Debating Tier List

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
How would you rank debaters in terms of sheer intellectual firepower?

IMHO:

Full power hewhoknowsall
Bill Clinton
Cicero

The Ellimist
Kuroneko

Ben Sprung-Keyser
Master Han
Mike Wong
Curtis Saxton
Publius
Leo1
Tempest (kidding aside I think he's > Gideon)

Gideon
Advent
Caseiden
Master Han (teenager)

Carthage
JKbart
Silver

Nai
Lucien

Darkstar

SW_Legend
Nebaris
AncientPower
Darth Ant

Neph no expression

No differences between entries without spaces, obviously a very incomplete list.

NewGuy01
Tempest>Gideon? Is that supposed to be a joke?

Syndicate
Where am I wise one?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Tempest>Gideon? Is that supposed to be a joke?

Tempest can control his analytical storms, I don't think the original Gideon could.

Syndicate
https://d.wattpad.com/story_parts/193/images/143068bf65422d15.gif

Emperordmb
Gideon>Temp

I feel like he actually made more of an effort to debate back then.

FreshestSlice
Nah, you're just biased because he said Kas'im could defeat Sidious in sabers.

The Ellimist
Indeed, Gideon would be considered pro-ancient by 2016 standards.

The_Tempest
No doubt that my interest and patience for wall-of-text debates diminished pretty significantly in the past 5 years.

Silver still crafts 5 pages rebuttals, as does Nai.

Some people never lose their passion for it.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Gideon>Temp

I feel like he actually made more of an effort to debate back then.

The_Tempest
Well, either one is still a lot better than either of you two tbh. stoned

The Ellimist
90% of the time there are like 2 or 3 key arguments that a debate can be settled with.

The_Tempest
You'll find now that, moreso than ever, debates around here are never settled.

The Ellimist
Were they ever?

On a separate note, I wish our respective idols, Mike Wong and Publius, had a debate.

The_Tempest
I think people were more likely to see a concession 5-7 years ago.

The Ellimist
Did Janus ever see the light?

The_Tempest
In which respect?

I don't think he ever conceded that Palpatine was the strongest Sith, no. He certainly conceded that Palpatine was a lot stronger than he'd originally pegged him, though.

The Ellimist
Palpatine's supremacy (EDIT: oh)

The_Tempest
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I don't think he ever conceded that Palpatine was the strongest Sith, no. He certainly conceded that Palpatine was a lot stronger than he'd originally pegged him, though.

Nah.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I don't think either of you two have seen the true light of Valkorion tbh smile

The Ellimist
Is SW_Legend this generation's Gideon?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No lmfao.

The_Tempest
How serendipitous. Speaking of concession: the last one I remember is the one Skillz gave me when he bent the knee some months back.

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Is SW_Legend this generation's Gideon?

That's definitely an insult to Gideon.

The Ellimist

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How serendipitous. Speaking of concession: the last one I remember is the one Skillz gave me when he bent the knee some months back.

That's definitely an insult to Gideon.

I need not waver from the greatness that is GGkorion. smile

The Ellimist

The Ellimist
Sidious 66 imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Gideon and established his own rule over KMC. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful vs. debater the internet had ever known.

carthage
Sidious died of hay fever

The Ellimist
^ wait really?

Fated Xtasy
I found a quote for Tempest!

Outcast, and alone, Fated Xtasy turned to a long forgotten and desolate place. In a chatzy, he spoke to his friend, Lord Sinious, a well learned and charming man, wise beyond his years.

"Cast the bonds that bind you into the void." Sinious had adviced him. "Cast them out and you will find what you seek"

Fated Xtasy stared at him in utter confusion. "But where do I begin?"

"He will goad a fool into answering a question two days from now, meet him there, speak to him and you will find what you seek"

With that, Fated Xtasy waited, and saw Sinious' prediction come true...

Now he stood in front of the legendary debater, of the myth.

"Fated Xtasy...is it?" The Master asked.

"Yes, Lord Tempest." Fated Xtasy could scarcely believe that the Master had acknowledged him.

