Current Black Panther Vs Initial Appearance Cheetah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://nerdist.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/23comics-1-superJumbo-cf745.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
Neutral jungle setting.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78486/3360667-4198561355-27121.jpg

SquallX
She breaks Panther in 2.

Her senses are heighten enough to tag Flash, her magic is strong enough to break Kal's skin with her teeth, powerful enough to fight Diana.

She takes this with a perfect majority.

cdtm
Initial? So what, the Cheetah from the 1940's?

riv6672
^^^New 52, as pictured.

Vanguard
Panther

deathslash
Originally posted by Vanguard
Panther should get stomped on. He's not equipped for this sort of fight and she's way out of his league.

abhilegend
Panther
laughing out loud

riv6672
Yeah, i'd read here in passing he'd gotten even more amps lately. Figured i'd try this cat fight.

the Darkone
Cheetah is in WW league per say, as where Panther is Cap level thats it and that's not enough to fight WW rogue

DarkSaint85
Cheetah skins him.

Vanguard
Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, i'd read here in passing he'd gotten even more amps lately. Figured i'd try this cat fight.

Yeah. His new amps are actually really good. He can take whatever momentum you strike him with and turn it back on you.

Surtur
Originally posted by SquallX
her magic is strong enough to break Kal's skin with her teeth.

Why is hurting Superman of all people with magic a noteworthy feat?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur
Why is hurting Superman of all people with magic a noteworthy feat?

He's not weak against magic.

riv6672
^^^cow crap laughing

riv6672
Yeah. His new amps are actually really good. He can take whatever momentum you strike him with and turn it back on you.
Really? That might actually be helpful against a speedster like Cheetah.

Surtur
Originally posted by Sin I AM
He's not weak against magic.

So they just completely got rid of that aspect of his character? Strange.

ShadowFyre

Apparently, and they gave it to Hyperion.

Oh, and Cheetah 10/10

riv6672
Hilarious.

Vanguard
Originally posted by the Darkone
Cheetah is in WW league per say, as where Panther is Cap level thats it and that's not enough to fight WW rogue

He's beyond Cap level in the Vibranium suit.

abhilegend
Nope.

Surtur
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Apparently, and they gave it to Hyperion.

Oh, and Cheetah 10/10

I see, I was just making sure someone wasn't getting hung up on the wording used. True he's not weak to magic like he is kryptonite, but there are definitely versions of Superman that can't handle magic as well as other things.

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nope. yes, he is. It doesn't change the outcome of this fight, but he's beyond cap these days.

abhilegend
Got any proof of such BS?

Sin I AM

Forum myth. He's never been weak to magic. It's just not his thing.

Oh and cheetah decimates BP. He is getting some Lord Rand level Wankage lately and he's not even that good.

Surtur
Forum myth. He's never been weak to magic. It's just not his thing.

Oh and cheetah decimates BP. He is getting some Lord Rand level Wankage lately and he's not even that good.

He flat out doesn't handle magic as well as other things. Call that whatever you want..a weakness, vulnerability, whatever. Also the "myth" thing is by no means something that originated on this forum.

There is no way this isn't true. Like when Superman fought Etrigan and got hit with magical fire. It didn't burn him, but he actually felt the heat, etc. when he wouldn't experience that with normal fire.

Likewise, especially magical weapons are not "his thing". He's been easily cut by magical daggers, etc.

So no matter how you spin it or what wording you use..piercing his skin with a magic enhanced weapon isn't that impressive. It would be infinitely more impressive if his skin was pierced because the person was just that damn strong.

Sin I AM
He flat out doesn't handle magic as well as other things. Call that whatever you want..a weakness, vulnerability, whatever. Also the "myth" thing is by no means something that originated on this forum.

There is no way this isn't true. Like when Superman fought Etrigan and got hit with magical fire. It didn't burn him, but he actually felt the heat, etc. when he wouldn't experience that with normal fire.

Likewise, especially magical weapons are not "his thing". He's been easily cut by magical daggers, etc.

So no matter how you spin it or what wording you use..piercing his skin with a magic enhanced weapon isn't that impressive. It would be infinitely more impressive if his skin was pierced because the person was just that damn strong.

Can you show me where it'd been stated that (in dialogue or writer narrative ) that Clark is "weak" against magic more so than any other non magic entity.

Surtur
Can you show me where it'd been stated that (in dialogue or writer narrative ) that Clark is "weak" against magic more so than any other non magic entity.

We don't need a statement, we just can go by what we see. I never said he was weaker then some non magic being, what I said was he doesn't handle magic as well as he does non-magical attacks.

To which that actually isn't debatable and it's not something someone needs to say on panel because we just have a variety of examples of it. Normal fire wouldn't burn Superman or cause him any kind of discomfort, he wouldn't feel it. He felt the heat of the magic fire. Now of course a normal person would be killed by magical fire.

The "myth" as you call it is that magic affects Superman just like it does a normal person. That is not the case at all, normal people can't survive magical lightning or fire. But on the other hand magical lightning or fire has more of an effect on him then fire or lightning from a non-magical source.

But when it comes to mystical weapons it seems they *do* pierce his skin just as easily as it would any normal person. Which is why hurting him with a magically enhanced weapon isn't really noteworthy. What would be impressive is hurting him because you're just that damn strong.

Also remember: you agree with me. You just worded it differently. Acknowledging magic isn't his "thing" is more or less saying he doesn't handle magic as well as he does other kinds of attacks.

