Best Telekinesis Feat in the Mythos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
What would be your pick?

Luke & Kyp's dovin basal manipulation
Luke lolnoping supermassive black hole (more of a defensive one but oh well)
Luke destroying Vader's fortress
Luke musing about ripping the hulls off of warships
Luke pinning Caedus to his chair
Bane bringing down a temple
Vitiate bringing down a temple
Palpatine musing about bringing down the imperial palace
Yoda TK'ing Sidious
Nihilus TK'ing a fleet out of Malachor
Tulak Hord bringing down a ship
Starkiller redirecting a falling star destroyer
etc.

Nephthys
Anakin choking out the Son and Daughter.

Followed by:

Dorsk 81 pushing a fleet of Star Destroyers out of a star system.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Nephthys
Anakin choking out the Son and Daughter.

Followed by:

Dorsk 81 pushing a fleet of Star Destroyers out of a star system.

Tbh.

The Ellimist
no expression Wouldn't have pushed Luke though.

JKBart
Revan ragdolling SoR strike team
Arcann ragdolling Outlander
Revan pushing back Vitiate
Galen TK'ing the Star Destroyer
Praxeum in the person of Dorsk 81 pushing the fleet

Darth Abonis
Wan't their someone who moved a moon out of orbit, but if not Dorsk 81

Syndicate
His name starts with Ban and ends with e.

The Ellimist
Bandon the Ultimate?

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Bandon the Ultimate?

Yus.

The Ellimist
tbh the dovin basal feat is overrated

Syndicate

100% agreed.

Emperordmb
Still better than Galen's star destroyer feat...

Jk Syn, you and Haggis will get to it when you get to it

hutchy1345
Darth bane moved a moon
Energy required to do so >>>>>> destroying a temple or destroying a fortress or capital ship
So bane >>>>> luke palpatine galen marek tulak hord and nihilus

ares834

How? If we actually quantify it, they are moving around planetary level masses. Of course, I don't like using real world physics for this kinda stuff but if you do...

Syndicate
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Still better than Galen's star destroyer feat...

Jk Syn, you and Haggis will get to it when you get to it

Eh I'm rethinking it. I don't like arguing against that stuff that's more opinionated ( which includes Zannah's sorcery and willpower btw ).

Haggis: One of the most powerful dovan basil had the gravity of a moon!

Haggis: Kyp manipulated one of the most powerful dovan basils.

Haggis: Ermagerd! Kyp is moon level.

Me: But... Just because one powerful dovan basil had moon level gravity doesn't mean the one Kyp manipulated did and aside from that is shifting around the mechanics of one of these dovan basils with the force really manipulating the entirety of the gravity it produces?

And then it goes back and forth because there's no definite answers for either.

Emperordmb
Is this why you haven't responded to me on CV?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ares834
How? If we actually quantify it, they are moving around planetary level masses. Of course, I don't like using real world physics for this kinda stuff but if you do...

Didn't Luke move around the dovin basals in a ground skirmish? The basils weren't even sucking up the surrounding area, at most they were absorbing some sub-kiloton torpedos and laser cannons.

Originally posted by hutchy1345
Darth bane moved a moon
Energy required to do so >>>>>> destroying a temple or destroying a fortress or capital ship
So bane >>>>> luke palpatine galen marek tulak hord and nihilus

Palpatine is a universe buster though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

thumb up and Luke had to hardcore focus and was very exhausted after the fact.

ares834
Didn't Luke move around the dovin basals in a ground skirmish? The basils weren't even sucking up the surrounding area, at most they were absorbing some sub-kiloton torpedos and laser cannons.

The Dovin Basils have the ability to have the gravity from their singularities target specific things somehow. Like when they use them to rip the shields of fighters.

ares834
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up and Luke had to hardcore focus and was very exhausted after the fact.

Yes. Moving around something as heavy as a planet is soooo easy.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

The Ellimist
The Dovin Basils have the ability to have the gravity from their singularities target specific things somehow. Like when they use them to rip the shields of fighters.

OK, but the ones Luke deals with don't seem to be planet movers. They can absorb ground-based weapons fire.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@ares I'd assumed the same thing Han did, I.E.

ares834
OK, but the ones Luke deals with don't seem to be planet movers. They can absorb ground-based weapons fire.

They are singularities. If you want to quantify it, even very small ones are as massive as a planet.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't like bringing real world physics into this. I merely look at it as an incredible feat and move on.

The Ellimist
They are singularities. If you want to quantify it, even very small ones are as massive as a planet.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't like bringing real world physics into this. I merely look at it as an incredible feat and move on.

no Where did you get the idea that all singularities are as massive as planets, lol?

ares834
Uh, where did I say that? Anyway, a singularity under a centimeter is as massive as Earth...

The Ellimist
These are "micro-singularities" that can sit on a planet and not do anything to it. They're probably incredibly microscopic. But it's been a while since I've read the books, so maybe they're described as being far larger.

ares834
IIRC they can actually see the hole itself. Which would imply they aren't actually microscopic.

NewGuy01

Luke musing about ripping the hulls off of warships

src? Iirc Sidious said something similar.

NewGuy01
As far as I can tell, these Dovin Basals resemble actual wormholes more than they resemble incredibly dense balls of mass.

The Ellimist

ares834
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As far as I can tell, these Dovin Basals resemble actual wormholes more than they resemble incredibly dense balls of mass.

They use gravity to pull objects in, compress stuff into virtually nothing, and are even called singularities...

Syndicate
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Is this why you haven't responded to me on CV?

Pretty much.

The Ellimist
They use gravity to pull objects in, compress stuff into virtually nothing, and are even called singularities...

Yeah, but turbolasers aren't really lasers and lightsabers aren't made of light.

S_W_LeGenD
You must be joking?

Those were Vong manifestations that would vanish after absorbing some firepower. They were not even close to the power and mass of the real ones.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
You must be joking?

Those were Vong manifestations that would vanish after absorbing some firepower. They were not even close to the power and mass of the real ones.

Yeah, but they are able to suck in torpedos that can easily escape the gravity well of a planet. If they actually generate a gravitational field in the same proportion to their mass as real life objects, they would have to be planet sized at the minimum. But this doesn't make any sense in relation to how they can sit on planets and no do anything to them, be moved around by creatures, etc.

This is either the most impressive feat in the mythos, or nothing much at all. It's really tough to make sense of it.

The Ellimist
Ranking them, ignoring feats vs. powerscaled individuals (because that would just make it lame):

1. Pushing the star destroyers out of the system
2. Luke and Kyp manipulating dovin basals (I've come to agree with ares on this one)
3. Luke allegedly being able to rip hulls off of battlecruisers.
4. Jadus holding together a dreadnaught, maybe.
5. Nihilus TK'ing the Ravager.
6. Yoda TK'ing droid landing ships.
7. Luke destroying Vader's fortress.

Tentatively.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Syndicate
Me: But... Just because one powerful dovan basil had moon level gravity doesn't mean the one Kyp manipulated did and aside from that is shifting around the mechanics of one of these dovan basils with the force really manipulating the entirety of the gravity it produces?

This doesn't really make any sense. If he's moving the singularity, which he does, then he's moving the whole thing...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.