"I have granted you this audience.....Fated Xtasy.. in hopes that I might enlighten your view of this... hobby." The Tempest spoke, his voice thundered through the halls of Palace. "Tell me, what is it you seek?"

Fated Xtasy gulped, intimidated by the power the man oozed. "Knowledge." He stammered out. "Lord Sinious, Sidious66, and even trolls speak highly of you, Mi Lord."

"And?"

"I..." Fated Xtasy inhaled and exhaled, it took all of his power to resist the urge to blurt out his request. "I wish to learn from you."

The Tempest laughed maniacally, his amused cackle almost scared Fated Xtasy. "Learn? What could you learn from me?"

"Everything there is to know, Master." Fated Xtasy knelt down and brought his forehead down to the floor. "You are the heart of debating, Mi Lord: in your wake all fan boys die, all baseless speculations are debunked, and Emperor Palpatine remains a god. My Lord, you are preeminent in your power. I beg of you, teach me your ways!"

-KMC Tales: Legacy of the Master.(by Matthew Stover)

Aurbere
Matthew Stover? Awful lot of missing hyperbole there, boo.

Fated Xtasy
No, no, no: you must be confusing him with Drew, buddy.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
"I'm not sure why you're seeking knowledge from a corpse," replied Tempest.

The Ellimist
You dare blaspheme The Shadow?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's the shadow of a corpse, lel.

FreshestSlice
LeGenD is Gideon though. Both lead this forum, just ask him.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
No, no, no: you must be confusing him with Drew, buddy.

I don't know about you, but I remember Stover heavily indulging in hyperbole and metaphors in the ROTS novel.

But at least his isn't crude, unlike Drew's. You'd probably have burst into flames or something if Drew had written that. stick out tongue

PS. Hisies

The Ellimist
Stover is a genius. Drew is a wannabe.

Aurbere
thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
GGkorion oneshots Stover

Aurbere
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
GGkorion oneshots Stover

You know Valky isn't real, right? He's not a real person. That's like saying I had tea with Winnie the Pooh. Okay?

We're just worried about you, is all. smile

FreshestSlice
You can't have tea with Pooh because he's in the Smithsonian. You can't prove Valkorion isn't real.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up smile

Aurbere
Feels like something Beni would say to me...

Sinious
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
I found a quote for Tempest!

Outcast, and alone, Fated Xtasy turned to a long forgotten and desolate place. In a chatzy, he spoke to his friend, Lord Sinious, a well learned and charming man, wise beyond his years.

"Cast the bonds that bind you into the void." Sinious had adviced him. "Cast them out and you will find what you seek"

Fated Xtasy stared at him in utter confusion. "But where do I begin?"

"He will goad a fool into answering a question two days from now, meet him there, speak to him and you will find what you seek"

With that, Fated Xtasy waited, and saw Sinious' prediction come true...

Now he stood in front of the legendary debater, of the myth.

"Fated Xtasy...is it?" The Master asked.

"Yes, Lord Tempest." Fated Xtasy could scarcely believe that the Master had acknowledged him.

"I have granted you this audience.....Fated Xtasy.. in hopes that I might enlighten your view of this... hobby." The Tempest spoke, his voice thundered through the halls of Palace. "Tell me, what is it you seek?"

Fated Xtasy gulped, intimidated by the power the man oozed. "Knowledge." He stammered out. "Lord Sinious, Sidious66, and even trolls speak highly of you, Mi Lord."

"And?"

"I..." Fated Xtasy inhaled and exhaled, it took all of his power to resist the urge to blurt out his request. "I wish to learn from you."

The Tempest laughed maniacally, his amused cackle almost scared Fated Xtasy. "Learn? What could you learn from me?"

"Everything there is to know, Master." Fated Xtasy knelt down and brought his forehead down to the floor. "You are the heart of debating, Mi Lord: in your wake all fan boys die, all baseless speculations are debunked, and Emperor Palpatine remains a god. My Lord, you are preeminent in your power. I beg of you, teach me your ways!"

