan can manipulate matter you have nothing but assumptions.

Time-Immemorial
Manhattan built a crystal structure out of ground while in the ground of mars and pulled it from its depths.

Manhattan was changing matter, like turning steel to glass when he was working on his project.

Manhattan instantly repaired a broken tv screen as if it never happened.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Actually, Nemes right. Manhattan isn't omniscient. He wouldn't be able to make Kryptonite on the fly if he doesn't know about it.

Still, no chance for Reeves. He cant put down Manhattan in any way, whereas Manhattan still has plenty of options for putting him down.

He would know about it though. They both start with general knowledge of the other. It's common knowledge Superman has a weakness to Kryptonite. Once DM knows that, he would acquire some and then what?

quanchi112
Excuses for Dr. Manhattan. Still, you fail to show any combat related feats where Dr. Manhattan foresight assisted him. As for Superman he forgot about Lois because he was busy saving everyone else. It had nothing to do with his speed.

I never said Superman had the same control over matter as Dr. Manhattan but he does have control is the point and I proved it. As for you comment concerning time manipulation, we can say there are many things that Superman does not do in combat because he is always holding back. A fact about his character. It doesn't mean he cannot. What is Dr. Manhattan's excuse?

Dr. Manhattan can manipulate matter but didn't cure his ex-girlfriend of cancer. Nor did he try. You have no feats to show any matter manipulation that could hurt or be of serious damage to Superman. Or feats to show that Dr. Manhattan can manipulate Superman's matter.

Clayface and Mystique can manipulate their matter. Unless you can show the extent to which Dr. Manhattan can manipulate matter you have nothing but assumptions. So you say Manhattan being busy doesn't matter but then cite the same excuse for Superman. He tried to get to her I time and failed. Yes, it did.

No, and since you already conceded the point it isn't necessary to beat the dead horse. That isn't combat applicable but we did see what powers he had in combat. Superman was manipulated by Knite and quite easily.

Can they manipulate over people's matter like Manhattan did ?

Kotor3
So you say Manhattan being busy doesn't matter but then cite the same excuse for Superman. He tried to get to her I time and failed. Yes, it did.

No, and since you already conceded the point it isn't necessary to beat the dead horse. That isn't combat applicable but we did see what powers he had in combat. Superman was manipulated by Knite and quite easily.

Can they manipulate over people's matter like Manhattan did ? As usual you did not address my comments. As I stated previously, Dr. Manhattan was one of the first people who Rorschach informed that something was wrong and he flat out ignored him. Then he had to be convince again. There is absolutely no comparison between the two situations.

Superman tried after he realized he forgot her. You trying to make it a speed issue is hilarious. Kryptonite and a Star on the only things that manipulate Superman's matter.

So unless Dr. Manhattan can change the Sun to red or build Kryptonite, your point is mute. As for Kryptonite, Dr. Manhattan would have to build a radioactive material (from a red sun) from a plant that no longer exist. Since he did not cure his ex-girlfriend cancer, I have my doubts about his radioactive abilities.

To be clear, Dr. Manhattan has only manipulated matter. He has never created matter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.