Kylo Ren's Mind Trick on Rey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
I was curious about Kylo Ren's mind trick. I'm aware that he is able to read into the minds of people but was there any way that he could have gotten into their minds while they were asleep or unconscious? Just because the individual is in one of those two states wouldn't mean that the brain is dead. I'm saying this because if he could then would it have been easier to get the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker in that state where she would have had the least amount of resistance to him as she was awake?

red8
Perhaps he could, but out of universe that would make Kylo look even more like an awkward creep and it would be less interesting to watch than to see Rey accomplish what Poe could not.

JediRobin23
What was the point of reading Rey's mind anyway? She seen the map but it was incomplete and full of Stars scattered everywhere. Kylo knew she seen the map visually, but she never interpreted it. Mistake by Kylo to take Rey instead of going after bb8 on Takodana? Probably. When Kylo read her mind initially, he should have read that it was incomplete and useless anyway....plot hole messa thinks....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.