-KMC Tales: Legacy of the Master.(by Matthew Stover) 10/10 writing. +2 points personally from me for managing to behave throughout the fanfic.

FreshestSlice
Not sure why, since you're two-faced as ****.

Lord Stark
How would you rank debaters in terms of sheer intellectual firepower?

IMHO:

Full power hewhoknowsall/ Lord Stark
Bill Clinton
Cicero

The Ellimist
Kuroneko

Ben Sprung-Keyser
Master Han
Mike Wong
Curtis Saxton
Publius
Leo1
Tempest (kidding aside I think he's > Gideon)

Gideon
Advent
Caseiden
Master Han (teenager)

Carthage
JKbart
Silver

Nai
Lucien

Darkstar

SW_Legend
Nebaris
AncientPower
Darth Ant

Neph no expression

No differences between entries without spaces, obviously a very incomplete list.

Fixed

The Ellimist

carthage
DMB should be as low as Neph

The Ellimist
Neph is defined as the reference zero.

Sinious
Pretty sure he is still above youOriginally posted by FreshestSlice
Not sure why, since you're two-faced as ****. Being two-faced is nothing compared to Xtasy.

The Ellimist
Carthage may have done to Bane what Gideon did to the ancients.

Darth Abonis
What's your deal with comparing intelligences and talking about it constantly. Do YOU have a really high IQ?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
What's your deal with comparing intelligences and talking about it constantly. Do YOU have a really high IQ?

I'm just worshiping and emulating His Majesty, The Shadow, the Power Incarnate, my Lord Gideon, of course.

Emperordmb
I'm just worshiping and emulating His Majesty, The Shadow, the Power Incarnate, my Lord Gideon, of course.
LMFAO

The_Tempest
It's strange but heartwarming to see people so enamored with Gideon after all this time.

Nephthys
Carthage may have done to Bane what Gideon did to the ancients.

Lightsnake was more of a factor in that actually iirc.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lightsnake was more of a factor in that actually iirc.

LS was the first one to really push Sheevism, no doubt. He purified Gideon's sight.

Col. Valerian
Gideon sucked ballz tbh.

The_Tempest
http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/i-like-you-1442361122.gif

Emperordmb
That beard is glorious.

The_Tempest
Dooku's is better tbh.

Col. Valerian
http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/i-like-you-1442361122.gif

https://38.media.tumblr.com/f6793026b3d9c5314e46049f28a3e520/tumblr_inline_o48s8rQ1fo1t6lirn_500.gif

Lawlz, that's the thing. I can abuse your liking of me.

which is more like loving me tbh

The_Tempest
goddamn look at Selena there.

Col. Valerian
goddamn look at Selena there.

And she's eating.

Trocity
What a fatty.

Selenial
Caseiden

May he rest in peace.

The Ellimist
Move Carthage down a tier or two.

McP
Darth Power, Lord Stark, Carthage, Stigma, Newguy, Silver (from CV) should be among the best. There are many others though.

|King Joker|
Lol @ Stigma

FreshestSlice
Stigma, who literally quit the forum over a debate he should have had in the bag.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
His list also conveniently hosts PT wankers only. smile

ILS
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Stigma, who literally quit the forum over a debate he should have had in the bag. What one kek?

FreshestSlice
Ant asked him to a single debate: Him and Sitma, 1-v-1, Dooku-v-Revan, sabers only. Stigma left the forum for three days, came back for a day, everyone asked him whether he was chickening out, and then he just disappeared forever.

ILS
I hope for his sake he an hero'd that day.

The Ellimist
laughing Who would feel intimidated by a one vs. one debate with Darth Ant?

The_Tempest
Where do you rank LeGenD, now that you've sparred with him?

The Ellimist
If you're asking me: I've sparred with him before, and...well, most of my OP is a joke, but his placement isn't.

NewGuy01
laughing Who would feel intimidated by a one vs. one debate with Darth Ant?

No, I can understand it. It wouldn't have as much to do with having to deal with intellectual genius as much as having to deal with unrelenting stubbornness, though.

FreshestSlice
It's v Dooku and Sabers-Only tho.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.