Kylo Ren vs. Luminara Unduli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
Can Kylo defeat the revered Jedi Master? Both Legends and Canon feats are allowed for Unduli. The novelization for The Force Awakens is also available for Ren.

Round 1: Lightsabers only
Round 2: Force only
Round 3: All out

Battle takes place in the forest outside of Maz Kanata's castle.

Syndicate
Nope.

Emperordmb
Maybe Kylo. If the dude's powerful enough to block lightsaber blades with his hands, strong enough to hold up a grown man, durable enough to keep fighting through a bowcaster shot, and skilled enough to drive an opponent with a greater ability to draw upon the force than himself while he's extremely injured, I'm honestly quite impressed with him.

Rebel95
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Maybe Kylo. If the dude's powerful enough to block lightsaber blades with his hands, strong enough to hold up a grown man, durable enough to keep fighting through a bowcaster shot, and skilled enough to drive an opponent with a greater ability to draw upon the force than himself while he's extremely injured, I'm honestly quite impressed with him.
thumb up He's very underrated

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Syndicate
Nope. Reasons? And do you think Luminara can take all of the three rounds?

Fated Xtasy
It's a toss up.

Kylo's supposedly strong enough to end a variety of Jedi(some personally, one would assume) via his prime.

And since his only dueling feat is whilst injured by a deadly af weapon, it's not really fair to judge how he lost to oneness!Rey

That said, he could have also lost to Oneness!Rey or won.

We'll never know either way.

As it is, Luminara in this composite light still has more exposure and more feats/accolades to her name than Kylo.

Not to mention a duel with Ventress.

Although he's underrated af, I gotta give it to Luminara because of her fight Asajj, speed and skill

Syndicate
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Reasons? And do you think Luminara can take all of the three rounds?

Superior combative force showings.

Should have superior technical skill.

Kylo might take sabers.

Emperordmb
I'd think Kylo has a better chance at force than sabers tbh

Syndicate
Nah.

SunRazer

In fairness, that person with greater ability had far less experience. But we can see Kylo's potential manifesting itself already, and with more experience and mastery he's going to be pretty deadly.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by SunRazer
In fairness, that person with greater ability had far less experience. But we can see Kylo's potential manifesting itself already, and with more experience and mastery he's going to be pretty deadly. Do you think Ren is capable of defeating Unduli at this stage?

SunRazer
Do you think Ren is capable of defeating Unduli at this stage?

Perhaps. We don't have anybody to directly measure Kylo's skill against - especially without the wound. So I'm not sure, but seeing how potential happens to be such a big player in SW, there's a pretty good chance that he could win.

TheIndyJedi
Kylo, Luminara ain't that impressive

Jaggarath
Thoughts on Kylo vs Savage, Indy?

TheIndyJedi
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Theoretically Kylo should win, but based on feats, Opress most likely atm.

Jaggarath
Sounds fair. Check PMs, BTW.

TheIndyJedi
Sounds fair. Check PMs, BTW.

Thanks mate

NTJack0
Nope, he's trash

CaveDude33211
Can Kylo defeat the revered Jedi Master? Both Legends and Canon feats are allowed for Unduli. The novelization for The Force Awakens is also available for Ren.

Round 1: Lightsabers only
Round 2: Force only
Round 3: All out

Battle takes place in the forest outside of Maz Kanata's castle.

Luminara Unduli can literally be blindfolded and kill Kylo Ren within one second, in one swing.

She also pretty much snaps Kylo's neck.

Zett Jukassa would also defeat Kylo with moderate difficulty in sabers.

I also see Jukassa likely defeating Kylo somehow through the Force.

HP Legend
Kylo lmao.

TheNuisanceBird

When did he block a saber with his bare hands?

TheNuisanceBird

Savage should stomp.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Luminara Unduli can literally be blindfolded and kill Kylo Ren within one second, in one swing.

She also pretty much snaps Kylo's neck.

Zett Jukassa would also defeat Kylo with moderate difficulty in sabers.

I also see Jukassa likely defeating Kylo somehow through the Force.

Lol Sad but true.

HP Legend
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
When did he block a saber with his bare hands?

TFA Novelization.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by HP Legend
TFA Novelization.

Damn. I did not know that.

Anyone have the passage?

HP Legend
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Damn. I did not know that.

Anyone have the passage?

The weapon went flying into the snow. Unarmed, he raised a hand and utilized the Force to fend off one slashing blow after another, until finally, her fury penetrated his remaining defences.

-The Force Awakens Novelization

Zenwolf

Darth Thor
^ Yeah, plus retconned by the movie version of events anyway.

HP Legend
Idk. It's worded quote vaguely so there's lots of room for personal interpretation as to what's actually going on. Don't ask me though I just remember someone posting the quote in an old thread and decided to post it here cause TheNuisanceBird was asking about it.

HP Legend
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Yeah, plus retconned by the movie version of events anyway.

Does Disney even abide by that canon policy though? IIRC there's a quote saying all versions of events are on equal footing in regards to canon policy.

victreebelvictr
Unduli should win, Ren didn't show much to compete against her IMO.

TheNuisanceBird
Well Ventress in TCW was able to use direct Dooku's lightsaber away. It's unclear if it was TK or Tutaminus.

Either way it would've made the snow fight a lot better.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HP Legend
Does Disney even abide by that canon policy though? IIRC there's a quote saying all versions of events are on equal footing in regards to canon policy.

No the films definitely take precedence, as proven by Poe having already met Rey in the TFA Novel being retconned by their scene in TLJ.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.