Sin I AM
We don't need a statement, we just can go by what we see. I never said he was weaker then some non magic being, what I said was he doesn't handle magic as well as he does non-magical attacks.

To which that actually isn't debatable and it's not something someone needs to say on panel because we just have a variety of examples of it. Normal fire wouldn't burn Superman or cause him any kind of discomfort, he wouldn't feel it. He felt the heat of the magic fire. Now of course a normal person would be killed by magical fire.

The "myth" as you call it is that magic affects Superman just like it does a normal person. That is not the case at all, normal people can't survive magical lightning or fire. But on the other hand magical lightning or fire has more of an effect on him then fire or lightning from a non-magical source.

But when it comes to mystical weapons it seems they *do* pierce his skin just as easily as it would any normal person. Which is why hurting him with a magically enhanced weapon isn't really noteworthy. What would be impressive is hurting him because you're just that damn strong.

Also remember: you agree with me. You just worded it differently. Acknowledging magic isn't his "thing" is more or less saying he doesn't handle magic as well as he does other kinds of attacks.

I don't like your wording because it implicates a vulnerability. A knife blessed with divine magic to be able to slice atoms is just that. Superman isn't immune to divine magic so he isn't gonna tank that knife. He's gonna get cut.

Sin I AM
Magic as a prefix to anything. A magic hammer, sword, potion, etc implicates it's more powerful than whatever it initially is.

DarkSaint85
Definitely has been alluded to.

http://i.imgur.com/s5e0HNO.jpg

I know, Abhi will rush in to defend his Lord and Saviour, and talk about how that was an incredibly powerful blast nonetheless bla bla...but Superman's words are very telling.

And then there's the teeth showing. Superman was being shredded by, what was called old crone teeth.

Their magical nature MUST have made them more durable/sharper/whatever. Otherwise, Ma Kent could just bite him.

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

I know, Abhi will rush in to defend his Lord and Saviour, and talk about how that was an incredibly powerful blast nonetheless bla bla...but Superman's words are very telling.

And then there's the teeth showing. Superman was being shredded by, what was called old crone teeth.

Their magical nature MUST have made them more durable/sharper/whatever. Otherwise, Ma Kent could just bite him.
My stance for YEARS was, Superman wasnt explicitly weak to magic, that it just affected him like anyone else, but, since he was SO powerful, it seemed like a big deal when it did.
I changed my mind though, due to over whelming evidence presented by good debaters.

Superman. Is weak. To magic.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

What showing

DarkSaint85
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/14/146504/2901189-superman_v_magic_jld1_2011_003.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Lightsinner collecting the ownage scans just to use them for a thread like this, lol

#savage

And pretty efficient. Keep it up, you Asian, you thumb up

riv6672
Nooice! thumb up

EcstaticGrace

Vulnerable and Weak are to different things.

Superman is weak to Kryptonite

Magic he's vulnerable to.

riv6672
Valid, if somewhat semantic point.

If the end result is Superman getting hurt, thats what matters.
Its like some movie or TV show i recall where someone asks a vampire if a stake through the heart would kill him, and the vampire says that would pretty much kill anyone.

EcstaticGrace
Valid, if somewhat semantic point.

If the end result is Superman getting hurt, thats what matters.
Its like some movie or TV show i recall where someone asks a vampire if a stake through the heart would kill him, and the vampire says that would pretty much kill anyone.

Let's say magic paper same material as regular paper but magic nonetheless gave some regular human a paper cut do you think it would do the same to Superman?

The answer is no the magic has to be at a certain level for one to be unbearable to Clark and the second thing is just cause he can be hurt by it doesn't make him weak to anything to be magic based he still has an insane durability. If a writer wrote a Thor/Superman fight Clark would be taking hits from Mljonir that would kill Luke Cage (Example)

riv6672
Well, he's still Superman.
But look at it this way, if Thor were hitting him with a non magical hammer, the hits wouldnt affect him nearly as much.

NOT saying all vampires are created equal at Marvel & DC, i've seen Baron Blood damn near chip a tooth on Captain America's chain mail. A vampire has put the bite on Superman though, at least twice, that i can recall.

jrodslam
Magic is one of Superman's weaknesses. Its been established as a fact for decades. I dont know what forum myths there are, but Superman has 2 "weaknesses" Magic and K-nite.

Edit: Oh and red sunlight so theres 3.

riv6672
And fighting Batman. So, 4.

jrodslam
And fighting Batman. So, 4.

laughing out loud Touche.

EcstaticGrace
Well, he's still Superman.
But look at it this way, if Thor were hitting him with a non magical hammer, the hits wouldnt affect him nearly as much.

NOT saying all vampires are created equal at Marvel & DC, i've seen Baron Blood damn near chip a tooth on Captain America's chain mail. A vampire has put the bite on Superman though, at least twice, that i can recall.

I feel like blunt force hurts Superman all the same or it might depend on the writer for the most part but I do agree at times magical items will hurt him more then non magical items could but that's based on the writer.

I think being weak to Magic means he can be manipulated by it, transmutation, Arion was able to mind control him with it when Superman had Magic protection from Phantom Stranger. So I think it's more he can be effected by it rather then casually tank it.

Durability wise I'd put Superman over Shazam but when it comes to tanking something Magical visa versa.

riv6672
Fair enough! thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.